shadow_claw

Reality and Fiction Collide

Loki recoiled slightly as the bullet that would have hit his forehead slammed into a shield of magic and rebounded away, along with the others. Well that had caught him off guard. He reached for his knife but quickly realized it had been stolen from him when he had been captured. Hand-to-hand combat it was, then. Or running away.

Going with the latter, Loki quickly leapt to the side, barely avoiding the knife as he rolled away. "I think you're mistaking me for someone else," he called over his shoulder as he darted to the edge of the roof then whirled around to face his attacker. There was a slight flicker of magic around his body but that was the only sign that he was planning something.

The Winter Soldier froze as magic surged from his nemisis, staring at him in suspicion before taking a step closer. "You aren't Steve Rogers," he growled, though now he was curious as to who was pretending to be Steve. "So who are you then?"

Lanie watched everything unfold quietly. She knew it wasn't her place to butt in, or she would've done so earlier. This stranger reconginzed Loki's disguise. Why was that? Were they from the same place? She shifted her weight uneasily, before deciding to intervene. Lanie walked forward and placed a hand on The Soldier's shoulder. "That's enough."

"I'm a god," Loki replied arrogantly, lifting his chin slightly. "I am Loki of Jotunhiem. You probably have heard of me before." He adjusted his footing as he stared at the soldier. "Will you stay silent or will I have to kill you? Because I'm trying to keep my presence here low-key."

The Soldier turned his head to look at Lanie, his gaze softening immediately. "Natashka," he murmured, reaching out to touch her cheek. "I saw you in the news.. It made me regret when we last parted." His gaze returned to Loki, his expression hardening again. "Ah, I do know you, mighty conqueror of earth. HYDRA admires your prowess, though we knew you would fail. The Tesseract was a point of interest of ours, and therefore so are you. I won't reveal you.. Yet. Depends on what you can do for me." He kept looking back at Natasha, fondness in his crazed eyes.

(Low-key. Really.)

((Haha, bad puns. But that wasn't actually intended.))

"Do?" Loki echoed, a scowl quickly forming on his face. "For you? What makes you think I would do anything for you? Moreover, why do you think you can trust me to preform such a task?" He scowled as he dropped the illusion on himself, showing his true form. He could put up the disguise again when he left the roof. As for Lanie... keeping the disguise up would be best. No need to cause a fuss. And he seemed fond of her so that was a good leverage point. Hopefully Lanie had the common sense not to deny his claims. It could work in their favor.

((All of these hidden jokes keep cracking me up.))

Lanie glanced from Loki to The Soldier, her confusion masked with steely reserve. She unconsciously stiffened as her face was touched, her hands curling into fists. "Loki...I believe this charade has gone far enough. He appears to recongnize the both of us, and it is cruel to lead him on like this." Her expression softened after speaking. "I'm afraid I am not whom of which you speak of. My name is Lanie. We were concerned with the commotion is all." It took a short while of concentration, but Lanie was able to sense the blanket of magic over her and dispel it.

The Winter Soldier jerked away from Lanie as she revealed herself, anger radiating in his gaze. He did regret hurting his beautiful Russian killer, he regretted that they couldn't stay together. And now that he voiced that regret, it turned out he wasn't talking to Natasha. "I wished to know where the Tesseract was, at the interests of my employers, but now? Now I do not care. You have played me false," he snarled, hand twitching towards his gun as he glared at Lanie.

Her now visible ears flattened at The Soldier's hostility. Her hand hovered above the ponmel of her sword, but she refrained from attacking. "I am sorry for upsetting you. You can see now why I had to hide myself...but I was not aware you knew the form Loki chose for me. If there is any way I can repay for this trickery, please, say so." Regret shimmered in her now sapphire-colored eyes as she stared back at The Soldier. Body wise, Lanie and Natasha were very much the same. Their similarities ended there, however.

"Oh dear," Loki said from the sidelines, not moving. "This is why you should've remained disguised." He tutted as he shook his head from side to side. "Is this the part where we all fight? Because that is a fight you will lose. Terribly, horribly lose. Fair warning."

The soft snow dancing down from the sky drizzle the ground below. A lone figure stood and watched as the snowflakes fell down to the earth. A head was cocked as the figure watched a particular snowflake descend down to him. He lifted an arm and let the flake land onto his outstretched talon. The heat of the figure caused the snowflake to melt quite rapidly. The being looked up from the snowflake gazed at the city around him. Was he in a city before? He couldn't remember. But did that matter? No, it didn't. The being gripped the stone etched with colors that hung around his neck. The heat coming off of it was almost as great as his own. The figure with fire fused into his very being let go of the powerful stone; in response, it swung back and forth momentarily before keeping still once more. Blaziken didn't know what he was doing, nor how he got here, but none of that mattered. Taking a step forward, Blaziken began to march through the city, the beautiful red stone inscribed with black swirling markings hanging from his neck by rope necklace.

"'Not bad guys'? Don't you mean good guys?" Buttercup asked. "If I had a better word for bad guys, I would use it. But I'm five years old and in the kindergarten, so I don't know any big fancy words. But I do like your plan, Eridan. Come on! We got some people to beat up!" Buttercup sped out of the building and into the blizzard outside.

Did the storm get stronger or something? We better find some bad guys fast! We can't stay out here for too long.

"wwell, not, not really. just because someone isn't bad doesn't make them good" Eridan replied, following Buttercup out.

"wwhere did this come from? it seemed a vvery soft earlier. noww it's like a hurricane, but with snoww"

hurricane, but with snoww? a snowwicane?

It was hard to see through the curtain of snow. Eridan was tempted to see what would happen if he shot Ahab's Crosshairs into the onslaught, but he figured it wouldn't do much.

"maybe wwe should just go back inside and wweather this snowwicane?" He suggested nervously.

Edited by MasterWeavile898

"Blizzard," Buttercup corrected Eridan. "It's called a blizzard and yes, we should go back inside." Following Eridan's words, Buttercup flew back inside and sat down by the fire.

"Well this sucks," she pouted as she crossed her arms and stared at the fire.

"Now what are we suppose to do?"

Millie shivered as the snowstorm picked up. She wanted to keep catching snowflakes, but it was far to cold. She needed somewhere warm to go, but she didn't know her way around. she scanned the area, searching for anything or anyone that might help. She saw a reddish glow off to her left. Nervously, she flew towards it. She was almost cheered when she saw a Blaziken, a Fire-type, someone to keep her warm. But she didn't cheer, what if it was a mean Blaziken? She turned invisible and flew over. The snow was melting in the Blaziken's fiery aura. She followed along next to it for a little bit, finally deciding to risk talking to it.

She stopped being invisible and said, nervously, "Um, hello?"

She was prepared to defend herself if need be, hopefully need wouldn't be though.

Blaziken turned around when he heard a small voice. His gaze landed upon a Meloetta.

Strange, I wouldn't think a Meloetta would be in such cold weather. I wonder why she...oh, I get it.

"Greetings," Blaziken called as he faced the shivering Meloetta. He looked her up and down for a moment before continuing. "You don't look very content. Are you in need of warmth?" Blaziken was more than willing to offer his heat to this poor soul as long as it didn't turn on him. If it did, then that warmth would turn into a blazing inferno in which would be the Meloetta's immolation.

He barked a laugh, looking between Loki and Lanie. "Oh, do you think so? If I recall, Captain America defeated you quite easily- and I'm better than him in every way," he challenged, hand grasping the butt of the pistol holstered at his hip. He could fight.. But what if he did lose? Then he wouldn't get revenge. But he could bid his time and plan their downfalls, their bloody, agonized downfalls. Turning towards Lanie, he smiled and said," Do my vstrechayemsya snova, moy dorogoy." With a bow to her, he promptly jumped over the edge of the building and disappeared. He was quickly swinging from different fire escapes though, rapidly putting distance between them.

(Until we meet again, my dear)

A mortal? Better than he? He was a god! Never. "Well, he was charming," he said dryly, turning away with a scowl. A quick burst of magic and he was enveloped in an illusion once more, taking the form of Steve Rogers yet again. Another illusion moved to cover Lanie, disguising her as Natasha again. "Ready to go find that hotel?"

Confused, Lanie watched as The Soldier leapt from the building and was then out of sight. How strange. A voice near her halted her thoughts.

Is he gone? Two red eyes peered up at Lanie in her shadow. When she nodded, Dark Link rematerialized human again. His wound from earlier remained, however. Red light still streamed from the gash across his chest. Clearly it was his equivalent for blood.

"Yes...I am ready. Let's go find Luiz, and then we can keep going." Lanie agreed after a moment of silence. She couldn't help but feel guilty for upsetting The Soldier, since he seemed so happy to see the woman she was disguised as. Which was why she rejected Loki's spell wit her own magic. "I woll be fine. I have magic of my own." She twisted the magic that she was veiled in to change her form to her whim. All of her feline attributes were humanized, leaving a blue-eyed woman with pale red hair and tan skin. There. That was much better.

After a bit of meditating, Aayla was once again in control of herself. Standing up again, she took stock of her situation, and came to the conclusion that one of two things had happened: either she was brought to this place by the will of the Force, and if so – unprecedented as that would be – she would have to find out what she was needed here for; or this was some sort of Sith trick, and she would have to be extra careful in order to survive. Since she had no indication either way, she figured it’d be safest to assume the latter, but keep her senses open for the former.

Since the general feeling she had gotten before, was that the locals had thought she was crazy, she kept her hood up as she left the alley again. Planning on not drawing attention to herself while trying to locate the nearest starport, she was going to cross the street to the slightly less crowded sidewalk on the other side. Before she did, a vehicle rumbled down the street, and Aayla watched it with a bit of bemusement. A wheeled land speeder? She thought. How… archaic. Checking for any more such vehicles, the street seemed empty, so she started to cross.

However, about halfway across, she became aware of a presence that was different from the others in the area, but she couldn’t see who it was. Assuming that the person was masked by a Force Cloak (something she had considered, but didn’t want to have to cover her tracks in the snow as well), she briefly paused where the presence seemed the strongest, and quietly said, “I know you are here…follow me.” If this was a fellow Jedi, they must have had a reason for wanting to be hidden, but if it was a Sith, she wanted to confront them where there would be no innocents in danger.

Continuing on her way, she calmly went to another alley that she could tell was empty, and as she walked she had discreetly taken her lightsaber from her belt. Stopping about halfway down the alley, she turned and waited to see if the presence had followed her; her hand and lightsaber were both concealed by the sleeve of her cloak.

Edited by starphyre77

Loki shrugged and turned to stare at the shadow. "You'll be fine. But perhaps not he." He turned away with a carefree shrug. The fight had certainly fixed his sass and put his ego back in the right place. "Is this party going to grow larger or will you teeter off elsewhere? Either way, I'll meet you on the ground floor." He glanced at Lanie's new form then turned and started down the stairs. It would be too noticeable to jump so he simply walked down to the ground.

Jack was waiting rather impatiently for the shadow to return. He was taking far too long for his tastes and still had not returned. But if he left, they would have trouble meeting back up again. He scowled briefly and continued to look about until someone stopped right in front of him, barely a few inches away from his face. Him? "Me?" he asked, looking about. There certainly wasn't anyone else the cloaked figure seemed to be addressing. He watched as the cloaked person passed. Someone could see him? Were they another spirit or like the shadow? Curiosity quickly got the best of him and he pursued the cloaked figure into the alley it had vanished into. "You can see me?" he asked curiously.

Before long, Aayla felt the presence enter the alley, but it was still cloaked. Its emotions were a little unclear to her, but she wasn’t sensing any hostility toward her…at least not yet. She kept her posture neutral, but was ready to defend if needed, and in a casual tone, she said, “We’re alone here, so you can drop your cloak… Also, are you Sith or Jedi?”

His... cloak? Jack looked down at his shirt in confusion, pulling at the fabric of his sweatshirt. "It's a sweatshirt," he replied matter-of-factly although, given that she had not answered his first question, he was not sure she could actually hear him. But why could she tell he was there? "Sith? Jedi? What in the world is that?" He scratched the back of his head with a loud sigh. This was pointless.

Focusing her senses on the presence, she could better make out its emotions. “You seem confused, and perhaps a little frustrated,” Aayla said, and then with a small sigh she used her empty hand to remove her hood. Though her lekku ((head-tails)) were wrapped against the cold of Hoth, she hadn’t put the mask back on after she had lost contact with the Endurance, so her blue face was fully visible. She tilted her head slightly to one side, and with a small smile, she said, “I mean you no harm. You can show yourself.”

Lanie's ears flattened yet again as Loki decided to comment. Not that they were visible or anything like that. She stealthily climbed down the building and landed in snow. The cold was miserable. It didn't take long to find the pompous god. It never did. He radiated this...air about him that was easy to distinguish.

Once he was safely out of sight, the Soldier tried his communicator and grimaced when he got no response. He was stuck on his own- which was actually good. It meant his superiors wouldnt swoop in and put him back in the cryogenic freezers again. "Just wait," he muttered as he pulled his black veil over his nose and mouth, "I'll be back for you, god."

Luiz kept staring up at the roof, huddling under a street lamp though it gave no warmth. "They didn't forget me, did they?" He muttered to himself.