shadow_claw

Reality and Fiction Collide

Loki didn't move as a very real fist slammed into his body and sent him flying backwards into a wall. Past injuries that had yet to heal mixed with newer ones as he crumbled to the ground. It... It wasn't an illusion. Dazed, he blinked several times and slowly crawled to his feet, swaying slightly. Well, this was... Unusual. It couldn't be the battle he was in since there were not two of him so it was still some sort of magic. But if not an illusion, than what? And what would happen if he tried to flee? Perhaps putting back on the magic-blocking chains had been a bad idea. It was certainly going to prove to be so if the Hulk kept attacking him. He had to start thinking things through a bit more but he panicked.

Hulk was not having such complicated thoughts, and advanced forward again with a snarl. "Oh yes, good, just stand there and take it. That's a good way to prove your point," Gabriel called sarcastically. Now the green behemoth was trying to seize his legs again in order to bash him about, like he had the first time.

"I was attempting peaceful negotiations," Loki replied, quickly removing the muzzle from his mouth. No, none of that. He had dealt with that once already and his spine was still healing. He jumped backwards quickly, wriggling away from Hulk like a fish. As soon as the cuffs were removed, he stopped backing away and planted his feet firmly on the ground.

Stop.

Calm down.

Focus.

He made a motion with his hand, causing massive amounts of ice to burst forth from his palm and move quickly towards the Hulk, trying to freeze him solid. Starting with his hands, his pale skin rapidly began turning dark blue as he summoned more and more ice forward.

Gee, aren't you just bursting with self-confidence. Dark Link muttered, rolling his eyes. He diligently tended to keeping the woman warm and at least mildly conscious. He pulled one of his black gloves off to check exactly how cold Lanie was. She's so tiny...It's a wonder she didn't freeze to death earlier than this...

( sleep.gif )

Hulk was met was ice, and though he bashed and smashed through a lot of it, there was too much to stop completely. His feet were frozen in place first, followed by his torso, hands and arms, then finally his whole body. Gabriel clapped slowly, still smiling. "Hey look, you're a smurf too! But that's not important now. You stopped him, congratulations! Should I reset everything and you can keep doing this, or do you believe me yet?"

( sleep.gif )

Hulk was met was ice, and though he bashed and smashed through a lot of it, there was too much to stop completely. His feet were frozen in place first, followed by his torso, hands and arms, then finally his whole body. Gabriel clapped slowly, still smiling. "Hey look, you're a smurf too! But that's not important now. You stopped him, congratulations! Should I reset everything and you can keep doing this, or do you believe me yet?"

((What? Did I do something wrong? sad.gif ))

Loki stared at the frozen beast then looked down quickly at his hands. Quickly, he hid them in his coat as the blue began fading much slower than it came. "It is a clever piece of magic," Loki admitted carefully. His head was spinning from the blow but his pride kept him from removing his hands from his jacket to hold his forehead. "But nothing more and it does not prove anything that you are saying." He had felt very unusual at first but now that he was firmly insisting everything around him was not real, he was feeling slightly better. It was only the stubborn insistence that he was not actually in New York that made him not break down. It had been quite the traumatic experience.

Jack shrugged slightly but kept his distance anyway. "Did you hear that?" he asked, staring at the pile of furs on Ca'Lanie. Maybe it was just his imagination but he swore he heard a sound coming from it.

The young man's pointed ears stuck up at Jack's question. He was right, there was something! The shadow lifted the pile of furs to see the dog fro earlier nestled at her side. How hadn't he noticed that before? C'mon, you'll suffocate if you stay under there. Dark Link nudged Luiz with one of his shoeless feet.

(No, you didn't do anything wrong. Sorry, that was about something else. You're fine)

Gabriel arched a brow at Loki. If his morals had been more firm, he would've backed off, but he didn't mind messing with things in order to prove a point. "Well, okay, let's see.. Oh, I know!" He snapped and they were back in Chicago, the battle and everything else gone. "Kill someone. Really, pick anyone of your choice. I can resurrect them," he said arrogantly.

Luiz muttered a complaint as the warmth was lifted off of him, wriggling closer to Lanie. He didn't want to, it was cold out from under the furs and his own fur was laughably short. At least the cat lady had longer fur.

Dark Link spun around as the two people from earlier reappeared. He dismissed them quickly and returned to his current problem. Stupid dog... he grumbled. The shadow grabbed for Luiz to pull him out of the furs. I'll get you your own fur, just het out from under hers!

Luiz dug his paws into the ground and fought to stay where he was, growling stubbornly. He even went as far as to bite the hand that was trying to pull him away. He wanted to stay with her! Because he had promised.

Loki blinked and suddenly they were in a different area, though his back was still aching. Kill someone? "An interesting idea... But I prefer not to. Violence is not always the answer and I hope to remain covert until Asgard finds me. No need to spark up more difficulty."

Gabriel shrugged and looked around. There was a pedestrian on the street, clearly alone, just walking along and minding his own business. "You're a trickster like me, how's about a good laugh?" He asked, then without waiting for a reply snapped his fingers. There was a piano riff, and then an actual piano fell on him.

Loki stared at the piano where the man had once stood then pressed his lips together. "I fail to see the humor in that. It is difficult to laugh at something no longer alive. If you're going to attempt humor, at least make some effort. That was just crushing a man with a musical instrument. If he hated music, it would at least have been ironic."

"Well you're just no fun at all, are you?" Gabriel huffed, waving a hand. The piano disappeared, leaving the mutilated figure behind on the pavement. "Oh, gross. Okay, let's fix that," he snorted, walking over. For this he had to channel a little bit more power, but he did it anyway, kneeling and giving a snap of his fingers. Away went the injuries and blood, leaving a very confused man laying on the ground. Gabe clicked his tongue and helped the man up. "You fainted pal, I'd go home if I were you. And stay away from pianos!" He received a baffled look.

Loki turned away with a snort, trying to hide the disgust on his face. "You're not a trickster," he said, his voice low. "You're more of a maniac than I am. You're repulsive. And I've had enough of you. No, you have not convinced me. Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm going to leave." He raised his hand and snapped his fingers, his magic trying to return him to the church he had been at.

"Pot and kettle," Gabriel called after him, sticking his hands in his pockets and rolling his eyes. Man, he was terrible at talking to people. It definitely wasn't his appearance, he was devilishly handsome. Well, now what?

Like a snake slipping through drainpipes, Loki easily managed to teleport back to the church. He should have just done that in the first place since that fellow was really agrivating. He sighed as he looked around before realizing the shadow was back with a form hidden largely by furs. "Lanie?" He asked, surprised. "What happened?"

Dark Link burst into smoke when his hand was bitten and hissed angrily. As if put in rewind, his form pieced back together seconds afterward. He turned his head at the sound of a voice. So you know this lady? Hmph. Jack and I brought her in here so she wouldn't die from the cold. She's in pretty bad shape, being as tiny as she is. He answered with a small frown. The shadow turned back to the pile of furs and scowled at the dog. This time, he lunged at the stubborn animal.

Edited by shadow_claw

The cold dog gave a startled bark and began struggling, trying to get out of his grip. " 'ey! What's your problem, man? I'm cold," he whined, giving up and just sitting there shivering in the dark figure's arms.

"Yes, sorry," Felix said, his heart yearning for a family again. He had never told Pan his secret desires for a family again. He had a family, but they had never loved him. He knew well enough never to cross Pan, so he decided to become ruthless. "Ar!" Yoshi said, breaking Felix of his thoughts. THe green dinosaur was pointing to a newspaper stand. "Yoshi! Yoshi!" He was trying to tell Samus to look at the date.

Samus walked over to where her friend was pointing at. She glanced over at one of the newspapers and grabbed it in her hands. It took her a moment to process just what it said.

Twenty-Thirteen? How could it possibly be twenty-thirteen? That's impossible! That's...

Samus placed the newspaper back down and returned to her companions. She was baffled by how she managed to back in time. Maybe the newspaper was wrong. Maybe she was being tricked. Perhaps this was a simulation of some sort and she was being fooled into being a puppet; being tested on her skills. But that didn't make sense. Why would she be tested? Her abilities were as plain as the sky and her strength was known well. She didn't need to be tested, let alone, with the current circumstances. If it as the space pirates testing her, well that made even less sense. Why not just kill her? It would be a lot easier than putting him into a simulation.

"We're in twenty-thirteen." Samus said as she stopped next to Felix. "We're in Chicago and we're in winter. How we got here and why this is happening I don't know. Either this is a test of some sort, something went wrong, or someone is toying with us. At the moment, how we got here isn't our concern. Finding others and seeing if they know more than us is our goal at the moment. With that in mind, do either of you know where we should start?"

"Captain America, y'know, leader of The Avengers? Everybody knows about him. A guy basically skin 'n bones turned into a super-soldier by Stark's muscle-drugs or whatever they are. To make 'im more famous, he was recoved frozen solid in the Arctic Ocean and then woke up jus' fine after seventy or so years. Sure makes my story sound real dumb." Clint asked. He glanced outside to see a blizzard had whipped up. Yeah, his stupid costume wasn't gonna keep him warm in that. The archer picked himself out some clothes, payed for them, and then changed in one of the changing rooms. Sheepskin boots, jeans, purple gloves, a purple shirt, and a purple hat was what he came out wearing. He was wrestling with a fur coat as he exited. "Ya might wanna bundle up a little more. There's a real storm whippin' up out there" Edited by shadow_claw

Felix shivered, the snow was getting worse. "Arr," Yoshi said, also shivering. It was starting to get really cold for him too.

Nami blinked as Clint replied to her question. "And what are the Avengers?" Nami asked as she followed himoutside. She had now changed into more appriate clothes for this kind of weather, but paused. "This storm is about to get a lot worse."

Samus, who was protected by her suit, realized her companions were getting severely cold.

"Perhaps it would be best for us to find a place to stay until the blizzard blows over," Samus said. Her eyes scanned the area around her. She didn't see anyone else outside and she had lost sight of the buffet.

We should find a place to stay, and fast. The story is getting worse by the minute.