shadow_claw

Reality and Fiction Collide

Clint pulled the hood up on his coat and relished in its soft fur lining. He arched an eyebrow at the woman's question yet again. "Where'd ya come from, under a rock? The Avengers are a team of people brave enough to fight the people others can't. It's our job to protect the innocent, and if we can't, Avenge their loss." he answered with a small frown. With one hand, Clint kept ahold of his hold. This wind really wanted to blow his hood off. People with superhuman powers usually join, but I've got nothin' but a bow. Makes ya feel real stupid after a while of bein' forgotten by the peoples' hides ya've saved, but I still do it.

"I told you already, I cam from a pirate ship sailing in the Grand Line!" Nami snapped at him. This man sort of remindered her of Luffy, he protected people and wanted nothing in return.

"Yoshi!" Yoshi said, pointing to a hotel. Felix blinked. How could this woman understand this green dinosaur?

Samus looked over to the hotel and gave a small nod.

"Good thinking, we'll be warm in there." Samus looked over at Felix and pointed over to the hotel.

"You can see that building over there, right?" she asked. "We're heading over there." Without waiting for a response, Samus trudged forward and towards the hotel. From the distance, she couldn't tell if it was still in use or abandoned.

It doesn't matter either way. I'm sure the people in there will let us stay once the storm blows over. They'll have to, willingly or not.

Clint stuck his free hand in his pocket and rolled his eyes. This chick was crazy! He seemed to have a magnet to crazy women. The thought made him shudder. Yeah, well, you need to travel on land a little more. C'mon, there's gotta be a hotel or somethin' nearby. Clint trudged on through the unrelenting cold with his head down. An idea struck him halfway through this which led the Avenger to slip on his purple-tinted sunglasses. Natasha had told him about eye damage from looking at nothing but bleach white for ages. Of course a Russian would be the one to advise him of such things. Besides, with his hearing just about shot, Clint didn't want his vision to go sour either. He subconsciously adjusted the hearing aids in both ears as he thought about this.

The cold dog gave a startled bark and began struggling, trying to get out of his grip. " 'ey! What's your problem, man? I'm cold," he whined, giving up and just sitting there shivering in the dark figure's arms.

(Claw)

Loki was still for a moment before he silently strode forward, rubbing his hands together. Magic sparked from his fingers before he set his hand on Lanie's forehead. It hurt his fingers quite a bit to be handling heat but he was trying to restore her body temperature. It was his fault since he had asked her to leave. He had to fix her.

((I was waiting, sorry.))

Dark Link frowned and shifted the weight of Luiz to one arm. With a now free hand, he pulled one of the smaller furs from Lanie's body. Well suffocating under a pile of furs is no way to warm up. the dark being replied sharply. He set the dog down on the floor beside Lanie and draped the fur over him.

After a few moments of Loki's magic, a pair of blue eyes cracked open to stare up at the pale god. Her fur rose in a sort of wave as she grew warmer before settling quickly afterwards. "Loki?" She rasped. She realized groggily how dry her mouth was. It was rather uncomfortable, now that Lanie had thought about it.

Felix follwed Samus, not really wanting to stay out in the cold any longer than he had to. Yoshi stuck close by to Samus' side as they entered the hotel.

"Agreed," Nami said. She looked around at the buildings once again.

((I might not've nagged you about this earlier, but the rules still apply to everyone. Please refrain from posting one-lines. Three or more is tolerable.))

Samus pushed through the hotel doors and entered the building. Upon entering, she saw no one in sight. She glanced around at her surroundings. The furniture and atmosphere looked homely enough. It didn't look as though the place was abandoned.

Although....

Samus walked up to the reception counter and rang the bell. The ringing of the bell filled the building. Samus waited as the ringing echoed through the building; slowly dying away into the distance.

"Looks like no one is here," she said out loud, unaware if her companions had entered the building as she had.

(sorry, I thought you missed it)

Luiz grumbled and cuddled into the fur, still shivering as his body tried to warm him up. "It is if it's warm, man," he replied sullenly, licking his chops as he started to drool again. He waited a moment before he started inching towards Lanie again, the fur moving with him. He wanted to be warm with her again.

((Tis okay my friend! happy.gif ))

The shadowy clone scowled and rolled his eyes. Okay, fine! He was done with trying to keep the stupid dog from dying! Dark Link grumbled to himself and then sulked off to stand beside Jack. Hmph. Some people! Trust me, it's better nobody can see you. They're too irritating to mess with.

Clint led the way inside the hotel only to blink at the armored person inside. Maybe it was him on drugs instead of everybody else. Didn't people have weird dreams in comas? Maybe Loki's necromancy or whatever the Hell it was had messed him up a whole lot more than what Clint had assumed. Okay...what? Why...wh-I don't understand what I'm seein'. Hey, you one 'o Stark's Suit-Testers? The archer asked.

Samus turned her head when she heard a male and unfamiliar voice speak up.

"I am nothing of the sort," she retorted as she turned around the face the stranger.

He must enjoy the color purple....

"Care to identify yourself?" she asked. Samus made a mental note to keep her blaster ready to shoot at any moment. She didn't like the look of this guy and it seemed as though he didn't like the look of her either.

Clint couldn't help but smirk at the response. It reminded him of how Natasha spoke. The thought of his favorite redhead sent a wave of homesickness through him. The Avenger pushed his hood off to reveal a handsome blonde man with blue eyes and a square-ish jaw. It had been hard to tell with his hood down but Clint had taken his cowl off. Agent Clinton Barton or Hawkeye, dependin' on who I'm talkin' to. Out of all The Avengers, Clint was the one with the heaviest accent. Natasha had lost hers pretty quickly after being adopted into SHIELD, T'Chala's wasn't that much of an accent, and Thor just talked weird. Clint's was an odd blend of multiple street dialects he had picked up on while growing up in a circus. It made him sound like a smartass (which he totally was).

Clinton Barton... I don't recall that name from anywhere. No surprised there.

With her helmet dispersing into air, Samus met Clinton's gaze.

"Samus Aran, at your service," she replied as a cold draft breezed into the building. Samus turned around and stared down an empty hallway.

"This building is abandoned," she confirmed. "I doubt you'll find any help in here."

((OOC: I think I'll hold off on replying until Raptor comes back. You can go on ahead, but I think I'll wait.))

Edited by Doctortear

Luiz was pleased when he was left alone. Pulling the blanket along with him, the bulldog curled up against Lanie's side and sighed happily. "See? I came back," he said, unaware that she was awake as he laid his head down again.

Loki kept his hand on her forehead until she opened her eyes. Noticing movement on the ground, he frowned and pulled his hand away from her, trying to place his hands on the dog's back to warm him as well. His hands-burdened by the heat the magic had generating-were starting to darken and burn. It hurt but it was his fault. He could at least try to fix it.

Jack was unconvinced but stared at the new man that was apparently healing them. But he gave no indication he could see him either. But humans didn't have powers. "Who's this guy?" He asked, gesturing to the pale man. "He reminds me of that old spirit from the Dark Ages... Pitch Black or something..."

Lanie slowly sat up once Loki had moved away. She glanced around to take in her surroundings. The first thing she did afterwards was pat Luiz on the head. The second thing she noticed was Loki's burn. "You're hurt." The Khajiit stated softly. "You hurt yourself in helping me, didn't you?" The thought of this made her ears angle backwards. Yet again, Lanie pulled a potion from her bag and offered it to him. "If you refuse it this time, I will hold you down and force it down your throat. Do you understand?"

I don't remember his name, but he got into some trouble in the recent past. The weird feathery guy kept calling him a 'Pagan'. Whatever that is. Dark Link answered with a shrug. His blood-colored eyes scanned over the area silently. None of them seemed threatening enough to raise alarm. Good. He didn't feel like killing anyone.

Luiz blinked as feeling returned to his skin, wiggling his little toes. "Feelin' better now! Thanks," he said to Loki excitedly, wagging his tail once. That wagging sped up as Lanie petted him; he angled his head into the touch. It felt good.

"Feathered guy?" Jack asked, tilting his head to the side. He hasn't met Gabriel so, naturally, he had no idea who that was. "Who's that? Tooth fairy has feathers but that's a girl."

Loki glanced up at Lanie then straightened upright. The illusion cloaking his body spread, quickly covering his fingers. "I'm fine," he replied, showing her his hands. It still hurt but the illusion made it look as if he was fine. "You save it in case you freeze again."

The look in Lanie's eyes proved she wasn't backing out of this. She held up a hand and then slid the satchel from her shoulder. Upon turning it upside-down, an immense amount of supplies fell out. Pieces of armor, food, potions, ingredients, dragon scales, multiple furs, and assorted weapons belonged to the pile that was created. "I have plenty. If not, I can simply heal you. It is of little effort, and I cannot tolerate hurting one I believe to be a friend." The dark suit of obviously enchanted armor had Lanie considering to change into that instead. It was her usual and preferred garb anyways. She began to clean up her mess but paused halfway through to pet Luiz again. He was a sweet little dog.

What did he call himself...? An archangel! Yes, that's what it was! I have no clue what that is, but he's a cheeky man with wings. Dark Link exclaimed. He seemed pleased with himself in recalling the stranger and what he was. After all, he had never met anyone to recall before besides Link! Do you want to look for him? Maybe he's give us some information!

Luiz hummed happily as he was petted, eyes sliding closed as his foot began to thump against the floor. He definitely didn't want to chase the cat now, she was a good friend. "Just take it man, you're upsettin' the lady," he said to Loki.

Jack nodded after a moment, looking at the three as they argued about the man drinking something. They all seemed fine, though. "It's probably a good idea," he said, gripping his staff as his feet left the floor. "Dunno what he looks like, though. You'll have to come with me."

Loki sighed, closing his eyes. He would yield. "Very well," he said, dropping all pretense. Well, not his basic covering illusion but everything hiding his injuries, including what he had suffered from his first and second encounter with the Hulk. Burnt fingers were not his biggest problems. He opened his eyes again and stared at Lanie silently, waiting for her reaction. She seemed upset with just burnt fingers. How would she feel about everything he had been hiding?

Gabriel stood in the street, arms folded behind his back as he examined a newspaper stand. Someone bumped into him and then apologized, but he paid them no mind. He was in Chicago, but what was the date? It seemed to be current times, but what could he do now? Should he go and find Sam and Dean, or continue hiding? A frown tugged at his lips as he recalled being called a coward. He wasn't a coward, he proved that when he stayed behind and let lucifer kill him.