shadow_claw

Reality and Fiction Collide

Lanie gasped and covered her mouth with a hand in a startled manner at the sight of Loki's injuries. He looked absolutely horrid! What had he done to hurt himself so? "Come here, I can take care of that and at least ease any residual pain with it." Being an adventurer herself, it was necessary to keep healing components with her at all times. She shuffled through her bag and pulled out a small bag kept closed with a leather string. "Do not eat much of that, Moon Sugar is powerful to any who are not Khajiit" she advised. After offering the bag to Loki, Lanie held the potion out to him as well.

Of course I will! Let's go! Dark Link switched into his shadow form and then re-appeared outside. The one nice thing about being a dark apparition was that he wasn't bothered by the cold. Jack wasn't either, which meant they could move at decently fast pace.

Loki silently moved closer before taking a seat. He took the bag and opened it, peering into it curiously. It was obviously foreign to him so he took the potion first and slowly drained it. He was trusting Lanie that it was actually going to heal him, which was quite unusual for him. He was usually very untrusting of people. He set the empty potion down next to him and stared at his hands as a strange, tingling sensation overtook his body. Perhaps it was poison after all. "I feel quite strange," he said, resting his forehead in his hands.

Jack quickly flew outside, following the shadow as he floated above the ground. "Any idea where he might be?" he asked, looking about. And would the archangel fellow even be able to see him was the question.

"That means it is working." Lanie replied. When Loki didn't open the bag, she did herself and pulled out a few crystals of what appeared to be unrefined sugar. She popped them into her mouth and sighed. Khajiit such as herself had an appetite for sweet foods, but the sugar in the bag was known for its positive and negative effects. It was incredibly sweet and had a narcotic effect if too much was ingested. Otherwise, it left one with a warm and almost light-headed feeling. A small amount of it was enough to dull pain.

Not a clue, I'm afraid. I bet we should look for chaos. Dark Link answered. He melted into a small blob of a shadow and sank into the sidewalk. The blob raced about in search of the man from before. He was still in Chicago, right? Dark Link didn't know where else the odd man would be.

Luiz lifted his head to sniff at the thing she put into her mouth. "What's that?" He asked, sniffing next at the bottle Loki had drank from just a moment ago. He was sure what exactly was going on, but he didn't mind.

Sighing in frustration, Gabriel picked up a map and tried to figure out the exact area the Winchesters had been in. He obviously needed to let them know he was still alive- he was not a coward. But where were they?

"Wait!" Jack called then sighed when the shadow vanished. He grimaced and kicked his feet with a loud sigh. "I don't know what he looks like," he said softly then took to the air, flying overhead. Someone with wings, right? Hopefully he'd be able to find him.

Loki nodded slowly as his eyes flickered to the pouch Lanie had taken back. She was eating what appeared to be sugar. But she had given it to him originally so maybe it would help. The potion was giving him an odd, lingering headache. But his hands were already looking much better and his cuts had all but vanished. "A healing potion, I think," he said in response to the talking dog."May I try some of what you are eating?"

((yeah, Doc beat me to it. Thanks, Doctor! Also, if you could delete your form Loth, that would be lovely.))

When he realized he had sgotten ahead, Dark Link turned human yet again and waved his arms around towards the sky. Would that be enough? Maybe it was just better to stay human like this. Then Jack would be able to see him.

"Moon sugar. Found in my home. Strong stuff, but I love the taste." Lanie answered the dog. She rolled the piece in her mouth around before chewing and swallowing it. Upon Loki's question, the Dragonborn offered the bag to him. "Not too min. The effects are strong to one who has never tasted it." she warned yet again.

Swiping away drool with a paw, Luiz set his head down to watch them interact. "You know, this ain't like my home at all. Its warm there, big blue skies and smaller buildings- but its home, y'know? Not sure I like this place," he rambled.

"That is because it is Midgard," Loki replied as he pulled out a piece of the Moon sugar and examined it. It looked quite strange but Lanie seemed to be enjoying it. Perhaps it had medicinal properties. "It is far different from my home as well." He gingerly nibbled on the end of the sugar then popped the entire thing in his mouth and chewed like Lanie had. "It tastes quite unusual," he said, nose wrinkling slightly. "Not unpleasant, just unusual."

Jack quickly few down when he saw the shadow once again. "You have to wait for me," he said with a frown. "Not everyone can turn into a blob and sped away real quickly. Besides, I don't even know what this guy looks like."

Felix and Yoshi had been investigating the hotel a little bit like they were best friends when Yoshi stopped. "Arr!" Yoshi grunted as he heard Samus talking to someone. "What?" Felix asked before Yoshi lurched foward to be by Samus's side just in case of an attack. Felix followed the green dinosaur but paused as he noticed two new people.

Nami grew nervous as she noticed someone was pointing a gun at the guy. Of all the ridiculous things, a green dinosaur came up besides the woman named Samus and a young teenage boy was standing behind the two.

Samus gave a brief nod at her two partners as they came to her side. Well, one of them did. Felix merely stood behind them. She hadn't expected him to come to her side. She barely knew him and could hardly consider him a friend. Samus' eyes flickered back over to the man named Clint. Samus was debating whether or not to keep her gun down until another stranger came into the hotel. Not wanting to take any chances, she gripped her blaster in her hand and gazed warily at the two strangers. Should they make any sudden movements, she would materialize her helmet and fire.

Really? Well damn. If it's abandoned, I see no harm in findin' the fanciest room n' crashin'. Ya can call m' Clint by th' way. Clint replied. He seemed perfectly at ease even with the weapon drawn on him, but this was a usual thing for the archer. Working a career that had near-death experiences made him virtually fearless of getting shot. What ended up catching him off guard was the dinosaur. Hold up a second, isn't that from Mario? playing videogames with The avengers had Clint well-versed in certain games.

"It can be quite potent, but I love the taste." Lanie replied. She pulled out a few more crystals and then closed the bag. That was enough for now. Too much was dangerous. "My current home is just as cold, but I was born in a much warmer place. Although I have grown accustomed to the cold, I will never truly get used to it." Her gaze drifted to one of the colored windows as she talked. The unrelenting snowfall dimmed the light that filtered inside.

Yeah, I know, that's why I stopped. Let's just keep going. Dark Link replied. He looked around before setting off in the direction he'd been going before. Surely a winged man wouldn't be too hard to find, right?

"Ar!" Yoshi asked and yelled at Clint. How did this man know Mario? And he wasn't a 'that'. He was a proud dinosaur! "Who's Mario?" Felix and Nami asked at the same time.

Rumplestiltskin in the meantime was inside a verizon building, looking at the phones for a random reason.

There's strike one.

How did this man know that? It was impossible! But of course, this whole scenario was impossible.

"How do you know that?" Samus asked the man, not putting her gun down. "Oh, and he's not a 'that'. Do try to get your pronouns straight."

Clint's left eyebrow crept up his forehead. Sorry there pal, you're a he, aren't ya? Anyways, who doesn't know that? Mario Bros is probably the best-known videogame franchises. he answered. Were these more people that had never been in contact with real life? Jeez, this was getting a bit confusing.

(I don't really have anything else to do with Gabriel into your characters find him)

Luiz rolled on his back with his paws splayed in the air, content to listen to the larger creatures talk. He knew he wasn't smart, so he had nothing to say. Maybe he'd get some more pets if he was cute though. "Will it ever stop snowin' d'ya think?" He asked, looking through the hole in the roof. It was still sorta chilly inside but being next to Lanie helped.

"Videogame?" Samus sputtered. "What are you talking about? He's a real person with emotions and feelings like the rest of us. I should know, I've met him before. You, on the other hand, most likely haven't." Now raising her blaster, Samus spoke once more, in a harsh tone.

"Care to explain how you know about him?" she asked.

"What are video games?" Felix asked blinking. Nami aslo blinked. "How many times have I told you Clint?" Nami asked. "I came from a freaking pirate ship!" At this point, Nami was more concerned at shouting at Clint than having to worry with Samus. "Ar?" Yoshi asked, looking up at Samus. Was he from a video game?

In an instant, Clint snapped his bow into its full length and had a trick arrow loaded as soon as Samus had her blaster ready. His blue eyes had narrowed to slits. Now lady, don' think ya can go wavin' your weapons 'round without me doin' the same. Honest t' God, I aint lyin'. I can prove it t' ya if ya choose not t' start a fight. he said carefully. The joking light in his voice had vanished to take on a more deadly tone. Clearly he had fought before, especially since his bow was so professional-looking.

Loki nodded as he swallowed the crystal, a slight frown on his face when he noticed Lanie had closed the pouch. He wanted more. It was a weird taste but he liked it. His hand curled into a fist as he looked down at the dog. He could ask for more later. "Eventually," Loki said, looking down at the dog. "Midgard is hardly Jotunhiem. The snow will stop eventually."

Jack nodded then jumped ahead. Someone with wings... Why was this so difficult to find? Surely he couldn't have gone far. "Do you know what he looks like?" he called back to Dark Link.

Luiz chuckled, swiping his paw at the air. "That's good. It ain't never snowed where I come from. I kinda miss it, but it's cool here too," he replied, shutting his eyes with a dopey smile.

(NOTICE: I will be gone until Tuesday for the library is closed tomorrow)

Lanie looked over at Luiz and smiled. One of her hands hovered over the bulldog's pudgy pink stomach for a few seconds until she decided it was fine to rub it. "It will still be cold, I'm sure." She added. This place reminded her of Skyrim in its weather. The tall buildings and strange contraptions seemed to be a few of the many differences between the two lands

Luiz's tongue flopped out and his back leg began to kick as she rubbed his belly. The fur made it better somehow, not that he could explain it. This, this was good. A happy groan/whine started up.

Crouched on top of a building, the Winter Soldier peered through the scope of his sniper rifle and watched the comings and goings of people in the street below. They didn't know he was here, none of them did. That was fine, he operated in silence. The question was, where was he? One minute on an assassination mission in Russia, the next, some cold little city. It could be Moscow. What was infuriating was that his comm. seemed to have gone offline. He couldn't get a hold of his superiors. It was suspicious.

Yeah, he had long-ish brown hair and brown eyes. I dunno what to call what he was wearing, though. he answered. Dark Link weaved past people, but ended up getting knoked over by a larger man. His first reaction was unsheathing his sword, but he quickly sheathed it afterwards. Hey, stay right there for a second Jack. I'm gonna really quickly get a good idea of this place. The shadow shrank back down into a small blob after talking. He raced about the street, materializing on the top of an apartment complex.

A large man appeared in the middle of a busy sidewalk. He scowled, and glanced about. Where was he? Just moments ago, he had been stabbed through the stomach by Link. The stupid brat never went away. This world seemed just as easy to conquer, however.

Azog was not happy; not happy at all. He was not happy for several reasons: first and foremost, was because the Dwarf scum had been taken from him just as he was about to claim his head as a prize, and now… Now he found himself face down in the snow. He couldn’t figure out where the snow had come from, nor how he had fallen into it, but he was sure it was probably that wizard’s doing. Feeling beside him, his hand came upon his mace, and with a growl of rage grabbed it as he stood up intending to get back on his Warg and chase down those filthy eagles.

However, once on his feet, he got a good look around him and froze for a moment in confusion. The buildings around him were tall, and uniform, and unlike anything he’d ever seen before. They sort of reminded him of the old Dwarf dwellings in the Moria, but with the snow falling it was plain that he was not inside any Dwarf kingdom. Not to mention, it didn’t smell like Dwarf… In fact, it smelled strongly of Man, and this fact was most odd since there was no village of Men anywhere near the Misty Mountains with such buildings.

As he was trying to figure out what was going on, a Man rounded the corner of one of the buildings and crouched down to rifle through a bag of some form. The man was so intent on the bag, and in casting furtive glances the way that he had come, that he didn’t seem to notice Azog at first. However, as the giant Orc quickly crunched through the snow toward him, he looked up only to freeze in terror. Because he didn’t want to kill the man – yet – Azog had tucked his mace under his left arm, and with his one hand he lifted the man up by the collar of his jacket. |What is this place?| he demanded in the Black Speech, but the man just messed on himself as he gave half a scream before passing out.

With a deep and malicious chuckle, Azog tossed the man behind him expecting the Wargs to make him a meal. However, when there came no sounds of the carnage, he spun around, and for the first time realized that he was completely alone. For a brief moment a flicker of concern crossed his face, but it was quickly replaced with rage as he vowed to get revenge on the Grey wizard as well as the Dwarf king. Keeping to the shadows of one of the buildings, he tried to figure out where he was, and what to do to get back.