shadow_claw

Reality and Fiction Collide

(Well I don't know anything about Homestuck, how am I supposed to automatically know what kind of lazer it is? You didn't have to stop him at pulling the trigger, this was the part that you should've left out:

and into his foe

That leaves me no room to say he avoided it, because you already wrote that it hit.

He was going to dodge it somehow, yes, but you need to be a little more descriptive and watch how you word things. You can't just expect everyone to know exactly what you're talking about. I'm going to edit my post now that I know what the gun does.)

Edited by Sweet_Wyvern

Lanie too found the art impressive. Nords were never much for art, so she hadn't seen this sort of art since she left home. All of it was depicting different things. There was a shepherd with some sort of ring over his head guiding a small lamb, and there was a grotesque scene of a man slowly dying on some form of a cross. Other paintings depicted similar things. "This must be to some native deity of these people. It is all beautiful...I wonder why they abandoned it." She murmured. The fine layers of dust and the hole in the roof seemed to be the only things wrong with the building. It made Lanie question why it had been left to rot.

(Its fine, I'm just touchy about that kind of thing. You can reply now though..)

(Oh okay, I understand. I thought you were waiting for something else)

Loki stared at the strange images then turned away, shrugging his shoulders. "It matters not. Their abandonment is more convenient for us." He looked around before moving into one of the rows of long benches and laying down on it. It was hard and not comfortable but it would do. He crossed his arms over his chest and stared up at the ceiling in silence.

This was true, Lanie noted. These people's wasteful ways provided shelter for the two of them. She took her pack off yet again, this time pulling out a bedroll made of furs and several pelts. The bedroll was gingerly set on Loki's chest. "Here, that mustn't be comfortable to sleep on. Use this, I am fine with the furs. You must be freezing, after all that walking without a coat." Lanie was very clearly not to accept the roll back if he refused to use it. She got busy to laying some furs out on the floor for her own "bed". A particularly large, shaggy hide was used for this, while others were folded piled atop one another to make a headrest. In the end, Lanie's makeshift place to sleep ended up looking pretty comfortable.

"No, actually," Loki said as he fumbled with the bed roll but Lanie was already making her own bed. He stared at her then at the bedroll he had been given before he stood and migrated to a corner. He spread out the bedroll then slowly laid down on it, wincing slightly at his injuries. He finally managed to lay down, however, and rested his head on his hands.

The god was silent for a few moments before he suddenly reached into his shirt and produced the muzzle again. What if the Asgardians came in the middle of the night? Best put it back on just in case. He fiddled with the lock before it clicked and snapped shut. Loki sighed softly and lowered his head back down to sleep again.

When morning arrived, it wasn't much warmer than before. Harsh nights in Skyrim and a coat of fur had Lanie sleeping through the whole night. She slept like a cat would and could remain comfortable at odd angles. Which was why she was able to sleep with her forehead against her knees without a problem.

When Lanie awoke, she was up and exploring the higher floors of the old church. Carefully planned bouts of climbing and jumping had the woman up in the bell tower. She knew what a bell tower was, but they weren't used for any form of worship. They were used to warn people over a large distance of any form of danger. Why was a warning bell was put in a temple?

Knowing better than to disturb it, Lanie instead angled her curiosity to the pigeons that resided in the bell tower. There weren't birds like that at home! This was why the Khajiit returned to the main floor with a still-living, uninjured bird in one hand. It flailed about until she uttered three simple words in a strange language. The pigeon was still instantly after Lanie spoke. She cupped her hands so the bird sat in both, and studied it curiously

"Arr?" Yoshi asked, looking up at Samus. He was wondering if she knew how she got here. Felix blinked wearily as the chills he was getting was making him tired. Yoshi paused for a moment before entering the buffet he had just raided.

Rumplestiltskin moved away from the odd person and dinosaur before turning around and walking. He peered around this town and decided it was bigger than Storybrooke.

Loki didn't sleep at all. He faced the wall silently, staring at the corner, just thinking. Snapped out of his trance by a fluttering sound behind him, he looked over his shoulder and sat upright, quickly taking off the muzzle once more. "What are you doing?" he asked in confusion as the fluttering sound stopped. "What have you got?"

Lanie's ears shot up at the sound of Loki's voice. She turned her head and walked over to him eagerly. "I caught a bird. Look at all the colors in its grey feathers, isn't it lovely?" She answered softly. The pigeon in her hands was stretched out towards the god so he could see. Whatever Lanie did seemed to work, because the bird sat in her cupped hands as if it was her pet. It made a soft, content churring noise as if it hadn't been captured by a large cat-woman.

Nami wandered around the bitterly cold town as she stared up a the tall buildings. This city wasn't at all like she had seen before. She was starting to get worried now. There was no ocean in sight.

Damn it was cold. Clint hated the cold. He didn't to know how he happened to arrive in Chicago; he just wanted to get out of the cold. "Damn snow." He muttered crossly. Snow reminded him of Iowa, and that was the last place he wanted to think about. The woman in a freaking bikini gained his attention. "What th' Hell are ya doing? You're gonna kill yourself wearin' that stuff!"

Nami immidiately turned around. "Well it wasn't my fault I'm freaking here!" Nami hollered back. "The last thing I remember was I was on my pirate ship over the ocean where it was a warm summer day!"

A blonde eyebrow soared upwards at Nami's statement. What? "Right. Ya might wanna stop sniffin' glue or somethin', 'cause it's the middle of winter. In Chicago." He advised. This chick was crazy! At least his purple suit was insulated or he would've been freezing. "C'mon lady, I can get ya a coat er somethin'." Hawkeye waved a hand for Nami to follow, and trudged off down the sidewalk

Nami didn't like having to do this, but she followed the strange guy. "Chi-Chicago?" Nami questioned. "Is this town located on the Grand Line?"

"It's a pigeon," Loki replied like it was the strangest question in the world. A pigeon? Beautiful? He didn't see it. "Midgard has prettier species. Pigeons are usually referred to as pests." He slowly stood and walked over to her to examine the bird she was holding. "How did you get it to not fly off?"

"I dunno what th' Hell you're talkin' about lady, but Chicago is a really cold, big city close t' no oceans I know of." Clint replied. He stepped inside a clothing store and held to door open for Nami. "Get yourself a shirt and a coat. I'll pay. Jus' dress warmer next time you visit Chicago." Being a SHIELD assain had its perks. Hawkeye had too much cash that he didn't know what to do with it. So, he lived like a normal guy in a purple costume.

Pests? But it was so small and sweet! Most things on Tamriel tried to kill you one way or another, so seeing a peaceful animal was stunning to Lanie. She stared down at the bird in confusion. It didn't seem like a pest to her. "I caught it, and then calmed it down with my voice. It wasn't that hard, it was just frightened because I grabbed it." She answered innocently. The hard part was not hurting it when lunging for the bird. "Look, its feathers shine a rainbow of diferent colors in the light."

Nami huffed. Who in the world did this guy think he was? She walked into the store and looked around. "Well how was I supposed know I was about t obe dropped in the middle of Chicago?" she snipped at him.

"Have you ever seen a peacock before?" Loki asked as he looked down at the bird. He obviously wasn't seeing what she was seeing. "There are other birds more beautiful than this. In comparison, pigeons are quite plain." He reached out and tried to pat the pigeon's head. He had never seen a bird so mellow before.

"D'ya think I knew? I was in th' middle of a nice bout of PSTD before I was dropped here." Clint asked. To say The Battle of New York haunted Clint's nightmares was a massive understatement. He was overwhelmed with guilt and terror of his side of the events. "Jus' get somethin' and let's go. I've gotta contact the rest of the team so I can get picked up."

Lanie tilted her head to the side at Loki's question. What was a peackock? "I'm afraid I haven't. But I like these little birds. They make a pretty cooing noise and are soft. There's nothing wrong with being plain, because nothing really is plain. Sometimes you just have to look closely to see the beauty of something." She stated. The gray bird did nothing but attempt to look up at loki as its head was patted. Lanie eventually decided the pigeon was best with other birds and set it down. It looked around and then fluttered off to the bell tower. "I used the Thu'Um to keep it from panicking, if that's what you wanted to know earlier." She said this as if Loki knew what she was talking about. She didn't realize that he didn't, or would've explaine

"PSTD?" Nami asked as she browsed through the shirts. "What does that stand for?" She picked up a random shirt. It was purple with butterflies on it. She shrugged. It'll have to do for now.

Loki patted the bird's head once before pulling his hand back. He watched the bird fly off before turning back to Lanie. "I'm sorry, what?" He asked, tilting his head to the side. "What is Thum? Is that another word for magic?"

Clint glanced about the store in a bored manner as Nami looked around. Thank God Natasha didn't do this kinda thing. Everything Natasha did was usually quickly decided and not...girly. "Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder, or somethin' like that. I don' remember exactly what Banner said it was..." He frowned and rubbed his chin in thought.

"Translated directly, I believe it is 'The Way of The Voice'. Voice magic by using dragon language is what it is. Very powerful magic, the Thu'um is." Lanie answered. She couldn't recall all the philosophical aspect of it, but it was voice magic to the common man. "It's useful, but also draining. Words also take a lifetime to learn to anyone but dragons."

Nami blinked before looking at the jackets and picking up a purple one. She didn't know why she was picking up purple, she just was. "And who is Banner?" Nami asked. "Is he like your captain?"