shadow_claw

Reality and Fiction Collide

"Nah, Cap's our Captain. Don'cha know that? Everybody knows the leader of The Avengers." Clinr answered. He wrinkled his nose in a confused manner. Who didn't know about Captain America? Everybody either loved or hated the guy, so somebody was usually talking about him at some point. "Bruce 's another Avenger. Sorta."

Luiz was content to lay back an enjoy the summer sun. The crazy birds got everything sorted out and carnival was finally over, meaning everything was back to normal. All he was doing was minding his own business, snoozing in the warm sun, and then suddenly he was headfirst in a pile of snow. The dog yelped and flailed his paws, back pedaling hard until he managed to get out of the white fluff. " 'ey! What's the big idea here? Hello..?" He barked twice, but there was no one around. Then he noticed the cold and shivered. " 'ey man, 's not funny. Where am I?" He whimpered, shaking drool away as he huddled up close to a wall. His short fur wasn't doing him any favors here.

Buttercup was too startled to say anything when the stranger first appeared. It took her a moment to regain her composure, but, when she did, her voice was thick was mistrust.

"Who are you?" she barked as she turned to the stranger, all the hovering in the air.

"The last time I saw someone teleport, they tried to take over to world. You don't work for Him, do you? Oh, why am I bother asking. If you did, you wouldn't say anything." Buttercup glared at the stranger. She didn't exactly trust anyone in the room, including Eridan. But she had met Eridan first, therefore inclined to be on his side at the particular moment. Of course, should Eridan do something to upset Buttercup, her feelings on who side she was one would change.

Samus followed up on Yoshi and entered the buffet. As soon as she entered, her eyes went straight to a waitress.

"Get a pail of room water," she ordered. "This boy has been walking out in the streets barefooted." With a moment of hesitation, the wide-eyed waitress complied. Samus, ignoring the bewildered looks of the people around her, turned to her friend.

"No, I have no clue as to why I am here or how I got here," she replied.

Try as he might to understand, this explanation did not help Loki any. The god stared at her for a few seconds then frowned. "So... it's magic?" he deadpanned before shaking his head. "You have dragons on your world? That must be difficult."

Gabriel looked the little girl up and down before smirking once more, amused by her ferocity. "Hey, I only server one 'Him', and his name is God. My name is-" he considered giving the Loki line again, but ultimately went against it. The other one might be alerting others. "Gabriel. I'm an archangel. It's okay if you wanna, y'know, bow or kneel or faint."

Luiz scampered towards the nearest door, stub of a tail tucked firmly to his behind since it wasn't long enough to be between his legs. "Somebody let me in! I'm freezin' my fur off out here!" He whined, pawing rapidly at the nearest door. There were no lights on though.

Eridan was pointedly surprised by the newcomer's actions.

wwell, that didn't wwork.

He put the legendary rifle back in his strife deck.

he must somehoww be a Hero of Time, but wwouldn't that mean he wwould be davve? that makes no sense.

He pondered this for a moment, he couldn't shoot them, so what could he do? There answer was pretty ****ing clear actually. He couldn't do anything. He had no weapons that could harm a being with the power to freeze time. And as the Prince of Hope he was uniquely qualified to determine when all hope was lost.

"wwell, that didn't wwork." He said, repeating his earlier thought.

Edited by MasterWeavile898

Proud little....

"Oh, and don't mind me," Buttercup retorted; mimicking Gabriel's tone. "I'm just a five year old girl who can beats up giant monsters in her spare time." Buttercup crossed her arms defiantly. She really didn't like this person.

"Aren't archangels suppose to be saints or something?" she asked. "Wouldn't they smack someone if they tried to bow down to them or is that just a 'typical stereotype?"

Oh now this was interesting.

angel he says? i'vve seen angels. i'vve killed angels. he's not an angel. and if he is, then he should be bowwing to me.

Eridan decided to wait and see if the "angel" sprouted wings. Then he would shoot him again. He got ready to draw his rifle again, just in case.

Gabriel's smirk stretched into an amused grin. He liked this girl, she had spunk. People who groveled were annoying actually. "Stereotype. I'm just a unique little angel," he replied, crossing his arms and looking at the strange man. "You can stop lookig at me that way, both of you. Unless you deserve justice, you have no reason to fear me. Now, do either of you yahoos know where we are?"

"Justice?" Buttercup huffed. "I am justice, buddy. As for where we are, we're in Chicago." Buttercup snorted when the angel called her a "yahoo". She didn't exactly know what that was implying, but she knew it wasn't good.

The only "yahoo" here, is the teleporting jerk!

"You wound me, you really do. Chicago huh? Wonder how I got here.." He trailed off, scratching his head as he looked around. "Guess I could fly somewhere else, but I don't know where to go. Could go find the muttonheads," he muttered to himself. As he contemplated this, the large shadow of his wings appeared on the wall behind him. He didn't show them just yet, but he enjoyed showing off.

fear? wwhat is he talkign about?

Eridan was seriously on the verge of shooting this "angel" for not showing his Prince some proper respect.

i'll showw him. an he thinks i owwe him? that's a first. angels have never helped me yet. and i don't intend to be owwing one for helping noww. he wwould have helped more if he'd just died.

Eridan remembered the huge swaths of angels he had killed on LOWAA, they had been tough to kill, but he had done it. Surely this "arch" "angel" would only be a slight step up from them. Like a boss. Eridan cursed Karkat again for making a universe where the game went on after you finished.

Lanie opened her mouth to explain further, but her train of thought was derailed by a faint scratching. Her ears swivled behind her and she turned her head to the door. In an instant, the Dragonborn was on her feet and at the door. She opened it, but was surprsed to see a small dog. dogs never grew that tiny on Tamriel! "Oh my goodness, aren't you just pitiful out there in the cold? Loki! There's a dog outside!"

Buttercup's eyes narrowed as Gabriel. He had mumbled something inaudible and Buttercup assumed he was insulting her under his breath.

What did he just say? Did he call me something? He better not have. I don't care if he's a "servant of God" or whatever. I'll beat him into a bloody pulp!

"I didn't quite catch that, sir," Buttercup chided. This man was ridiculously snide. Buttercup didn't like that, not one bit. If he was planning to get on her good side, then he wasn't doing so well. Buttercup's mistrust of Gabriel grew with everyone word that came out of his mouth.

The shadow of wings on the wall isn't helping either...

Edited by Doctortear

Luiz lifted his head when the door opened, eyes growing wide at the sight that awaited him. It was a human- but it wasn't. Smelled like a cat. The urge to growl and bark and chase stole up on him, but she was huge, and he was freezing. Wagging his stumpy tail, he woofed, "I-its c-cold out here! Please let me in.."

Gabriel glanced at her and blinked, as though just remembering she was there. The guy with horns too. "I said, maybe I could fly somewhere. I don't actually know how I got here. And, as fun as you two are, I'm trying to hide from my brothers. Bit of a family rivalry going on, I don't want to get dragged into it," he explained with a shrug. They both looked hostile now- not that they could hurt him, unless they had holy oil (which couldn't really kill him) and an archangel blade. It made him shudder to remember getting stabbed.

Eridan was done.

" censorkip.gif this."

He drew Ahab's Crosshairs again and fired. The bolt lanced past the "angel" and blasted an opening in the ceiling.

"havve fun flying around trying to avvoid your censorkip.gif in 'family rivvalry', you can leavve us the censorkip.gif alone." He said, scowling at Gabriel.

There was no way in Skaia he was letting some censorkip.gif ing "angel" ruin his world. He wasn't even going to waste any shots on this one, it wasn't like it would drop any grist anyways.

Lanie beamed at Luiz and crouched down to get a better look at him. "Oh you're so cute! Come inside little one, it's alright." She squealed excitedly. His face wrinkles and stout little body was adoreable! She stood back up and opened the door up wider. "You are welcome inside." A small purr rumbled in the back of her throat after speaking. Everything was so sweet and innocent here! Lanie was growing to like this world.

Loki's gaze turned to the door as Ca'Lanie opened it and began welcoming inside a dog. He frowned and turned away, having just about enough of all of the animals she was welcoming in. He wasn't really a dog or bird person. Horses were much better. "We should figure out what brought us all here," he remarked as he looked around.

Stumpy tail wagging gratefully, the little dog trotted in. She was so nice. He didn't want to bite her anymore. Even if she was a cat. Luiz came in and sat on the edge of her furs, tongue lolling out as he looked back and forth between them, a sort of doggy-smile on his face. "M'name's Luiz. I dunno how I got here."

Gabriel glanced up as the ceiling was suddenly missing a piece. "Someone's touchy. You're lucky I'm a nice guy. I could smite you y'know. One touch and boom, dead. But I won't. See you later, muttonheads!" He said with a grin, wings unfurling from his back. They were mostly gray, with tawny and white patches further down in the feathers. They were huge, too. With a single flap he was gone.

Lanie shut the door once Luiz entered, and sat down beside Loki. "That's where to start, isn't it? It could have been an Elder Scroll, since their power is virtually limitless." She began, "But it couldn't have brought all of us here. A powerful mage could have opened a rift...possibly." It was honestly hard to tell what had brought all of them to this world. Lanie looked over at Luiz a few times and smiled. She liked the creatures here! "Are all the creatures here this small and harmless? I saw a spider the size of a Septum earlier today! A septum! They are usually the size of rams!"

Luiz could feel warmth radiating from the cat, and honestly he was still cold. So, not being very discreet at all, he wriggled closer to try and share some of that warmth. Her fur was thicker than his. "Where you come from must be crazy lady, spiders ain't never been that big 'round here. At least, I hope not," he added, looking around.

"Get out of here, you jerk!" Buttercup shouted as the angel flew off. "Don't come back either..." Buttercup stuck out her tongue at the departing angel and pulled down the bottom of her eye, showing the red underneath her eyeball. Satisfied with her gesture, Buttercup moved her arms across once more glanced up at the hole in the ceiling. The thought of how the hole wasn't going to help keep Eridan and her warm crossed her mind, but her haughtiness and anger with the mean angel still captured her mind.

"What a brute," Buttercup snorted as she turned away from the hole. "Popping in here, insulting us, threatening to kill us, calling us weak, and then flying off like the coward he is." Buttercup flew up he hole and glared at the gray sky around her.

"You hear that? You're a coward!" Buttercup shouted into the snow. "Nothing but a filthy coward!" Mumbling under her breath, Buttercup returned to Eridan's side.

"The next time I see him," Buttercup hissed. "I'll show him a thing or two!" To emphasize her point, Buttercup threw punches into the air, a soft swishing sound followed as he stubby arms swung through open air.

The small feminine creature was so cold. This place was so cold. She didn't like the cold. She was from a warm place. A place where it wasn't cold. She floated between buildings. Tall, grey, scary buildings. Everything looked the same everywhere. And it was cold. Her long green hair trailed behind her fragile body as the cold enveloped her further. The creature looked quite beautiful with the snow in her hair. But she was too cold to care. She needed rest, it was hard to fly in the cold. She found a ledge on one of the grey buildings to land on. Her dainty legs touched the cold snow resting on the edge. She recoiled from the cold at first, but she needed rest. She slowly, carefully touched the cold, snow-covered ledge again. Her leg sank into the soft snow on the grey ledge, it was cold. She finally convinced her muscles to move her the last of the short distance onto the cold, grey ledge. She turned around and slowly sat in the snow with her legs hanging of the cold, grey edge.

After sitting on the ledge for a while, Millie felt rested enough to fly again. She stood up and brushed herself off. She began flying through the cold, grey air once more. She flew along, watching the seemingly quite streets. Something was wrong with that. This place reminded her of Castelia, there should be lots of hustle and bustle. But yet, there were only a few passing cars every once in a while. And there were no humans or pokemon roaming. This unnerved her slightly. Surely she wasn't the only one out in the grey cold?

Millie was bored and lonely. She was starting get used to the cold at least. She landed again, this time on top of a bright yellow car that was covered on top with snow; specifically on the little white sign sticking out of the tip denoting it as a taxi. She held out her hands and caught some snowflakes; they melted almost immediately, but she didn't care, it was fun trying to catch them. After a while though, she realized it was too easy with her hands. She wondered for a moment what else she could try. Then she stuck out her tongue and began trying to catch snowflakes on that. It was lots of fun. Suddenly, she saw a car coming. Not wanting to be seen in this strange place, she turned invisible until it passed. Maybe she should have found a harder to reach spot to play. She turned visible again and flew upwards, looking for a better place. Or better yet, another pokemon to play with.

Loki looked away, once more confounded as to what she was talking about. "Well it was not me," he said, toying with the chains dangling from his hands. He looked back at the strange talking dog and the cat woman before he sighed loudly. "I think it would be best if we went our separate ways," he said, direction his statement at the woman.

A jolt of panic spiked through Lanie. "What? But you can't leave! We've only just met!" She insisted. Her ears flattened and tail fluffled up, but she appeared more frightened than angry. Loki's words had hit the thin woman like a punch to the face. Lanie's blue eyes went round with panic at the thought that yet another friend would be leaving her. Too many people had left...it was starting to pile up on the Dragonborn's consciousness.