shadow_claw

Reality and Fiction Collide

Jack stared down at the dog then jumped lightly to the ground and knelt down in front of it, his head tilted slightly to the side. "But why?" Jack asked, a frown on his face. "I've never met a dog that could talk before. How come you can?" He suddenly jumped up when a strange-sounding yell came from behind him and snow was sent flying in every direction. "Woah!" he yelled, grabbing his staff again and quickly moving over to the cat-woman. Also someone like whom he had never seen before. "Not cool, it was just a game!" he said quickly then stopped and sighed. "But you can't hear me. Great."

Edited by pudding

Luiz tilted his head to one side, then began to scratch at his ear seeing as it was within range of his foot now. "I dunno, I just can. I don't think about it much," he replied, looking up at him. Just then there was an extremely loud sound and snow flying everywhere, enough to terrify the small dog. With a yelp he was sprinting in the opposite direction, too afraid to stop and think about what had happened.

A head shot out of the pile of snow after a few seconds. If it wasn't for the black tunic and red eyes, it would've been hard to see Dark Link. He was just that pale. He pulled himself from the snow and huffed. What...how did you do that? the shadow asked. When he got no response, he melted into a shadow again and hid in Lanie's.

Lanie's eyes follwed Luiz's movement as he fled. "Luiz!" She called after him. She began to chase after him, but was startled by a passing car and bolted in the other direction. Cars were loud and fast and Lanie was fearful of them after being hit by one. The Dragonborn slumped down in the alley Jack and Dark Link had previously been occupying in a dejected manner. "I'm so useless. Everyone I meet just leaves me and it's always my fault...What is wrong with me?"

Jack stumbled slightly when Lanie-in her effort to try and stop Luiz-passed right through him. He held his chest and breathed heavily for a few moments, nearly dropping his staff. That feeling... he'd never get used to that feeling. But after a few moments, he managed to calm himself down slightly. He looked back at the woman as she sat down, even more dejected than he. The frost spirit paused then made a snowball and dropped it in her lap. Maybe that'd cheer her up.

Blue eyes darted to the snowball that fell into her lap. She looked around yet again to see and hear nothing. Her furry hands wrapped around the icy shpere of snow. "I wish I could see you. You were at least kind enough to stay." Lanie sighed. There was a hesitation until she took her hood off. It wasn't like it mattered anymore. Not to her, at least. "But like everyone else, I'll just be a waste of time to you. You might as well leave now. It hurts less if I don't get to know you."

Luiz finally stopped running when he ran out of breath, at which point he crammed himself into a corner, whimpering softly. He was generally around a pretty rambunctious crowd, but the shout had well and truly frightened him. He was shaking with fear and the cold now, waiting for whatever that had been to come and finish him off. He could only be so brave.

(Shadow, aren't you going to reply to Nami?)

Felix blinked as Samus dechiphered Yoshi. "Of course," he replied, looking at the green dinosaur before looking back at Samus as she explained the instructions. "Why are you two helping me? You didn't have to waste your time on me." He was highly confused. Back on Neverland, they did take care of each other, but it was very rare and almost unheard of. If someone double crossed Pan, they were on their own.

"'S short for Captain America. We have a buncha nicknames for him, but we all usually call him Cap." Clint answered. He jerked his thumb towards the checkout "Go get in line. I'll be right behind ya." It wasn't as if this woman could've payed for her own clothes. If she was able to, she would've done so a while ago.

"Why not?" Samus replied with a shrug. "I have no clue as to how I got here, and I currently have no idea as to what I'm suppose to do. I saw you walking in the fold with your barefoot and it seemed as though you also had no idea where you were. I saw you struggling and followed my natural instinct to help you." Samus stooped and looked up at the boy.

"Don't take this as me taking pity on you," She said, all the warmth drained from her voice. "I don't plan on helping you any further unless you can assist me in someway. I don't want to see you die, but I could care less as to what you do now." Samus lifted herself up and looked at her friend. They would probably have to go soon. After all, they had to figure out what was going on.

Eventually Luiz crept out of his hiding spot, still shivering. It was from cold again though- he couldn't feel his toes! " 'ey, cat lady.." He called, taking a few hesitant steps in the direction he had come from. "Lanie?" He whimpered. Now he was alone and cold.

Okay, maybe this person wasn't so nice anymore, Felix decided. Yoshi went over and got some soup in a bowl and went back over to Felix. "Thank you," Felix said, takign the bowl. "Yoshi!" Yoshi exclaimed. He liked the boy. "Wah?" Yoshi asked, looking uup at Samus. Could the boy come with them?

"Captian America?" Nami asked, getting in the line. "What kind of captian would be called that? And what is America?"

Of course Yoshi would want to boy to come with him. He was one of the kinder people. Samus looked at the stranger. She would let him along no matter what, but that didn't mean she would like it. Unlike some of the others in the tournament, her thoughts were more logical. Sure, she had morals just like everyone else, and she most certainly wouldn't leave someone to die, but that didn't mean she couldn't be upset when someone didn't contribute to the group.

"It seems my friend here wants you to come along," Samus finally said, facing the boy.

"I don't see why we shouldn't let you, but I think you should answer at least one question before you join our little group. What's your name? I haven't had the pleasure of catching it just yet."

"I'm Felix," Felix responded. "As I said, I coem from Neverland as one of the Lost Boys." "Ar!" Yoshi said, stealing a random pair of socks and shoes nearby. He certainly wasn't about to let Felix go out in the cold barefooted again. "Yoshi!" Yoshi said, trying to tell Felix his name as he handed him the sock and shoes. The Lost Boy stared at them. "And what are these supposed to do?"

This boy hasn't been in society much, has he?

"You put them on your feet you keep yourself warm," Samus replied. "I'm guessing you've never had socks and shoes before? If that's so, then I may help you with putting them on. That is, unless you think you can figure it out yourself." Although she had stated that she was not obliged to help Felix, Samus was now in the position to help him. She did not regret her words and she did not contradict herself. If Felix was planning to go outside again, then he would need something to cover his feet. If he did not know how to put them on, then he would be in the same position as before.

Therefore, I have to help him. As long as he doesn't start asking for ridiculous things, then I think we'll be just fine.

Felix picked up the socks first, trying to remember how Henry had them on. He put on the first sock on his right foot and chuckled a little bit. It was a warm and fuzzy feeling on his foot. He picked up the shoe and slowly and carefully put it on. It was an odd feeling, but he quickly did the same with the other sock and shoe. "These feel weird," Felix said, standing up and testing them out by walking. "Wah!" Yoshi exclaimed in satisfaction.

Samus gave a satisfied nod. Her helmet materialized once more and her went towards the confused waiter who had brought the bucket of water.

"You wouldn't happen to know where we were, would you?" she asked.

"We're in... Chicago..." the waiter replied with a puzzled look on his face.

"Thank you," Samus replied as she dipped her head and waltz to the door. "I think it's time to make our leave," she called to her two companions. She had no idea where they were going, but she at least knew where they were.

Chicago? If we're in Chicago, then why is the level on technology so low? It's like we're in the 19th century. I don't understand what's going on...

Yoshi and Felix quickly followed Samus as she waltzed to the door. Felix, still trying to get used to the shoes, found himself thinking he was a bit taller. "Ar?" Yoshi asked. Where was Chicago?

Jack stared down at the furry woman, not really sure what to make of her. She looked like a spirit but she couldn't see him. He frowned then tapped the ground by her foot, causing frost to form by her foot. Yeah right, he wasn't leaving. Not when she was obviously not having fun. He could make her smile, surely...

"Earth," Samus replied as she exited the building. "Although, it doesn't make sense as to why the technology is so far behind. This can't possibly be the original Earth, or the Earth I know of. Everything is too... past time." Samus shook her head and stared out into the snow.

"Any idea on what we should do first?" she asked.

"Should we try to find others like us?" Felix asked. "I mean, Rumplestiltskin is probably going to swindle people under their noses."

"Rumplestiltskin?" Samus echoed. Confusion etched on her visage, but alas her helm kept the others from seeing her face.

Isn't he a fairy tale character?

"Wasn't he the one who had Yoshi by a collar?" Samus asked. "If that's so, then I may be able to assist you." Samus raised her blaster and charged it to emphasize her point.

"Besides him, I do agree it is best to find others like us," she said. "We might be able to find out how we got here if we can find others...that is, if there are others."

"Yes," Felix said. "He is not to be trusted, he's a very dangerous being. The only way to kill him is through a special dagger."

"Oh, so he's one of those people," Samus snorted. All of these people only being able to be killed by a special rare object was getting annoyed. It seemed as though people didn't want to die, which was ludicrous. Who would want to live forever? You would spend your entire existence watching everyone around you die. Everyone you knew, liked, hated, and loved would die and there was nothing you could do about it. Wouldn't those who could only be killed by certain things tire of life sooner or later? Samus knew she would. However, either way, none of that mattered in the current circumstances.

"Whoever said we had to kill him?" Samus asked, grabbing her blaster in one hand. If this person was dangerous, then she could beat him down. Pain made people weak and stupid.

That is, unless he can only be hurt some special powder or something. I wouldn't be surprised if that was the case.

Loki sat in silence in the church, having not moved after Lanie left. If he stayed in one place, Asgard would have an easier time finding him. He wasn't interested in hiding anymore, he just wanted this game of chase to end. He stared down at the broken chains and the shackles still on his wrists then lowered his head and closed his eyes. Now to wait.

"Weeeeell, someone looks down in the dumps," a voice sang. Low and behold, Gabriel sat on a ceiling beam in the church above Loki, grinning at him. "Woah hey, don't get mad at me either, Mister Real Loki. I'll even lend you a sympathetic ear, how about that? Why so woeful?" He asked curiously.