Millennium07

Kage no Kagami ~The Shadows in the Mirror~

Runa shrugged. "They just don't like the way I look, I guess. After a few years of being called demon spawn and Lucifer's daughter, you kind of get used it. It's just really annoying when they try to 'purify' me, usually by shoving a cross in my face."

"Ok, now that, that's all cleared up, how about we go to the human world and get some cookies?" Acedia asked hopefully, she wasn't giving up on dragging the girls shopping yet. Or cookies. She loved cookies, with a cup if warm milk and a really cuddly person, she purred at the thought.

Lucine looked up at David and closed her eyes. "It feels strange when somebody tells you that you're the reason they haven't killed themself yet. I'm here for you, I'll try my best to keep you smiling." She enjoyed the soft stroking of her hair. "Well, now I'm afraid to go to sleep." She sighed. "How long was I asleep for anyway?"

David noted no negative reaction, so continued to stroke her hair, as he thought if a way to help. "Find a thought that gives you strength. Think about it before you go to sleep every night. If you strengthen your mind, I doubt she'll beak through so easily." He said reassuringly. If you manage to smile, then I will as well. It's kind of infectious." He then craned his neck to see the clock. "Two hours, by the look. We missed the therapist" He sighed wearily. "Want me to give him a call?"

"I'll remember that. Thanks." Lucine sat upright, feeling a little better. She looked at the clock before reaching for her bag. "Don't worry, I'll call him." She said as she pulled out her phone. "He's on speed dail anyway, incase somethings wrong." She smiled at David. She dailed the number, pressing her phone to her ear.

"Oh god, tell me your alright." He sounded semi-panicked. "I've never had two patients in a row not show up before."

The truth was, smurf-haired therapist, Hisao Daimon was worried his patients had been killed during the Inverse Plain shift earlier, but he didn't say as much then, he'd wait until he saw her next.

"So, why did you cancel, Lucine? I thought you promised to try and stick it out."

David decided now was a pretty good time to go and grab his eyepatch, seeing as he'd neglected to up until now. However as he picked it up, he could have sworn he saw his reflection move...

---------------------------------------------

Dragon wasn't sure how much he liked this host. He certainly coulden't hold a candle to his last one, but then, few could to a now-legendary King of Babylon. He sighed. He was so bored. He recalled something his host had heard though...Kitsune. It seems as though the Kitsune Phantasm's plan is progressing quickly. He might have to keep an eye on that one.

----------------------------------------------------

Avaritia sighed. Just when he thought everyone was on the same page. Wraith Knights leaving the Inverse Plain would put strain on the seal. "As long as it's not to many to leave...or for very long." Avaritia compromised wearily.

"I didn't mean to cancel. I'm at my friends house, fell asleep on the couch. By the way, you know him. I'm at David's house. No need to worry. I just called to tell you we're fine." Lucine explain, twisting a strand of her hair.

"..." There was a pause. "Oh-ho!!!" Hisao yelled, seemingly in triumph. "So that's why he never showed up!" He gave a theatrical gasp. "You've been keeping him busy, haven't you, Juliet!" Though she coulden't see it, he was nodding in mock-understanding. "I see, I see. Your eyes met across a crowded lobby, and before you knew it, you were at his place, Oh! It's so romantic! ...In a cheesy romcom sort of way."

It seemed likely that they'd probably met in the Inverse Plain, which means their Phantasms were awake. He brought a hand to his heart. He hoped they could handle it.

David fixed his eyepatch, and smoothed his hair over it as he walked back through to the living room. He felt guilty for the worry he caused Hisao, but not really sorry. He hated the sterile waiting room. And besides, he had better company. Who looked pretty cute twisting her hair, he had to say.

((I present: Hisao Daimon))

Edited by Millennium07

Lucine sighed, shaking her head. "Um, no. I had to take him to the hospital. My fault." She responded. "A-and it's nothing like that Hisao! I was only being nice! Don't get any ideas. Do you want to talk to him?" She asked, wanting to get a break from Hisao and his ideas. She pointed at David and curled her index finger a few times, telling him to come over.

"'Purify' you?" Kazuto almost laughed. What pathetic people. Did this bother that girl at all? 'Purify'. With crosses, but no holy water? She didn't look 'demonic', not at all. It was probably some kind of rivalry formed based on a difference of preference of clothing styles. Or something along those lines, anyway; Kazuto's classmates were all very rich, and most stayed out of his way. They called him some kind of 'dealer', but that was all. He smiled at her comment, even laughed a little. "'Purify'?!" he grinned. "What total morons."

David was broken out of his reprieve by the distinct feeling of being pointed at. Slowly, he advanced towards the beckoning girl and took the phone. He swallowed hard. He felt like soldier stood before the firing squad. "He-hello?"

"YOU LITTLE CHARMER, YOU!"

The resulting voice was loud enough to be heard by Lucine, even though she was no longer holding the phone.

"I ALWAYS KNEW YOU HAD IT IN Y-"

"Volume, smurf-head, volume." David cut him off, massaging his temple with his free hand.

"Sorry, haha! But it is good you've made a connection, whether it's a friend or some~thing~more." Hisao beamed, wiggling his eyebrows. Not that David could tell that. "Now, what is this I hear about you going to the hospital? Your eye?" His voice suddenly became serious.

"No, not this time. I uh. Injured my side when I was knows over." David explained.

"Hmm. I see." Hisao said. His voice making it hard to tell whether he believed the story or not. "Can I see you? Both of you? I'll understand if not, but I'd like to if at all possible."

"What, now?" David couldn't believe his therapist's bizarre request.

"Please." Hisao confirmed.

David turned to Lucine with an odd look on her face. "He want's to see us, now. Should we go?"

Lucine blushed when she heard Hisao yell over the phone. She sat there, looking around as they talked, wondering what the coversation was about.

"Hm?" She looked up when David looked at her. She chewed her lower lip as she thought. "Yeah, we should... He wouldn't want to see us if it weren't important." She replied after awhile, slowly getting up. She ran her fingers through her hair, trying to set it back in place.

David nodded. "You're probably right." He put the phone back to his ear. "We're on our way."

"Splendid. I'll see you soon" He said, returning to his jovial tone.

--------------------------------------------------

It didn't take long for the pair of them to reach the therapists, and once they did, they noticed something unnerving. "No one's here." David said, walking in. "Not even the receptionist."

"W-what do you think could've happened?" Lucine asked, looking around. "Do you think Hisao is going to jump out from behind a door or what? Maybe he's trying to trick us into hugging like a couple, he's pretty convinced that we're dating."

"Perhaps. That is his style." David said, recalling a similar event last Halloween. "I'm sure he's teasing. Or perhaps he thinks if we did, it'd be better for us. That sounds like some new-age crap he'd say." David thought aloud as they entered his office.

There he was, sitting on his chair, back to them, at his computer. There was a bundle tied to a sword leaning on the window.

"Take a seat" Hisao Daimon said calmly.

Runa grinned. "Yeah, it's really weird, the things they do. There were these two kids who were convinced I was a vampire or something. It was weird, to say least." And it also hurt, she didn't add. Not being able to have any friends..."Oh yeah," she said. "I think I'm good to go. They usually just patch me up and I take a three-hour nap, and then they let me leave. Just let me change, and we can go." She took her clothes and motioned for him to give her some privacy.

"You're not leaving with me," Kazuto said pointedly, having shaken off his brief laughing fit (it was because people could be so stupid; how did this girl seem vampiric at all? Wasn't that cool rather than bad anyway?!). "I don't really want to get in trouble for leaving the hospital, of all places, with some street urchin like you."

Kazuto. Kazuto, no. She has a hurt leg! She's shrugging it off because she doesn't want to be a burden! Drive her home! Do it do it do it doitdoitdoitdoitdoitdoitdoitdoitdoit! Manticore screamed in his ear. He sighed. If he left Runa now, he'd never hear the end of it, would he? He was not her friend, he was barely an ally. However, he relented in this matter, stroking his jacket with an awkward hand.

"Uh... Scratch that. I will get my driver to take you home, seeing as you are not yet fully recovered," he sighed deeply. "I will accomany you, if necessary, to apologize to your family for your injuries."

[Chastity is easy enough to get there.... I doubt her explanation of injuries would be accepted.....]

As predicted, the hospital didn't like her injuries and the somewhat lacklustre attempt at explaining them.

After all - she couldn't exactly say how she got them, her memory was still hazy on that. But she was certain that the truth - that she received them on some Inverse Plain after crossing worlds by some unknown means would get her certified as insane. Chastity had a very strong feeling that the containment system in place wouldn't be helpful or conductive to her welfare...

The doctor eventually gave up - or perhaps he thought he'd already got what he could out of her - and dismissed her with strict orders to go straight to her therapist.

Runa didn't know whether to burst into tears or laughter. Street urchin? Her? She knew a hundred ways to kill that pompous boy with her bare hands! Well, maybe not that much, but still! "Parents?" She ended up saying. "I don't know who they are. They ditched me in an orphanage in the middle of nowhere. I managed to escape when I was in freshman year. Of high school," she added. "Now get out, rich boy. I have to change." She shoved him out the door and went to a corner of the room to change.

(Ohh! Drama~ Goo! Ruuna~!)

"Come on then, lets go~" Acedia smiled happily grabbing Superbia and Invidia, they weren't going to escape. (Sorry for short post, didn't know what else to write, wanted to get the WKs moving.)

Inividia blinked as Acedia wanted to go shopping. Why did she have to go? Oh, wait that's right, because Acedia was her friend .She smiled a fake smile, hoping to fool her friend. She didn't mind shopping, but then she realized she could have a bit of fun in the store. "Fine," Invidia said, shrugging. "I'll come."

That was easy. To easy. Suspiciously easy. Acedia didn't give it a second thought however, "Yay! The boys should come to..." Acedia paused for a minute, "You know... So they can carry our bags, and we can all eat the yummy food.." and most importantly I can pop wigs and dresses on you guys to! They don't need to know that though~ Acedia thought with a rather mischievous smile.