Millennium07

Kage no Kagami ~The Shadows in the Mirror~

"Does Gula have to come?" Invidia asked, stiffening. She wasn't about to have that childish boy coming with her.

Avaritia's eyes gleamed out of the darkness. "Remember, the more that go, the shorter you can spend there. The seal is already damaged." He said, bluntly.

Superbia nodded. "The three of us should be fine for three hours, correct? So if we add Gula and Ira, that should still leave us about an hour. That should be enough time." She suggested.

Avaritia clearly didn't like that. He didn't like that at all. But all he did was hold up his hand in a 'whatever' gesture as he ascended to go vent to Luxuria.

Only there was a difference this time. The Banshee Phantasm was awake.

Edited by Millennium07

"Please, anyone but Gula," Invidia groaned as Avaritia mentioned Gula.

"Aww... Why? Come'mon Invidia, I thought we all forgave each other." Acedia told her, Acedia had already buried the hatchet like it happened years ago.

(I bet Lux would love to go shopping xd.png Just a guess though...)

Edited by mipuppy1

((If her personality is anything like last time, then hell yes xd.png))

Superbia nodded. "It may help our teamworking skills."

"Fine," Inividia snapped. "If he starts acting childish again, I'm leaving."

(Shopping YEY - and ooo an awake but sealed Phantasm, that would be interesting and possibly worrying since crystal is damaged.)

Banshee stared outwards - the red crystal casing tainting and obscuring her vision. That and her host still seemed asleep, so she could only go off her general memories to 'sense' the area.

Something seemed .... off... about this, she shouldn't be awake - at least from what her sluggish mind remembered of events.

An approaching power - familiar yet different, drew her attention.

Edited by Takhesis

"Banshee." A distorted voice though. It was obscured. It was muddied. It was broken and hoarse. It was a voice that had drowned in despair, and despite the lower octave and the slight haze, it was unmistakably that of Leo Kaiser. "You...You're awake." He was obviously troubled. "How...how is Jolene?" He asked, sounding the most human he had since the Battle of White Sunset.

"Yay~" Acedia squealed, happily, putting on that contagious smile that made *most* people smile as well. "Come on then! Lets go, I haven't had a cookie since forever!"

Ira widened his eyes and scrambled away from Acedia as fast as he could. "Oh no no no no no, you are not getting me to go shopping with you! I'll never be able to live this down! What if the humans saw? I'll...I'll stay here and keep Avarita company!"

[Yep worrying that one half of the sealed duo is awake, can't be good sign.]

Banshee replied, in an equally distorted voice. The crystal and the length of disuse - How long has it been anyway? - didn't help. Though there wasn't the same quality of despair that coloured Leo's voice. The difference being she was sealed in a still-living host compared to the one that died creating the prison.

"She still sleeps, unaware of the passage of time." Banshee then made an assumption, "Has it begun again during my hibernation?" It was also a thinly disguised attempt to find out just how much time had passed.

"Pleassseee?" Acedia asked desperately as if her life depended on it, she threw herself on Ira's arm and making huge puppy eyes that no one ever say no to said with a smirk, "Plus, are you afraid of carrying a few shopping bags?"

Edited by mipuppy1

"Yes. I am known by the name of bane, Avaritia now." He said solemnly. "The others are all dead. Their Phantasms having been given flesh, just as we predicted." Avaritia confirmed. "I am ignorant to how much time has passed, but humans bearing Phantasms have once more been brought into this hell. It seems even in sleep, he still opposes us."

Banshee considered the words, knowing the potential consequences of the disruption.

"That would explain why I'm awake.... the seal has started to weaken. Even though it was powered by sacrifice." She paused, "Of more than one kind - the others... they don't remember my host or even their former selves, do they?"

She had to know - just in case the seal broke completely and released them both. Host and prisoner.

Jolene may be the only one left that remembered them all - and what they'd gone through to achieve their hard won victory. That knowledge would be the key - assuming the new set hadn't been lost by then.

Avaritia nodded. "Myself, you, Jolene and Phoenix are the only ones with intact memories. I use the name of bane 'Luxuria' to refer to you, when speaking with them. Some remember more then others, but Lain spell made the five Phantasms what they needed to be - Knights." He sighed. It was wonderful talking to someone with a complete memory of their past. "I have informed the Valkyrie Phantasm, now using the name of bane 'Superbia' of our past as well. She is my trusted lieutenant." His six eyes gleamed. "I'm not sure if you can see me, but if you can, my appearance has changed quite a bit. It IS good to hear your...rather, her...voice though. Truly it is."

Banshee nearly laughed, but didn't since the situation was serious. The damaged seal heralded a lot of trouble to come if it wasn't repaired.

"The crystal distorts vision, so even if you looked the same as before you'd still appear different." There was still a trace of humour in her speech, trying to lighten the mood, though her usual method if that wouldn't really work. Flirting from inside a crystal was, to say the least, awkward.

"Perhaps these new human- Phantasm pairs can be made to understand the threat we faced and sealed? As well as the cost we paid..." Banshee was what could be called a reluctant fighter, Jolene hadn't liked violence but didn't shy from it when it was the last resort.

"Perhaps then they'd choose what we did, or at least not struggle against what needs to be done."

[Yeah right! I bet the WK'S and humans will just brawl on sight now....]

Avaritia thought over what she'd said for a moment "Perhaps. But I'd rather they not share our fate. But, as always, I value your opinion. I will keep it in mind." He said, deep in thought. "I almost wonder if, with them, we could have achieved a more desirable outcome." He mused wistfully.

Lucine looked at Hisao. "Why so empty?" She asked, walking over to one of the chairs. She looked back at David before sitting down. "Why did you want to see us Hisao? Okay, wait. You're a therapist, you see people for a living. Why did you want to see us together?" In a few seconds Lucine realised she had just trapped herself with the question. "Sneaky censorkip.gif***." She whispered.

Gula scowled at Invidia, crossing his arms. Acedia was much more childish than he was! He sighed, backing away to join Ira.

"You don't have to wait on me," Gula growled. "I don't want to go shopping. What are you, humans?" He pointed an accusatory finger at Acedia (because he really didn't have too much to complain about to Invidia, other than, y'know, 'She's really mean to me!', and that would be childish). "You keep forgetting what we're here to do, don't you? We need to be alert at all times, right? The humans could appear at any moment!" After a long pause following his rant, he stroked the criss-crossing wool on his scarf. "Besides, I'm fashionable as it is."

----

Kazuto opened his mouth (he wasn't sure whether it was to apologize to her, or to laugh at her), but he really didn't have too much time to respond as he was thrown out of the room. He sighed, feeling out of his depth. He should've just left her. Then he could've gone home and moped all day like usual. Where did that girl live, anyway? He clearly couldn't report her to the authorities as a run-away, seeing as she could easily report him for his fire-arms. If she didn't live anywhere, that meant she lived on the street, or somewhere abandoned, right? Street urchin.

Hey, Kazuto. Maybe you should just give it up? You're tired, aren't you? This isn't your game at all, is it? Manticore's tone made the strong boy shiver again. He really hated that thing in his head. It'll be alright... I'll take over, and I'll do a real nice job. Promise. Now all you need to do is let go. Kaoru would've hated what you've become, right? And your mother... well, we already know how she'd feel, right?

Kazuto gazed at the ground, rage building. Why was he saying this? It had no real point, did it?

Hisao turned around with a grin on his face. "Oh-ho. 'Together' eh?" His grin widened. "Yes, you two make an amazing couple. If I had any on me, I'd give you romantic dances tickets. Or perhaps tickets to a violin concerto." He wiggled his eyebrows at David comically. "I would also actually like to have a joint-session with you at some point soon. In my experience paor sessions work wonders." His face fell, all the hoy draining away. "I think it's really good you've found each other. Even if you are just friends right now. You have someone to drive you to become stronger. And once this is over, I get to be David's best man by default as the only man he knows. By that's not why you're here." He turned to David. "Remember the very first question I asked you? 'how good is your eyesight'. You've been seeing things, haven't you?" He then turned to Lucine. "I asked you if you had a bad feeling about me. You've been getting bad feelings a lot more, recently, haven't you." He sighed, deciding to sum up. "You've, unfortunately, been pulled into the Inverse Plain, haven't you?"

David was stunned. How? Why? His hand searched for Lucine's until it found and clasped it tightly. "How do you know about that?" He said, defiance beginning to spark in his voice.

Hisao sighed. He'd been expecting this. "Dragon and Kitsune. I told you when we met, I knew everything about you."

--------------------------------------------

Invidia huffed. "Good, we'd have more fun without you!" She called, attempting to lead Acedia and Superbia away.

Edited by Millennium07

Lucine rolled her eyes. "Yes, Hisao. We both know you like seeing people fall in love. Just didn't know you were a marriage counselor." She huffed. "And joint sessions? If it's okay with David." She agreed. She was moving her one leg up and down, a bad habit of hers when she was bored. Instantly all her movement stopped when Hisao mentioned the feelings she got and David's visions.

As soon as she heard her Phantasm's name she pulled her hand out of David's and covered her ears. "No! NO NO NO NO NO! No saying that name!" She yelled. She could hear the laughing in the back of her mind.

David threw his arms around Lucine, as if to protect her from Hisao's words. "What the hell, man?" He yelled, anger boiling over. He could feel Dragon fuelling it, but payed it no mind as he cradled Lucine and glared at the blue-haired therapist.

"My my, it's quite alright. I myself am host the Fae Phantasm" He nodded in confirmation. "I take it, ah...I take it that they're being sadists from day one?"

He received another glare from David. "Not pleasant, no" he spat.

"Fine then!" Acedia muttered to Gula, he had just dug up the hatchet, her eyes were quickly filling up with tears, he was such a jerk! Acedia turned around on her heels, careful to whip Gula with her hair and she marched off, she didn't even stick her tongue out at him, which usually meant she would forgive him in about the next hour or so. Acedia marched over to the two female knights, she wouldn't cry, she wouldn't cry, she wouldn't cry! To late. Acedia begun to pick up her pace and she hugged the two female knights, sniffling back a sob, "C-come on.. Let's go..." She hiccuped, "Gosh I hate Gula, why does he alway pick on me? Meanie." Acedia muttered quietly.

"How would you like being killed by a replica of yourself?" Lucine asked, slowly removing hands from her ears. She sighed, looking around the room, trying to distract herself. The laughing was getting annoying.

"Shut up!" She yelled, rubbing her temples, tgrying to get rid of it but the outburst just seemed to make it worse.

"I feel like I'm losing it, she won't stop laughing." She mumbled.

Hisao scratched his chin. "I didn't. I nearly failed middle school because of it. In the end, I just threatened to kill myself if he didn't shut up. Since that would kill him too, it was in his best interest to compromise. And so I studied psychology, and zen philosophy to try and supress him. It didn't work, but after living with a guy for, oh...just over a decade now, you tend to learn to get along." He seemed to think of something, pulling some pills out of his desk, and handing them to Lucine. "I'm...hesitant about giving these to you, but they will put her to sleep for about 13 hours. You'll lose your powers while she is asleep though." He explained, clearly not too pleased about resorting to this.

David looked Lucine in the eyes, contrating hard. His eyes began to hurt something rotten. Given Superbia's reaction, Phantasms don't tend to like this glow. He screwed up his eyes, mustering all his strength, before opening them slowly, glowing just as gold as Unfenscheit's. Despite the pain, he felt calm, cocky even. Was he channelling Unfenscheit. He intended the look to be 'shut up censorkip.gif*' look. Even if only one eye was visible.

"David!" Hisao barked, causing David's grip the loosen a bit as he went slightly limp, closing his eyes wearily as they returned to their normal colours. "Don't over-exert yourself! I brought you here to arm you in the Inverse Plain, not misuse your powers!!"

---------------------------------------------------

Superbia and Invidia exchanged glances and hugged Acedia as they teleported back into the Corporeal Plain. "Are you alright?" Supebia asked tenderly. "Gula does care about you, I know for a fact he does, he told Avaritia and I. He's just...a really crass individual."

Invidia snorted "Yeah, right"