Millennium07

Kage no Kagami ~The Shadows in the Mirror~

"Tch, you," Kazuto spat, preparing to lunge against the forcefield that had been created by the Knight. As he shifted his weight, however, he realised what he was holding. He looked down at it. Dead weight. He considered tossing it (her, actually, but whatever) to the side, and he didn't really have any reason not to. Even though his mother wouldn't have wanted him too, his mother was dead. Either way, he doubted anything of consequence would happen should he throw the girl away... but she was his witness. That is, unless her mind wasn't completely destroyed. He supposed he needed a hospital.

That's my boy!! Take your lovely maiden~~ Ooh, ooh, can I be you? Let me be you!

"Over my dead body," Kazuto spat, switching Runa in his arms. He lifted his phone to his ear, tapping one of the buttons for speed-dial. A Fancy responded overly cheerily. "Yeah. Alright, alright, I don't care, how I am is of no consequence. Send a car, I need to get to a hospital right away." He paused. "No! Not for me! For heaven's sake," indeed, Kazuto had sustained minor injuries from the Inverse Plain, but he'd definitely had worse. "Keep it in mind, devil woman!" Kazuto lifted Runa into his arms properly, as if she were his bride, once again with no care for her injury (or how the blood was messing his own clothes up). "Once I've delivered this girl safely... I'm going to kill you!"

Edited by Celestial07

Lucine blushed when they held hands again, but she did like it. David reminded her that not everything in life was so bad. Slowly she walked closer to him.

"So, should we head to the office yet or go do something else?" She asked, wondering about it, not sure when David's appointment is.

(Freezing! Sun! Come back! A month ago when you were cooking me and I said I wish it were colder I was just joking you know!)

Acedia grabbed both of the knights hands' and they teleported back to the Inverse Plain. Acedia immediately spotted Gula and Avaritia, she ran over to them, each step shifting her back into her knight form, she jumped on the two, pulling them into a group hug, "I'm so sorry!" She whimpered, "Gula, I didn't mean to put you to sleep and I am weak, your right!" Acedia excused the fact that if she tried hard enough, she could probably make him WANT to kill himself... Or just do the chicken dance... That'd be funny. "Avaritia, I'm really really sorry for goofing around." For trying to help the little humans go peacefully.

(Was that power-playing? Am I abusing whatever power I have?)

Edited by mipuppy1

David smiled as she came closer. The world seemed a little brighter now, somehow. "We have about an hour, in case you want to go do something to take our minds off of having to go to therapy at all. Since you bought me a drink, is there anything you'd like to do, or...are you hungry?"

-----------------------------------------------

Dragon began laughing. This was all so...funny. His host was so boring, seeing this girl change him slightly was intensely amusing. Finally, some in-house entertainment!

---------------------------------------------------

Superbia narrowed her eyes. "Likewise" she spat.

Once they returned she immediately embraced Avaritia during the group hug.

"As I said to Gula..." Avaritia began. "You just need to focus. You can toy with them all you wish if we know their limits. Since we do not, it could be dangerous. If you want one to play with, find out more about them. That way you can break their mind so badly they can't fight back."

((I actually prefer this time of year ^^"

I hope it warms up there soon! It's pretty chilly here in England too, though, actually...))

Edited by Millennium07

"I am a little hungry, now that you metion it. We can go grab a quick bite to eat. I don't care really." Lucine smiled, squeezing his hand. "How's your pain? I don't want you to walk too far and strain yourself." She asked, looking at him worriedly. "I don't want you to get hurt. Oh, I neveer took your number back there."

((Poor Jolene/Lux - stuck in a crystal missing out on group hugs - I think the crystal needs a hug since its damaged.))

Contact details exchanged with the others, Chastity headed home - she remembered her door had been left wide open. Though that should have been least of her concerns - considering the wounds.

She figured she could try and bind them, and work out what she could say did it without sounding mad before getting proper treatment.

That time didn't help solve the problem. And hospitals were always asking questions - almost as many as the therapist did.

[Now she either meets Runa + Kazuto at the hospital or David + Lucine in the therapists afterwards.... hmmmm]

((Or, All five meet up and discuss))

David nodded "Sure. I'll get you whatever you want" He said shyly, enjoying the feeling of her hand. He rubbed her index finger with his thumb reassuringly. "I'm fine. It's more a dull ache now. I'm pretty used to random pain. It is pretty much my own fault" He smiled self-depreciatingly. "But thank you to worry about me. It...it feels nice to know someone would be upset if I were to disappear." He said slowly, before fixing his gaze on hers. "That goes for you too though. Don't go disappearing on me, kay? We'll be here for each other. You don't need protecting, and nor do I. We're both young adults who can do without needless pity. But..." He squeezed her hand. "It sure is easier to be a young adult who doesn't need pity if you have another one to keep you company..." He turned his head away, blushing profusely. "Sorry, I suck at this." He then took note of details scenario. "Oh! You're right!" He said, pulling out his phone and cycling to a note with his number on it. "Here"

((Avaritia dislikes the others being near it. He's worried they might break it.))

Gula narrowed his eyes. Acedia... Gula thought, but he didn't really have any reason to withhold friendship, so he threw himself joyously at her, too. "No, no, I'm sorry I called you weak, little Acedi," He was fairly fond of random displays of affection, and so, he was happy to be swept up in the moment.

((Awwww, there goes that idea for a cute scene.... and even asleep Luxuria would like a hug every now and then I'm sure. Even if she can't respond to it. Though the five meeting up can work.))

Chastity knew she was going to have some hard questions to answer - especially as she couldn't use the 'old wounds reopening' line. All the wounds that had been able to reopen were no longer capable of that - healed up sufficiently not to do so.

She knew one thing - she'd be recommended to be kept under observation if her therapist also shared the opinion that she was a risk to herself.

Kazuto stared at the girl who was strapped in beside him. He didn't really care for people's looks, but she was okay as far as they went. She better remember to testify for his sake. He stared at her some more. It wasn't really the blonde's thing to rescue lost girls, no matter how badly their legs were cut up, but... well, he had to have something to occupy his time, didn't he? There was still a big void in his life.

Where had he gone, that was the big question. It was exactly in his style to leave with someone, just because they'd rescued him from a collapsing fit. Despite his frosty attitude, he really did like company. After all, he'd gotten Kazuto's attention through sheer ignorance, hadn't he? He was an amazing jewel that Kazuto had let slip past. He wondered where he was right now. Just an idiot blonde delinquent. Just his best friend.

"Kaoru..." Kazuto dropped his head into his hands. He felt like sobbing, but tears didn't come. He was just a cold person.

"M-Master?" Kazuto's head snapped up. The driver.

"Eh?" Kazuto gazed blankly at him. It wasn't very polite to reply that way, but Kazuto didn't feel like putting on airs and graces. Especially not for a Fancy.

"W-we're at your destination. Should I carry your friend--?"

"Not a friend," Kazuto sighed, staring at his jacket tied around the girl's leg to stem bleeding. "But I'll carry her in and wait for my jacket back. That jacket..." holds memories of him. It almost smells like him. "It doesn't matter." He lifted her into his arms. "Okay, thanks for coming by so fast, Fancy."

"U-uh... no problem, Master!" called the man after him.

This next part... this was gonna suck.

((If, TE, you want to have Runa in her hospital room waking up next or something, that's fine ;v;))

Edited by Celestial07

Acedia squealed with delight when Gula hugged her, she wrapped her small arms around him, happy to be forgiven. Acedia started purring, but she was the only one making noise... Well this was getting awkward...

(Don't worry Luxuria, Acedia shall give you a hug... Eventually.)

A shiver ran down Lucine's spine when David used his thumb to rub her index finger. She still wasn't used to this, to interacting with somebody. It all felt unreal. "I could go for toasted sandwiches. Nothing too fru-fru." She said, trying to keep herself from blushing.

"I swear on that strange place, I won't disappear on purpose. I don't want to lose you. And of course I worry about you, you're my only friend so far and I have to look out for you." The brunette chewed on her lip, not knowing what else to say. "You don't suck at this."

"Thanks, now I can bother you when I can't sleep."

((OK! :3 And why does Kaoru sound so familiar...?))

Runa woke up in her usual spot in the hospital. Sitting up and looking around, she wondered what had happened this time around. Oh, that's right. Her leg had been torn up badly. She looked down and saw her leg wrapped in a swath of gauze and bandages. The past events slowly came back to her hazily, because of the anesthesia the nurses had used. She wondered who had brought her to the hospital. On the small nightstand next to her bed were her clothes, freshly cleaned of all bloodstains. Her jeans still had long slash marks in them, but she'd sew them up at home. Sitting up, she wobbled around the room a little, then decided to go into the hall. She wondered what had happened to the guy who had grabbed her. What if she accidentally hurt him when she made the road crack? She was only trying to scare Peter and his gang...she noticed an extra jacket on her nightstand, and decided to grab it. Whose was it?

((Hey WAITAMINUTE! Kaoru is Gula, isn't he?))

Edited by Techno_Elf

((*Thumbs up* ;W;))

The door was thrust open. Kazuto was surprised to see the girl sitting up; he'd given her a lot of time to wake up, sure, but dude, that was fast. She was holding his jacket in her hands, washed clean by the hospital. He wasn't the grabby kind, but in only his black vest, he was fairly cold. Kazuto strode up to the girl's bedside and gave the fakest smile he'd probably ever given. Then he gave up and scowled.

"Sorry, but may I please have my jacket?" he paused. Wait, that was in the wrong order. He was still in a foul mood because the hospital had demanded they check out his injuries, too, because he was covered in blood. He'd not even been given a bandage for it all, and he really hated to waste precious time. Even so, this girl was a potential ally, right? "Sorry, no, I meant to ask... Is your leg any better?"

----

"Yay~~" Gula smiled, loving the closeness, but... well, were they going to stay like this forever? He pulled away. "We need Ira and Invi. We need to plan, right?" He asked, feeling bad for ending the rare moment of tenderness.

Ira popped up next to Gula. "You called?"

Runa almost burst out laughing when she saw the fakest smile in the history of fake smiles on the man's face, but she managed to hold it in. Taking a deep breath mentally, she nodded and handed the jacket over. "Yeah, thanks for bringing me here." She gingerly stood and almost fell over, managing to catch herself by grabbing the nightstand. "It's going to be a few days until I can walk properly," she said to herself, frowning a little. If she went back to school...she'd be a pushover! She couldn't have that! Although, she did hope that Peter had been scared out of his wits, enough to leave her alone at least until her wounds healed. Suddenly remembering something, she looked at the man. "So, what was all that with the gun and the fireball? You could've killed someone! You might've even killed yourself!"

Edited by Techno_Elf

Superbia roped Ira into the hug warmly. "Come, Ira, share in our bro-ness" She said uncharacteristically.

-------------------------------------------------

David smiled warmly as he stroked her hand, thankful that he was no longer alone, and that in that fact, it meant that someone else was no longer around either. "Sure thing." He said softly, walking away from the hospital. His complexion was returning to normal, though he still felt flushed. He began to wonder if she'd noticed the colour discrepancy in his eye... It was as he lay there on the ground, watching the ash rain down from the sky, feeling the shrapnel in his cheek cut his muscles to ribbons that he heard it for the first time. The voice of the dragon. His hand tightened slightly around Lucine's unconsciously. He wouldn't let her get hurt again. He had someone to trust now to watch his back, and that meant he had to do the same. He wasn't alone anymore, but that was a hindrance too.

It meant he had something to lose. Dragon, lend me your strength...

"Call me anytime you want, and I mean that..." He said giving her a smile. "...Or hell, you could come over, if you want. I tend to get PTSD-esque nightmares, so I don't really sleep much. I live in the apartment block in the west district of town, you see." He said as they walked.

((Sorry! Mis-post))

Edited by Millennium07

Kazuto nodded, retrieving his jacket and fitting it neatly around his shoulders. It had that just-laundered roughness, but he shrugged it off and gazed at the girl who'd just asked him a question. Quite a strange girl indeed. He frowned, putting his hands on his slim hips.

"Killing myself is not a problem," he said softly, in a voice slightly dangerous. "Killing others is..." he paused thoughtfully. "Not a problem just yet, either." He considered explaining himself more fully to this girl. Might as well, right? "I always carry guns with me. I just do, there's not a reason or anything. As for the fireball... Well, I'm not sure myself. In that strange backwards place, I learnt I could make fire in my hands, and when those monster fish attacked me... I had no choice but to fight." He paused, shrugging once again. "But... well, that's not too important just now. Glad you're well. Look after yourself," he turned to leave, waving a hand as he did so.

((Apparently, he accidently clicked 'post', and so is editing it into a proper post ;w;))

((Oh...xd.png))

Runa tilted her head. "You've been to that black and red place too, then? Did those knights try to kill you as well? Oh, right! You should probably take my number; David did say that he wanted us all to stick together and be in contact with each other, just in case the shadow people come back." She wrote her number on a piece of paper and handed it to Kazuto. "I'm Runa," she added. "What's your name?"

Acedia held onto Gula even after he pulled away, the purr was dead in her throat when she found out that she was suppose to let go, she dropped her arms to the side awkwardly and stepped back. "Y-yea.." Acedia cleared her throat, "Yeah, where are Invidia and Ira anyway?" She asked letting out a surprised squeak when Ira appeared out of nowhere. "Don't do that! You'll give me a heart attack!" Acedia giggled playfully, she shoved the other knight lightly.

Edited by mipuppy1

Ira was shoved face-first into the group hug, and thought he was going to die of embarrassment. He didn't like group hugs at all. He glanced at Superbia strangely. "'Bro-ness'?" He asked. "Where did you get that?" He then proceeded to laugh his face off.

((I...I don't even know.))

Edited by Techno_Elf

"Eh..." Kazuto took the paper and stared at it in an awkward fashion for a while. Despite his fairly crooked, almost 'embarrassed' mannerisms, his face was still the same natural tint, no redness in sight. "I've been there, yes. I think it was called the... In-between... or reverse... something," Kazuto shrugged as he spoke, wondering if he should team up with these people. It would both increase and decrease survival chances. More people, easier defeats. More people, bigger targets. He considered this for a long while, leaving the girl named 'Runa' hanging for quite a bit, before raising his head to gaze seriously at her. He sighed. She probably knew her father, unless she'd been under a rock (then again, he didn't, and this was similar to the way he met Kaoru, just... more dramatic).

"My name is Kazuto Kitakawa. Of... KitaTech fame, I suppose,"

----

Gula chirrupped, knocking his fist into the back of Ira's head. "Don't sneak up on me like that, I~~ra!" he cried, but he was smiling. It was rare for them all to get along... wasn't it? Rare enough, anyway. He'd miss moments like this, he thought, and for a moment he thought about Kaoru had felt, beside all of his friends. He quickly snapped out of that thought; Avaritia himself had pretty much said 'forget it', hadn't he? Gula smiled regardless.

"I like it. Bro~ness~"

Runa blinked. KitaTech. So that's who the guy was, huh? She wondered if he had maybe told his father about the Inverse Plain. Probably not. "So there weren't any strange people trying to kill you, huh?" Speaking of which, she wondered who the other two people were. Judging from the shields, they might've been like her, too. But they looked awfully like the Wraith Knights. She shook her head to clear it. Nah, it couldn't have been. "So," she said. "Just call me if you're having trouble or anything, I guess. Your father doesn't know about the Inverse Plain, does he?" She decided to ask, anyways.

Ira sighed and smiled a little. "You guys are crazy," he said. He couldn't remember the last time they had group-hugged together. It was a nice change from their usual routines.

Edited by Techno_Elf

"How about sis-ness?" Acedia asked flipped a curl out of her face, "Why do guys get all the fun?" She asked with a smile.

Lucine was surprised, the Kitsune was quiet, the whispers had dissappeared but she didn't know when that happened. She shrugged it off, happy that the irritable sound was gone. "I don't like hospitals too much. So much blood and things can go wrong." She said, using her freehand to rub her eye. "So you're an insomniac? Don't worry, same here." Lucine smiled. "I can sneak out of my house at night. My parents work from early to late. And they never check my room. Whenever I wake up I find that they are already gone. So I'll visit, but I need an adress for that to happen." She squeezed his hand gently. "But I won't be able to do so tonight, tomorrow is mom's day off, so she'll be around in the morning."