Millennium07

Kage no Kagami ~The Shadows in the Mirror~

[Okies so its likely that memory may return in time given the right prodding - and the scissor incident was VERY recent so .... I think we can safely say that was the one first targeted by Acedia's power after sleep was induced.]

Chastity examined the wounds on her arm, trying to figure out where they actually came from.

She didn't need to look to tell they were real injuries, the pain did that well enough.

"Ok, so what actually happened?" This question was voiced, though it was meant to be a metaphorical one. She really didn't expect an answer.

(Lucine was also affected. She was half dead for the time you guys posted.)

Lucine slowly opened her eyes and was welcome with the sight of the blue sky. Slowly she stood up, hardly remembering the inverse plain. Her memory was cloudy, nothing seemed clear or truely real, as if it was just a vivid dream. But if it was a dream, why were those in it around her?

"That Phantasm's voice. It has wounded their memories." Unfenscheit spoke gruffly, eyes closed. "They won't last long without their memories." He snorted. "Perhaps it would be best if they were just aloud to die peacefully."

That's not true! David thought at his predecessor.

"Hmhmhm. Do you really think that?" He opened his glowing golden eyes. "Then go ahead and struggle. It will only end in despair..."

-------------------------------------------------------------------

David looked around cautiously, now very self-conscious that he could't tell who else remembered the Inverse Plain, and who didn't. What should he do? What should he say? He winced. He remembered the pain in his ribs. Should he head to the hospital? David nodded. "Glad you're all still alive. I'm David, and...I think that's going to happen again, he said touching his eyepatch. It wasn't a dream. The injuries stayed. We all moved across town and most importantly...I can still feel that thing in me." He then held out a scrap of paper with a phone number on it. "We should probably stay in touch..." Damn. That pain was a lot more noticeable now. He shifted his weight. "I should probably get this looked at..." But hold on. How long had they been there? His therapy appointment would be soon...

---------------------------------------------------------

Ah...so this was the Corporeal Plain. How fascinating. It didn't feel all that different, to be honest. But Dragon's mind was going a mile a minute, he was trying to find a way to drive this boy into despair...

((I know, I'm sorry, Laur. I was going to wait until you'd posted to have Avaritia show up, but as things escalated, there didn't seem a point.

Next shift will be the next in-game day. Also time froze while they were in the Inverse Plain. But they don't know that yet))

Edited by Millennium07

(It's okay, I read through it all at 4 in the morning.)

Lucine looked at everyone who were around her, trying to remember what had happened. Her head hurt like hell. She turned her head and looked at the boy with long hair. When he said his name she remembered part of the Inverse Plain; The blood red sky and David saving her life.

"I-I remember that place... Well, part of it..." She admitted, rubbing her arm shyly. She winced when her fingers brushed over something. When she looked, she saw that some of her skin had scraped off. 'Probably when he pushed me out of the way.' She thought.

"I can go with you if you want." She said, smiling at David. "I don't think any of us should be alone now."

"So you think you can just walk into here, eat fifty dollars worth of food, then just walk out without paying?!" The man demanded angrily,

"Well, I've never eaten here before and Avaritia usually pays for things." Acedia explained, the man had taken her to the back, the back door was open so maybe when he wasn't looking she could run?

"Here, kid call your parents, i'll have them pay and pick you up." He tossed a small black box at her.

Acedia blinked, studying the strange object, "I ran away from home." She explained, opening and closing the box with a giggle,

"Kid, call your parents or I'm going to have to get the police involved." He threatened her, but Acedia wasn't listening, she had just found out the symbols on the box could be pressed and the symbol would appear on the greenish-yellowish bar!

"Hello?" A female voice came out of the box, Acedia dropped it startled, she looked at the man pointing to the phone,

"There's a person stuck in there! We need to get her out!" Acedia panicked picking up the phone and trying to pry it open, "You know, you have to be really really small to get stuck in here..." Acedia told the woman.

"Is this a prank call? I don't have time for things like this!" The woman huffed angrily and hung up,

"Hello? Box-lady? Are you still in there?" Acedia asked holding the phone to her ear, just then the man snatched the phone from her "Hey!" Acedia protested,

"I'm calling the police, teenagers." He muttered quickly dialing 9-1-1.

(Knight in shining armor? Human in shining armor?)

(Oh and if your wondering why she hasn't teleported out, the knights either taught her not to cause a ruckus in the human world and/or she forgot.)

Edited by mipuppy1

David felt a pang of guilt as he saw her scrape, before his gaze turned to Chastity's much deeper wounds. "You should get checked out too..."

He turned back to Lucine and nodded with a shy smile. "Sure! I-I'd like that" he admitted. He absolutely hated hospitals, so some company would be very welcome.

-----------------------------------------------------

Avaritia sighed. Acedia vouldn't be sensed anywhere. That meant she could only be in one place. The corporeal plain. How unsightly.

"Superbia. Could I count on you to go find Acedia?"

Superbia nodded. "Of course, Avaritia." Taking away from the collective also damaged the seal, so she needed to be found. But... Superbia felt there was something deeply troubling Acedia, so she had an ulterior motive.

((I'll have Superbia step in if no one does by my next post. Perhaps Sissy's new human character? Since, by the way, I will now accept forms in the OOC thread for two new human characters, first come, first serve.))

"I'll get your number there, then." Lucine smiled and gently touched his arm. "Let's get going, before it gets worse." She looked at the ground and picked up her bag, forgetting that she had dropped it. "I wonder what time it is... We were in there forever." Lucine said. "I'll check on my phone later. Your injuries are more important."

David smiled gently at the girl by his side as they began walking towards the hospital. He shook his head slowly "My watch says we were in there for about an hour..." he said slowly. His therapist appointment was fairly soon. It's a good job the therapists was, morbidly enough, next to the hospital. "Sorry about dragging you all this way." He said apologetically. "I'm just a bit worried about the stitches, that's all."

------------------------------------------

The man crumpled to the ground. Head cut clean off. "Acedia, are you alright?" The black-haired, red-eyed teenager stepped forward. It was Superbia, having taken the form of her host, though her hair and eyes were both brown in life.

Edited by Millennium07

"Stitches?" Lucine asked. She then remembered that he was covered in bandages. "Oh, right. I never asked you about that. What happened?" She asked. "And don't worry about, you're a friend.

Acedia glared at Superbia, "What are you doing here?" She asked coldly, not answering the question, she shuddering at the man's head, it reminded her of Gula's head room, it was really really disturbing and creepy.

Edited by mipuppy1

Gula was bored and tired. Forcing random lesser phantasms to play house got boring after a time; they didn't have minds or thoughts of their own, and so... well, they didn't do it convincingly at all. It sucked, frankly, and Gula had already eaten so much pocky, he'd turn into one if he had much more. Right, it was time to go home, he supposed. He sighed, summoning his scissors and chopping all of his now-defunct toys into pieces, and then teleported away, back home into the cold, boring temple. He better apologize for his actions previously, because he hadn't meant it. Kind of.

"Hey, Ava..." Gula called, emphasising the guilt in his voice. "Can I speak to you for a moment...?"

---

(Meet Kazuzu~~)

Kazuto gazed blankly. What had that just been? He straightened, slightly, and then put a hand to his head. There were too many voices in there, certainly. Just a shade too many. Alright, okay, that thing, it was so different from himself that he couldn't even begin to describe it. There was no pretending those awkward, sudden and hot-headed thoughts were his own. Nope.

What's with youuu? Kazuto...? Let's go to a restaurant! Food, you like food, don't you? And... well, waitresses!

...And that just completely proved his point. He'd never be able to last three days with this thing in his head. Oh well. Maybe his suicide would bring his father good business? And his thoughts were gone with the wind, business and guns and computers, as he headed on autopilot to the nearest restaurant.

David's smile faltered. Should he say? Would she think him repugnant? Well, regardless, what would be the point in denying it now? He did yell it at that warrior woman, Invidia. "I uh. Tried to kill myself. A couple of times actually." He said in a similar tone to the one any other person would use for discussing their food tastes. "My family is dead." He said, wistfully. "There was an attack at a shopping centre about a year ago. We got separated. I was one of only five to make it out alive." He paused. "Let me clarify, 'alive', but I didn't have a life. Not anymore. I tried to make sense of my new life, but... I just couldn't. Hah, or maybe I could, but just didn't want to. Either way, I used my carving knife to... Hm, well you can pretty much tell the results. A good portion of my body is covered in bandages." David said, one hand touching his eyepatch, the other trembling from the memory.

--------------------------------------------

Superbia frowned. "Making sure you're alright." She said matter-of-factly.

Acedia crossed her arms stubbornly, "I'm not going back." She said, she was determined and no one would change her mind.

(Where should I have Invidia? I honestly don't feel like reading the wall post for a page in a half tongue.gif)

((Still with Ira, so perhaps fuming that the humans 'got away'? Or maybe talking trash about Gula and Acedia for getting yelled at and running away xd.png))

(I think I'm about to get a recap from Sam (I think that's what she refers herself to))

"I'm sorry for your loss. But I understand why you tried to kill yourself, life is difficult without your loved ones and friends aren't always really there for you. Friends you can lose easily over something." Lucine sighed. 'He shared something difficult with me, it's time I do the same.' She told herself. "I don't know what it feels like trying to commit suicide, but, I do know what it feels like to be a dead soul. When I was thirteen I became a victim of human trafficing... Everyday... I just wished they would kill me already. The things they had me do, the way they hurt me. They cut me, beat me... other things I don't want to talk about. They continued doing that until I was just a body, I had no soul. I was there for two years. I got out because of a rescue... But others died because those people weren't willing to let us all be saved. One of them did shoot me that night, shot me right beneath the ribs." Lucine swallowed hard, close to tears because of the memory. "I haven't trusted people ever since. My friends weren't my friends anymore, my family treated me like I never belonged anymore. People continously pity me... I hate it."

"..." David was at a loss for words. In comparison, his own problems seemed trivial. "I...I'm sorry...I..." He laughed hollowly at the horrendousness of the situation. "It's horrible when people think, just because you've been through crap, that you can't do anything by yourself..." It explained, at least, why he recognized her from the tv. She'd been a missing person.

"You're a lot stronger than I am." David said, voice an octave lower then it had been before. He was speaking plainly from the heart. "I'm happy to be your friend." He said honestly, before smiling wearily. "It's not good to be alone."

----------------------------------------------------------

Superbia's expression hardened in a flash. "You realise you'll fade away before long." She brought a hand up to her breast, to where, if she were in her true form, her core would be. "It is by my magic you even have a humanoid form. If you lock yourself away here, you will die. Do you care for the humans that much?" She was truly touched that Acedia could feel that much empathy. Could there truly be a way to avoid killing them?

If Luxuria were here, she'd know what to do...

"You're the first person I've really talked to, besides my therapist. And, you're the first person I actually allowed to touch me." Lucine shyly held David's hand. "I'm glad I'm not alone anymore." She smiled up at him. "I just wish to get my life back to normal... But now this happened. But, to be honest, it feels like there is something blocking my memory. I only remember you saving me, nothing else." Lucine looked up at David. "Do you think of me differently now?"

David gave Lucine's hand a slight squeeze. "I have to agree. I haven-haven't really talked to anyone, either. No one would listen to the 'insane ramblings' of a boy who tried to kill himself. No why was ever reason enough." He turned his head to look at her. "Don't worry. You were lulled into a sleep by one of those Knights. I'll fill you in later." He paused before a thought occurred to him. "How's your mind? Kitsune isn't hurting you is it?" He asked, having become aware of a recurring pressure in his chest, one he was attributing to Dragon. His turned his gaze away from her shyly when their eyes met, before meeting her gaze again. "Yes, I think you're a lot braver...and stronger." He smiled.

((Aww))

Edited by Millennium07

"Whatever, I don't care! Its so unfair Ayano and people like her have to die! Is it so wrong to not want to hurt people that remind me of Ayano?" Acedia demanded tugging on her red scarf, "Plus, Gula said I was weak anyway, so even if I do disappear, it wont make a difference to anyone." Acedia mumbled looking at the floor.

"Because we all love you, dear." Superbia said honestly, before stepping forward and pulling her into a tight hug. "I'll talk to Avaritia about it..." She said soothingly, stroking Acedia's hair. "I'll see what I can do."

Invidia looked at Acedia. "You're my friend," she said. "I'll care if you disappear. And don't listen to Gula, he's an idiot."

(Why are you aw'ing Mil?

Lucine will try to rip Avaratia's (hoping I spelled that correctly for I suck at names) head off when David is almost killed.)

"I'd listen to what you'd have to say. And you're not insane, just lost." Lucine blushed, chewing on her lip. "I hear faint whispers, they're very soft and I can't hear what's being said. I guess that counts as the... Kitsune, you say? Was that bit of what I missed when I was out? By the way, I don't think I'm that strong. If I wasn't such a wuss I wouldve tried to commit suicide by now." The girl looked up. "I see the hospital. Oh, would you like something to drink?"

"Then why'd you tell on me?" Acedia asked but allowed herself to be hugged, she looked at Invidia before pulling her over and hugging her as well, "Thank you." She said quietly.