Millennium07

Kage no Kagami ~The Shadows in the Mirror~

Acedia looked down, her cats loyally had formed a circle around her and was trying to cheer her up in their own way, it was adorable and sweet and Acedia was about to smile when she saw Gula. The ****ing jerk was smiling. Acedia was tired of this, ever since they had woken up it had been fight after fight, it was like someone was doing it on purpose! Anyhow Acedia was pretty sure she'd even get along better with humans, Acedia wanted to cry- no she was going to cry, she mustn't let Gula see her cry or he would think she was weak again. Acedia quietly walked out if the room, when she was about 3 feet away she started crying silently, it got the loudest when she reached her room and her cats filed in.

(Aww I'm sorry Millie D:)

[Awww Evil Rainclouds. *shakes fist at sky*. So tempting to 'cork' the arrow tips - that way they wouldn't be lethal/deadly - just painful if you got hit.]

Chastity glanced sideways at Hisao, wondering whether his presence would be better or not.

"Wouldn't you get in trouble if you stayed around AND I used the area?" Chastity asked - though the answer would probably be obvious. After all if he clocked off and left - he could easily deny knowledge of her archery practice.

"It's okay! I don't want to drag you to do some boring dress shopping! I'll be picking through things and trying them on all day." Lucine smiled. "But if you're willing to sit through that then fine"

David nodded. "Sure, that could be fun." He said smiling. "Beats sitting at home with Dragon all day." A thought occured to him. "I can always ask you how you think I should wear my hair, or whether I should wear my gloves and eyepatch with it."

-------------------------------------

Hisao shrugged. "I might get in trouble. But I haven't told you my other powers. How do you know I can't use them to get out of it?" He pondered for a moment. "Each Phantasm has three powers. By training, you can use the other two, as well."

Edited by Millennium07

Chastity considered Hisao's vague, non-answer answer.

"That is true - you didn't expand on your powers..," then she thought, "So I guess one of my Phantasm's powers is going shadowy?"

That was the only way she could describe the image in her head. The one that annoyed her as she could tell something was missing from it.

[Gula+scissors that is]

Chastity couldn't think of other powers that would fit a Shadow Wraith.

"Perhaps you could tell me a bit more about Phantasms while I practice?" The idea occurred to her that it may trigger her memory slightly...

"That's all up to you to decide David, not me." Lucine stopped infront of a house with a grey fence. "Well, this is home." She said with a sigh.

David smiled confidently. "I'll go without, then." He said, looking around. "At least we'll see each other later..." He said, pulling Lucine into a goodbye hug.

Maybe Acedia should leave for a few days, wait until the other knights cool down. Rushing to her desk Acedia quickly scribbled a note,

Dear brothers and sisters, I am running away from home as it seems that my presence is not welcomed here.

I am terribly sorry that I disappointed everyone, I think I shall live among the humans, I will not be using my powers anymore as I am sure that is the reason why we can't stay in the human world that long without putting strain on the crystal. (Now she's just making stuff up xd.png)

I am horrible sorry,

Sincerely, Acedia.

P.S, Don't look for me at the pet shop we usually past, because I won't be there in my cat form.

Acedia threw things into her bag, shooed her cats into the closet where they would be taken good care of, locked the her door to buy time and teleported away.

Lucine closed her eyes, plaing her hands on his back. "I can't wait to see you tonight. I'll let you know when I leave." She told David, trying to make the hug last as long as she could.

David stroked her bank, not wanting to pull away, but knowing he probably should. He kissed her head gently, nuzzling her hair. "I can't wait either. I'll be waiting your call with baited breath..."

Gula lifted his head and gazed at Superbia for a bit. He pulled his legs closer to him, thinking about it. Certainly, that would get him in Avaritia's good books. He smiled, tugging himself up on the wall. He smiled at Superbia, fading away.

"See ya..."

The black-haired, red-eyed boy tugged his scarf up and threw his hands in his pockets, enjoying the glances he got as he walked briskly through the strange human town. It was so strange seeing them be organised! Playing house with these would certainly be more fun than in the inverse plain. However, he stayed dutiful and ignored the very interesting toys (or even pets), and headed in the direction his inner compass was pulling him. A lot of Phantasms, that way, huh? He wasn't too interested. He wanted to see her.

Acedia wasn't to far from Gula, in fact if he cared to look he would probably see her. Acedia was just about to take on her cat form when a man had approached her, he asked her if she wanted to see a puppy, Acedia hated dogs so she had politely declined then he asked if she wanted candy, now it was a known fact that Acedia loved candy so she said yes. So here was this guy, watching Acedia as she got into his black car with tinted windows, dumbstruck that she had actually fallen for the oldest trick in the book.

(Hahaha... You want some candy?)

Gula took a hand through his thick, black hair and was about to turn onto the street he desired, when he caught sight of Acedia. He watched her, slowing his pace a little. Some guy's car, Acedia? Really? He sighed, walking over. He smiled at the strange man and then decked him, pulling Acedia after him all in one swift move. He stared back at Acedia in irritation as he stalked towards the large white building.

"I thought you just came back," Gula snapped, and then he paused. She was just a kid, in terms of maturity. He should probably explain himself rather than just being a jerk. Of course, he didn't really care if Acedia hated him, but he didn't really want her hurt. "Don't just get into people's... well... y'know, their metal things. Because then you'd get lost. Sure, you'd be able to come back, but... well, humans aren't as nice as you seem to think they are. They're awful. Kaoru hated them, and so do I."

----

Kazuto, leaning on the door of his car and waiting for Runa, suddenly caught sight of a strange, skinny boy crossing the car-park. He stared at the ebony-haired boy, stunned. That scarf. That face shape. Those skinny, skinny limbs. Kazuto completely abandoned the car (and Runa) and ran towards the skinny boy.

"Kaoru! Kaoru, hey, Kaoru!" He screamed.

"Well, it helps to be nice." Acedia snapped, "That human male says he was going to give me candy, he was nicer to me then you, you've never done anything to me, all you ever do is pick on me, you should know that I have feelings and that your a major censorkip.gif who only cares about himself and censorkip.gifcensorkip.gifcensorkip.gif you censorkip.gif!" Acedia looked like she might cry but she just smiled tugging on her scarf and waiting for Gula to hit her, she wanted to be hit, then she could hate him more, hating someone felt good. That's what she told herself anyway, but deep inside she knew it was wrong, much like killing a human and she just wanted to go hug Gula- buuut she denied all that, the more humans she killed the more powerful and better she was and the more people she hated showed how strong she was, she didn't need Gula.

Gula just let go of her. Screw her, if she was going to behave like that. He just walked on, allowing the fluttering in his chest carry him towards the slightly smaller building. He saved her from that psycho man! She didn't get what humans were capable of, he supposed. It didn't matter. Next time he'd let her get herself kidnapped and even... no, it didn't matter at all.

...He had a headache. There was a voice in his head screaming 'Kaoru' over and over. He wished it would be quiet. He knew about Kaoru, but Ava told him to be himself, right? That's what he wanted to be. Himself. But all he was was a small part of Kaoru, right?

...That girl was close.

"I'll try to sneak out early, okay?" Lucine blushed when her forehead was kissed. "But I need to get things ready for when I come over."

((I'm sitting here, like 'KIIIISSSSS')

He walked away. Gula had just got up and left her. Da frick to being strong and tough and whatever. "Gula!" Acedia yelled chasing after him, "Gula! Wait- I'm sorry! I didn't mean it!" Acedia apologized desperately, she tackled meaning to hug him, to stop him so that she could make him forgive her but she only succeed in sending the two flying across the room. Well that wasn't suppose to happen. That loud sickening crack that Acedia heard when she hit the ground on her right arm wasn't suppose to happen either. Neither was the pain.

(Ohh! I wanna chant to! Kiss! Kiss! Kiss! Kiss! Kiss! Kiss! Kiss! Kiss! Kiss! Kiss! Kiss! Kiss! Kiss! Kiss! Kiss! Kiss! Kiss! Kiss! Kiss! Kiss! Kiss! Kiss! Kiss! Kiss! Kiss! Kiss! Kiss! Kiss! Kiss! Kiss! Kiss! Kiss! Kiss! Kiss! Kiss! Kiss! Kiss! Kiss! Kiss! Kiss! Kiss! Kiss! Kiss! Kiss! Kiss! Kiss! Kiss! Kiss!, you think that's enough?)

Edited by mipuppy1

((Is all this supposed to be a hint tongue.gif))

David nodded "Yeah..." He tried to step away but his body woulden't move, only serving to tighten his grip around Lucine. "I...I suppose I have to let you go..."

"Uh...?" He turned, surprised to have been stopped once again in his tracks. He sighed, gently patting Acedia on the head. He was very, very tired. "It's okay, Acedia. You gotta look after yourself better, though." The tender moment lasted only a second, though, as Gula was tugged violently from his little sister-like figure. He turned, appalled at the sudden violence, to see... a guy. Some guy. His senses tingled immediately; this guy wanted a fight. He had a Phantasm.

"Kaoru, are you ignoring me? What'd you do to your hair?" Kazuto ruffled the soft (L'Oreal-worthy) strands and smiled warmly. He'd seen Kaoru's roots, but they were always a chestnut-brown colour.

"Kaoru?" Gula stared blankly. His mind only started moving when he realised that this human was, in fact, an actual human... and a friend of Kaoru's? His face fell, if that were even possible. He'd have to kill one of Kaoru's friends? He didn't want to. He didn't want to upset Kaoru, or disturb his memory, or... "I... I can't, alright?" He bolted, then, feet carrying him towards the smaller building beside the hospital.

"Kaoru...?" Kazuto sighed, shoulders slumping. "I guess he's grown out of me. I hope he's good to you, kid," Kazuto added dejectedly, ruffling Acedia's jet-black hair too. He turned away, swallowing hard. He still had Runa to deal with.

Acedia blinked, giving Kazuto a what-the-frick-just-happened? Face, Acedia smiled when Kazuto ruffled her hair deciding she liked him even though she could sense his Phantasm, Gula must have to, so then why did he run? He would kill to kill. Acedia gave Kazuto what she hoped was a reassuring smile, "Don't worry, Gula doesn't mean it." She didn't know what she was saying either, don't ask. Acedia turned around and chased after Gula, "Wait! Where are you going?!" Acedia demanded trying hard to catch up to him.

"I'll always be here though, nothing will happen to me, not soon." Lucine closed her eyes and inhaled slowly. "You'll never really let go of me though. I believe I hold a place in your heart." She smiled, not having been so happy in so long.

((Ask and you shall receive))

David nodded "Your right." He said, pulling away and looking into her eyes, deeply. God, she looked beautiful. He thought, admiring her smiling face. Something inside his heart began to stir as he looked down on her with half-lidded eyes. Acting on instinct, he bent down and kissed her again, this time on the lips, gently. He wasn't quite sure, why he did it, only that it felt very right.

((Awwwww.))

Lucine's body tensed up when David kissed her, not sure how to react to the new sensation. Her stomach turned and her heart sped up. She lifted her arm and placed a hand on David's cheek, trembling from the new shyness that enveloped her.

(Awww smile.gif )