Millennium07

Kage no Kagami ~The Shadows in the Mirror~

David's shaking stopped somewhat, and he looked up, finally taking stock of the situation. Had Unfenscheit intervened and contacted him so he would be oblivious to the vocal assault?

---------------------------------------

Superbia's head turned in Gula's direction. "Not...a bad idea, I suppose. Which do you want?"

((We need Invidia ;_;))

"My one," Gula said reverently, pointing over to the girl with all of the blood spots on her arms; Chastity. "The rest of you can just pick one. I don't care, buuut, can I torture it first, Superi-nyan?" Gula cut some of the hair from her ponytail happily, waving his legs around joyously. Some random clothing from someone got caught on one of he spikes on Gula's boots and he sighed; he often forgot how spiky he was, and, indeed, how many teeth his armour had.

(sorry)

Invidia stepped out from the shadows, observing it all. "So, you managed to put them all to sleep," she said, highly uncaring, but fixed her eyes on the shaking human. "Well, most of them." She had managed to avoid being put to sleep as she was concentrating on a problem. "I call the terrified human. It should be quite fun to terrify him."

David stood up gingerly, walking forwards to come between Invidia and Lucine. "Actually, the shakes are pain, not fear. I don't really fear death. In fact..." He paused, head turning slightly in Luncine's direction self-consciously. "In fact, I've tried for it myself!" David said, pulling his sleeve to reveal his plethora of bandages, implying they were the result of suicide attempts. Are you sure you can scare me?" Where was this foolhardy courage coming from?

David touched his eyepatch thoughtfully, eyeing the surrounding Knights. He still had his trump card - his foresight.

---------------------------------------

"Invidia! I thought I sensed you!" Superbia said, referring to her intuition power. A power which was also telling her the Phantasms of the group.

"Gula, be careful. That's the Shadow-Wraith. No match for you in terms of power, but it has quite the arsenal of tricks. Invidia, that's the Dragon. Jack of all trades, but master of none." She paused thoughtfully. "The others are the Kitsune and the Alicorn... Go ahead, Ira, Acedia." She said, intending to stay out of Gula's little game for now.

((Avaritia will appear soon, then first shift back))

"Ehh? Don't even act like that little child is any match for me," Gula pouted. "It's such a pain, not to be able to become what I am... Arghh, I dunno, be more entertaining, Superbiaaaa!!" he said, pointedly ignoring Invidia. He made a point of it, in fact, turning from her to the Shadow-Wraith chick. He smirked darkly. "Hayy~~" he added to it, waving the over-large scissors. However, always one to be distracted, he paused mid-wave. "Is no-one else going to tuck in...? Geez, guyyyys! It's rude to make me eat aloneee!"

Edited by Celestial07

"Jerk!" Acedia glared at Gula, sticking her tongue out at him, she hopped over fallen bodies to Lucine then started whispering soothing words of rest to the slowly stirring girl.

"Wimp!" Gula retorted, flapping his arms at the supposedly weak Wraith Knight. Good lord, did she have to be so pathetically in love with all of the humans? She knew her job, right? Avaritia would have a field day. Wait, Avaritia. Gula counted them as friends, (then he did that with most everyone) and he knew that he would be showing up if they continued to dally. And that... well, that would suck.

"You're a jerk all right," Invidia smirked, knowing that would get Gula to be highly upset. "And she's not a wimp. Can't you at least act your age you jerk?"

"Wha?!" Gula stared, dumbfounded, at Invidia. "I'm hurt, Invi," He sniffed fakely, hugging his scissors to his chest. "I'm not a je~rk! And," he turned a little more serious, thrusting his scissors back down to his side. "If she can't kill humans, or at least attempt it, then she is, to me. I like humans, too, but they're just toys. They don't belong, they're dangerous. Vermin," he spat. "You know it, don't you?!"

"I do so kill humans!" Acedia spat back to Gula, casting a grateful glance at Invidia "I just like to take my time, they have been through so much in their short lives so they deserve to die without any worries." She explained, her face softening as she gently stroked Lucine's hair, her head rested on Acedia's chest.

"And that gives them time," Gula spat back, surprising himself at how annoyed he was actually getting. He was Gula, the child, the joker... but yeah, he was annoyed. "It gives them time to observe you, watch you... Figure out your weaknesses," Gula nodded sagely. "When I was making my head room," he paused to give the others time to remember that once he created a room filled with severed heads (for a perfectly good reason, of course), "If you remember, I got myself in trouble with humans. It was a major pain, y'know?" He paused, having felt the anger dissipate. "Humans are crafty, s'all."

Runa furrowed her eyebrows. Unicorns didn't exist, right? What was this woman going on about? She groaned a little, feeling a headache coming. Maybe this was all just a dream, and she'd wake soon, somewhere in the park. Runa widened her eyes. She had broken through the flame wall earlier...could she do it again?

Hey! You! Are you the Kitsune or the Unicorn? Also, if you're so smart, why don't you help me out of this mess? I bet you were the one who got me in this in the first place!

How ungrateful of you, Runa. I was the one who saved your hide, if you may recall. Now then, all you have to do is let me out again. But not now! I'm a bit tired right now. You're on your own.

Runa growled in fustration. Whatever it was that was inside her, it was getting annoying! Closing her eyes, she rubbed her temples, trying to get rid of the headache that was building up and trying to shatter her skull. She gritted her teeth, trying to ignore the pain as she stood up shakily. "Well," she spat, or rather, she tried to. She was feeling so, so tired... "I suppose I should thank you for your concern and sympathy, then?" She didn't need sympathy. No one had been there for her when she needed someone, anyone. It wasn't like anyone cared about a...a mutant! She rubbed her eyes. She wanted to punch something, anything. Make it all the pain and anger that she had been forced to go through, when she should've been blissfully unaware of just how evil humans could be...

But that wasn't important right now. She could wallow in self-pity later. She had to get away from all this madness.

But what was the point? Sooner or later these strange people would hunt her down, and then she'd probably have to suffer a lot more.

((Wait, so Ira has to try to kill Runa?))

((Not unless Gula tries to keep the game going after this post. Also Avaritia reveals his opinion on 'Let's play with humans fun hour, hosted by Gula and Acedia'.))

David whirled to face Acedia. He couldn't hit a girl, could he? His uncovered eye began emitting its golden glow once more. However no vision came. Was it a warning? A warning of what? He winced. That pain when he went rolling with Lucine could've been stitches tearing. Everyone was acting like he wasn't there...were they only interested in fear? Or did they expect him to kill himself and save them the trouble?

------------------------------------------------------

Avaritia sighed. "Gula. Ira. Acedia. Invidia. You disappoint me." He thought aloud. "Oh, Luxuria. What would you say if you were here?"

He shook his head and straightened up. "I will return soon." He said picking up on a mind message.

----------------------------------------

It was Superbia who had sent out the mental call. This was getting utterly ridiculous. These beings below her were certainly not acting like the living despair of six brave heroes. They were acting like, like...

"Children." Avaritia finished aloud, descending down to Superbia's level.

"I think it's revolting that they can stomach acting like this. I mean after all we went through with our humans..." Superbia said wistfully.

Avaritia's eyes gleamed. "I too, am losing patience with these pathetic hunting methods. Only Ira has done truly as I have asked."

"Unusual for Ira. Invidia has been observing mostly, not really getting involved in Gula and Acedia's shenanigans. Her preferred method is always watch and wait." Superbia replied softly.

"True, but she hasn't been doing much else besides that. I need to intervene, now."

Spontaneously, a ring of fire erupted around the gathering of unconscious humans and playful Knights as Avaritia addressed them from on high.

"Gula. Acedia. You disappoint me with your childish games, even Ira outshines you now! Have you truly forgotten our purpose in life?" His six eyes gleamed malevolently. "Invidia. I'd have preferred you have been more active in the pursuit, but never mind. Just remember that observation means nothing to us, if even one human remains alive. Ira. You, like Invidia have been doing your job much more competently then the other pair. Not perfectly per se, but nevertheless, not to the point of total asinine absurdity. As has Superbia.

I shall end this now!" The black knight evaluated his comrades, floating alongside Superbia in the sky.

--------------------------------------------------

Dragon was intrigued. This Avaritia character was something special. He seemed a lot stronger. If he'd have had tangible eyes, he'd have narrowed them.

------------------------------------------------

However Avaritia didn't get the chance. The ground began to shake for David, just like before, when they'd arrived here. David looked around, eye returning to brown, as, all of a sudden, there they were, in the real world once more, with each of the other people beginning to come to their senses. "Lucine?" David asked, bending down to where her slumped form was, whilst looking over at the others, whose names he did not know, to see if they were alright as well.

Gula let out a sharp gasp. Admittedly, he'd been expecting the sudden appearance of Avaritia, but for him to be angry at Gula more than anyone (well, he was mad at Acedia, too, but what did that even matter?)... That just wasn't fair. It wasn't him. "At least I hurt a human, right? At least I was attacking her! I was testing my footing!! And then, I ran into Ira, who was doing a terrible job of dealing with the group he had, and then the others, especially your precious Superbia, appeared and made things more complicated!!" Gula felt tears of rage sting his crimson eyes, but he was too much on a roll to stop and listen to the (mostly stupid) things coming from his mouth. "I know she's your favourite!! I know you don't like the rest of us, I, I..." he paused to think, but upon finding nothing, he merely tossed his scissors aside and teleported away, his disappearance becoming lost between the humans leaving so suddenly as well.

((Oh Gula, you so childish <3))

Runa held up her hands. "Whoa, whoa, just hold on a minute!" She looked at Wraith Knights, and the other humans. "Who are you people? And why are you trying to kill us? Oh God, don't tell me you're some sort of Angels of Justice...is this because I beat up that jock? It was in self-defense, I swear! Besides, it's not like I hospitalized him! I went easy on him, because I was tired!"

Ira glared at Gula. "I was doing a perfectly fine job, before you showed up!" His red eyes were practically glowing with fury, and he snapped, "I don't even know why I bother putting up with your childishness!"

Edited by Techno_Elf

((Oh. Let's say that she yelled all that before they teleported away, then. :3))

Acedia opened her mouth and begun to sing softly to Lucine, just then Avaritia appeared and openly told them he was upset with her and Gula. Superbia spoke up and Acedia immediately figured out who had tattled, "Snitch!" Acedia hissed, though Acedia could never be Ira mad, when she got mad at someone, she got mad. "You guys are the worst!" Acedia's eyes clouded with tears at her 'older sister's' betrayal she raised her hand and was soon gone as well.

Edited by mipuppy1

Avaritia pinched the brow of his helmet. "They'll be back. As we all recall, the shifts are sporadic. We may not know when, or where, but we do know they will return some time. Be ready." He sighed and turned to Ira and Invidia. "Be on standby, but go on and get some rest." He said, concern in his voice, before turning back to Superbia.

"Those two..." He said, at a loss for words, as he and Superbia glided away.

"Our fate is a terrible one. We cannot fully blame them for desiring pleasure." Superbia said soothingly.

"Aye, but when that 'pleasure' interferes with, and even puts into jeopardy our only purpose... I cannot turn a blind eye." Avaritia rebuffed firmly. "I look at them and I remember Kaoru and Ayano. And it hurts. I love Gula and Acedia as my family. But still...seeing them act so human hurts. I wish..." He sighed. "I just wish I could see them complete just once more. Gula AND Kaoru, for example."

Superbia let out a sigh of concern. "They do need to take this seriously. I've seen Gula sob over Kaoru's memory. How would he feel if his and Acedia's shenanigans could mean Kaoru died for naught?" Superbia gazed at Avaritia.

"We may need to talk to them about it. Acedia especially acts too young for conventional means to work. I'm a magician. I'm a leader. I don't know how to be a father as well" Avaritia sighed in defeat, almost as if he were about to cry.

Superbia sighed devotedly as she looked up into Avaritia's wet eyes. "It's alright... I'll help you as best I can..."

((Oh and that 'tattling' was done using the telepathy part of Avatritia's psychokinesis))

Acedia stared at Ayano's reflection in the mirror, "It wasn't my fault! It wasn't..." Acedia sniffled, tugging at her red scarf,

Red is the color of a hero, did you know that?

It was awfully hot wasn't it?

I should give this to you shouldn't I then Muffin?

Back then, Acedia had allowed Ayano to call her cute little pet named that probably would have annoyed anyone else, but the way Ayano said it... So full of affection, it just made Acedia want to please her so much. "Besides, those humans were just like you, they went through so many hardships in life too, and if I had to kill you... I'd want to do it so you wouldn't..." Acedia rubbed her eyes gently with her hand smearing the tears around so they would dry faster, she was careful not to rub out the brown contacts.

Acedia looked up as a female human walked into the bathroom. Oh. Right, she was in the human world. She tightened the scarf around her neck, it was poorly made and itchy, but it was Ayano's first and Ayano had made it for her.

Acedia went back to her table, a stack of plates and a empty chair stared back at her, other customers had watched her opened mouthed, not believing and girl like her could eat so much and so fast. Humans. Didn't they know it was rude to stare? The waiter arrived with the bill, "Oh. I don't have any money." Acedia explained, the waiter nodded, smiled then walked away, well he took that well.

Acedia was about to leave the restaurant when something grabbed her arm, squeezing hard, she swore she would have bruises. She looked up and smiled, "Yes?" She asked sweetly trying not to panic.

"Miss, come with me."

Runa groaned. She was back in her world now, and she had no idea if the previous experiences were real or not. Looking around, she noticed that the other three people were next to her. Figures. Nothing ever went her way. She wished that it was just a figment of her imagination. She knew that she couldn't talk to anyone about her situation; but it wasn't like anyone would believe her. She didn't even have friends, for crying out loud!

[i'm going to assume the wounds transfer between worlds - considering the source of them. Also Acedia stole the part of Chastity's memory involving the scissor stabbings... that seems the most likely worry that was eased.]

Chastity was confused by events. First she'd had an episode - briefly feeling all the pain of the crash.

Then she'd somehow ended up lying on the street. She couldn't remember how she got there - at least not clearly.

There was a red world with a black moon..... I moved in that world. Something else happened there.... but I can't picture what. The Inverse Plain seemed like a dream - details slipping away like mist.

She frowned as she slowly sat up, trying to work things out. I was running from someone....I heard singing.... then I must have blacked out...

She winced as she pressed a little too heavily on one of her arms.

Puncture wounds were dotted down the upper arm, What the.....?

"How? What?..." Chastity muttered upon seeing them.

[Perhaps those injuries could be proof that whatever happened was real.]

((@Mipup: Oh wow. First Wraith Knight in the human world award goes to Acedia~

@Takhesis: Yup, wounds carry over))

(She doesn't steal them, per se, more like suppresses it so that when they wake up, (and its not the memory, just the fear or anger itself) the closer they are to almost dying the happier, it's easier for Acedia to seal the least heavy and recent worries first, then she gets deeper and deeper and eventually she can seal the memories that caused the Phantasm, for a amount of time. It will all come back though, depending on the person.)

(Yay! I'm waiting for some interaction with Acedia, her knight in shining armor could come or one of the humans can see her and think, Oh wow she looks exactly like that girl that almost murdered me! (But with less frills and curls.)

Edited by mipuppy1