Millennium07

Kage no Kagami ~The Shadows in the Mirror~

David placed his hand over Lucine's on her cheek, to steady her trembling and shifted his arm to her waste to steady their weight. It was quite an odd feeling, but a nice one all the same. If eternity could be crammed into this moment, he'd be happy.

((I know <3))

Edited by Millennium07

Lucine slowly pulled away, looking into David's eyes. She was trying to steady her breath. Her face was flushed deep red from the kiss. She rested her head against his shoulder.

David took a deep breath to steady himself as brought a hand up and stroked Lucine's hair slowly, holding her to his chest. Just...standing there, contented, but unsure of what to say.

[Ooopsies - I think Chastity's due a surprise....]

Having moved into the area Hisao had indicated to practice with the bow, Chastity first tested the bowstring - after all, she needed to be able to pull it back to fire any arrows...

She wasn't sure whether her earlier suggestion would be taken up - after all Hisao could be rather vague and random.

Picking a tree as a target, Chastity tested the weight and pull of a notched arrow. As long as she kept the bow straight and pointed at the target she should hit it.

This string is really hard to keep taut for long....

Lucine breathed a content sigh. "Wh-why did you kiss me?" She asked, stuttering a bit. "T-that was great."

"...I'm not...I can't really explain it." He stammered back breathlessly. "But then, I didn't think a guy needed a reason to kiss a beautiful girl he's got a good rapport with?" He laughed slightly, before becoming serious. "I think I might be falling in love with you." He mused. "B-but yeah, it was..." He said, clearing his thought in an attempt to dispell the euphoria.

Edited by Millennium07

Gula found himself in a strange world of white. He wasn't sure he liked it; the brightness greatly contrasted what he was used to, so he allowed himself to fade from view. He took off down the hallway, pleased to be ignored by the official-looking humans.

He followed his intuition, and soon found himself out in the lovely, bright human world (that was not the awful white), watching a girl with a bow. He gazed at her, stunned. Archery? Nice. He didn't really know of anyone that could... heyyyy. It was his human! His face elongated into a large grin, and he walked over to stand beside her, gazing contentedly at her face. Oh, how he loved to hate that pretty, human face! He bent down and picked up one of the arrows to inspect it. They were fairly sharp for practise arrows. He tossed it joyously, watching as it tumbled directionlessly in the air. He almost laughed when it hit the ground, previous dilemma gone from his mind.

----

Kazuto turned to say something to the girl, anything, but she'd already gone. Did she call that boy 'Gula'? So, was it not Kaoru? Was it Kaoru using a new name? Was he trying to pretend 'Kaoru' didn't exist? Besides all of that, why on earth did he wish to be called the latin for 'gluttony'? He frowned, turning back to Runa.

"Sorry about that," he said, leaning back onto the door of his car. "Just saw a... a friend."

"I think I'm falling in love with you too." Lucine smiled and gave him a quick peck. "See you tonight." She turned around and walked to her door, waving at David before heading inside. Once the door was closed behind her she pressed her hand to her heart, she wanted to tell somebody and she knew there was one person she could talk to, Hisao. She knew she would regret it but she was bursting with excitement. Quickly she fished out her phone, dialing her therapist.

David smiled lulzily as he walked away, occasionally laughing to himself as he walked. He had a spring in his step as he passed a scaffolding, taking note that part of it was swaying dangerously in the breeze. However as he was walking, he felt an intense pain in his head. "Hurgh!" He frowned as he felt something force itself through his eyes. He could see the scaffolding break free and bury him.

Snapping his eyes open, he immediately dashed forward, just in time to hear the crunch that heralded it's fall. "I can get these...in the real world too?" He asked aloud, getting to his feet and continuing his walk home.

Getting in, he threw his coat off and made straight for the balcony, drinking in the fresh air from high above the city. "What a day!" He laughed to himself, touching his lips and recalling the feeling if Lucine's pressed against them. He could barely contain himself as he watched the skies darken.

-------------------------------------------------

"Are you sure you're alright?" Hisao asked as he held the phone to his ear, talking to an unknown individual. "Recover your strength. You'll need it. Take care of yourself, Elodie." He said, hanging up. However just as he was about to go talk to Chastity, his phone rang again. "Hello?" He asked, checking the caller I'd, curiosity piqued.

Edited by Millennium07

((Well...I read through all that...))

Runa cocked her head when Kazuto ran off. Shrugging, she decided to just walk. It was a nice day out. Humming a soft tune to herself, she saw one of those Wraith Knights run past her, and then another. They were gone in a matter of seconds, making her wonder if she had imagined them. Staring blankly into space, she saw a few children staring at her. She twisted her head around to glare at them, but they screamed and ran away as soon as they saw her eyes. Typical kids. Sighing, she wished that she had never had this anomaly. She wished she hadn't even been born.

((Alicorn is being awfully quiet. Meh.))

((Sorry TE ;_;))

Kazuto stared. And stared some more. And continued to stare. She was gone. He felt like kicking the car, but being more mature than that, he simply climbed in and sighed, laying down on the plush seats. It was comforting to pull pistols out from under the seats and slide them back into his jacket. After a pause, he lifted himself up to look at the smartly-dressed chauffer.

"Just drive me home, alright?"

"Alright, Mister Kitakawa." The pace was slow and gentle, he didn't even want to look at anyone on he pavement, so he rolled over. He felt like crying, but he couldn't find anything to cry about. Around six months ago, he was happy. Now, he'd already annoyed some girl into storming off on him. Well. He didn't blame her; he'd been an absolute gentleman after all. He smiled bitterly into his arms. What was he thinking? It was better if he was on his own. He knew how to look after himself, not only being armed with guns and fire, but basic self-defence training, too.

Kazuto...

"Shut up and leave me alone," Kazuto snarled, though he knew that would provide no help at all.

You're such a miserable kid, huh? Lonely l'il Kazuto, rich but no friends~ Manticore laughed childishly.

"I hate you." The driver turned back to stare at his young master, but his face was hidden in his arms, the noises he made muffled. It was possible he was just sleeping, but... this was Kazuto. The driver turned back around, typing a concise message to the tyrant of the computing industry;

'Young Master Kazuto seems greatly upset... maybe you could talk to him, Mister Kitakawa? Yours, Driver 0867'

----

Gula frowned. Multiple Phantasms were around; two signatures getting further away, but there were two. Right. Here. The older man of the two was looking distant, and he was irritated to be ignored, but he didn't say anything, instead grabbing most of Chastity's arrows and tossing them a good deal away down the court. He watched the thin sticks clatter to the ground with glee, but still didn't make any sounds to note his presence.

Chastity was too absorbed in her archery practice - getting used to the feel of the bow and trying to get the string tension right to notice Gula's arrow playtime.

Though that didn't stop part of her mind messing with her. Shadow Wraith had noticed Gula and was trying to get Chastity's attention - but since this was the human realm and not the Inverse - it couldn't yell loud enough.

It was only when Chastity reached for another arrow that she realised they'd been scattered.

Did I already fire that many?... I'm sure I haven't... Chastity started to collect them. Wait its not that windy either.....

[Time for Gula to jump out? Just as she's realising the wind couldn't do it?]

Gula's bright red eyes faded into view. He didn't like to be ignored.

"Hey, girl! Why are you ignoring me?!" He allowed his entire body to become visible, and in a cloud of strange, dark smoke, a large pair of scissors appeared in his hands. His large pair of scissors. His hand clasped around the handle, and his smile grew. "Well, there'll be no worry of you ignoring me for long," he added cheerily, cutting off a few strands of her blonde hair.

----

Kazuto sat up as the driver called that he'd arrived home at last. He nodded at the driver, whose name and number he did not recall, and walked very slowly towards his large, mansion-size home. The white-and-cream colourscheme was a bit to basic for the blonde's liking, and he prefered to sit in his own room, bare as it was, because the walls were not the same cookie-cutter style as all the others. At the very least, his walls were a soft, baby blue as opposed to the pale creams of the other walls, (well, there was some variation, but in a house with over thirty rooms, that's to be expected, right?) but Kazuto didn't care much for details.

"Kazuto," a deep, baritone voice. One that Kazuto knew well, but one so distant it was almost nostalgic. He span around, icy eyes wide.

"F-father?!" He spat.

Edited by Celestial07

Acedia stopped and started tried to sniff out Gula, there were so many smells Acedia just wanted to plug her noise, she finally got Gula's scent, it was fresh and she followed the trail. Acedia closed her eyes, it was easier to smell him that way without the sights to distract her, Acedia smelled a female, did he have a girlfriend or something? She smelled a Phantasm, then something hit her nose and smashed her face, Acedia's eyes snapped open she had slammed into Gula, "Hey... That dude seemed really upset." Acedia informed him before spotting Chastity.

Runa looked up as a car rolled past. She recognized it as Kazuto's. Smiling a little, she sped into a sprint, tapping on the window and waving. Thank goodness the car wasn't trying to break the sound barrier or anything.

[Heehee Gula and Acedia - now this is getting interesting.]

Chastity jumped as Gula manifested from apparent thin air. Him and a huge pair of scissors.....

This seems familiar..... That's because it is you idiot!

Her eyes grew wide as the last memory barrier smashed and it all came flooding back. The wounds on her arm were inflicted by those things....

Thankfully, perhaps, someone else crashed into the scissor wielding Gula, before he'd had much of a chance to anything more than cut a few more strands of hair.

Not wanting to do anything to quickly, Chastity stepped back from the pair wondering where Hisao was....

[Distracted by Lucine's phone call lol - that was timing tongue.gif]

"Eh?" Gula turned. She was still there? Really? Well, okay then. Presuming 'that dude' meant Kaoru's friend, he really did not want to be thinking about that. He sighed. "Whatever. Humans are still humans, right?" He paused, glancing at Chastity. "However lo~vely they are, right?" He turned his full attention back to her, nudging her with his scissors. "Amirite?"

----

"You understand, Kazuto? You have to uphold the family's honour," Kazuya Kitakawa explained to his son, wizened face still with concentration. He stared stonily at the boy in front of him, who was also still but there was a melancholy surrounding the usually feelingless boy.

"I understand. I apologize if I have done anything to endanger the business," Kazuto replied quietly. He was ignoring his father, thoughts turning to his car journey. Hadn't there been a tapping at the window? Yeah... Of course. He sighed. He should call her. There'd been an ache in his chest since then. It hurt to be cold to people, closing himself off and making them avoid him was just easier.

"...Kazuto," his father's eyes were steady, but his face had softened slightly. "You had a friend, didn't you? A... a..."

"Kaoru. Yeah, what does he have to do with it?" Kazuto snapped, eyes narrowed.

"Well, I heard he vanished a while ago, that's all. Your mother, as well-"

"My mother has nothing to do with it," Kazuto's eyes were full of hate. "She died years ago, it's not even relevant anymore."

"Kazuto, she's..." Kazuya gazed at his son. All of the lost time he hadn't spent with the boy came back to him, and he sighed. Whatever became of this secretive boy was his own fault, and he supposed at the end of it all, it would hurt him. "Never mind. Look after yourself, Kazuto."

"Sure. Have a nice evening, too, father," Kazuto spoke fluidly, but he left as quickly as he could and stormed through the bleak corridors, reaching into his jeans pocket. He lifted the tiny piece of paper in his hand and tugged out his phone from the other pocket. He typed in the number with a restless thumb, gently pressing the phone to his ear.

"C'mon Runa," he said quietly. "Answer me."

Chastity couldn't really argue with Gula's statement.

"Humans are humans... from a certain perspective." She replied, shifting to avoid the sharp pointy end of Gula's scissors, she didn't really feel like getting poked full of holes.

She wondered where things were going and how did these Wraith Knights cross over? Though the last time she asked a similar question of Gula - the scissors came out in full force....

"Kaoru was a human, Ayano was a human..." Acedia whispered, just loud enough so the two could barely hear. Then Gula called Chastity pretty, and Acedia had to admit the girl was, but that didn't stop the red-hot flash she felt as her brown contacts melted away to reveal scarlet eyes, Acedia stepped next to Gula and hugged his arm with her left arm rather protectively. Mine

"Hm?" Gula looked down at Acedia in surprise. Kaoru was a human, that was true. Except he was amazing, he was more than human. Ayano, too, from what little he still had of her, was lovely. He gazed at Acedia for a while, surprised at her sudden maturity. If she was more like this and less... Acedia... all the time, maybe they'd get along more. He turned his head slightly, black hair falling past his eyes. "Humans are a lot of things, it's true," he spoke this time to Chastity. "But more than anything, they are complex. A little bit of everything goes into them. They aren't anything but themselves. Y'know?"

"I think I understand what you're getting at." Chastity said slowly - wary of the red eyes that showed on Gula's companion. Possibly more scared of those than the scissors - after all her memory seemed to indicate that she'd managed to avoid them before.

"Experience shapes them inside - without really altering their outsides..."

Chastity still wished Hisao would show - after all he knew more about these than she did.

Runa jumped from her cozy seat on the couch. She was halfway through a movie, and now her popcorn was all over her and the rug. Grumbling, she grabbed her phone and answered it, managing to save it from smashing into a million little pieces just in time. I should really change this ringtone, she thought to herself. She'd gone almost two years without changing her ringtone from Hatsune Miku's Melt. Snapping back to reality, she held the phone up to her ear and snapped, "Whoever thus is, it better be good. You just cost me three hours of meticulous carpet-cleaning."

Lucine had walked upstairs to her room as she waited for Hisao to pick up. "David kissed me! We were outside my house hugging and then he kissed me!"

"Carpet cleaning?" Kazuto frowned. Carpet cleaning. Alright. He considered offering to pay for it, but nope, she could do it herself. "Sorry about that. It's Kazuto." He added, likely unnecessarily. He paused again. He was way too prideful to straight up apologize, and then he didn't even know if she was mad. This was a bad idea, wasn't it? He flicked himself in the forehead as if to clear his thoughts. "How's your leg?" he asked suddenly. Did she walk all the way back to her house? That was idiotic. Not that he was going to say that to her. Oh, and he should probably also offer to meet up with her if they went back to the Inverse Plain. Did phones work there? He wasn't sure. This was so awkward. So. Awkward.

He'd apologize and get off the phone, he supposed. Then he'd order his next shipment of artillery and stare at the dark ceiling until sunrise. Yup.

----

"You think so? Humans are really interesting. Like... like rabbits. No, not rabbits," Gula's moment of sadness had gone, and now his eyes were sparkling. "And no," he added, turning to Acedia. "Not cats, either," he then turned around, dragging his scissors slowly down his human's arm. He liked blood, it had a nice colour, he mused.

"Oh! Can I have your name? That might be fun, to know each other's names," Gula said brightly. He wasn't sure killing a human in the human world was necessarily the right choice and so he was stalling. He should probably head home, soon. "I'm Gula, or Chimera. You could call me either, blondie!"

Hisao spit out his coffee. "What? David? As in, David, not Dragon? Holy crap, he must really like you to do that so boldly. Congratulations! I'm so happy for you both!" Hisao said without a hint of teasing in his voice.