deadnotsleeping

Sphaera Project

Should we have a Uncommon/Rare only Sphaera Line?  

98 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I'm in support of a rare/uncommon line. However, I think you should have a new sign up form for the rare/uncommon line so if somebody doesn't have a rare or uncommon, they wouldn't sign up. Problem solved.

@stellalala:

Well, not exactly. The main purpose of the new line(s) is to shorten the waiting time for all people already on the list. If we just open a second list now, it wouldn't do much about that.

And I think everybody can bring up a single CB uncommon relatively soon. If there should indeed be someone who is up and doesn't have any, I'm sure between all the members of the project we should be able to catch and send this person a single CB uncommon relatively fast.

@deadnotsleeping:

How about taking holiday dragons into the Rare/Uncommon line ? Even if it isn't their time of year, they can still produce offspring, just not of their own breed. (Or are they included in the "rares" ?)

I'll give more thought to the list of uncommons when I have more time, at the moment I'm in a bit of a hurry.

Greetings,

Lantean_Pegasus

I would say that having 4/5 lines going around would be a bit rough? I wouldn't know where to begin with dividing the list so its even.

<snip>

i could make a list of what I think some good uncommons would be, and everyone else can weigh in?

IM thinking:

black, Black cap, tea, bleeding moon, copper, red dorsal, bright pink, hellfire, Lumina, Nebula, Olive, purple, pillow, red, ridgewing, both royals, Seasonal, Speckles, striped, sunrise/sunset, sunsong, trihorn, tsunami, dark green, white, and then the rares.

anyone want to add some, or contest the uncommon status?

I think two lines is plenty. Otherwise it would get too confusing.

If we want a rare/uncommon lineage the second one you just started will do nicely for that, I think. I am not sure that all the ones you have listed as uncommon really are truly uncommon, but none of them are blocker common at least. wink.gif I assume you would include the trio and just were considering them as rare. Same with Blusang? What others are you including in rares?

I think with all the dragons that you have listed as uncommon there should be no problem with everyone having at least one CB of those. If anyone who is on the list doesn't have any, I agree with Lantean that we should be able to see that they get one if they let us know before their turn comes up.

ah otl sorry. the rares I was talking about are the ones listed on the dragon cave wiki

here

but Lantean was right, i forgot about holidays. they would also be welcome

I pulled my "uncommons" from that list too, I didnt want them to be to hard to find, but also I didnt want them to be too common, you know?

Okay I kind of need to say something about the Corona name... It reminds me of beer and honestly I think it's the least attractive of the offered names. Seeing as I'm the start of this line I feel I should have a say in this. I don't like Corona, I don't want a dragon named after a beer.

From the given suggestions I like Orbit and Vortex. I think I prefer vortex. But may I ask specifically why we can't use sphaera for this second line as well?

From the given suggestions I like Orbit and Vortex. I think I prefer vortex. But may I ask specifically why we can't use sphaera for this second line as well?

well, vortex might be the name of the 3rd line, so its on hold.

well, I was thinking, and Lantean picked up on it, that people might want to crossbreed the dragons, so I didnt want to start around another egg from the same parents. So, i had figured that would rule out the Sphaera name, since they arnt from the same starter dragons.

So i figured we would ne another name

but if you think we should just keep all the lines Sphaera, I think that could be okay.

well, vortex might be the name of the 3rd line, so its on hold.

well, I was thinking, and Lantean picked up on it, that people might want to crossbreed the dragons, so I didnt want to start around another egg from the same parents. So, i had figured that would rule out the Sphaera name, since they arnt from the same starter dragons.

So i figured we would ne another name

but if you think we should just keep all the lines Sphaera, I think that could be okay.

put a number after saphaera for the 2nd and 3rd lines, "Saphaera2"

Yea I prefer that all the lines be Sphaera. We don't have to use the same parents, but this is the Sphaera line and I think they should all keep the name

If we do use numbers we should make them roman numeral so they look nicer. Like, I could name mine Otodag Sphaera II

Edited by Cecona

Cool, I named the baby. I'm thinking I might breed him with my female bleeding moon, or maybe my female water dragon.

I'm still waiting for feedback on whether we're going to be trying a rare/uncommon line, or something.

idk lots of people wanted to join, not so many people want to be active

I don't have any CB rare females. I don't know if I have any CB rare males.

Just realized my female tsunami is CB. I always loved the blusang/Tsunami pairing so that's what I'm going with. And mine has an awesome code. My female tsunami's code is KGirL

Edited by Cecona

I'm still waiting for feedback on whether we're going to be trying a rare/uncommon line, or something.

It's always like that. rolleyes.gif

My vote goes for trying the rare/uncommon, since the list of uncommons you came up with has some dragons that are fairly easy to get so most people should have something they can use.

As long as you don't require rares an "uncommon " line would be fine, but might move slower as rares and some uncommons produce eggs less frequently

Making an announcement/question to the first post or adding a poll might help-- I never read through a whole lineage thread , but often check the first post for updates----

how do I add a poll???

Go to the front page and look above or below the first post. Look for a red button that says Add a Poll

My blusang gendered correctly, I really hope he doesn't refuse to breed with my tsunami.

Yea, blusang/tsunami is one of my favorite pairing.

absolutely you can Join Hazel360 welcome

I think we settled on Just Sphaera II for now. I'll contact DarkshinyLugia on which of the other proposed eggs they'd like to take to start the third and final line.

It seems like waverunner is a strong gene

Edited by deadnotsleeping

Hello everyone !

I'm sorry for not chiming in in the discussion during the last few days, but I was quite busy.

I just wanted to line out the current time schedule of the eggs going round:

Sphaera I - 18 weeks gap - Sphaera III (if it starts at DarkshinyLugia in the next few days) - 10 weeks gap - Sphaera II - 3 weeks gap - Sphaera I again

@deadnotsleeping:

I would be fine with these times, but I'm not sure if the "attention span" of an online game in general can handle a wait of 4 and a half months...

We could try and "delay" Sphaera I a bit (say, about half a week to a week per user, between the dragon growing up and breeding it), widening the 3-week-gap and shortening the 18-week one, until we have a more equal amount of time. Downside would be that the first complete cycle of line I would take quite a bit longer that way.

Or you could wedge in a fourth line in the middle of the 18 weeks, making it a 9-9-10-3 tact.

But this is just me throwing thoughts out for perusal, I would understand fully if you didn't want any further changes/confusion.

Greetings,

Lantean_Pegasus