deadnotsleeping

Sphaera Project

Should we have a Uncommon/Rare only Sphaera Line?  

98 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Like really any hybrid, but it would happen randomly.

well if one half of what makes a hybrid is what i get when it comes to me, i'll choose the other half of the hybrid so i can possibly give the next person a hybrid, but there are a few people before me!

absolutely possible, RulenneClarissa. welcome!

this is getting so long, im wondering if we should start another egg around. it'll be months before the new people even get to participate and i feel really bad

Edited by deadnotsleeping

absolutely possible, RulenneClarissa. welcome!

this is getting so long, im wondering if we should start another egg around. it'll be months before the new people even get to participate and i feel really bad

I bred Sietra with a Magi today for fun, so maybe we could use that egg if you like?!

@SilvorMoon:

Huzzah, a new Sphaera ! And I like the Nebula, a shame that he didn't push his genes through, the colour-change within the one species would have been cool. But I like the little Waverunner, too, so let's see what he/she will do. Perhaps the Waverunners have come to conquer the Sphaera line... laugh.gif

@new starting egg:

Well, almost six months (for the last people on the list) is quite a long time to wait. (Not to mention the 8 months till you get to breed a Sphaera again, once you had your turn.) On the other hand what is special about the Sphaera is the one circle...

So how about we start a "partner lineage" ? Use a CB starter egg, start a fresh lineage with its own name, and don't use any individual dragon in both lines. That way you could even breed the two lineages together, once you've got an offspring from both (without inbreeding).

A good starting point would probably be the middle of the still open list (so somewhere around Lindy), then working downwards. That way we have two eggs on almost opposite sides of the "circle" that can go round. (I'd say let's start at the bottom and work upwards, but then people joining after that would still have to wait for the first egg to finally come to them.)

That cuts the waiting time roughly in half. If that's still too long we could do the same thing with two new lines, each starting at about a third of the list (#1 is the Sphaera, #2 would start with Cecona, #3 with DarkShinyLugia); for a waiting time of 10 to 11 weeks till an egg comes round. Refusals or "no interests" excepted.

Personally, I'd prefer the 3 lines option, having a circle egg come around every three months would be nice.

Greetings,

Lantean_Pegasus

Edited by Lantean_Pegasus

thats a good idea, Lantean. to be honest I didnt think this little project would get so popular. any ideas for what the new egg name should be?

I also just bread a ice/brine egg that I was hoping would pop ice, if we want to use that? we could try to make it a "rare" breed line, maybe. or not, we could just use the egg.

I also just bread a ice/brine egg that I was hoping would pop ice, if we want to use that? we could try to make it a "rare" breed line, maybe. or not, we could just use the egg.

That might cause problems if the next person in line didn't have a CB rare to breed into the line. No problem with using that egg if you want to, but I wouldn't try to make it a "rare" line -- unless people sign up specifically for that line because they do have CB rares.

I agree with purplehaze - the new line(s) are supposed to go around the same list, and there might be people there who don't have CB rares. Plus, I don't know if the variety wouldn't be too limited with only rare species...

Of course we could use the brine egg, if you toss it in at the appropriate spot on the list. Would be a really beautiful start for sure ! Will you start a third line, too, deadnotsleeping ? Or leave it at two ?

As for names... Something related to Sphaera would be nice.

Orbit (from Latin "orbis" = circle)

Corona (Latin "corona" = garland or wreath around something, crown)

Vortex (Latin "vortex" = whirl)

Ecliptic (Ancient Greek term for the circular apparent path of the sun on the celestial sphere)

Circulus (Latin "circulus" = circle, ring)

I can do three, easy. I'm all about the cb dragons, lol.

I like Corona and Vortex for the second and third lines.

I have several eggs to choose from, if anyone has any particular intreste in which one starts:

A., B., C., or D.

Or I can keep trying, if someone wants to start out with like, an Autumn, or a breed only dragon.

(tho personally, i like the look of ice/brine and tidal/nebula)

I can see where the rares would be an issue.

Edited by deadnotsleeping

If we wind up going with Corona as a lineage name I'll have a slightly awkward time naming since I'm already using the term as a breed-specific gens nomen for the Imperial Fleshcrownes. (I guess if we wind up going with that one I could cheat by having my Corona contributions always be that breed....? tongue.gif )

More name ideas for your perusal:

Aphelion and Perihelion (the points in an orbit farthest/nearest from the sun or centerpoint)

Spira and Mirabilis (as in 'spira mirabilis', the 'marvelous spiral' found in a lot of natural phenomena)

...Possibly something related to a helix?

how about just Helix? Spira is also good. I snagged them for possible linage names, along with both Corona and Vortex, and I'll change what we dont use back to their original names.

I can do three, easy. I'm all about the cb dragons, lol.

I like Corona and Vortex for the second and third lines.

I have several eggs to choose from, if anyone has any particular intreste in which one starts:

A., B., C., or D.

Or I can keep trying, if someone wants to start out with like, an Autumn, or a breed only dragon.

(tho personally, i like the look of ice/brine and tidal/nebula)

I can see where the rares would be an issue.

I like the Trihorn x Tsunami combo and the Ice x Brine. I don't think it is a problem to start the lineage with a pair of rare dragons. Just don't require that it be continued with all rares.

okay yeah. i dont wanna put to many constraints on any of us, and Ive noticed that we're getting lots of new people as well, some who dont have any.

(i think the only line that doesn't look visually appealing is the bleeding moon/summer, but i was hoping it would come out as a fall.)

loving the idea of more lines! the ice and blusang(brine) is beautiful. The whole idea adds more activity to this whole idea!

I agree! 3 Lines would be lots of fun.

Personally though, I am in favor of a 'rare', or at least an uncommon line. If the next person in line doesn't have a rare dragon, they could just breed it with an uncommon dragon.

I'd choose B (Blusang x Ice) and C (Tidal x Nebula). They both look beautiful !

Plus, I like their names best. wink.gif Although "Helix" is nice, too.

If there are more people who prefer a rarer line, I think stellalala's idea is the best solution - make it an uncommon/rare line. That way it won't end up containing only a handful of dragon breeds, everybody will hopefully have a CB to contribute, and it would still be somewhat special.

You should make a list, though, what exactly constitutes a rare/uncommon, just to avoid any doubt.

Greetings,

Lantean_Pegasus

Maybe you have to re-sign up for the rare lineage? So it remains Rare? I like the Corona lineage smile.gif

Rotundus? Round

Pila? Ball

Edited by Deblob167

I would say that having 4/5 lines going around would be a bit rough? I wouldn't know where to begin with dividing the list so its even.

but we all seem to agree that the ice/brine is nice, so I'll send that one around starting at Cecona. So I'll message them about the egg.

I'm going to leave it at Corona for now, but If we change our minds, we can always just change the names.

@Deblob

while having a sign up specifically for a rare line would ensure that only people with rares to breed would be in it, i dont want t exclude anyone

Lantean and stellalala had a good point of rare/uncommon lines. i could make a list of what I think some good uncommons would be, and everyone else can weigh in?

IM thinking:

black, Black cap, tea, bleeding moon, copper, red dorsal, bright pink, hellfire, Lumina, Nebula, Olive, purple, pillow, red, ridgewing, both royals, Seasonal, Speckles, striped, sunrise/sunset, sunsong, trihorn, tsunami, dark green, white, and then the rares.

anyone want to add some, or contest the uncommon status?

Pygmy line?

its hard to work with pigmy and 2 headed dragons because they dont breed with others, and ther's not really enough for a true variety.

I just got my brine/ice egg, the start of the Corona line is official. I'll influence the egg to be male since I already have a female blusang (not CB) and breed him with one of my CB dragons when the time comes. Since it's considered an ER egg it won't be long before he hatches.

So like

Rare > Breed-only Dragons > Good Uncommons?

thats difficult to say, because some breed ony dragons need common parents.

otl maybe we shouldnt be putting this many breeding constraints on people?