XxDragonletxX

The Unknown Paradise

user posted image

His eyes fluttered open, revealing a misty blue. He had fallen asleep and was still hazy. He didn't want to think about what had just transpired. How he had just been shunned for lack of a better word. Was he really that frightening? Was he really that easy to turn away? He sighed. He did have to kill them... he just wasn't sure whether or not he wanted to go near that cave again. He had only really met adult dragons before but these hatchlings were just as wicked, if not more so. His tail flicked in discontent as he crawled out from under the bush. At least all those feelings were gone. It was more blank. Cool detachment and a slight disgust driving him away from making the same mistake. He just needed a bit more time to himself. Namiko headed for where a large river could be heard in the distance.

Chess slowly gets up and stretches and yawns, the flame flowing across her body. She giggles and grins and starts to watches the flames on her body, very interested int them.

((Sorry, KK.))

user posted image

Lotylyn paced around in fear. What was she going to eat? Turning around, she spotted the dead squirrel still lying on the floor, its fur still dried with blood. Her eyes gleamed, Clair didn't even bother to take a bite out of the kill and that meant... she could scavenge She padded forward to the squirrel, ignoring the stench of death as she ripped some flesh from the mammal and tried to swallow it down. She nearly gagged, spitting the peice of flesh out. 'What the...!?!' She now felt light-headed and dizzy, and shame flared up in her chest like a rising tide. First, she tried to scavange, then, tried to eat something that she couldn't even digest! What would be her meal now? 'Leaves.' She thought simply, sauntering over to a bush and quickly stripping the branches of the green goods until her belly was full. She glanced around and spotted Clair a few feet away from her. 'She came back!' She thought happily, her ears percking up as she raced towards the Spitfire.

"It is nice to meet you Xil" Lillith says softly, her tail flicking slightly as she looks at him, her head tilted to the side, "What kind of dragon are you? I haven't seen anyone like you before." She tries to make it sound as nice as possible.

Xil:

"What...what do you mean?" Xil turned his head to the side, looking at his tail and back legs. They looked normal, but...what if they weren't? Sitting down and pulling his front claws up to his face, he looked over them before glancing at Lillith's. He had red claws while she had hooves, but that was to be expected, right? She was a completely different dragon. That meant that there were other dragons that looked different, but if she hadn't seen any like him...

Xil shook his head and put his front claws down, trying to get himself under control. He shouldn't panic, it was fine. And...even if it wasn't fine, then he could pretend. And, if anyone figured it out, then he'd...do something.

Looking back at Lillith, eyes steeled, Xil decided to change the subject. "Never mind what I said, I was thinking out loud. Do you know where I can get something to eat?"

user posted image

Nate smiled at Kat, before taking the "brownie."

"Thank you! That looks brilliant." He said. He turned away and put it on a natural shelf in the cave. "There. Now everyone can see how beautiful it is!" He said as he turned back to Kat. He smiled, and paused a moment before walking out to go stand by Chess. "Hey you." He nuzzled her. "You should come see the adorable little "brownie" Kat made."

((Hey, sorry I've been gone! Show band competitions, homework and personal problems.))

Edited by skiddajane

Kat smiled and squealed, although it sounded more like a big mew. "Evako! Look! Look! I made a brownie!" Kat rushed up towards him. She noticed that Evako seemed...off. Strange, doesn't Evako usually smile and stuff? She thought. Although she had only known him for a few hours, she seemed to know much of Evako's personality. "Mew! Ev-a-ko!" She waved her tiny paws at him. Evako didn't seem to notice until after. "Oh. What is it?" The magi quickly broke trance and smiled, although he still seemed depressed.

((Ack. This characture named Kat keeps confusing me, because that is what I am called mostly.)) Clair looked around the woods, and finally spotted Lotylyn. She smiled happily, even more so when she raced towards her. "Lotylyn!" She exclaimed, wagging her tail a bit. She smiled down at the young hatchling. Clair seemed to always feel joyus, yet protective, around Lotylyn. 'It's like a sisterly feeling.' She thought.

user posted image

Lotylyn bounded over to Clair, her face betraying her excitment. She bumped her head up against the Spitfire's shoulder and turned to her, her face beaming. "Where have you been?" She asked, her brow furrowing as her face twisted into several emotions: shock, joy and hurt. She wondered why Clair was acting that way back then... so... violent..? It even scared Lotylyn to think about it again. She bumped her head into Clair's shoulder again.

~_~_~

user posted image

The Blusang whimpered and squirmed inside the dark walls, her scales brushing up against the black that confined her. She felt alone, abandoned and scared, this time, the two figures that lumbered outside the darkness weren't there anymore. It seemed like hours since she waited. Waited for the comfort of the creatures outside as they warmed her. She felt squished up against the walls of her home as the cold clasps an icy claw around her heart, forcing her to cough and lash out with her front paws. She strikes the sides of her home, her blunt claws scraping uselessly against the dark walls and making small scratch marks. Again and again, until the cracks in the wall form into a spinning web witch shakes and crumbles, giving way. Light seeped into the egg-shell, momentarily blinding the Blusang as she squinted her eyes against it and quickly adjusted. She slowly crawled out, her eyes taking in the world around her. A vast stretch of tiny rocks spread out before her, pale and creamy in color, beyond it lay the biggest ocean that she had ever seen. Swirling with fish and sparkling blue as the sun slowly sunk over the horizon, setting everything ablaze. This was her home.

((She's at the beach, by the way.))

((I'll have Avio interact with the blusang))

Avio sighed. Yep. I'm definitely lost. Definitely. He had no idea where he was, and everything seemed to be the same. I really want to flip a table right now. Whatever a table is... The white was completely frustrated on where he was even going. Yet he continued on walking towards the random path of the forest, never resting until he could actually find his birthplace.

He suddenly stopped, and felt something weird. What is this? It feels weird and "soft" for some reason... Avio wasn't used to walking on...well...new things. I hope its harmless... He sighed, and started to walk on it. His paws seemed to be sinking in a few centimeters, which made it...awkward. This feels very wet too... He thought. The white didn't like the feeling of that for some reason.

Hmmm...What's so interesting here? I hear something...clashing into each other...and...other creatures...T-there's obviously nothing...interesting...here... Avio made a sad expression. Ah, forget it. There obviously is something interesting here. He pouted. Argh...Y-you know what? Just forget it. Just walk, Avio, just walk. He thought to himself, and continued on.

Clair's smile faded a little. "Oh, I went back to the cave." Her smiled turned into an agitated frown. "We have yet another hatchling, it seems. Her name was Hailey, I believe." She wasn't excited about the new hatchling at all. Yup. Clair was back to her old self for sure.

Chess yawns and nuzzles Nate, her scales almost burning hot. SHe enters the cave and gushes at the creation Kat had made. "OMYGOSH!! ITS ADORABLE!" Her voice isn't loud at all.

Lillith watches him and smiles "Don't worry, Its not a bad thing. Theres no two same dragons here."

Evako stared at Chessayia admiring the tiny brownie Katerika had made. He was envious, but tried to hide it. He suddenly wasn't really feeling hungry anymore also. The magi also felt depressed, for some reason. Maybe I'll feel better if I'm alone for a bit... He thought, and quietly left the cave.

Xil:

Letting out a little "Hmph.", Xil stared at the ground, not wanting to talk about dragons anymore. Even if there were other dragons that looked completely different from each other, why would his appearance compel her to ask what dragon he was? Did he possibly look that different?

His stomach gurgled suddenly, surprising him with its sound and making him hop to his feet. The ache in his belly took his attention away from his appearance and he look up at Lillith. "Do you know where the entrance is? I'm kind of starting to get hungry..."

"Yeah follow me!" She smiles and stands slowly, but gracefully. walking towards the cave entrance, "And don't think you look very different, were all unique, I was just curious on your breed, I asked everyone the same thing." She flicks her tail.

Xil:

Xil gave no comment and followed her, putting all thoughts that didn't include food in the back of his mind. Maybe later he could sort it all out, but for now he was hungry and eating seemed like a good idea.

Xil:

"Um.." Xil tries to think of what exactly he wants to eat. As he steps out of the cave, the light blinds him for a second and he has to step back, blinking quickly. Shaking his head and flicking his tail, he moves forward back into the sunlight and looks up at his surroundings. After observing the setting that was outside of the cave, Xil turns back to Lillith and answers, "I think meat sounds good."

user posted image

She was hardly aware of the soft crunching of sand underneath someone's feat behind her as she stared in awe at the beautiful sight, transfixed by the water. It seemed to be calling her name, pulling her ever so closer. Her front legs seemed to have a mind of it's own as she shuffled closer. She pumped her developing wings furiously and made it a few inches into the air before she landed into the water with a distant 'plop'. She gasped as the water closed over her head. Bubbles closed in from everywhere and she was afraid that she had made the wrong choice. But breathing seemed to come naturally and so did swimming. She slowly floated back on top, her head popping above the surface of the water as she shook droplets of the liquid off. For a few moments, she floated on top of the water in peace before something silvery flashed past her in the water. Without thinking, she lunged, jaws agape as it closed over something wet and slippery, but her sharp teeth customed for fishing held it in place. She gave it a good hard shake, without trying to figure out what the creature was, she swallowed it down. Savoring the taste of flesh as it slid down her throat. The crunching noise got louder and more disturbing by the minute, and she had to turn around.

A white was trotting down the beach blindly as if he couldn't see. His face was screwed up in confusion as he made his way down, narrowly missing rocks in his path. The Blusang felt her blood freeze and all she could do was stare in shock and horror. What was she going to do? All she could do was look like a boring seagull floating along the water; she had never met anyone else before and she was afraid of this new experience. But his eyes were empty and blank, staring ahead. Something was weird about him, she knew that much. If she could just keep still...

"Alright." Lillith says as she slowly makes her way over to a bush, passing over it in one leap she leads little Xil to a rabbit hole, to small for her but big enough for him. "Their in there."

The White stopped for a moment to relax for a moment, and closed his eyes while doing so. He was wondering what all those sounds came from. Curious, he walked towards the sounds, only stopping until he felt something wet. Water...? He thought. He tasted it, curious to see what "water" tastes like. "...Pfftt!" He spat out the water, and tried to wash it off, only realizing after that all the water was salty, and flailed his paws around. "Gyhha!" He said as he fell and was instantly covered in sand. It felt weird, so he tried to get them off, although it took a lot of effort for him, since he didn't imagine that there were so many. "askagaffhfa!" He randomly shouted.

Xil:

Xil looked at the hole, wondering who 'they' are. Looking towards Lillith and then at the opening, he shuffled towards it and opened his mouth, long tongue slithering out and tasting the air. The scent was musky and warm, making his heart speed up. Forgetting about Lillith, Xil slipped into the hole, blinking his eyes to get accustomed to the darkness.

There was a shuffling ahead and he crawled further down the tunnel, mouth open to catch the smell of the thing deeper inside. He ignored a few branching tunnels that opened up near his sides and focused on what he was after, all thought on the living creature that moved ahead. Something tried to dart by him as another tunnel opened up on his left and he instinctively snapped his head around, jaws crashing down on the squirming thing. Xil jerked his head to the side sharply, making the thing squeak and then crack. It went limp in his jaws and he sat there for a second, wondering what to do.

Suddenly remembering that he had left Lillith without saying a word, Xil wiggled around and used the opening towards his left to turn himself around. It only took a few minutes to get back to the entrance and he slipped out of the hole, a ragged brown thing hanging out of his mouth.

((Once again, i'm sorry that I have been replying to your interactions rather slowly.))

user posted image

Lotylyn's happy expression faltered even the tiniest bit. What would Clair be doing at the birth cave? And why was she acting so weird? She swallowed down the last of her fear and turned to face Clair, her eyes bright. "We'll... you're here and that's all that matters to me right now." She slipped to the Spitfire's side. "So what shall we do next?"

~_~_~

user posted image

The hatchling flinched when the White started acting... rather oddly. She could hear the crunching of sand under his body as he rolled onto the ground and shouted random words. Why wasn't he paying attention to her? That was strange... she edged closer, her tail flicking in anxiety. Maybe he was speaking another language? Maybe she could communicate with him? But she didn't know how to speak his words- the best she could do was send say something and hope to get an accurate reply. "Haduskluka!" She shreiked. The words sounded odd to her, this was her first time speaking and she had this strange accent.

Edited by XxDragonletxX

Avio suddenly heard a voice that...said something weird. He stopped what he was doing entirely, and just turned his head towards the direction to stare at the voice. His face showed confusion, meaning "Ehhhhhh?" or something like that. His milky eyes blinked in confusion. What. What. What. What. What. WHAT. He thought repeatedly. "....Eeeehhhhhhhhhhhhh?" He finally replied. He wasn't exactly sure what to say. So he just stared at the other creature with his body and arms being covered with sand.

user posted image

The hatchling was scarcley aware of what the other said. All she could do was stare. The sight was enough to make one run; for a moment, she thought that the other hatchling was some kind of sand monster before she realized that it had replied and had its attention on her- but it still had this blank look in his eyes... her heart skipped a beat when she realized that he had said something. Maybe he heard her? And understood her? But she wasn't so sure.... she had to try again. "Kukuluko! Hi!" She chirped. The words sounded funny to her but she decided that she fancied it.

Edited by XxDragonletxX