XxDragonletxX

The Unknown Paradise

user posted image

Christine went deeper in the jungle. She then saw the maroon hatchling. She decided to follow him. She went silently behind him, hiding under thick bushes and undergrowth.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

user posted image

Meanwhile, Aracelis just woke up from his sleep. He looked at where Christine was supposed to be and found that she wasn't there. He panicked. 'Oh no! Where could she be?'. He thought of going and find her trail. However, he must leave something to let Christine know that he went out looking for her in case she ever returns. He thought of carving a message on a tree trunk nearby. He then went off after leaving his mark on the tree, hoping Christine would understand what it meant.

user posted image

Diamanté tilted his head, thinking about the hatchling's mixed-up words. Maybe he couldn't hear well? The hatchling thought some more. At first, he couldn't see well, so maybe this dragon couldn't hear well right now? Not to mention Diamanté had no idea where they were, other than a cave.

"I d-d-do n-no-t kno-w. I-i-am-m sorry-y-y. B-but I thi-i-ink we a-are in a-a-a 'cav-v-ve'."

Diamante made a sad face. He really was sorry. He wanted to help!

user posted image

The gray hatchling listened as intently as he could; even with the unique tone of the other hatchling's words, it was hard to hear them. Only a select few were clear enough for him and they didn't piece together very well.

-Not know?...Sorry?....But I....what cave? In cave? How...?-

Sniffing and blinking as he thought, the hatchling slowly pushed himself up so that he stood on all four legs, limbs trembling slightly. Hesitantly, he leaned forward so that his face was close to the other hatchlings, scarlet pupil less eyes scanning the gold and white dragon. After a moment, he opened his jaws and gurgled out some words, swishing his tail in the dirt.

"W-wehat es yuou? Yu...you en ciav...alone? Skept...I? Why?"

------------------------------

user posted image

The other hatchling had disappeared! It had startled Xil and he jerked his head up, the branches of the bush scratching his head uncomfortably. The Black Marrow had only just blinked and looked at the ground for a few seconds and now the other hatchling was gone. Curling his lips down in a frown, the fleshy hatchling swung his tail around in agitation and started to back out of the bush. He would have to try and find the other hatchling; they were the only ones around here and, even if they weren't friendly with him, he had to try something. What else was he going to do?

It took a few seconds for Xil to realize that he was stuck. The bush didn't seem to want him to leave and the branches were starting to really dig into his back and sides. Scrabbling at the dirt with his claws, trying to get a purchase in the dry ground, the Black Marrow's breathing started to quicken.

Am...Am I going to be stuck? Am I stuck?! Am I going to be stuck here forever?! I-I don't want to be stuck here forever! I-I need to get out!

Since he was small, Xil was not one of strength. Being only a day old dragon, his claws weren't as sharp as they could be and only beat at the sharp branches in vain. His withering around was shaking up the bush, but he was most defiantly stuck, which made him panic even more.

user posted image

Christine heard rustling behind her. She was curious as to what was making the noise. Maybe it was Aracelis looking for her. She ran towards the direction of the sound. She walked carefully as she was also frightened in case it wasn't Aracelis. She peered cautiously behind the bushes and saw a little hatchling the colour of marron. She thought that he looks stuck. She ran to help the poor hatchling. She unentangled the branches. "Hello, how are you? Did you got hurt?" she smiled at the hatchling. "I'm Christine by the way."

user posted image

Diamanté was unperturbed by the hatchling's stare and only smiled (or attempted to, not sure what he was doing, really!) when the hatchling pushed his face close. Maybe I can help after all? He listened carefully and attempted to put together the scrambled words in his own mind. It sounded like, 'What is you? You... You in cave... Alone? Except... I? Why?' He poked his small tail at an exposed patch of stone, thinking of a response. He attempted to stand as well and managed for a few moments.

"I a-am a-a dra-gon l-like yo-ou. I-I don't t-think we-e-e a-re alo-one... Dr-ragons, m-m-mayb-be, o-ver th-here? I th-hink we-e are-r-re he-ere be-ca-ause we we-ere p-p-put as e-e-egg-gs he-re befo-re we ha-t-t-ched, bu-u-t-t I do-o no-ot know-w-w fo-or sur-r-re."

He pointed with a small claw as he was speaking at the bright gold dragon (Zion) and the blue, purple, white, and off-white dragon (Soul) that were sleeping together, and fell back over in the process.

"Ma-abye the-ey a-are n-n-ot dra-a-agon-ns bec-c-cause wei-i-rd thi-i-ngs (I-I thi-ink the-ey are-e call-ll-lled 'wi-ings') ar-re on th-em? I do-o no-ot kn-ow. I-I do no-ot kn-ow-w ma-any thin-n-ngs tha-a-at i-i wi-ish to-o..."

He got back up and stood as firmly as he could. He would stand even if it would be the end of him! Well, maybe not if it was the end of him, but he doubted that it would be.

user posted image

-Dragons? Eggs? Wings? What these?...You are dragon? I dragon then?...mmmm...-

The gray hatchling blinked slowly as his mind processed the words the other spoke, tail twitching as he thought. He could feel his legs getting tired and tremble more, but he was focused more on this other hatchling and the world around him. After a second, he pulled back from leaning forward, back legs giving out so that now he was sitting, and raised his head to scan his surroundings, not exactly understanding the darkness, dirt and stones, or the other, motionless creatures around him. Since he didn't understand, he turned his gaze back to the other hatching, more interested in them than anything else. When he spoke this time, the gray hatchling tried to raise his voice, tongues opening and closing their own jaws as they got in the way of his words.

"Yu...knot knew thengs you weant knew? Es...how knew? Feind...owt, may be? I...heilp knew thengs...weth yu?"

-----------------------------------------------------

user posted image

Xil couldn't help but make a squawking noise as something started to move the branches around him, startling him into stillness for a few moments. The bush, however, soon loosed around him and he backed up, tail swishing around as he processed the words of his helper.

Once he turned his head and laid eyes on them, the Black Marrow recognized them as the hatchling he had seen before hand, the white skinned and green footed hatchling. Taking a few moments to catch his breath (a few seconds ago he had thought that he was going to be stuck there forever), Xil focused his black eyes on the other dragon.

"I'm, ah, fine, thank you. I didn't mean to get stuck, it just kind of...happened. Thank you...Christine. My...my name is Xil."

user posted image

Diamanté noticed the hatchling's tongues. He turned his head aside for a moment so that this other hatchling would not think that Diamanté was sticking his tongue out at him. He stuck his tongue out and was disappointed to only see one, without a jaw of its own. He put his tongue back in and turned his head back to the other hatchling, who had sat down in the meantime. His own legs were trembling with effort but he kept standing as well as he could. He listened to the other and sat when the other was done. It had sounded like the hatchling had said, 'You... not know things you want know? Is... how know? Find... out, maybe? I... help know things... with you?' Diamanté felt like cheering- this was helping not only the other but himself as well!

"S-sure! Th-h-at is-s a goo-o-od ide-ea! I-I alw-w-ways-s thi-i-nk tw-wo is-s bett-t-ter th-an one-e-e! Wha-at is-s-s your-r nam-m-me if-f-f you-u don-n-n't min-nd tell-l-ling-g me-e? I-I am-m Dia-a-amant-t-é, I-I thi-nk!"

user posted image

"Hi Xil! Oh, I forgot about my friend Aracelis. I think he'll be looking for me by now.", Christine said.

She blushed then turned towards Xil, "Well, come along. I want you to meet a friend of mine."

user posted image

Nathan slowly awoke. It felt like a long night, and he was well rested. He rolled over onto his back, and stretched out his wings. He felt something to his right. Chessayia.. His only weakness. The only thing that prevented him from tearing apart all the annoying younger hatchlings in the cave. Her kindness seemed to radiate around and affect him. Relax him. He relished these thoughts, and smiled as he turned over onto his side to face her. She was curled up into a nice little ball of fell flame resembling feathers. Beautiful.

user posted image

Chess felt the presence of eyes. And sunlight. The only dragon she could think of who would be staring at her would be Nate. And she was right. She leaned over and gently caressed him, and welcomed the returned nuzzle. "How did you sleep, Nate?" she asked him.

user posted image

Hailey felt the sun on her face, but it was not the reason she woke up. She heard voices. She didn't really much care for them, but now that she was awake, there was no way she was going to fall asleep again. She laid there, not quite ready for the day.

user posted image

Maer awoke next to Kiki. Her fluff in his face was enough to keep him sneezing for a good while. Then he remembered last nights events. Other dragons were going to think that he liked Kiki. He quickly scooted away from her and stood up in a corner, wondering what exactly he should do. Avio was among those who likely assumed they were "together" so Maer put him on his mental list of dragons to talk to that day.

Edited by skiddajane

user posted image

Christine, along with Xil, headed back to where she and Aracelis originally were. She pushed over the dense overgrowth of the jungle.

user posted image

Aracelis decided to go back. He didn't know where to look and was already tired. He turned and headed back towards the place where he and Christine camped for the night.

((Apologies for the lateness of this. xd.png I was too lazy. Oh ho!))

user posted image

The gray hatchling tilted his head at the now named Diamanté, narrowing his eyes in thought as he focused on the other hatchlings words. It still was incredibly muffled and was starting to make him question what exactly was going on. Really, he could have blamed it on Diamanté, with the idea that he was speaking too softly for him to hear, but there was the fact that his own voice was quieted as well. There was no reasoning, however, for why he just couldn't hear everything clearly.

At least he knew the gist of what Diamanté said.

"Miy...naime? I..."

But that didn't mean that the hatchling knew what Diamanté meant. Tilting his head up, scarlet eyes staring at the rocky ceiling, the hatchling's mind running the word 'name' around in his head. From how the other hatchling indicated his as 'Diamanté', a word that didn't seem to have meaning besides the white and gold being himself. So, after a few seconds of scrounging around with sounded, the gray hatchling turned his attention back on Diamanté.

"Miy neme es....Mae...Mar? Mairt? Mat? Matriss? Matrix?...Yis, miy naime es Matrix!"

The newly named Matrix nodded his head, tongues snapping closed as he pulled them back in from talking. He felt mighty pleased with himself at the moment.

-------------------------------------------------

user posted image

The Black Marrow hatchling followed behind Christine, keeping a respective distance from her as much as he could without being left behind. Xil had felt uneasy for awhile, still a little disoriented with the chain of events and the fact that he had woken up in the middle of nowhere. However, he soon got into a rhythm of a sort, glancing at the other hatchling every once in awhile to make sure that he was still following her. Xil didn't try to make conversation, keeping silent and wondering who her friend was and how they acted. He hoped that they were of a friendly sort, or at least knew where the cave was.

user posted image

Diamanté attempted to bounce and faceplanted onto the rock. Pushing himself back up again and shaking his head to clear it, he grinned broadly, fluttering his tiny wings that were barely there.

"Ma-atrix! I l-like it! Nice t-to meet you, M-matrix!"

Diamanté felt excitement bubbling in his chest. Outside his egg was exciting! He didn't ever want to go back! He already had a friend with a cool name, and... and then his stomach growled. He yelped, almost faceplanting again, and whipped his head around wildly, searching for the source of the menacing-sounding growl.

"W-what was... that?"

Then his stomach growled again. He felt gnawing hunger. He sat back and looked at his stomach in alarm.

"S-something inside me i-is growling! And... I-i think it's attacking me!!"

His voice became loud and positively shrill, like a panicked singer. He hadn't noticed that they were both getting better at speech yet.

user posted image

Christine headed back to the place in the jungle where she and Aracelis had camped. She looked up the sky. It is near midday already. Aracelis might be worried, she thought. That's when she saw a glimpse of a dragon with black shiny scales. Christine blinked. Could it be Aracelis was looking for her? She ran and caught up with the other hatchling, letting Xil catch up with her.

user posted image

Matrix tilted his head at Diamanté's antics, curling his lips into something akin to a smile. This was rather nice, being around another like him who seemed so happy. Even with all the stupid muffling effect around him.

However, when Diamanté started acting agitated, asking about something that was 'growling' and 'attacking' him, the gray hatchling was completely lost. He didn't hear anything that could possibly get the other dragon to react in such a way. The way that Diamanté's voice was getting a little more shrill with each second was starting to both make him nervous and irritated.

What was it that Diamanté was hearing that he couldn't? The other hatchling seemed to think that it was coming from his stomach as well.

Pulling himself up to a standing position, head up and alert, Matrix stared at Diamanté and tried to voice his concerns over all these antics.

"Es...yu hear growiling? Frem....es scary? Oir...bad? Ey.....I can't hear et." Tilting his head to the side, straining his ears just in case he wasn't paying enough attention, Matrix continued on, tongues flicking out as he spoke. "May-be....yu only hear et? Or...may-be I neot evr hear et? What es et if I nwot hear et end yu only hear et? What happin if et es dang--danger--dangerious?"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

user posted image

(Will be editing in Xil's later.)

user posted image

Even though Diamanté was scared, he politely stopped to listen to Matrix. That set him thinking. So Matrix didn't hear it. That probably meant it was definitely inside of him. He paused. Although the gnawing continued, he got this feeling that it wasn't attacking him. He felt like it was... well... wanting something, like when he had wanted more air and light. He considered. What did it want? His mouth had something... well... wet in it. His teeth ached, in a way, for something. He thought harder and harder. A word came to him. He was... hungry, which meant he wanted... He thought even harder. Food! Although he had no idea what that was, it made his mouth more wet to think the word.

"I think...."

he said, faltering a bit.

"I think... it is... um... hungry....? And hungry for... food!"

As he said 'it', he gestured to his stomach. After, he considered a bit. His throat felt dry. It, too, wanted something, then? He thought some more. Perhaps some wetness? He swallowed some of the wetness in his mouth, but it wasn't quite right. After thinking really, really hard (all this thinking was rather tiring...) he thought of thirsty and water.

"Also, I think I'm...oh, yes... thirsty, for... uh... water!"

he added. So many words. His brain felt dry, too, after all this thinking! Perhaps the... water... would help!

"Maybe... because it is in me... you can't hear it!"

he finished triumphantly. Goodness, hopefully now he was finished with thinking of all of these words! Poor Matrix was probably very much confused, and so was Diamanté, in a sense. Where were they coming from, and what did they even mean?! Also, where could they be found?! Perhaps it was easier in his egg... The world outside sure was complicated!

user posted image

Christine rushed to Aracelis and almost ran over him. She was glad that she found him.

user posted image

Aracelis saw a glimpse of white before he was being squished by something white and fluffy. It was Christine! His annoyance soon vanished. "Christine, where have you been? I was looking for you." Aracelis paused. He noticed another hatchling behind her. "Erm, and who's that?" he asked.

[Hmm, seems like I have to do a one-man roleplay with two characters in my hand. This is eight months old. ohmy.gif How time quickly flies!]

(( tongue.gif I have a knack for reviving old roleplays. I just don't want to see anybody neglected.))

user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

Christine

"Oh, this is Xil." Christine pointed out. However, the other hatchling had gone. "And he's gone. Where did he go?"

Aracelis

"Never mind that. Perhaps he'll return some time. I'm relieved that you're alright."

Edited by georgexu94