Psycho Cat

Shattered Glass ◊ Accepting

Lila jumped right on down the hole and within seconds found herself in darkness, but also that she had landed on something. Or someone. Worried on who, she quickly lit her lighter to get a view of the creature she landed on.

"Lila: Oh. Sorry about that Zia."

She turned her face to the creature in front of them. A large black dragon that obviously wasn't the friendliest. Her face quickly lost color as her eyes went wide. She just put herself in the worst situation at the worst time in the worst place. She didn't scream though. Every sensible and logical part of her brain knew that screaming was a bad idea and could just lead to the 2 of them getting killed by this.....beast.

Edited by Zeke1479

"I-It's okay." She replied.

"You see the shadow too, right?" She asked, trying to make sure that she wasn't going crazy.

"Lila: Y-ye-ye-yeah. Though I think I'd prefer it if you were just going crazy and not what's happening right now."

Lila, despite her udder fear and her urge to sprint out of here as soon as possible, kept her hands firmly on her plasma gun, knowing that she was probably gonna have to use it in a few seconds considering the situation. No matter how she looked at it, this wasn't going to end well.

Zia chuckled at Lila's response.

"Honestly? Me too. But don't worry. We're gonna get out of this." She reassured the human. "Or you are at least..."

The dragon seemed surprised momentarily that a human had suddenly appeared, but it recovered quickly, it's grin growing even larger.

It poised itself to strike once again, calculating how quickly it would need to move to get them both.

Just then, Zia had an idea.

"Lila, shoot the top of the rock on my wing. It doesn't have to break apart I just need my shield." She explained slowly and evenly, her orange eyes locked on the monster.

"Lila:Alright. I'll try too."

Lila showed her lighter around to try and see where this rock was and she soon found it. She winced upon seeing it. Having that rock there must've hurt severely. She shakily aimed her gun at it and fired at the top of the rock as Zia had told her to.

Zia knew she had to act fast.

The moment Lila had fired, the black dragon had come hurtling towards them, maw open wide.

Zia threw her tail up in front of her, bashing it against the other dragons teeth and breaking a few.

It roared loudly in pain and backed off a bit, leering at the two women before swiping again. Zia saw the swipe coming, but she knew she wouldn't be able to block it enough to save them both. Her tail just wasn't big enough.

She threw the shield over Lila, and ducked to dodge the talons that otherwise would have decapitated her.

Too late she realized that the dragon was biting at them again.

Zia couldn't move her tail back on front of her fast enough, so she did something incredibly stupid and painful.

She stood up, the bones in her wings cracking like twigs. The beast's now shortened teeth sliced through her thick armor like a hot knife through butter.

"G-Gah..." Zia groaned, her eyes going wide from the pain. The black dragon then -slowly- withdrew its jagged teeth, making Zia scream weakly. As soon as the dragon let her go, she collapsed to the ground, the puncture wounds on her neck running like rivers.

"C-Can't... breathe..." She sputtered, blood leaking from the corners of her mouth.

She took shallow, gasping breaths as the dragon sneered down at them. And then, just like that, it vanished. But Zia's injuries didn't.

"L-Li-Lila..." She managed to get out before she started couching up even more blood.

Edited by makenziec123

"Lila: Zia! *turns to the black dragon with eyes of hate and rage* F**k you, you scale prick!"

Lila went from being pale as a ghost to vengeful like a wraith within seconds. She pointed her gun towards the dragon and blasted into it, while keeping her lighter near to give her some view. She was aiming right for its eyes and mouth, hoping that she could at least injure it severely.

The black dragon took the hit, screaming. Rather than facing the human or trying to finish them off though, it simply went charging through another wall and flew off into the night.

The only thing keeping Zia awake was the thought that it might come back, and the decision that she was -not- going to die. Not this time.

She struggled to stay awake.

"L-Li... Call..... *gasp, cough cough*... Nn.."

"Call for help." She thought to her telepathically, unable to speak at all anymore.

Lila went over to the injured Zia as her face went back to normal and calmed down.

"Lila: Alright! *faces her head up and starts yelling* Aki! Zia's hurt! She needs help, now!"

Evan was still slightly grumpy, but heard a cry for help. It's... not for me. he thought. So, he stood there, biding his time. "Alex," he said "Do you regret this? The war?" he sighed and lay down.

"You know, I have scissors." She said in an annoyed tone before she asked the question.

Mara's eyes filled with rage, "I wasn't, nor ever will be a healer!" She lied furiously.

"What the hell gave you that idea anyway?" She snapped. She didn't mean to curse, but she vowed she would never heal anyone again. The only ones who knew she healed were the older survivors in Avine Swamp.

Edited by Onixthebunny1

"You really shouldn't push people at a time like this." Fate warned the Maria. "Not everyone is going to hold their temper and you aren't exactly the most... welcome of strangers." Fate made sure she was only a few feet away from Maria. Should she run, Fate would be on her in seconds. Fate wouldn't be able to hold her down for long, but she could delay Maria's escape long enough for Mara to catch her.

"Well, your a soul peace. Soul peaces are known to be healers, or so I thought." Maria replied. "So you were faking smiles all along..." Maria looked at Mara with sad eyes. "You may as well kill me anyways, and betray Evan, right?" Mara said to Fate. "It doesn't really matter to me that I die. No one here is left to actually love me truly." Maria smiled sadly. "All but me." She finished her sentence.

~~~

Alex smiled at Evan. "Why would I have to cry about that?" Alex snickered. "Why mourn when you could be happy?" Alex muttered extremely quiet. He loved the war, "reaping" souls with his once trusty scythe. But now, that was all in the past, and Alex no longer had Camilia, his reaper scythe. "I mean, the war is over now, right?" Alex said, hoping to avoid the stripe's suspicion. Since he's a innocent, a rogue is only a rogue to him. He thought as he walked on.

~~~

Aki heard Lila. "What can I do though? I don't have anything to help her!" Aki shouted back. He didn't want to come down, only to be useless of Zia's injuries. W-what should I do? Aki anxiously thought, full of doubts and regret. "Argh...if only I had something to at least make her better a tiny bit." He quietly said. Just what could be useful to Zia's injuries?

"Simply getting angry doesn't mean I was faking. And enough of that sob chat, let's cut your hair now." Mara commanded, and moved to the girl.

Although she didn't have opposable thumbs, she did have experience with cutting bandages. She ran the scissors through her hair to start cutting.

Maria did not pose a fight this time. She accepted her fate of her hair. She still didn't accept her hair's fate to be bald however. "Is your life sad?" Maria said. "If it is, why do you still live?" She quizzed Mara. She watched as her golden hair was dropping down to the ground. Comfy...Maria thought for a second.

Mara shrugged. "What is there waiting for me if I die? Maybe things will get better." Mara replied.

She would cut the long length off, then cut it to the roots. She wouldn't be bald, but it would be a semi-buzzcut. She was nearing the finish to cutting the longness of her hair.

"You know, You would look nice with a necklace." Maria complimented as she noticed something shiny on the ground. She looked closer to see a rusted knife, but the point was still sharp. What do you know? A weapon. She smiled. "Can you at least cut it to the point where it looks like a boy's rather than a gang's?" She asked politely.

"The table cloths… We could use them as bandages." Zia thought telepathically to Aki. "It might stop the bleeding for a little while."

"Or… maybe Alex… something in his bag… ta help…" Her thoughts were growing muddled from the pain.

Aki took a look at the tablecloths before swiping them away. He quickly hurried back. "How's Zia?" A voice came. Aki jumped to find Alex right beside him. "A-Alex? When did you-" He cut himself off. There was no time for him to start a short conversation. He noticed that something was strange about Alex's eyes, as Alex's eyes turned red and his pupils were reduced to a cat's. Aki shook himself and looked at Alex again for a moment, and found nothing out of the abnormal, just brown, round pupil eyes. "uhh, anyway, I got to help Zia!" Aki said as he jumped into the hole, leaving Alex behind.

~~~

For a moment, he just stared as Aki jumped in. He sighed. "too close." He whispered to himself. Quickly, He came down with Aki also.

"Hold still, moving around won't help me." Mara said, ignoring what she said.

She finally finished with the haircut, short above the ears to not attract any attention, but long enough to be seen as little wisps and curls of hair.

"Sorry it doesn't look like a boy's, but at least it looks like a girl's with short hair." She apologized halfheartedly. She looked at something sharp and shiny in Maria's possession.

"What are you doing? You could cut yourself, and what's worse is that it's rusty! Give me that!" She angrily scolded, taking the knife away.

Zia's breathing was ragged, blood dripping from her neck and corners of her mouth.

"…Why the heck do I keep getting hurt?" She thought to herself.

Her once firey orange eyes were glossing over. The wounds weren't deep, nor were there actually very many of them, but it hurt. Zia felt like someone had stabbed her with a bunch of burning sticks.

She was dimly aware that there were others around her, but she wasn't really able to focus on anything.

Lila looked over and saw Aki suddenly come into the light. She jumped off Zia and ran to him as fast as possible.

"Lila: Good! You're here! She has some neck injuries and is bleeding out. *in a quieter tone* I-I'm half worried she might drown in her own blood, but that's probably just me being nervous."

((Alex reminds me way too much of one of my own characters.))

Edited by Zeke1479

"Ohoho~ What have we got here?" He smiled pervertly for a second before going serious. "Anyway, Aki, should help her." He nudged him. He prepared his camera. "Heeheehee..." He giggled.

~~~

Aki flinched. Zia's injuries seemed worse than he thought, he couldn't stand the sight. He wondered how Alex seemed to Ignore the fact that someone was bleeding painfully. Than again, I never participated in the war at all. It should be normal for Alex to see people and dragons dying. He thought as he tried to wrap the tablecloths around the part where Zia was bleeding and tying them. Hey, where's Shyvin? He thought suddenly.

~~~

Maria sighed. "Aww..." She said, disappointed that she couldn't keep the knife. She looked at Mara and smiled. "At least you still have motherly/sisterly instincts." Maria said. She wondered when she'll get another weapon.

Zia groaned when Aki moved her head, and then hissed slightly when he tied the table cloths, but it did seem to make the bleeding slow down a little.

She couched up s little more blood, but still tried to mutter a "Thanks." between fits.

She gave her friends a small smile. "Don't worry... about... me guys. I'll be... alright." She was having a hard time getting enough oxygen into her lungs.

She looked up at Aki and gave a small, weak laugh "Guess... I'm a bit... danger-prone, huh?"

Lila hid back a fist, obviously meant for Alex. She knew focusing on him wasn't the right move to do. At this point, she pretty much knew he was a psychopath and that this pretty much made him happier than a kid in a candy factory. She paid more attention to her currently bleeding acquaintance.

"Lila: It's fine. At least you aren't a pyro."

Edited by Zeke1479