Psycho Cat

Shattered Glass ◊ Accepting

Zia, her face almost as red as a tomato, avoided eye contact with everyone, but especially with Aki.

"I-I got it now. Uh... Thanks." She replied after a minute.

She decided to take her mind off the subject.

"So, if we're going to make s'mores, don't we need things that will burn? Ya know, so we can roast them?" She asked.

"Well, Lila suggested that we should roast things so I thought she already had the sticks. You're on you own." He said as he climbed on Aki to rest on his head. "Its soft and comfortable." He said.

~~~

Aki just shrugged. "Oh well. Let's just hope the other dragon brings sticks." Aki said. He noticed that Zia was as red as blood. "Uhh....you Okay there Z?" He asked, worried if something wrong was happening to her.

"Yeah, yeah I'm fine. Thanks Aki." She replied with a smile, but quickly looked away because she could practically feel the heat radiating off her face.

Aki was confused. Why was Zia so....red? He thought curiously. He looked at the camera man, who was snickering at Zia. "Hey camera-Alex, what were they talking about?" He asked. "Well, I'm not too sure myself, but it may be about...Breeding." Alex did a pervert smile. ....What kind of problems does this guy have? He thought.

Edited by Jass

Zia glared at Alex, knowing that he was probably gonna end up telling Aki one way or another, and then everybody would sit there awkwardly.

"Alright, I think I'm gonna go get that fire wood anyways. Having a little extra can't hurt if we want to keep the fire going all night to keep us warm, right?" She gave a small, still slightly red-faced smile and looked around for a staircase.

Finding one, she started to walk towards it.

"I'll be back soon. Just yell if you need me!" She said over her shoulder.

"Sorry, but, I..." He licked his lips around. "Think it would be more interesting to find out yourself." He finished. "Don't you think Zia and you are a cute couple?" He looked at Aki's eyes, which were full of confusion and curiosity. "Of course you don't know what I mean." He sighed, disappointed. I wonder if I can eat dragon souls. He smiled revealing his teeth this time. Quickly though, he hid them. "It'll be nice if you knew though." He laughed.

Lila let out a particularly vicious glare at Alex. One that pretty much was yelling at him to shut up as soon as possible. As she did, Terran could be seen flying back and when he landed, it was shown that he managed to come back with a few broken down desks, tables, and chairs in his paws. He dropped all of them onto the floor with a sigh. He looked around to realize they were missing one.

"Terran: What happened to Zia?"

"Heehee..." He snickered. Someone was mad at him once again. "I wonder how many times did I make someone go Boom?" He laughed. He ignored the fact Aki got a little creeped out by it. "By the way, did you bring any sticks?" He asked Terran.

~~~

"Zia went to get Firewood." Aki replied to his question. "I wonder when she'll be back." He said. Hope she's doing well.... He hoped.

~~~~

Maria continued following Fate. Where are we going? She curiously thought.

"Terran: A bit of a waste then since I brought a fair amount. *drops the gathering of tables, chairs, and desks on the floor* This should give us a decent fire for now and if Zia's getting more firewood, we'll be even better off."

Lila's attention quickly went from Alex straight to the pile of things that she could burn. She quickly carried 3 chairs over and put them in a little pile. A smile descended upon her fast as she took out another lighter and looked at the chairs with pure excitement and intrigue.

"Lila: Ooh....! This is gonna be amazing!"

Alex watched as Lila set the broken antiques on fire. "Burning it...er...original, I guess." He laughed. "Can't wait to try out the s'mores." He licked his lips once more.

~~~

Aki looked at Lila. She was surely excited. "Does burning stuff sound fun?" Aki asked. He wondered why the girl had a smile on her face.

Lila's eyes went wide as she looked at Aki.

"Lila: Fun? Fun?! Of course! Watching it slowly burn as your given something to use to cook stuff, heat so you don't freeze, and just watching the embers consume the wood is amazing! Just watching the little flames dance and watching grow! It's like raising a little kid and watching him grow into a big, strong-!"

Lila kept setting the wood on fire as she talked on and on with a face of just happiness and wonder at the fire. While Lila went on about the wonders of fire, at least in her eyes, Terran spoke a bit over her.

"Terran: Sorry about her behavior. She can be quite.....eccentric when near or starting fires. There is a bright side to this though. She tends to try and get it to burn longer and start fires much quicker."

Edited by Zeke1479

"Don't worry about it. We got an eccentric man right here." He looked at Alex, who nodded his head to agree. "I'm proud of her!" He smiled. "Who knew people would be crazy to start fires though?" Alex said. Aki said nothing, and only watched.

Once Zia found a somewhat crumbled staircase leading up higher into the building, she quickly began climbing it. The stone staircase eventually led her up to a second floor. It looked like it had been a formal dining room of some kind.

The floor was covered in a thick carpet that was obviously once a beautiful red, but now was sagging where the floor had fallen through and torn in other places from who knows what happened to it.

Dusty white table cloths covered old wooden tables, and along the wall opposite where Zia was standing, broken floor-to-ceiling windows that gave a gorgeous view of both the stars above and the once bright city below, with matching red curtains adorning the edge of each pane of glass.

"Wow…" Zia thought, trying to imagine what this place was like before the world went nuts.

She saw all the women, both human and dragon, wearing fine clothes and jewels in a rainbow of colors, sitting across the small round tables from equally well dressed gentlemen.

SHe flashed back to the image of Aki with the tea cup, and couldn't help but laugh as she added a suit to the already funny scene. Then her mind started to wander, and she saw herself. She wasn't wearing anything fancy, just a simple clear-blue teardrop shaped gem her mother had given her a long time ago, and some golden bangles around each of her wrists. She was sitting across from Aki...

She shook her head to make the images vanish.

"I'd better start grabbing some wood. Terran will probably be back soon." She said to herself as she started gathering chairs and setting them near the staircase.

She figured she could just push them down in a minute and have a whole bunch in one load.

Once she had about thirty chairs amassed and two of the tables; (she didn't want to completely get rid of the beautiful scene just yet.) she had took her tail up like a battering ram once again and charged the pile of wood, sending it crashing down below much more loudly than she had thought it would.

Alex grabbed his camera and kissed it. "You'll be my treasure forever." He said to it. "Right...Camilia...." He kissed the screen, which showed a picture of a blood stained scythe. "Nobody will use you but me." He smiled, showing a pair of sharp teeth. Luckily, it was small, nobody seemed to saw it. He snickered.

"Terran: You'd be surprised. Then again, there're crazier things then that."

Lila finally finished her speech as the wood really started to burn. She took a seat as she looked at the fire with quite a bit of pride and confidence. It was quite large and gave off a magnificent glow to the area. She spun around the lighters nimbly as she smiled with pure delight. However, a quick miscalculation of where her lighter would go ended up making the steel areas that sparked the flames touch her skin. She let out a yelp of pure pain as both lighters dropped to the floor and she held her hands to her rags of clothing in pain before swinging them around to through the pain out.

"Lila: Completely forgot about how hot the lighters could actually get. Kept being more worried about the flames burning my hands and arms then anything. Still, doesn't hurt that bad."

Alex quickly put his camera away. "so, s'mores, anybody? He asked. He had no idea where to obtain a stick, however. "say cheese!" Alex took his camera again and took a picture of Terran and Lila.

~~~~

Aki looked at the fire. What was so interesting about it? Aki had no idea. He was probably clueless about most of the things of the world.

"Lila: Yeah. Let's start making them."

She ran over to the pile of wood that wasn't being burned a la her and picked a few good splinters of it for the marshmallow sticks. She left the ones meant for the others in a small pile as she picked up a rather large one for herself. She sat nearby the fire as she looked towards Alex.

"Lila: Alright. Marshmallow me."

Once the (now splintered) wood was all sitting at the bottom of the steps, Zia called down;

"Sorry about that guys!"

Then she slowly spread her wings out so that she could easily coast down back to the other floor.

She was sore, but she still managed to make them so that she landed with a little bit of her former grace at the bottom. (she still ended up doing a face plant though)

"Owowowowowowowowowow!" She she said under her breath as one of the cuts on her face opened up. AGAIN. She briefly wondered why she wasn't healing as quickly as usual, until her stomach growled again.

She heard Alex ask if anyone had a stick and she quickly picked a few out of her pile and totted over.

"Here you go guys." She smiled and gave one to everybody.

Alex came down and threw a marshmallow at Lila. He also grabbed a stick and took a marshmallow as well. He then roasted it in the fire until it looked like a piece of charcoal. "Heehee...." He said took it out. The marshmallow turned into a torch, blue fire on its black and ugly skin. "Anyone want a torch?" He asked.

Lila slowly raised her hand, only to stop and put it down after a look from Terran. She instead took one of the stick and after a few seconds of letting the sticks front end bathe in the embers of the fire, made her own makeshift torch instead of asking for Alex's. She waved around and was intrigued as it lit the area up and gave her more view. After a bit of a walk and look around with it, she the torch end back into the little campfire to make sure it kept burning.

"How nice of you to chant spells like a witch when you created the fire by the way," He said as he blew it out and ate his torched marshmallow. "If only you were a witch...your soul would be delicious." He licked the remaining, burnt marshmallow. "Come to think about it, you would look pretty as a doll." He said as he observed her like he was making one. "Heehee. Fudge!" Alex took a picture of her.

"Lila: Back off ya damn perverted weirdo!"

Lila took out her now very much flaming torch and prepared to swing it right into the face of Alex. Terran quickly boomed his voice in a strangely calm manner to interrupt her strike.

"Terran: Lila. Stop. That isn't going to solve anything."

She stopped mid swing as she processed whether to finish the swing or not. She sighed as she placed the torch back into the embers to keep it going and not just have its flame be wasted on the ground.

Alex looked Lila. He put his hand in the fire for one minute and took it out, to find a burned hand that became completely red. "I apologize for creeping you out, m'lady." Alex stood up and bowed. "Didn't you want to do this to me?" He showed his burned hand. "It feels good to punish them for doing that, right?" He smiled.

Zia stared at Alex, shocked that he hadn't even so much as teared up after he stuck his hand in the flames.

"A-Are you okay Alex?" She asked, now slightly afraid of the deranged man. She moved closer to Aki and pulled her tail up closer.

Lila showed shock in her eyes, but instead let out a smile. She knew that this Alex probably wanted to see the shock factor on all of their faces, but she didn't want to give him that satisfaction. She just casually went back to her torch as she picked up another stick for her marshmallow. The other one was well too burnt and burning to be used for that.

"Lila: I would say I'm satisfied, but I'm not really that much, honestly. Doesn't feel....quite right as it should. Probably just me being weird."