Psycho Cat

Shattered Glass ◊ Accepting

((Sorry for late reply my internet has decided to be a meanie lately and not load Dragon Cave))

"I-I'm sorry, I honestly didn't know!" Zia cowered, pulling her shield up before her and lowering her head so that only her eyes peeked above it, backing away slowly.

She didn't want to get into a fight. The few times she had fought other dragons she hadn't even really attacked them that much- which was why she had thin pink scars running all across her thick blue-grey hide.

"P-Please don't hurt me." She stuttered, shaking a bit behind her shield.

Edited by makenziec123

Evan gave an irritated twitch of his tail. "Guh, whatever. I don't have time for this..." He turned back around and climbed down. "You can stay in... uh, 'town', I guess you could say, until morning, but then it's g'bye. And to, madam, I say g'bye." He lay back down and closed his eyes, hoping he wouldn't wake up the next day.

"Good luck calling them then." He said. Alex was more focused on admiring his pictures rather then helping. "You also have a strange yet interesting accent." He added on for no necessary reason. Alex stared at the picture of a brimstone. Your so common...but you look so cool! Alex liked taking pictures of the commons as well. He hugged his camera before checking to see more. "Maybe I should try drawing..." He muttered.

((Sorry for not posting...Wasn't sure what to say.))

Zia smiled, lowering her shield slightly and giving the Striped a thankful nod.

She looked around, seeing the other hungry dragons surrounding her, and ducked her head slightly so that the tips of her horns were horizontal.

She noticed a scraggly, half-dead tree sitting in a patch of desert-like soil.

Climbing in between the roots, she scrabbled at the loose earth and long-dried up tree roots until she had made herself a place to sleep for the night- her shield coming up to make an almost perfect door.

"Well… It's not home, but it's good enough for one night. I'm too tired to keep on going right now..." The Guardian thought.

"Hmm... Maybe I'll fly to the ocean tomorrow and see if I can catch a fish or two..."

"A-accent? I 'unno what you're talkin' 'bout, but I think th' funny talkin' one here is you. All of ya have a weird accent, to say th' least. I remember one time I went to a swamp, and 'is Stripe, I tell ya, he gave me a tongue lashin'! Him an' 'is fancy words. It was a... interestin' day, that day it was." Shyvin remembered the Stripe that must've chased him a mile, which was hardly fair since he could both run and he had wings! But instead of burrowing on that, he came over to watch Alex. He was looking at a Brimstone. "Nasty things," he muttered "Smells like a week ol' badger hole. 'course, I'd do anythin' for a badger right about now..."

--------------------

Contrary to last night's death wish, Evan did indeed wake up the next morning. A chill breeze ran off the water and into the dug out, which had brilliantly been built opposite to the leeward side. He sighed and got up. He still couldn't tell if Fate was asleep or not, so he let her be. The new Guardian, on the other hand, could expect no such mercy. "Hey!" he yelled out "It's the break of dawn. You know what that means? Take a hike!" he said grumpily.

Fate was already awake before Evan started screaming at the Guardian to get out. Her face couldn't be seen thanks to her hate covering her head. He isn't too happy with that Guardian now is he? I suppose he'll want me to leave as well. Ah well, I had a nice stay at the very least, but I understand why he doesn't want my company. Fate removed her hat from her face and placed it to the side of her. She wasn't going to overstay her welcome. Fate patiently waited for Evan to direct her outside.

When Evan turned around he noticed that the pygmy was indeed awake. "Ah, yes, you," he remarked. "I suppose you should leave too, before the bigger... hungrier breeds wake up. It was nice to have company that didn't barge in, even if I didn't really like them too much. Goodbye then." He backed out of the way so he wasn't blocking Fate's way like some blundering idiot, and gave what almost appeared to be a sympathetic look, though he hadn't had such an emotion in so long it was hard to tell.

Zia woke with a start, hearing the Striped from before yelling at her.

She sighed and moved her tail out of the way, crawling out of her little dug out and stretching her wings before darting off into the sky.

She looked about, trying to find the ocean so she could go fishing, her hungry stomach gnawing at her insides.

"Tch…" She muttered under her breath, her body feeling heavier on her wings from weakness.

"I need to find something to eat... and soon!" She thought.

Finally, she found the ocean. She peered down into the waves, searching for fish to eat.

Finally, she found one that was just large enough to keep her going- and dove down into the sea after it.

She was no champion swimmer, and she was certainly no water dragon, but she managed to swim back to shore and scarf down most of the fish in just a few minutes, not noticing if anyone else was around.

Fate gave a small bow. "I suppose I'll take my leave," she said humbly. She placed her hat on top of her head and headed for the way out. "It was interesting meeting you, Evan," she called as she walked towards the exit.

Evan watched as the last traces of blue left the hole. There went that. Now what? He never really 'adored' Fate, but at least she had a lick of sense, maybe even more than him. Most of the other dragons he met were either dead or dying, anyways. He had thought of moving several times, but none more serious than now. How could he leave his parents? but at the same time, how could he stay? But the only ideal place he cold think of to move was either Lux of Vermilion City, neither of which he ever spoke of kindly. Sighing, he crawled out of his hole, seeing Fate off with a wave of his tail.

"It may be my only choice," he thought grimly.

Senka looked around trying to find some food. He saw a bear and started creeping up on it, only for a bird to give him away. The bear lumbered off leaving Senka with an Empty stomach. Angry at the bird for giving him away he snatched it out if the air and ate it whole. "Not as good as I hoped but it will have to do." Senka thought, and walked to his cave and went to sleep.

((Well I hope I can blink.gif It is my RP))

Evonixe

--------------------

In the Avine Swamp's camp, a groan sounded. It was coming from a hole in the ground just as the sun had begun rising. It was Evonixe's hole. A hole notorious for spitting out a lot of complaints. "Why did I build this forsaken den facing east?" Evan grumbled. "I'm tired, and hungry, and maybe on the verge of being sick. I need sleep." This, of course, did not surprise the Stripe. It seemed everyone faced some sort of problem now. One time a particularly desperate individual had bit his tail out of pure hunger. That day two dragons both learned a lesson: always be wary, and don't bite strangers. As Evan crawled out of the tunnel, a bright light met his eyes and he had to turn away. As he looked opposite, he saw the sinking Aero-Metropolis. He remembered the day it fell very clearly, but he had not been looking for a reminder. "That's why I built it east." He recalled. Several buildings lay in ruins, broken foundations scattered about the city like forgotten toys. He could imagine all the loot lying undiscovered in there, untouched for years. It was amazing that it wasn't picked clean by that point. But maybe humans and dragons alike shared too much respect to pilfer the tragedy struck city.

Evan shook his head to clear these painful thoughts. Now he needed to clear his head before he could be rational again, if rational was even a word in the Stripe's lexicon anymore. He decided that a walk in the bog would help calm him. He headed off for a small wood, hoping to find some peace in its tangle of branches.

(( lol I just wanted to know if you were rping ))

Senka awoke to the sun setting and walked outside wondering if anyone else was here. He decided to go east and see if he found anything. Grabbing a rabbit that scampered by, he ate it and started walking.

Edited by Dragontamer259

((Just to point this out (and I swear you're not the first to do this, it happened before) prey is very, very scarce in 6487. Most dragons are starving to death or ill from eating rotten food.))

Evonixe

--------------------

As he traveled along, Evan kept his eye out. He didn't plan on losing any tails. Not that day, anyways. He'd eat his own before giving someone else the satisfaction. Nothing seemed to be stirring, though. Not even the calm, lapping waters of the bog were moving. The forecast looked to be hot and moist, if no wind was going to pick up. Evan sighed. He disliked stuffy, summer weather. He much preferred autumn and spring. They were the seasonal limbos, and seemed to be just perfect for him. As he sniffed for any rain that might come with the heat, however, he stiffened. Something else was in the area. He drank in the air and concentrated. Yes, definitely another dragon. However, Evan's ego did not permit backing off, and he continued his morning stroll. He wasn't going to be shown up by some stranger.

(( oh ok thanks for letting me know ))

Senka saw another dragon but continued refusing to show weakness. He sighed because he was staving but continued to walk.

(( sorry it's so short ))

Evonixe

--------------------

After a short while, Evan could see something. That was what was making the smell, he realized. And they were walking directly towards each other. "For the love of Aer and Saxum, why me?" He groaned. Still, he could now see it was a Black. He knew he wasn't going to get out of this easily. So, before they could get too close to each other, he promptly sat down and called out to the dragon. "Excuse me?" He said. "I don't like you already - pardon the justified prejudice - and I'm going to ask you to stay there while I walk around you. I swear I can scent your stench from miles away, and I did, for your information, and I really don't want to get near that. Please and thank you, g'bye." In truth, Evonixe was just avoiding confrontation. He certainly wasn't looking forward to facing a Black. Magic wasn't a Stripe's strong point.

Senka laughed and called back "I know you are trying to avoid me but we are going to talk like it or not." Don't resist me or things might get ugly. Senka flapped his wings and flew towards Evan closing the gap between them.

Evonixe

--------------------

"I don't like you. I don't like you at all." Evan said, bearing his teeth in a snarl. "I may not enjoy getting ruffled up in such times, but I swear to Aer that I will die fighting you before I take sass kindly." He growled and dug his claws into the ground. No matter what, that stubborn Stripe was not going to budge. Not on his own free will, anyways. "Look, I will always dislike strangers," he began. "But I am not looking for trouble. Back off!" Evan let out a ferocious roar. And though Stripes weren't the biggest dragons, one had to admire this on'e courage.

Senka landed in front of Evan and laughed at the little striped dragon, but admired the way that he stood up. Not that he would tell him that!! "I will not back off to a tiny stripe dragon" Senka said and he stood up to his full high (48ft), opened his wings wide, shot fire into the air and roared.

Edited by Dragontamer259

((You only need to bump every five days or so, and you only can bump every 24 hours. BTW bump stands for bring up my post))

Evonixe

--------------------

Seeing his chance, Evan launched himself straight at the Black, aiming for its exposed belly. While much lighter, the shift in weight still allowed the Stripe to bowl over his opponent. In the tumble of wings and scales, however, he lost his grip on the Black and was slammed into a tree. With a growl, he staggered back up. "Only a fool would expose his belly for the mere sake of a taunt like that," he criticized. "Of course, only a fool would challenge the most cunning dragon in Seviiknight. Size matters not when you challenge me." Evan gave a contempt flick of his tail. As he stood back up, he dug his claws into the ground, bracing for retaliation. He'd have to be on guard to escape a magic user like a Black. It wasn't impossible, no, but he wasn't so quick to become a sitting duck.