Psycho Cat

Shattered Glass ◊ Accepting

Alex stared at his camera. "Golden Wyvern is still a no no in here! Neither is the striped!" He sighed, disappointed that he still hasn't managed to obtain pretty pictures of them. "Well, at least I got a picture of this Gold!" He smiled. He was planning to sell the remaining pictures of the commons and rares to the other people, though strangely, there didn't seem to be any around.

"Hai, man, after all these years..." He took a look at his photograph book. ...Maria looked very cute when she was 10... He thought. Ah well. Can't find her yet. Wonder where is she? He thought to himself. Alex smiled. "Ohoho~ I can't wait to take something...you know." He smiled mischievously.

Shyvin looked around. Dawn was arriving, though he had missed most of the sunrise since his inability to fly always slowed him down. Wiggling his way out of Light City, he took in his surroundings. In the very far northern distance, the puny, faint outline of deserted skyscrapers could be seen. A bit closer stood a peer. Shyvin, while carrying the title Rogue, still used the name Wrath, and had done his best to separate himself from the war. He still had met a few others, though, and this guy happened to be one of them. What was his name? Allen? Aly? That's right, it was Alex. He heard the term Reaper used a lot too, though. Curious, he slithered up to him and took a peek at his book. Inside were several professional looking photos. "Hey, if y'all wants, I can pose a bit," he said grinning. "But ya should know, hunger made my wings a bit less shimmery an' such." He proudly flapped his two dull pairs of wings.

--------------------

Evan led the way back to camp. As they arrived, several hungry eyes pinned the two, and he moved a little closer to the Nilia, hoping no one was stupid enough to attack them. Pausing outside of his dugout, he turned to his companion. "Well then, let me start you off by welcoming you to hell," he said with a faint, inward laugh. "Since we're here, we might as well tell each other our names. I'm Evonixe, though most call me Evan. At least, those who still care about names. Yours?"

Fate had to crane her neck up to see Evan. When he told her his name, she replied by taking her hat off and bowing. "Fate Noon at your service." she said as she recoiled back up; placing her trilby back on top of her head. "Is there anything you require of me?" Fate asked as she began to fix her hat into place. The hat was too big for her head, but not by a lot. As long as it was tilted at an angle, the hat would fit Fate's head just fine.

Alex stared at the blusang for a moment. He smiled, and prepared to take a picture of him. A rare coming up to me? Thats rare for a rare... Alex thought. "What's your name?" He asked. He had forgotten several of the rogue's name, whether they were dangerously popular or not.

~~~~

Aki flew at a random directions, his golden scales shining in the sun. "I hope people and dragons won't realize I'm a rogue." He sighed. Life was a pain in a tail to him, and it didn't get any easier when the war had ended. He hoped that people will mistaken him for an innocent. "Unfortunately, that almost never happens." He whispered quietly, and landed on the soft patch of grass clumsily.

Evan rolled his eyes at the hat. "No, but your presence is appreciated. Well, I guess. Not to say I really like you, but you can scarcely find people to talk with now days. You can't blame them, but..." he trailed off. "In a nutshell, I don't like you, but I also don't like being alone. I think you may be able to relate. The only place in the world that the rogues haven't gotten is Silver Metropolis, and that's way too far away for my tastes, not to mention that it's already most likely packed with refugees."

--------------------

"M'name? It's Shyvin. Ess eich why vee ey enn, an' that's exactly how it's spelled. I seen you a couple times, but not often. Guess I can't say I 'as a big part a the war." He scuffled the dirt a bit with his paws. "It 'as easy to see you were, though. I saws you all the time, hands soaked in blood. Eesh, not the life for me."

Fate give a little shrug at Evan's comment. "No one trusts each other anymore," Fate said. "You can't tell who to trust, and those who may seem trustworthy betray you in the end. But I suppose you already know this." Fate's tail slightly twitched when Evan rolled his eyes. No one else seemed to like her hat, but Fate certainly did. Most people would be thinking how silly Fate looked with a hat instead of thinking why she had the hat on. Unlike contrary belief, it wasn't just for fashion.

Alex laughed happily. "I actually forgot about those blood lust memories, but after you said that, it jolted them right back up!" He stretched his arms for a second. "Anyway, yeah, that was the life for me in the war." He sighed. "Luckily, most people mistaken me for a innocent because I'm a cameraman." He twirled his some of his hair around. "If you act differently from before, people only see your mask." He said.

~~~

Maria looked at the spider, with a butterfly entrapped in its web. She observed at how the spider ended the butterfly's life, sucking its soul out from it. "...Cool." She smiled. For some reason, she liked spiders more than butterflies. "It reminds me so much of Alex." She said. "The blood lust one, of course." She added on.

~~~

Aki scoured around, finding...pretty much nothing but broke items, no longer usable. "..." Aki looked around to see if any prey was nearby.

Edited by Jass

Ziamliana wandered aimlessly through the forest, looking for a place to rest. The young Guardian Dragon was exhausted, starving, and desperately thirsty.

"Tch... Where's a rain cloud when you need one?" She asked aloud, gazing up at the puffy-looking clouds. She thought she saw something glinting in the light... but then again, her vision was a bit off from putting her body under such stress.

It wasn't particularly bright out yet, but the sun was still high enough to bring a bit more heat to pound on her blue scales from between the trees.

Finally, she heard a small bird chirp. It was definitely too small to eat, but she still tried to remember what Lily would have called it.

"… It's a Chickadee… cute..." She thought with a pang as she remembered her friend.

She quickly shook her head, as if to try and fling the memories away, and slowly staggered on.

Edited by makenziec123

Evan nodded at Fate's comment. "So, where do you come from?" he said, trying to change the subject. "A lot of the minor towns and cities around here have been wiped out, so you might not even have a home, but there are times when it's nice to know." He looked around. A few hungry eyes were dead set on the two. "Because," he said in a whisper "we may need to go to them..."

--------------------

Shyvin narrowed his eyes. "Well, not a lot a people like me too much, but not a soul outa the bunch can call me a liar!" he said angrily. "Aye, you are a sickly fella. No wonder you a Rogue. I guess to each 'is own, though; no use in judgin' a cup a spilled milk." He looked at Alex furiously, but made no attempt to lash out. In these dark days he could easily kill him, but that would be a murder in cold blood, and that was the last kind of blood Shyvin wanted on his claws.

Fate glanced at the eyes staring at her; relishing the thought of sinking their teeth into her flesh. Turning her gaze back to Evan, she spoke. "I do not have a home, and I never did. I am a mere traveler. I go where I wish, find someplace nice to stay, and leave when it becomes a hellhole. I'm sure I can name a few places to hang around for a little bit. Though," Fate's eyes darted to the people staring at her. "I would rather not speak of those places at the moment."

"Alright then, but at least come in here." Evan flicked his tail at the entrance to the dugout. As he ducked in, the passage got narrower and narrower, until one would think they were stuck, but just as soon opened up into a small chamber. A slightly rotting stack of hay sat in one corner, acting as makeshift bedding, while in the other was a pile of Evan's very few possessions. "Make yourself at home," he said "If you can really call it that. The hole is small enough to keep out the more threatening breeds until you can leave safely." In truth, he felt quite uncomfortable with this stranger in his home, but there was nothing stopping those cannibals out there from taking a bite out of him if they went for Fate.

Alex laughed at Shyvin. "Yep. I suppose you can say that." He stretched out his arms. I wonder where my scythe is... He thought. Alex stared at Shyvin. "Nice poses." He complimented him. Alex quickly introduced of what looks to be a peace sign. He quickly sat and rummaged through his tiny backpack, taking things out like some candy and some bread. "Here!" He said, and replaced the camera's memory chip with the one he had found in his backpack. "Heehee! Good thing I had a spare!" He sighed in relief. He focused his attention back on the Blusang Lindwurm again. "Are you going to say anything else?" He asked Shyvin.

Fate followed Evan as he entered his "home". She squeezed through the tiny hole, her small size giving her a bit more elbow room than Evan. Once she finally entered the main chamber she glanced around for a moment or two and then turned her attention to Evan. "Rather homey, isn't it?" she asked.

Zia panted, still staggering through the trees. Her throat was so dry she could practically feel every breath she took, and her blood felt as thick as dry clay in her veins.

She shoved her way through another thicket of thorns, smashing them into the earth with her strong tail-shield with a "snap" as the dried spikes broke away from the rest of the plant.

She cried out with joy when she saw what was on the other side: A shallow puddle, about the same size as she herself, but it was more than enough to stop her from dying of thirst, and she drank greedily from the dirty puddle.

"...I should leave some for the next person..." She thought to herself after only a few gulps of the precious liquid and backed away, deciding to rest in the shade of the prickly bushes for a while. Or at least until she sensed some prey. Or maybe another dragon...

Edited by makenziec123

((Well.....Might as well make my first post into the restart to try and make a revival.))

A large figure soared the skies. It was a large, male, Green dragon covered in scars and burns, looking down upon the world. He was mostly looking for morsels to devour. It was definitely difficult with the food and water being scarce. However, he did have a convinient carry for any supplies, mostly water. It was a British girl who relaxed upon the back of the dragon. She was a brunette with tanned skin and a ponytail. Whether she was actually tanne dor just covered in dirt from lack of bathing is anyone's guess. Her cheeks and nose were dotted with freckles. Her clothes were nothing but rags now used as clothing. She had scars and scratches, but not as much as her companion. These 2 were Terran, the dragon, and Lila, the human. Lila was keeping a watch out for anything.

"Terran: See anything Lila?"

"Lila: Besides ruins, not really much."

The 2 continued their path as they looked down and around.

"Oh yes," Evan replied "Especially if you like being cramped... But in these times, you'll really just take what you can get." He scuffled around. "You may have to stay the night here. The natives are, er, rather persistent, and I doubt they'll leave so soon."

--------------------

Shyvin had no idea what he was eating, but he was hungry, and it was food, and that was all he cared about. "Meh, guess not. Though it's a bit easy to go rantin' when the world's all jacked." He heard beating wings overhead, and he looked up. "Tha' Green 'bove us, for ex. He's all scared up, an' you guess why? Actually, he might be abl' help us..." Shyvin said more thoughtfully. "Hey, call 'im down 'ere."

"Lovely," Fate said as she looked around once more. "Is there some place you would like to me go?" she asked the Striped. "I'd rather not intrude on something personal." I also wouldn't want to get kicked out within the first five minutes of being here. Fate sat down and wrapped her tail neatly around her paws.

"Anywhere works, really," he said. "I've no more than that stack of hay in the corner, and it's already kinda moldy, so..."

"Then I shall lay in an empty corner," Fate proclaimed. "If that hay is the only comfort you have then it's better to let you keep it for yourself. I have no right to take it from you." Fate's tail whisked up and down silently. Her tone was bland and she held a poker face. Not a single bit of emotion had left her since she had spoken to Evan.

He gave a curt nod. As the tiny dragon walked over to its corner, Evan lay on the unpleasently squishy, but better than dirt, pile of hay. He did not put his head on or near it, though, for fear of getting ill in a world where medicine was nonexistent. As he lay there, he reflected on his strange, love-hate relationship with Fate. He realized that he wouldn't have let any other dragon remotely near his den, so why this one? A person would have thought he'd have done the exact opposite of his 'hospitality' shown for the Nilia, especially considering their bumpy first meet. But then, dragons were strange creatures in that sense. Sometime caring and compassionate, sometimes raging and violent, and everything between.

Fate's head was laid upon her paws and her tail curled neatly around her. Her hat was adorned upon her head and she dared not remove it. Her eyes were closed, but sleep eluded her. She did not wish for it to come while the Stripe was still awake. Since when did people invite strangers into their homes? Fate have never heard of such a person and did not expect to find that type in Evan. It would be safer to wait for him to fall asleep before Fate tempted herself with the lull of slumber.

Night fell, and still there was no sign of anything in the surrounding woods.

Zia stood, deciding that now would be a good time to leave. She unfurled her wings and took off- looking down for any prey that might be there.

She then noticed a small "village" of dragons and decided to see if there was any scraps of food they'd be willing to give her.

Most of the dragons just stared at her when she landed. She noticed a small tunnel dug in the ground, and stuck her head inside, thinking it might belong to a rabbit.

Edited by makenziec123

Evan was about to drift off when he heard a small rustle in the tunnel overhead. "HEY!" he hissed. "Get! This isn't your place to just barge into!"

Zia jumped back, startled.

"Oh! Um, sorry! I thought this was a rabbit hole or something." She responded, quickly pulling her head out.

Evan glared at the now empty tunnel. No way was this random Guardian going to just pop in and then leave without punishment. Even a simple tongue lashing would do. He looked over to check if Fate were asleep or not, but it was hard to tell with that big, awkward hat atop her head. So, ignoring her, he wormed his way up the tunnel. He gave the dragon a cold stare when he did manage to get up. "Honestly, even if it were a rabbit hole, do you think these hungry souls would leave it occupied?" he said angrily "Not to mention no one here even knows you, so why would you make it your business to just pop in and poke around?"