Psycho Cat

Shattered Glass ◊ Accepting

"Lila: Fine. Just fine."

Lila watched as her marshmallow burnt to a charcoal-colored crisp and let out a satisfied sigh. She didn't know why, but she loved it when something very flammable burned very quickly into a burnt piece. It was just....enjoyable for her.

"Terran: Not many. Mostly just tales I've heard in my lifetime and stories I used to tell to the young ones. Besides that, I have nothing to share."

Aki was amazed. He never seen anything like it. It looked like paradise to him, despite it being abandoned and all. He looked at Zia, who certainly looked tired. He patted her. "Thanks for showing me this,Zia. It looks pretty cool." Aki smiled. He now wished he had that teacup, though. It would had blended him in the background.

"You're welcome." Zia replied with a tired smile. She felt a little dizzy for some reason, but she just shook it off.

"I like the view from the windows. The stars have always seemed so pretty to me." She blurted out a bit randomly and plodded slowly and carefully over to one of the windows, trying not to spin along with the room.

She made it over there safely and sat down to watch the little pin pricks of light.

"I don't hate smiling. I'm smiling right now because I think you'd look pretty as a boy. Dragons change emotions quickly.

Of course, you wouldn't know how because you're not a dragon. See my point?" She lied skillfully. Mara had to have that skill for the stolen food she had. Many questioned her, but she always got away with it. She didn't get to steal much food though.

"Are you coming, or not?" She hurried Maria.

Maria wasn't sure if she was lying or not, but she continued on to stay in her spot. "Baka." She puffed. "....I hate it when you lie." Maria said. She guessed that Mara was lying. She didn't know if Mara was really telling the truth, but Maria felt like she wasn't. "if you really are telling the truth, why do you look so gloomy and angry all day?" She asked.

Zia wasn't entirely sure why Aki was being so quiet after she showed him the pretty ballroom, but she did know that her head was physically starting to hurt now. It looked like everything was spinning in eerily slow, hypnotic circles.

"Am I sick?" She thought, not realizing that she was starting to sway along with the world around her. Every inch of her body felt like it suddenly weighted a hundred extra pounds, and when she tore her eyes away from the window, Aki looked like he was surrounded by... things. Black, slippery, slimy, inky shadow-creatures.

Aki didn't even seem to notice them.

"Am… Am I going crazy?" She wondered. She started to walk unsteadily back towards her friend, avoiding the shadow-beasts.

She didn't notice the hole under the carpet until she fell through it.

She didn't even have time to yelp.

Aki heard something. He turned around to see Zia falling in a hole. "What the...!" Aki came over towards the hole to try and help her. "Zia, are you alright?" He asked. He realized something was wrong with Zia, but he didn't have time to figure out what. "Zia!" Aki said to her. He had hoped Zia did not get hurt in anyway, whether it was physical or mental.

Evan looked around. He was a little bit confused, but nonetheless, there was no time for that. "Well... then. That happened."

Lila heard a sudden, very loud sound from upstairs. She and Terran both looked up with a worried look. She dropped her bag and looked to the others.

"Lila: I'll be right back. Keep feeding the fire you guys."

With that, she ran off to where Zia and Aki had went too, finding the broken staircase. She muttered many curses under her breath as she tried to jump up and catch the ledge of some of the broken staircase to attempt to climb back up. It took a bit of time, but she managed to make it up. She continued this until she was near a room from where she could here voices. Before she could go, she lied down to finally catch her breath and gain some strength back.

Terran pulled Lila's bag close to him, not wanting any others to get to its contents. He threw another broken table into the fire as he looked up and wondered what was going on up there and why.

Edited by Zeke1479

It took Zia a while to figure out what had just happened. She had landed on a rather hard pile of rubble in a dark, musty place. She looked around with bleary orange eyes, trying to discern anything within the darkness.

She looked up when someone called her name. She could barely hear them, but she knew from the golden shimmer it had to be either Maria or Aki, and since Maria wasn't with them right now, that meant it had to be Aki.

"Aki..." She whispered. She felt a pain on her wing and part of her hind leg, and saw that a large stone was pinning her down.

"She tried to tell him that she was pinned by the rock, but something moving around in the darkness caught her eye. A huge black dragons face, with nothing but the eyes and sharp fangs showing, was watching her from the darkness. Stalking her.

She froze, petrified that the huge monster would come towards her. It was nearly ten times her size!

"Aki, whatever you do, don't come down here. I don't want you, or anyone else to get hurt." She thought as the teeth and the smell of rotting flesh crept closer.

Edited by makenziec123

Alex did a smile. He laughed. "How can I not miss this out?" He said as he followed Terran and Lila. He looked at Evan, who was now confused. "Brat." Was what Alex said to him. He looked at his shadow. He smiled grimly. "My oh my, I think something romantic is certainly going to happen." Alex hid his smile. "Or not. Who knows?" He simply giggled. He took a picture of the striped before going off. "I wonder what'll happen to you, Zebra." He observed the picture while following Lila and Terran. "Going to hell sounds nice..." He whispered quietly.

"Terran: You won't be able to do much Alex. While I trust that you at least have some fighting capabilities, going up there won't matter. Aki and Zia should be able to handle themselves and so far there're no screams. The only reason I let Lila go is because she tends to bring a lighter or some kind of weapon with her wherever she goes, so she isn't in as much danger as one would think."

Evan drew his lips back in a snarl. "Even if that were true, that doesn't take away my claws!" He gave him a light scratch. It was hardly anything at all, but he hoped it would warn him of the power he held.

Terran barely reacted to the scratch. Instead, he just turned his head slowly towards Evan, without an ounce of emotion on his face. His eyes were cold and just stared right at him with out a hint of anger, horror, sadness, anything. For some reason, he appeared much large than he did previously as he stood up.

"Terran: You do realize I was talking to Alex.....correct? I very much don't appreciate the scratch on the cheek, especially considering the many I already have. No need to add more to the unwanted collection."

((Lila ran off. Not Terran.))

Edited by Zeke1479

"I'm not a liar. I'm a little offended you'd say I'm so angry, but I suppose it's because there's nothing to be happy about. I hardly have anything to eat, hence me being sick all the time, and the world has been utterly destroyed. Does that answer your question?" She half-snapped back.

Mara sighed. Is she ever going to let me shave her head? She thought to herself, exasperated although she kept a straight, soft expression.

Edited by Onixthebunny1

Alex watched as the two did a short argument. If only I have my scythe... Alex thought as he walked on. ...Scissors could also work as my weapon, though... He thought. Alex wondered if their were actually any pairs of scissors at all. "I hope so..." He muttered, and walked past Terran for a moment. He also hoped there were no mirrors or anything to reflect himself on. It bothers me to see my own self in a mirror....Even though I'm sure I'll still look pretty. He hinted a smile. I hope a new character is introduced, that way it'll be more entertaining. Alex thought.

Edited by Jass

The frightful creature was getting closer. Zia tried to put her shield in front of her, but the rock was too big to get around. Her claws scrabbled at the cement as she tried to put more distance between them.

"D-Don't scream." She reminded herself over and over again in her head. "I don't want the other to think that I'm crazy when they don't see anything. I-It'll go away eventually." She reassured herself.

But the rotting smell got worse, to the point where she was practically gagging on the stench of it.

The creature was just at the edge of the circle of light that Zia now lay in as it came through the ceiling. Its could have touched her if it wanted. But it was just a shadow.

A fire red tongue darted out and licked at the cuts on Zia's face, slathering the smell of the dead all over her.

She kept trying to get away, but other than that she didn't do anything.

"Please, please go away soon!" She begged it helplessly in her mind.

Lila finally recovered her strength as she entered the room and looked around. She looked over and saw Aki, whom she quickly ran over to.

"Lila: Oh thank goodness one of you guys are okay. Aki. What the hell happened here?"

Aki wanted to go down there to help Zia up. But it was too dark to see anything, and Aki decided to not take the risk. "kkuh....Zia!" Aki shouted. He then noticed a weird smell. He ignored it, however. "Zia are you alright?" He asked again.

~~~

Maria looked around to see if there was anything sharp. I'll take of myself, after all, I survived being in a forest for years. She thought as she searched through the branches and bushes. "...Aren't you a healer or something?" She asked as she searched.

"Lila: Aki, what happened, why is there a giant hole in the floor, and why is Zia down it?"

"Oh dear glob, oh dear glob, oh dear glob…" Zia thought. The darkness around her was now filled with nothing but the writhing black coils of this... thing.

"M-Maybe this isn't a hallucination." She whispered. She was afraid to call for help at this point. If anyone came down they'd be swallowed whole! That and it seemed that she had a lump in her throat and couldn't push the words out loudly enough.

"H-help me... S-someone... P-P-Please!?" She tried to yell, but it came out just barely a mumble. All except for the last word, which came out as a high-pitched squeak instead.

The creature seemed to like the sound, as it's eyes flashed a dangerously bright crimson.

Edited by makenziec123

Aki looked at Lila. "Well, for starters, Zia fell through a hole for some reason,and now can't get out." Aki explained to her. "I hope Zia is Okay." He sighed. "I have a feeling though that this will be a long time getting her out though for some reason." Aki said.

The creature opened it's mouth, posing to strike at the defenseless Guardian Dragon.

Zia started to panic, scrabbling against the rubble beneath her to get away. She felt a lot of pressure on the spines of her wings though from the rock. If she tried to move much farther the thin bones would snap like twigs, leaving her even more defenseless than before.

"D-Did they forget about me up there? It feels like it's been a long time… I thought at the very least Aki or maybe even that mean old Zebra would come to see why I wasn't responding…" She pondered. "I guess he doesn't care about me the way I do for him…" She thought forlornly.

The creature licked it's chops, rearing back a few more feet from her, like a cobra would.

"I guess that's it..." She said quietly, accepting her supposed fate. "I wish I could breathe fire... Lily once said that shadows fear light..."

"Lila: Well. Then I'll just head down. Good thing I took out this while before I met you guys."

Lila lit her lighter and took out her plasma gun from between her-that's just better not to know of- as she prepared to head down.

"Lila: Wish me luck."

Zia struggled against the rock on her wing and leg again, crying out when she felt she came close to breaking a bone, and actually did tare the delicate membrane of her wings.

She bared her teeth at the creature, still somehow trying to fight back even though she already knew she was going to die.

She saw it glance up at the hole she had fallen through, but she didn't take her eyes off of the beast.

"M-Maybe someone's coming after all?"

Edited by makenziec123