Red2111

New release Feedback

I didn't have the lag where my screen would go white for over a minute during this release. My only suggestion would be, if the drop is kept at 1 pm that the drop be moved to Saturday so the drop still occurs on the weekend for the users who would otherwise get the 1pm cave time drop on Monday morning.

This release has gone splendidly thus far where I'm concerned. Neither midnights nor Sundays ever worked for me, but 1 p.m. on a Saturday was virtually perfect. As of 7 hours in, no other eggs had yet started mixing in (and I hope for the sakes of those who come on later that that will continue to be the case for some hours longer). It took me an hour to catch 6 eggs, despite the fact that I do not have the fastest internet, nor do I have a decent computer (I operate on a slowly-dying netbook), nor am I the fastest on the clicker. In my opinion, releases are heading in an excellent direction.

Just popping in to say that I enjoyed today's release. It took me less time to catch the eggs (about 40 minutes as a whole since the alpine ones started dropping later) and there was no lag. I was even able to catch one the moment that the release started, which is practically a first for a non-holiday release.

I still prefer the midnight timing, but only because we now have only 11 hours to get a caught-on date that's the same as the release date. I don't care much, but I know a lot of other people do for one reason or another, and the shortened time isn't very fair to them.

It did take me a bit longer then usual to catch eggs this release, but I was able to get them within a few hours. Last month took me minutes, but I'm not complaining about the May release at all. Maybe start the drop a little earlier, like noon or even late morning. I was never really a fan of the midnight releases. I rarely was able to stay up till midnight and the few times I did I wasn't able to catch anything and ended up going to bed with nothing. So I might as well had not have stayed up anyway. The new times work better IMO.

I like the new time too. I work early in the mornings, so my sleep schedule is VERY messed up trying to stay up so late for an egg. Pretty much because of that(and bad luck in that I often wasn't feeling well) I didn't even try, and just hoped they would still be obtainable when I woke up. I like being able to be there, to see the eggs, watch them hatch, and having them grow up when I am actually online.

Edited by Nectaris

Can't say I'm a fan.

I haven't been able to get any eggs.

Only saw some in the initial drop and just now on the top of the hour, and that drop lasted less than a minute.

Needless to say I'm not pleased with the new release time.

Don't really like the timing . It takes me hours instead of usually just one-- out here in the wilds, internet speed is affected by the number of people using it-- mid day Saturday is prime time -- so I prefer night time drops -- but as I don't have a say in the time choice Saturday is MUCH preferable to Sunday.

What might make me accept this change better is having an EVEN number of egg slots especially since we seem to have landed on 2 per drop-- 4 ,6 ,7??? why not 8??? 2 pairs of each and my collection is compete( more or less)

( I'd really like 10- but I'm not holding my breath)

Edited by dragonpuck

Definitely love it being Saturday rather than Sunday. smile.gif Time-wise, it's never really affected me, although I actually prefer the 1pm time, as it lets me get more sleep, rather than staying up past midnight to catch new eggs. Still difficult to snag the eggs during the 5 minute mark drops, but I've gotten used to it and actually caught them faster this time around.

I'm loving the new release times. Thanks bunches TJ.

Midnite drops never really bothered me one way or the other, but sometimes I would have much rather gone to bed instead of staying up. So I much prefer the middle of the day release time... 1pmEST is 12 noon for me, which is pretty much perfect.

I wasn't able to be here for the first drop today, but managed to get here at 3pmCST.. four hours after the initial drop. It took me just 10 mins to get 4 eggs.. 2 of each breed, which I immediatly Influenced for m/f pairs.

What might make me accept this change better is having an EVEN number of egg slots especially since we seem to have landed on 2 per drop-- 4 ,6 ,7??? why not 8??? 2 pairs of each and my collection is compete( more or less)

I wouldn't mind that change either. I'd be happy with just 8 slots too.. would allow me to get two pairs of each type instead of just one pair of each.

Would still prefer something several hours later, around 4-8 pm EST. Middle of the day is just very bad unless I just happen to have a day off.

I love the new release times. Thankyou for doing this, TJ. smile.gif

Previously, drops have been at 5am here in the UK, and it was horrible setting the alarm, and getting up for that time. Now, the drops are at 6pm, which is SO much better. biggrin.gif

I actually got all of mine within an hour of the first drop, defo better then last months sunday!

I'm in the UK with the 6pm start time and the last two releases have been sheer heaven!

Still not a fan of fixing what's not broken and with people living in or near my region as the sacrificial lambs (1am for GMT+8, and that's already on the EARLY side among Asia/Oceania timezones).

The advanced notice this time is appreciated though. Please do keep them for whatever changes planned in the future.

Edited by CNR4806

Well I managed to catch 4 new releases within 10 minutes so it wasn't too bad.

I'm all for a longer release, like two day long so everyone can easily catch them (but having old eggs mix in is great, too)

At first it seemed this time it was harder when I tried at the second :00 hourly drop but I got everything when I tried to get them 40 minutes later.

Still not a fan of fixing what's not broken and with people living in or near my region as the sacrificial lambs (1am for GMT+8, and that's already on the EARLY side among Asia/Oceania timezones).

The advanced notice this time is appreciated though. Please do keep them for whatever changes planned in the future.

A friend now has it at 3am. But as she says - it was so easy for her before - fair enough moving it !

I love it now. 5 am was - nasty. ETA and when I am in Canada - I wasn't too wild about midnight either. I'm too old to stay up that late....

Edited by fuzzbucket

I love it now. 5 am was - nasty. ETA and when I am in Canada - I wasn't too wild about midnight either. I'm too old to stay up that late....

This. xd.png I'm on exactly cave time, and midnight was not ever going to be a thing again. I'm not getting any younger, and I never realized how much I would value my sleep until I had an infant to look after! Staying up past 11 PM suddenly became not worth it in almost any circumstance.

I actually am fine with the new times. Im in Australia, so I wake up to find the best surprise for me. C: Even now, you can be a bit late and pick up the eggs quickly. So when I wake up its about three or something hours after the first eggs are dropped, allowing me to not stress so much about the eggs. Im happy! A happy Tiga! C:

Personally, I love the new time. Having to get up at 6 AM (my time) on a Sunday wasn't exactly fun. Now, at 6 AM, I feel much more relaxed than before. And even if I don't manage to grab my fill during the first drop, at least I'm not quite as disappointed because I didn't have to put in as much of an effort as before.

Still, to make things as fair as possible, full 24 to 48 hour drops would be amazing.

The new time was great for me! Of course, I forgot about it until 9 hours later, but they were still super easy to catch and I had mine within 30 minutes of beginning my hunt. I think this new set up is perfect!

I am very satisfied with the information and execution. I managed to get egglocked within the first hour, so I am very content ^^

I also like the 2~3 breed per month release. I am certainly curious to see what's going to happen on the DC birthday too c: