picknick10

Closed/ Rebooting

OH GOD IT'S ANOTHER ONE OF THESE censorkip.gifS THE NUMBER OF BRIGGS TYPE TESTS I'VE TAKEN IS OVER 9000.

I'LL DO IT ANYWAYS

It's really been awhile and it's change a bit but I think it was INTP last time... still doing it again

Has anyone noticed how Morke is talking? I swear I didn't mean for it to happen but he's sounding more and more like Caliborn.

user posted image

Edited by Luckyclaw

Artemis's current greatest fear? Kira. Have fun

Also I'm an ENFP, but like on the edge for all of them.

Edited by DrakeOfBones

I don't think Morke knows anything he should be afraid of yet. Honestly, I don't even think he fully knows what he's doing to others. Like a kid on the playground who is big enough to bully everyone so he never gets pushed down, therefor he doesn't see that he's truly causing others 'pain'. So when he's exposed to his worst fear, he doesn't know he should be afraid of it. Even when he does recognize fear in the future, I'm not sure if he's the type to be crippled by it. More the type to examine and question why he's afraid. Scaring him is like presenting a biologist with a new species of animal.

So I had the feeling he'd play with the cloud. I tried not to give him full mastery over it so you can decide how far his attempts are going, Sai. After all, Chobit is the master commander of his cloud. Morke is pretty much using an Action Reply while the Admin is still coding it.

No one is able to tamper with Chobit's magic except her. So he can't alter the image. She is immune to other dark magic which is the only kind capable of her cloud.

Also DRAKE IS ENFP WHICH MEANS HE HAS THE PERSONALITY OF NARUTO USAMAKI. Huehuehue

Edited by Sai

Not to seem nitpicky or anything but, that sounds a bit... god moddy? I mean, Choru's dragon is practically born with black/dark magic in his blood, giving him that kind of ability.

Duordin will develop a kind of energy magic, meaning Jaden will have minimal control over Duordin's abilities once casted since he can manipulate energy, yes? Or did I misunderstand Jaden's ability?

At any rate, I think it would also be unfair for Chobit to be immune to dark magic or illusion magic. I could understand her being immune to her own illusion clouds as it would only make sense incase she ended up caught in her own puffs of magic. Sorge would be the same way. She's immune to her own illusions but certainly not immune to someone else's abilities. It's a natural defense incase someone tried turning their own ability against the originator.

Edited by Narvix

I didn't want to say anything because I didn't want to offend you Sai, but please give me something here. Kira burns at 9010 °F (Rocks typically melt at 1100 to 2200), she can feel every small thing that graces her, and now Morke can't even counter her dragon's dark cloud ability. I'm not asking for him to be able to turn it around entirely, but his specialty is dark magic. He's not like a normal Terrae that would probably have earth. Kira and Chobit are a little untouchable right now...

It's not hardly god moding to be immune to your own element. It's almost stupid to think so. That's like saying it's stupid for a phoenix to be immune to fire attacks.

Also, your rational is irrational. people have hairs all over their body that can yes, indeed feel every little graze. I know I always know when a spider is on me. No matter the size. As for the temp, that is the temp at which blue fire burns. And she IS INDEED, a fire mage. Herp.

Jaden's magic is most comparable to a sort of magical alchemy.

IF YOU WANT THINGS TO AFFECT THINGS: Use their weakness. Dont attack Kira with FIRE and then be surprised it doesnt work. You would use water.

Edited by Sai

That's not really the point... I already stated that they would more often than not be immune to their own power. However, if a dark magic user is attacked with dark magic from someone else, they would still be dealt some damage in some form. Not every attack is going to be the exact same.

Also, to burn at 9000*F is really close to the temperature of the Earth's core (calculated to be around 10,800*F) meaning that just about everything on the surface would be all but vaporized. It's because the outer edges of a nuclear explosion reach about 10,340*F and we all know the effects of such an explosion...

On the spider, not everyone can feel tiny spiders. It depends on an individual's nerve system mostly, I believe.

We're not saying 'no you can't do that.' We're only making sure you're fair. I mean, Drake had intended Autumn to mask her scent as that of an everyday flower able to be found in the forest when she was searching for those responsible of the burnt tree. Yet you had Kira detect the female as easily as if she were standing out in the open three feet away.

Kira may be a fire mage but that doesn't make her immune to every type of burn. She's a human/werewolf first with the abilities of a mage specializing in fire magic.

Like Soria's a human/witch that specializes in music spells. That doesn't make her immune to the affects of music spells cast by someone else.

Edited by Narvix

Well that was an over estimation I'll admit. That's only for a special chemical that it can burn that hot. Normally it's 2552 F.

Kira is in fact immune to all types of fire as stated in her character. If you don't like it, oh well. As for the scent thing, I missed it and that's why I posted as such. If it was that big a deal, Lucky would have said something OOC.

Whichever the case, messing with other people's magic abilities is a form of PP if not allowed, and I didn't intend for anyone being able to tamper with her abilities. They can fight off the 'shades' but they cannot be altered.

Edited by Sai

I can see something like fire mages not getting burned, even if something irks me slightly about it; I won't argue with it... but even if someone shot a fireball, if there was another mage who could manipulate fire they would end up turning the fireball, changing it, or dispelling it. Morke is doing the same thing to the cloud. He doesn't want to turn it, and he's not sure how to dispel it, so he's practicing what he can do; changing it. A fire mage wouldn't just let themselves get smacked by a fireball, Morke won't just sit in a dark cloud. Imagine Harry Potter if no one could reverse spells.

It's not powerplaying when you reverse the fireball, or alter it in any way. Morke is playing with Chobit's cloud, Chobit's 'fireball', because he's also a being with attachments to dark power. If the cloud is still attached to Chobit's direct powers, not like a fireball that has been separated, then Chobit will have the advantage and will slap Morke out as if he was a tick playing on her veins. If it's a separated power, again, like the fireball which has been shot, then Morke is playing with her toys and Chobit can just fight back.

Morke isn't impeding her abilities, stopping, or forcing her to do something else without your consent as her RPer. He's interacting with her magic. He's a Firebender bending the flames she's using because it's a shared element. He won't overpower her, or force her to do anything, either. I understand totally if she has abilities that are slightly more powerful than his, he was born hours ago. I would totally see her having a high resistance to dark magic which makes Dark VS Dark even more epic; they would have to use more power than usual to affect the other. Same as Fire VS Fire, Thunder VS Thunder, Earth VS Earth and so on.

Think of Pokemon types; water Pokemon can use water moves on other water type Pokemon and get STAB from it, but the water Pokemon is water type so it's highly resistant unless it has Water Absorb, in which case it does nothing. If Kira has Flash Fire because she just happens to be a Vulpix, I don't mind. She's just got an advantage to work around. If a spider crawls on her pant leg though, I doubt anyone would notice. Especially if they were focusing on something else. Like a hot demon.

Also, you will notice I try not to say bad things unless someone else mentions them first and if I have to, I sugarcoat them or try to live with it. This needs to be said. Like Narvix said, we're not telling you to "stop everything you're doing right this instant or we'll eat you". We just need you to simmer down a little and try to be fair. We can't touch your characters right now. If you work with me, I'll work with you. Life's about compromise. I'll disregard the spider thing and just mark Kira as sensitive and my characters will try to work around it when they need to. Morke's abilities can be a little under Chobit's natural abilities to compensate for his large size and the fact that they're not natural (something I know would bother him and force him to work harder on his dark magics to make himself a better match), if Tatsuke tosses a fireball at Kira I'll mark it as Flash Fire and a wasted attack on Tatsuke's part. But Chobit's attacks can't have full immunity when he makes a move on a dark magic user.

Edited by Luckyclaw

You tried to alter something of mine without my permission. That is powerplay. Nothing more about it.

Your standards of sensitivity is too high. If I can wake from a dead sleep from a faint skim over my skin then she can feel a spider.

Edited by Sai

I believe, with the spider, Lucky's trying to point out that it was crawling along the outside of her pant leg. Not inside it against her skin.

With the ability, you have not made it clear whether or not the illusion cloud is a detached magic, like fire balls, or attached (not sure of an example to provide). If the magic is detached, any dark magic user can manipulate it since it's shared, like with the example Lucky provided for Fire benders and so forth. If it's attached, you can easily just have Chobit push Morke out.

At any rate, Lucky had explained that you were free to acknowledge whatever change (or no change) you saw fit to. However, you're making your characters rather untouchable and we're simply asking for you to be a bit more fair. Keep things a bit more in check. We're talking about hardly day old hatchlings (some only hours old) and hot tempered students who are currently more interested in hormones (as it seems to me).

If you want to alter another characters ANYTHING you must have the characters consent period. Also do not attempt to attack someone with their own element and be surprised when it is ineffective. If you want to beat someone exploit their weaknesses.

Now that that is cleared up, I am INFP.

But Sai is making an attack on the two characters. You're saying we can't defend ourselves unless the other person says we can.

Unless you are BLIND you would notice I said you could FIGHT them but not ALTER their appearance and nature.

However, Sai, you cannot really fight an illusion without being able to alter them someway. It doesn't have to be physically, it can be mentally. How an illusion works is through manifestation in a being's mind. An illusionist alters someone's state of mind, making them hallucinate and see something that truthfully isn't there. So, for starters, you are dangerously close to power playing when assuming that someone's character has been engulfed by Chobit's black clouds. However, I don't recall every word that I read so I wish to believe that you leave room for people to avoid said clouds or become surrounded by their choice.

Furthermore, in order to fight illusions, you have to alter your state of mind a second time. So, in a way, you are altering the illusion created by someone else. There's no other way to fight illusions.

... I have explained this 10 times. The illusions SOLIDIFY into PHYSICAL forms that you can FIGHT. They can also just disappear when Chobit doesnt want them to be there anymore.

I'm going to call this debate quits but, I do wish to make a note based on your comment just now.

Chobit can make the illusions disappear and appear on whim, whether or not she solidifies them, giving her a strong edge as it will make the solid illusions very hard to hit if she just makes them 'poof' at will before they are struck and reform them elsewhere.

That's my final remark. I grow weary of this drawn out debate when all I was trying to state originally was for you to be a bit more conscious of what strengths and weaknesses you're giving your characters.

I do hope we can continue RPing in civil manners.

For gods sakes. THEY ALWAYS SOLIDIFY. FACE IT THAT YOUR ARGUMENT IS INVALID. It would be the same of using any OTHER kind of magic. It takes ENERGY and EFFORT to remake illusions. So she can grow tired just like everyone else.

If this is over, then please edit your entry so we can continue.

Edited by Sai