SpiritWolfe

• The Plagued Earth | OOC •

I said six because we already have roleplayers who have/will have six characters. Four is more reasonable, but this roleplay isn't the most reasonable unfortunately.

Afraid to say that Amicus is dead. Say hello to Demetrio instead.

Username: Coryn02

Name: Demetrio

Breed: Ochredrake

Personality: Demetrio is a fun-loving drake who prefers to stay on the brighter side of life by sporting a positive attitude. He likes to interact with other dragons and does his best to help others in need. He has a strong sense of morality, as he believes in a higher power with good and evil that it governs. Demetrio also has a certain inexplicable attachment to the earth and particularly soil. While Demetrio is usually quite friendly and relaxed, he can be serious and deep when the situation calls on it. Overall, he is reliable and loyal, and values life above all other things.

Appearance: The various mutations ochredrakes are subject to have made Demetrio quite an interesting dragon, compared to the norm of his kind. Demetrio is mottled in color, being mostly brown with lighter underparts and darker limbs, instead of the more or less solid brown ochredrakes usually are. Instead of internal ears, he has longer external ears, which seem like those of a wolf, except that they have scaly spines on their tips.

Picture: user posted image

Crush/Mate: None, really (interests in this character are not discouraged, but Demetrio will likely pair with another drake, if at all)

Power: Also due to the changeable characteristics of his breed, Demetrio was gifted with claws that are longer, stronger, sharper and more curved in shape than those of other dragons. These make him excellent at digging (although he cannot pierce through stone with them). While he is good at digging, he is more suited to digging burrows (living areas) rather than tunnels (pathways for transportation).

Other: eyjd

Edited by Coryn02

Oh, I did forgot to tell you, I don't accept sheets with friend in them. Unless specifically stating that it's hard for them to make friends or similar. Ctrl+f friend on the front page, you'll see why

EDIT: Oh, but "friendly", the adverb, is okay. Because I don't need a bunch of thesaurused friendly replacements when you want to say your dragon is nice

Edited by MasterWeavile898

Oh, I did forgot to tell you, I don't accept sheets with friend in them. Unless specifically stating that it's hard for them to make friends or similar. Ctrl+f friend on the front page, you'll see why

Right, no references to friends. Ok then, reworking...

EDIT: Done. Is that better?

Edited by Coryn02

If he values life above all else why does he value it over his own life? After all, his life is still a life.

If he values life above all else why does he value it over his own life? After all, his life is still a life.

I could have said that better... Fixing that too.

EDIT: That should be good, unless there is something I neglected in my character sheet.

Edited by Coryn02

He likes to make interact.

I suppose those sorts of things are inevitable when writing a form at midnight or so...

Huzzah! I've edited my OP to include a link to the Master Recap. Also fixed Lilac_Lily's character form for the heck of it.

I just made the adult image transparent, I didn't touch anything else. I figured you would like it better that way.

Oh, TY!! I'd have done it myself, but I couldn't find an image already in tags, Imgur wouldn't support .gifs, and since this comp only has Paint... ^^; Anyway, I appreciate it.

So, is my character approved? I don't think there's anything else wrong with it...

No one has approved your character yet, so you'll need to wait for someone a mod to do so! I don't have the time to do it right now, so you will probably need to wait for Weavile to critique it or accept it.

Edited by Bacon_Strips

The tail is a such lighter and more flexible, but more delicate.

"A such" doesn't make sense. It should be:

"The tail is much lighter and flexible, but more delicate."

Or

"This tail is so light and flexible that it's delicacy makes it more fragile than usual."

Or something on those lines.

Also, might I ask why you decided to give him a prehensile tail. Sure, there's the whole, "It's cool and I want a power" deal, but you really shouldn't give someone a power, "just 'cause". Everyone's powers should be used frequently or deal heavily with their personality or such. If you're never going to use it, then what's the point? Everything needs a reason to be there.

I can list some examples of characters that have correctly used their given powers if needed.

Edited by Doctortear

"A such" doesn't make sense. It should be:

"The tail is much lighter and flexible, but more delicate."

Or

"This tail is so light and flexible that it's delicacy makes it more fragile than usual."

Or something on those lines.

Also, might I ask why you decided to give him a prehensile tail. Sure, there's the whole, "It's cool and I want a power" deal, but you really shouldn't give someone a power, "just 'cause". Everyone's powers should be used frequently or deal heavily with their personality or such. If you're never going to use it, then what's the point? Everything needs a reason to be there.

I can list some examples of characters that have correctly used their given powers if needed.

That was a holdover, so I probably [/i]should have changed it anyway. But now that it occurs to me, I can't really think of a good power for him. I shouldn't be giving him a power for the sake of him having one, so if I can't figure something out he shouldn't have one.

Yes, please, examples. Also fixing the syntax... I'll revise it to make sure.

Well let's look at a few of accepted characters.

Power: Myst is a great healer, but she doesn't use herbs, she uses magic. Bending magic to her will, she can heal any wound with a simple, delicate touch.'

This is Myst's power. She is a healer. Throughout her time in TPE, she has been just that, a healer. She has used her power appropriately and although her breed are not healer, her power allows her to be just that.

Power: Like her breed, she is able to create lightening can control where the arcs go. She is also able to fly long amount of times without needing to land. Outside of her breed and more on personal talent, her night-vision is much better than normal other Thunder Dragons. Not up to par by Black Dragons, but she is able to at least hunt and see what things are moving around when she is flying at night.

This is Ashni's power. It describes both what she can do in her breed and outside of her breed. Her regular breed powers are explained along with her personal powers. They are not OP and although she hasn't been seen using them often, hints of those powers have been shown and she has used her powers beforehand.

Power: Lucifer is the master of battle techniques. While he is small and doesn't have a great amount of strength, Lucifer can come up with fighting techniques like a pro. Lucifer can manipulate dragons very easily. He can break even the strongest dragon's will.

This is Lucifer's power. It is never shown clearly. It's always kinda been there. He has manipulated people and he has used his battle techniques, but it is never shown out front. It is always just kinda there in his posts. The key to this power is for it to work without people realizing it. He doesn't always use it, but he does use it often. Unlike the other powers, you'll have to look in Lucy's posts to find this power. It defines him as a character and isn't exactly a power, but makes him different from the rest of his breed.

These are several examples of powers. I can give you more if needed.

Edited by Doctortear

Well let's look at a few of accepted characters.

This is Myst's power. She is a healer. Throughout her time in TPE, she has been just that, a healer. She has used her power appropriately and although her breed are not healer, her power allows her to be just that.

This is Ashni's power. It describes both what she can do in her breed and outside of her breed. Her regular breed powers are explained along with her personal powers. They are not OP and although she hasn't been seen using them often, hints of those powers have been shown and she has used her powers beforehand.

This is Lucifer's power. It is never shown clearly. It's always kinda been there. He has manipulated people and he has used his battle techniques, but it is never shown out front. It is always just kinda there in his posts. The key to this power is for it to work without people realizing it. He doesn't always use it, but he does use it often. Unlike the other powers, you'll have to look in Lucy's posts to find this power. It defines him as a character and isn't exactly a power, but makes him different from the rest of his breed.

These are several examples of powers. I can give you more if needed.

That is good, I have an idea of what to do now. I'll change the power.

I had an idea a little while ago to make a size chart of all our characters. For one, I want to do it because I'm super bored; for another, it would be helpful in fights and interactions and whatnot.

I'm using the breed size and some rough estimates of specific character size so far. If y'all could help me, that would be fantastic c:

Here's a rough range of sizes, smallest to largest:

Rainbow Mist - Day Glory Drake

Rita - Seawyrm Pygmy

Lucifer - Sweetling ~ Zach - Sweetling

Herrero - Dark Myst Pygmy

Mers - Cavern Lurker

v

Derin - Red-Finned Tidal

v

Mystic - Porcelain (CR)

Hibiki - Whiptail

Mint - Mint

Mountain Mist - Penguin Wyvern (CR)

Sierra - Bright Breasted Wyvern

Ismeme - Ridgewing

Rien - Vine

v

Aysu - Two-Finned Bluna

Narnun - Arsani

v

Wobblefoot - Waterhorse

v

Bathory - Vampire (Prev. Daydream)

Sera - Sunsong

Skylene - Blusang Lindwurm

v

Michiru - Holysong (CR)

Azre - Sunstone

Aria - Celestial Spirit Guardian (CR)

v

Fin - Black-Capped

Roseanna - Rosebud

v

Lou - Tinsel

Raven - Raven (CR)

Kalana - Striped

Lineheart - Pink

Aladdin - Shimmerscale

Kirk - Shallow Water

Sindri - Lumina

v

Aqua Sunglow - Ultraviolet

Silv - Water

Skipz - Skywing

v

Spira - Royal Blue

Erikiteru - Electric

Kiska - White

Dre - Snow Angel

Astra - Nebula ~ Sand - Spitfire ~ Starry - Nebula

Jean-Pierre - Black Tea

Vortex - Nebula

Alvira - Alt Black

Tasimi - Tsunami Wyvern

Sunder-Eye - Red

Rico - Black Marrow

v

Medea - Grey

Viden - Heartseeker

Ashni - Thunder

Frozen Snow - Ice

v

Kurai - Black

Amara - Gilded Bloodscale

Rakushun - Magi

Glas - Moonstone

Luye - Soulpeace

v

Rue - Hellhorse

Aradis - Winter Magi

v

Thera - Hellfire Wyvern

Nitidus - GoN

v

Favian - Purple

Aerix - Bleeding Moon

Kleo and Kamala - Two-Headed Lindwurm (Blue)

Terra - Terrae

These are just my estimates, and I have by no means done all the characters, so feel free to tell me what to add or change ^^

Bumping this for more input~

I'm probably missing one million characters. If you would point them out, that would be fabulous.

Username: Coryn02

Name: Demetrio

Breed: Ochredrake

Personality: Demetrio is a fun-loving drake who prefers to stay on the brighter side of life by sporting a positive attitude. He likes to interact with other dragons and does his best to help others in need. He has a strong sense of morality, as he believes in a higher power with good and evil that it governs. Demetrio also has a certain inexplicable attachment to the earth and particularly soil. While Demetrio is usually quite friendly and relaxed, he can be serious and deep when the situation calls on it. Overall, he is reliable and loyal, and values life above all other things.

Appearance: The various mutations ochredrakes are subject to have made Demetrio quite an interesting dragon, compared to the norm of his kind. Demetrio is mottled in color, being mostly brown with lighter underparts and darker limbs, instead of the more or less solid brown ochredrakes usually are. Instead of internal ears, he has longer external ears, which seem like those of a wolf, except that they have scaly spines on their tips.

Picture: user posted image

Crush/Mate: None, really (interests in this character are not discouraged, but Demetrio will likely pair with another drake, if at all)

Power: Also due to the changeable characteristics of his breed, Demetrio was gifted with claws that are longer, stronger, sharper and more curved in shape than those of other dragons. These make him excellent at digging (although he cannot pierce through stone with them). While he is good at digging, he is more suited to digging burrows (living areas) rather than tunnels (pathways for transportation).

Other: eyjd

Changed the power and edited the appearance sections.

Edited by Coryn02

Theres too many friendly dragons already plus it feels so… So plain. Why not create a sort of "self purpose" for this character of yours? Something for them to fight for, to defend for, to work hard on.

I'll use my charas for example.

~~~~~~~~~~

Due to an accident while she was in her egg, Rien not only has a stub of a horn but it is also the cause for her paranoia (she was able to "hear" though sensing vibrations, but not necessarily understand what was going on.) Because of that very paranoia she struggles with interacting and believing in others as well as fighting against herself. (you as a new comer have not seen this yet due to the soul swap)

Rita was born with a condition where she can't move too quickly otherwise she will be unable to breathe- meaning if anything dire happens and she has to swim away quickly she can easily die. This will (hopefully) cause her to create a facade around others so that she can shake off the idea of dying, become vain about herself in an attempt to make her feel better about living, and/or cause her to become pessimistic about herself/about life.

Yes, Michiru is touchy feel-y and has a good heart, but exactly because she is such it was recently revealed that too much negative thoughts/energy can physically harm her (so far its only made her a bit sick). Therefore in theory her songs could be used not only to protect, but they can also harm.

~~~~~~~~~~~

You can give your chara some sort of personality that will conflict with one of the existing dragons' personality, or give them some sort of background or self belief stemming from what they see when they hatch. Or even something before they've hatched- a long distance memory (provided that your dragon has good memory and good hearing) or even something that was passed down from generations that is in the blood of that breed. It doesn't even have to be when they've hatched. You see an opportunity while RPing that dragon you can use that as a direction for there growth as a pre-teen/adult/change of views upon the world.

On another note, sorry again for not posting when I said I would. Something came up ^^; I have to do something at the moment, so hopefully its not too late for me to post when I come back (muses don't leave me now!)

Edited by Taleena Fuka