SpiritWolfe

• The Plagued Earth | OOC •

Oh, er, I expected Corny to read the whole thing... It's seriously not very long at all

I know it isn't that long, but I know some people take longer than others to read. So I figured Coryn may or may not be able to read it that quickly. ^^"

Oh, er, I expected Corny to read the whole thing... It's seriously not very long at all

Currently reading through the entire RP (so that you people can get on with your lives), no need to keep talking about it.

Sorry, doctor. tongue.gif I had to leave soon and was just skimming the post. I won't skim anymore, as it obviously leads to a lot of mistakes.

Edited by KoalaNoob

Coryn, you might want to be a bit nicer to us. After all, we are the people who you are going to RP with. No need to get everyone angry so early on.

It's alright, Koala. smile.gif

Edited by Doctortear

I hope you guys don't get mad or anything, but I think you guys should perhaps be a little more lenient. I didn't read the whole thing when I joined, nor did anyone tell me to.

*hides*

Silver, this is VERY lenient on my part. We are in no way being harsh. Reading the entire RP is not required, but it is best if you read some of it. Reading all of it will give you a upperhand opposed to those who don't read all of it. Reading everything is especially important now since the plot has gotten so complex. It'll take days, maybe even weeks, to explain everything that's going on to Coryn. Even then, Coryn may not understand a single thing we're saying. It would be best if Coryn figures out what's going on by themselves. If they don't want to figure out the plot, then so be it. It's just better to know what's going on before you join something.

Edited by Doctortear

Silver, this is VERY lenient on my part. We are in no way being harsh. Reading the entire RP is not required, but it is best if you read some of it. Reading all of it will give you a upperhand opposed to those who don't read all of it. Reading everything is especially important now since the plot has gotten so complex. It'll take days, maybe even weeks, to explain everything that's going on to Coryn. Even then, Coryn may not understand a single thing we're saying. It would be best if Coryn figures out what's going on by themselves. If they don't want to figure out the plot, then so be it. It's just better to know what's going on before you join something.

You have been around since the very beginning, Doctor, so I sup[ose you're right. I should know what I'm doing before I try to join. As such, consider my application voided; I'm going to reapply later (maybe, not really sure yet) once I actually read this stuff.

Thank you for understanding, Coryn. I apologize if I was rude in the few past posts. I just wanted to make sure you understood what you're getting into. I would just loathe it to see you get left behind by everyone else and be in a state of not knowing whats going on. It's happened before and I really don't want it see it happen again. smile.gif

Ok then. That makes sense. When I joined everything was fairly simple compared to this.

I just think you guys are kind of giving off a 'mean aura'. I have no better way to put it, because I'm horrible at explaining and lack the words.

*goes back to hiding*

We're just a little upset that Coryn started assuming things randomly. Well, we were, that is. You have to understand, everything we do is for a reason, Silver. We're not going to be mean to something just because we feel like it. We aren't trying to be mean. We're only trying to get our point across. Oh and this is not us being harsh. You have not seen what has happened in Unity. Let's just say it took one person three weeks to get their sheet right and they got yelled at later on. This is us being nice. I, personally, can we so much worse.

I know you're not trying to be mean. I just like it to be a bit more welcoming. You guys can be the logical crit giver people and I'll just be there to be well me.

Oh yes, we like logic. There's also the whole issue that we kinda don't want new people. TPE has been going down because there are so many new characters blocking out the old ones who use to be great. So when we someone else is trying to join, we get a little crabby. Yes, I know we shouldn't but we can't help it. Several people have made characters, posted a little or not at all, and then left. It makes us lose faith in newcomers.

I'm only at page ten so far, are you sure I can actually have this read by the day after tomorrow (current target goal)?

Take as much time as you need, Coryn. You have no time limit. But yes, you can have it done by then.

Edited by Doctortear

But give them a chance at least!

Again, I hate my inability to explain things. I always feel like I want to say more, but can't.

Silver, we are giving them a chance. I have no idea what you're talking about. I don't think you understand what we're trying to do here.

So glad I missed all this.

I know this is crazy and unlikely, but it would be neat if there was a TPE wiki. That way, we could post entire story recaps for some of our dragons.

...nah. That's impossible and too hard.

TPE actually has the master recap for it. I wouldn't suggest a wiki unless the story is incredibly complex in which the people who are in it have a hard time figuring out what is going on. (The very reason as to why DD has a wiki). There's also the fact that a wiki would be used mostly for lore and things that go on. TPE is kind of an open book.

I'm not sure that a wiki for TPE is neccesary, or practical. There's not a lot of "lore" or "background" that really needs to be explained :/

Not to mention, keeping it up to date would be a major pain.

I have to agree with Doctor. TPE doesn't have a highly intricate story. It has a lot of story, but it's not complicated if you read it

And a wiki really would require lore. Again, using DD as an example since it has a wiki. There's a lot of background and every character has a past far beyond what's in the RP. The plot is largely based around this lore, which is slowly revealed as time goes along. And thus, to understand the plot, you need to understand the lore. Wiki

TPE's plot is based around the hatchlings. Everything that's happened, aside from the stuff during the timeskip (which really had no effect on anything and everyone kept the same attitudes they had from right before), has happened in the RP. We could have lore for the pre-plague dragons, but that likely wouldn't affect the story. No wiki

Basically my opinion is this:

DD is a highly complex story with multiple facets and RPs

TPE is crap