MendezLightning

INFERNO HIGH - PERFECT TIME TO JOIN!

Zloko, as his luck would have it, was caught up in the explosion. He was thrown back into the fountain, but luckily, he survived. However, he had numerous cuts and bruises, and had hit his head fairly hard on the way down. Groaning out of pain, he drug himself from the fountain and tried to make sense of what just happened. Shops had exploded, people were dying, people were dead, there was a rather large crab thing lumbering his way.

"Wait, what!?"

Yelping from fright, he bolted, seeing the only familiar face he could pick out on a dime and heading in that direction. This familiar face was Zeke, who he promptly cowered behind, pixelating wildly from the fear. This was just not his day today. "W-what is that thing!?" he almost shrieked, trying to keep his disguise from flickering.

Nathan pushed Dylan and Carola to the ground, out of the way of trouble. 'I don't know,' he answered Zloko. 'But I'll tell you what it looks like. Fun,' he grinned maniacally.

His gauntlets' shards began to reform and rolled over his skin, until he was holding two long silver swords. Vaulting over the handrail, his sword scraped against the wood and he flipped around, his feet hitting the side of the moving stairs. He forced himself forward, sailing across the pit, and his twin swords plunged into the face-like shell of the crab.

Zeke immediately stripped naked at the sight of the giant crab. He glanced over his shoulder at the virus cowering behind him, "What? Never had to fight a giant monster before?", he asked as the skin on his face began to tear away. In a few seconds, all of Zeke's skin had ripped off and his seven foot, bipedal wolf form stood in his place. He dropped on all fours and shook the remaining strips from his fur. He barked once and lept over the railing after Nathan. His tongue lolled out of his mouth as he fell. Zeke's paws slammed into the left claw of the monster, pinning it to the ground and stopping it from clipping a girl in half. The beast swung it's claw downward to take off Zeke's head. He vaulted the claw mid swipe and watched it slam into the second claw. He bounced away on all fours and faced the beast, barking a challenge it's way. With the thing distracted, Nathan could hack away at the face on it's back.

Somersaulting backward as he withdrew his swords and landed again, the blades slashing into the right eye of the face of the crab. Blood gushed from its wounds and down into the fountain, where civilians were still trying to free themselves. The crab writhed and screamed and threw its claws in the air, smashing at the other floors.

'Awwwwww, sh*t ...' Nathan swore, as he clung on tighter.

Zloko hung back, protecting Carola and Dylan. He may have been injured, and he may not have known Dylan, but what he did know was that this was an emergency situation. If this crab beast kept it up, the entire mall would cave in, killing them all. He needed to use his intelligence to find a way up, but how?

Taking in his surroundings, he noticed the vines that used to cling to the walls had now dropped down and were dangling. They appeared strong enough to climb, and some stretched up to the layers that weren't destroyed. Those vines may very well have been his ticket out of there! Nathan and Zeke just had to keep the thing distracted long enough. Turning to Carola and Dylan, he asked one, simple question.

"Can you guys climb?"

"The hell-?" Tsuki seemed to be frozen in shock for a moment when the giant crab appeared, but she regained her senses quick enough. She looked over at Zloko helping the... humans and narrowed her eyes, the urge to cut off their escape route mounting. She suddenly transformed into her full-yokai form, clothes melting into her fur. She stood still for a second, debating on either getting out of here, joining the fight, or destroying the escape route. She shook her head suddenly. What the-? When did she let her yokai dictate her every move? She might not like these humans, but she wouldn't let her yokai kill everyone. She wasn't a heartless beast.

Growling, she decided on helping. She trotted over to the humans and Zloko. "Who cares if they can climb, they're just weak humans you idiot! They'll be insanely slow even if they could! Kishamire! Get over here!" she hissed. Then, she looked at Carola. "Either get on my back, or inside my mouth. Do it quick!"

Kishamire bounded over in his full-yokai form and mentioned for Dylan to get on his back.

Zloko hissed maliciously at the yokai, but put up no further protest. She had a point, and besides, if he stressed himself too much, his injuries would catch up to him and his circuits would overload. In classic terms, this meant that he would pass out. No matter how you put it, it seemed unpleasant. Turning to Kishamire, he gestured backwards at Tsuki while her back was turned. "Is she always like this?" he asked, irritation shining in his eyes. "Also...I'm not sure about how great I can climb. I'm a Cybermorph, we weren't built for climbing! If you have a phone of something on you, I could just hide out in there 'till we're safe."

Zeke dropped to a very un-wolflike power slide and skidded under the swiping claw that threatened to cut him in half. He slashed upwards with his claws at the monster's eye stalks. He was surprised to find that they were not as vulnerable as he though. He jumped back as the crab's mouth parts threatened to turn him into hamburger. He did not see the beast swinging its claw at him. The next thing he knew he was flying up to the second story ans whizzed by the humans and Zloko. He smashed through the storefront of a fancy clothing store and didn't stop until he hit the dressing rooms.

He sat there on a broken door with his head slumped, Waiting for his spine to reconnect with the lower half of his body. He felt the snap and the surge of pain that allowed him to feel is legs again and stood up slowly. His shoulder popped back into place with a painful crunch as he limped back to the store front. His regeneration only had enough juice to fix the major stuff, the deep cut on his back and the slash across his chest continued to leak blood. He dropped on all fours and shook his fur, spraying the fancy dresses with his blood. He came to a large circular table covered in high heels that gave him an idea. He sank his claws into the wood and drug it to the front of the store. With a grunt,he flung the heavy table off the balcony. It landed unsidedown on the crab's front half and was followed by Zeke's large form.

The crab struggled to grip the table with it's claws but the angle was to Zeke's advantage. He punched through the wood just left to the center and found what he was looking for. He pulled the thing's eye stalk through and ripped it from it's body. It shrieked in pain and thrashed wildly. Zeke dropped to all fours and struggled to keep the thing pinned. He looked around to find something they could use to end this. He found just the thing, "Nathan!", he shouted to get the boy's attention, "Chandelier!", he yelled, pointing up at the large, iron light fixture above

Dylan hesitated when Tsuki almost killed him, but climbed onto Koko-kun's back without protesting. When Zloko asked for a phone, he held up his mobile. 'I have one, but it hasn't been working since I got into this world ...'

Whistling as Zeke ripped the eye stalk off, he Nathan stood on the crab's back. When he was called to, he looked up and realised that the enormous chandelier hadn't fallen. 'Oh, God yes ...' he laughed, and he set off, bouncing from floor to floor, rising through the pit at a supernatural speed. As he reached the ground floor, he took one large leap and cross slashed the massive golden chain that held the chandelier.

The metal broke with ease, as his enchanted silver blades sliced through it and all that could be heard was silence, filled with the odd whistle of air, or a tinkle of crystal, as the chandelier cam crashing down onto the crab's human shell with a sickening crunch.

Kishamire shrugged. "Just be glad she isn't letting her yokai think for her. If she was, you and the humans would most likely have serious injuries by now, nya!" he said cheerfully. "Hang on tight, nya!" With that, he reared up and pelted towards the vines. He leaped up, sticking his claws out and gripping the vines before slowly making his way up.

It was obvious that this fight wasn't exactly going anywhere: the more they attacked the crab, the more rubble fell around them and the more likely it was that people would die in the mall.

Nathan leaped from the shell onto the rubble in front of it. He looked for a weakness. Maybe the underbelly? Or even the face? Maybe there was weak point there? The eyes? He just didn't know.

"Same deal," Carola added, patting her pocket where she kept her phone and looking around. What had happened to that vampire? Damn, he'd seemed to have vanished. The girl shook her head a bit and hung on tight.

Our dear vampire was actually up a few floors, helping other monsters clear out. He glance over the railing for a moment to see how the situation was being handled and returned to his current situation.

Dylan caught himself smiling when he spotted Aidrian helping monsters out from the rubble on the floors opposite to where the nekos had brought them. Maybe he wasn't the spawn of Satan after all ...

Looking at the crab again, Nathan knew that there was nothing his gauntlet blades could do to it. The shell was too strong and thick - it would sooner bury itself alive than be killed by them. 'It's no use. If only I had the Spear ...'

A lightning bolt struck into the crab's shell. With a final scream, the creature fell, its claws dropping, smashing through even more floors and blood filling the bottom of the pit. Looking up to the ground floor, Nathan saw the thrower of the bolt.

She was tall, slender and had golden hair that fell down her back. 'Nuala ...' Nathan muttered.

Once he'd helped out whomever he could Aidrian made his way over to the humans and glanced them over for injuries. "You two are okay," he commented, with a half mumble to himself, and then looked over the balcony again.

"Crab monster's dead.. okay." The vampire cupped his hands around his mouth slightly and called down "Zeke, Nathan. Both of you are alright, correct?" He ignored the blonde person for now.

((Abshcbjsdph- I just wanted to sleep!

On another note, my friend came back from vacationing and brought me a new knife. It's the best thing I've ever seen, and I just shdundzjdksldg-))

Zloko vanished, disappearing into the phone without hesitation. It may not have been functional, but it held the comfort of the digital realm within it. Besides, as he had stated before, he was by no means a climber, and didn't want to slow the rest of the group down with his incompetence. He just hoped that Carola was okay. That human had brought him a sense of hope, a sense of security even. If she were to perish... Well, he would actually mourn her loss. If he could figure out how. Mourning wasn't a thing viruses usually did.

Zeke dove off the crab and into the fountain when the chandelier came crashing down on the crab. He came out of the water looking drown. He shook his body and sloshed out of the water. It was dead and a very hot girl was high above them. He shook again, trying to get dry. He looked like hell and was covered in dirt, his blood and the blue blood of the monster. He stood on his hind legs and slapped Nathan on the back playfully, "We....We did a number on this place didn't we?", he asked looking at the mall above them, "Also, who is that girl?", he asked.

The girl leaped from the ground floor and landed easily on the crab's shell. She then plunged her arm into the blue wound that was still gushing. Her arm was completely engulfed before she pulled it back out, holding a long, non-bloodied spear, which was tipped with the lightest silver. She looked up and saw the two. 'Oh, hug, Nathan. Cad tá tú ag déanamh anseo?

'That's my sister ...'

"Hum, I suppose they can't hear me," Adrian mused to himself. With a shrug he headed down to the lower levels so he could converse.

Nathan, Zeke. You are both unharmed, correct?" He repeated, walking over to them.

Carola, glanced down at them. "I hope they're okay... And I'm seriously wondering what in the world just happened with that giant crab smashing things all up and being all rar," she said, rubbing her neck.

Edited by ktav13

'We're great ...' Nathan called back. He then walked over to his sister and began a hurried conversation in Irish. After a few moments he turned back and spoke. 'She's here with the Inferno Police Department ... Apparently three more demi-gods were found killed today.'

Dylan hopped off the yokai and leaned against the railing. 'I wanna what's happening too ... who is she?' he nodded to the girl on the crab's shell.

"I have no idea," Carola replied with a shrug and shake of her head. "I kinda wanna go down there but we should probably stay up here right?"

Aidrian frowned and dragged a hand through his hair. "Four murders in one day? And all of them demi-gods? This is very peculiar; were they all killed the same way as well?"

Edited by ktav13

Zeke nodded at the sister thing, not really fazed by that fact. He was surprised by the involvement in the police department. He gave them their space and looked himself over as Adrian ask if he was ok, "Yeah. A few cuts but I'll live", he said, "Did you not see me get thrown through that dress barn?", he wasnted to shift back but everyone wasn't as comfortable with his naked body as he was, "You didn't happen to grab my cloths? I kinda want to...stop being furry", he said.

((i'm pretty sure that aidrian will be okay with zeke's naked body xd.png ))

Nathan asked if they were killed in the same way. Fionnuala shook her head and added an Irish comment. 'Nope, they were killed in different ways, but their heads were all pinned to buildings. It was charming. Apparently.' Nuala nodded.

Calling down to the others, Dylan leaned over the railing. 'Hey! So ... is coffee still happening? Or is there a thing?'

'Yeah,' Nathan nodded. 'There's kind of a thing ... maybe later.'

"In that case you owe us coffee Nathan," Carola added leaning over the railing a bit as well. She propped her chin up a bit and looked at Dylan. "What do you think happened?"

Aidrian chuckled and replied, "If you weren't a dog I might not care. Hold on a moment I'm sure we can find them."

Suddenly, Dylan's phone speaker turned on. Zloko was attempting to communicate, seeing as he couldn't tell what was happening out there. "Hey, whatsyerface," he borderline growled, growing impatient with the world. "Is it safe to come out or what?"

Carola chuckled, hearing Dylan's phone from where she was. "Yeah Zloko, you're good. They killed it," she told him with a half chuckle.