MendezLightning

INFERNO HIGH - PERFECT TIME TO JOIN!

The vampire rolled his eyes, pulling his longing gaze away from outside and to the other boy, eyes hardening a bit. "Is that all you can focus on? Really? The fact that I like other men?" He rubbed at his forehead in slight irritation. "You're coming up all these wild assumptions, things I haven't even thought myself." He dragged a hand through his hair, looking back outside. "I had hoped mankind would have become a bit more thoughtful and understanding in the last several thousand years, but apparently not."

Dylan was shocked by the vampire. And himself. He had always been so open to gay people, yet here he was, being a censorkip.gif*. Having said that, there weren't exactly many gay people in Arkansas. Especially those that stayed in Arkansas. 'Look, I have no problem with gays, okay? I don't. I'm just not one of them. So go find someone else to stalk.' Grabbing a blue baseball tee and putting it on, he grabbed his satchel and left. The doors locked automatically, and he didn't think there were too many criminals in the dorms or the town, at least none that would go in through the window during the day.

Dylan had been right. There weren't thieves in Inferno, as far as he could see. But there were murderers, as he stared up above the entrance, with the rest of the student body and the Inferno Police Department. A head was pinned above the door, blood still dripping from its eyes, a spear through his skull.

Angelo de Milo really did lose his head when he lost at fencing.

Silke woke with a start. Her room mate hadn't stirred, so it seemed.

Fighting his way through the crowd, Nathan got to the barricade around the front of the school. Leaning against it, a large, tanned-skinned, blond police officer tried to get him to move, until someone else came over, a woman. She had bob-cut blonde hair and golden, shimmering eyes. 'It's okay, he's with me.'

She let him under the barricade and let him walk over. 'Thanks, Airmed.'

'Any time. Did you know him?'

'Yeah. I beat him in swordsmanship class. Then he kinda ... lost it.' Nathan's smile had long faded, as he eyes the blood and gore. It was truly disgusting, but from what he saw of Angelo, he probably deserved it.

'Interesting,' she nodded. 'Look, the school will be closed for at least today while we get photos and alibis from teachers, so if you see any other students coming by, take them to the shopping centre.'

'In America, they call it a mall,' he smiled.

'I couldn't care less ...'

Carola was there among the mix, in a partial panic from two things; one, the fact she was stuck in the crowd of students and two, the murder that had happened. She scanned the crowd for a way out, since she only knew about three people here, and spotted Nathan making his way through the crowd. The girl bit her lip before following him, mumbling an 'excuse me' or 'pardon me' as she moved past people.

"Nathan!" she called, and half jogged over to him. "What happened?" she asked the boy with wide eyes, pressing her lips together in worry.

Aidrian meanwhile was not enjoying himself at all. As if being stuck under a tree to avoid sunlight wasn't bad enough he could smell the blood even from there and it was making him 'twitchy.' He needed to drink, and if he didn't he was slowly going to decline and lose control.

'Hey,' he replied to Carola. 'Um ... a student was murdered last night - a demi-god, called Angelo de Milo. They know anything yet, since the investigators haven't gotten here yet. But school's cancelled, so we should go to the mall or something - I'd rather smell Starbucks than blood.'

The girl nodded, chewing her lip a bit. "Okay... You'll show me where it is right? I haven't been here long enough to know," she said, rubbing her arm a little. Carola couldn't help but glance at the head, feeling sorry for the kid; she may not have known him but the idea of a murderer in the school was enough to make her stomach turn.

'Sure,' he nodded. 'But we should get some of the other new kids as well.' He distinctly remembered that there was another human new kid that he should probably grab. 'Have seen that Dylan kid?'

Yet, he answered his own question, when he spotted the guy and grabbed his arm. 'Demi-god got murdered, we're going to the mall.'

'What?' was all Dylan could reply.

"We're getting coffee," Carola confirmed, stepping between the boys and resting her elbows on their shoulders - despite being shorter than both of them. "School's cancelled cause of the whole murder thing," she added with a slight frown.

"Nathan, please tell me they're letting us inside soon, I can't stand this sun much longer," Aidrian growled, stepping over to them. He had his hood pulled over his head and hands shoved in his pockets so that his skin wouldn't burn, but the sunlight made everything hard to see and his eyes were narrowed very much. "And if you could direct me to the nearest blood substitute that would be extremely helpful because I swear I'm going to ****ing lose it."

Zeke was surprised to see the police out in front of the school. He stopped and looked around. Spotting the human he talked to yesterday he jogged over, "What happened here?", he asked casually, "Please tell me school is closed". That would make his day if they didn't have class.

'Sorry, Aidrian, school's out,' Nathan shrugged. 'Demi-god done got deaded. We're malling it up!' he smiled, grabbing Zeke and Dylan and pushing the two onward.

'So, does murder happen here often?' Dylan asked, his insides doing somersaults at the idea that there was murderer near him.

'Nope!' Nathan replied lightly. 'But we have powers, so you're cool, don't worry about it.'

"Yeah pretty much," Carola replied with a nod to the other boy. She hadn't caught his name if she recalled. She dug out her ipod and put the headphones around her neck over her ears, following the boys. She figured that they were going to get lost in their own conversation so she turned it up and followed with a word. Aidrian muttered several curses to himself, trailing along after them as well.

'Wow ... first day and someone's already dead. Jesus ...' Dylan muttered. 'Does this happen all the time with monsters?'

'No ... Well ... Yeah ...' Nathan replied nonchalantly.

Zeke shrugged, "Kinda", he admitted, "We are a little more...hands on than humans." He walked along in silence. He realized that he had no idea where they were going nor did he care. He was just happy to be missing school.

"Hence why you should be wise about whom you trust," Aidrian commented. He was following them, a few feet back, almost sulky and listening to them talk. For the most part. Carola followed them silently, glancing around a bit as they walked. Her music could be heard faintly through the headphones.

'Yeah, plus the whole ... almost immortal, supernatural powers, super magical thing kinda works against us: we have a lot more to work with than humans, and you never really know when a person will die, because with one monster, you cut off the head and it's down, with another, you cut the head and grows two more. So most monster homicide crime scenes are ... a lot messier than human ones ...'

After his answer Dylan turned back to Aidrian. 'Um ... sorry about this morning ... and last night. Again. I've just never been stalk before, so I kinda freak out ...'

The vampire rolled his eyes a bit. "Yes yes it's fine," he replied, a bit tersely. "It was my mistake for not explaining clearly. But honestly you should expect this from vampire from now on forward unless someone 'claims' you." Aidrian waved his hand a bit without thinking and then snarled a bit in pain as his skin charred. "I hate the sun," he seethed, shoving his hand back in his pocket and slouching more.

Edited by ktav13

'I'll bear that in mind,' he laughed. When he saw Aidrian's skin burn, he replied. 'Then are you coming with us?'

Nathan called back to the others. 'The mall isn't far, just up the road. I wanna frappuccino. Hey Zeke, what's your frap?'

Grumbling he replied "Yes. And I apologize in advance for my behavior, I very badly need to feed."

Humming a bit Carola followed after Zeke and Nathan, seemingly in a better mood than before. "Oh hey Nathan," She asked taking her headphones off. "What kind of music do you like?"

Zeke looked up in confusion, "Depends. Whats a Frap?", he asked Nathan. He grinned at the vampire's discomfort, "Feel that glorious sunshine? Isn't it wonderful to be all warm and have a heartbeat and such", he said with specific emphasis to get to the vampire, "But if you want I could donate for you, I use to all the time for the vampire I used to date". He shrugged, things like that wasn't a big deal. It really wasn't to him, his dad had a vampire friend. His daughter was the one he would donate to.

Aidrian growled. "Don't test me dog," he warned. "Immortality has done a number to my reason and patience... You may just find yourself missing a throat." The vampire did not like it at all when people pointed out his obvious lack of life; especially granted how much he hated that aspect of himself. "And frankly, no. I'd rather burn."

Zloko trudged tiredly up to the school grounds, an energy drink clutched firmly in his right hand. He had stayed up a lot later than intended, and his systems were fried. His irritation levels only rose when he saw the police, but since he had no clue of the severity of the crime, he made a remark on it. "Oh, come on!" he hissed, nearly puncturing the can in his hand in the process. "I fell asleep at the crack of freaking-programmer-knows-when in the morning, woke up late, had to rush to get dressed, and now some idiot's probably made all of my efforts amount to jack all. Fan-freaking-tastic."

The virus sighed angrily, took a drink of his drink and walked over to the park, pixelating violently out of anger. This was already not his day and he'd only just gotten out of bed.

((Zloko. Zloko, this is not how you lay low.))

Waiting for a reply Carola glanced over absently, spotting that Zloko guy wandering into the park. "Oh hold on, I'll be right back!" She said before darting over to the virus.

"Hey, Zloko!," she called, to catch his attention before stopping by him. "Good morning~" she said cheerily. "School's cancelled so a bunch of us are going to the mall; wanna come?"

Zloko looked over at Carola, grumbling under his breath at her cheerfulness. God, that was annoying to him. What was that she was saying? Something about a mall? Those places were always crowded, and he wasn't one for that stuff.

"Hello Carola," he muttered, the pixelation still quite severe. "I don't think I'll come. I don't prefer crowds. What happened here anyway?" He took another drink of his energy drink, looking around with a tired look in his eyes.

"Oh um, well," she started, rubbing her neck a bit. "A student was murdered. Angelo de Milo, a demi-god? It's pretty gruesome I'm surprised you didn't see." The auburn haired girl sighed a bit and crossed her arms.

"I didn't know the guy or anything but man does that make me feel bad. I mean a murderer in the school, ugh scary," she said, more to herself and shook her head a bit.