popcorncat11

Are You the One Who Haunts My Soul?

Ronnie yelled,"Where is this place!? And what are we going to do when we get there?" He grips her waist tighter as she speeds up, it was an interstate after all.

((Spoiler alert! Ronnie's gonna get hurt in the midst of all this. Maybe he'll get shot... *evil grin*))

*proud 1D hater*

Edited by popcorncat11

"I'm not the only person to break out of the Program." Xia yelled, not feeling like trying to explain and get bugs in her mouth. Suddenly, she swerved off the road and onto an exit, riding into a small town who's main attraction was a gas station.

(( O.o Uh oh!))

Edited by chicbecause

Ronnie yells at her, "Ooh, if we have any time to go site seeing later, we should totally check out that dumpster over there. I hear its like the Statue of Liberty in this town."He looked around at his surroundings. Hopefully this wasn't where this "Program" was located.

"No. My motorcycle needs gas and I need something to eat." Xia explained, pulling onto the gas station. She handed Ronnie a ten dollar bill. "Go in there and get something for us to eat." She said as she got off and unscrewed the cap to the gas tank.

Ronnie nods and walks into the gas station. The old man working behind the counter was snoring loudly. "What a dump..." Ronnie mutters, and looks for the cheapest things that would fill them up the most.

Ronnie headed back to her with 2 bags of jerky, both for $1.99, some huge sausage thing that looked wrinkly but he was afraid to smell, and a bag of chips. He handed her the change and tossed her the food. "I'm not hungry."

Xia had finished refueling by the time Ronnie came back out. She caught the food and dug into the jerky like a starved animal. She hadn't eaten since yesterday morning. She had plenty of money, but she refused to go into sights of camera's without something covering her face. And when she walked into restaurants wearing a mask people tended to call the police and stuff.

"By the way, the names Ronnie. I don't recall ever telling you that. That might be important later..." He watches her eat hungrily, like an animal who hadn't eaten for days. "You seem to be a bit hungry. I could have given you food while you were hiding. You could have just asked."

"I may have forgotten to eat yesterday, and I haven't gotten the chance today." She explained, refraining herself from eating anymore now.

"That's not good for you. Don't be anorexic. Its bad." He stretches his arms and back, preparing for the second part of this monotonous motorcycle ride. He popped his neck twice, then turns his attention back to X.

"I'm not. I didn't have any food to eat." She admitted. "I usually eat at my friend, J.T.'s, place but he was kinda out of food too." She added, getting back on the motorcycle. "We have another hour of riding to go before we're there." She said thankful to change the subject.

Ronnie gets on behind her. "Ugh, okay. But if I die in the end of all this, I will kill you." He smirks, realizing what he had just said but not bothering to correct it.

X smirked, "Sure you will." She said, pulling out of the gas station and onto the interstate again, with her usual illegal speed.

Ronnie sighs, "I get the feeling that you don't understand humor. Either that or you just despise me." he looks down the long road, waiting for a huge building to come into view. AT least, that's how he pictured this 'Program'....

"You don't have to worry," Ronnie replies. "I care about Gufteds. I really do. They are my blood, my kin. I will do anything to protect them." He sighs, getting lost in thought. "That includes you, y'know."

Reagan sighs. Where was Ronnie? She blinks, making herself apparate to where he was playing for tips. She had known he was there, but she didn't know he left X. She turns to Isabella and Dylan. "Oh.. Hi... Do you know where Ronnie is?" She looks at Dylan shyly, then back at Isabella. Reagan always got uncomfortable around guys.

Edited by popcorncat11

"Did that girl just appear out of nowhere?" Dylan asked blinking not believing his eyes.

Reagan's eyes widen and she shakes her head quickly. "What are you talking about? I just walked up to you... Did you not see me? You are crazy! How could I just appear?" Stop talking...

X didn't answer. She didn't know what to say. Her empathy told her he wasn't kidding. She just kept on driving.

-One hour later.-

X swerved off the interstate and into a field, sending dirt flying everywhere. She got onto a dirt road and followed it for about a mile before coming to a larger barn.

Ronnie raises his head as a cloud of dirt surrounded him and X. He had started to fall asleep... X was now driving on a field. He could see a large barn in the distance. Was this the 'Program'?

X parked outside the barn, walking up to the small metal door on the side. She walked into the dark interior, voices could be heard from the outside.

Ronnie follows behind her, cautiously looking around as they wandered into the barn. It was dark. He heard muffled voices echoing in the barn. He couldn't help but wonder if X had made up the 'program', just so she could drag him out here and kill him off. No, I trust her...

A gun was cocked and set nicely between Ronnie's eyes. "Relax. He's with me." Said X's voice. The gun was pulled away from his head and the lights were switched on, revealing about fifteen to twenty other people in the room. "Xia, who is this?" Said a guy a little older then X, the one who had the gun pointed at Ronnie. "J.T., Ronnie, Ronnie, J.T." X introduced. J.T. tossed the gun back to its owner across the room and put his chakram back into the circular sheath on his belt. "Is he-" J.T. began, "-Like us?" X interrupted, "Yes, he is."

"Are you crazy!?" Ronnie says, backing up. "Guns now, too? I thought you were just vandalists, not killers..." he examines the people in the room. All of them were like him. "You are all Gifteds..." he says, loosening up. He had never been with so many Gifteds at the same time.

"Yeah, well, newsflash buddy. We're both. You are too. Just we were trained to do it." J.T. snapped, walking over to X. "Ronnie, don't. You won't be able to get back without my help anyway." Xia said, referring to the way he looked like he would bolt.

Ronnie smirks. "You think I don't know that? You think I didn't 'get the newsflash' when Canaan Gerard declared me The Gifted One? Put me in charge of all of you? I don't want to be in charge!" Ronnie looks at X. "I won't. Unless a gun is put to my head again," he says, glaring at J.T.

Edited by popcorncat11