guy person

The Forgotten Island

Ere had made a mouse army by combining two spells. It was hard work, and his vision was very blurred.

When it started raining, he let the mice drop and returned to the cave. He decided not to show or tell anyone his ability.

-------------------

"I suppose miffed means annoyed." She replied. She followed Alatum under a tree, staying dry.

The lightning crackled fiercely in the sky, causing her to shrink.

-------------------

"Wha...?" Cerise asked before being picked up and put down.

At that, she slept, but not before being dragged away.

((Volter got struck by lightning and sent a mental message to all saying he's paralyzed and needs help.))

((Oh god, my bad >.<))

user posted image

Tsumi stopped mid-flight when a strong telepthic message burst into her mind. Hello? Anyone? This is Volter. I'm at the center of a storm and I'm paralyzed. Someone please help me. Paralyzed? Oh, someone help him! Then she realized that she had a chance of helping him. She angled her body and dived to the forest floor, pulling up at the last second to land gently. She clicked her claws against a smooth stone, wondering what she could do. Well, just standing there won't help! she scolded herself silently, and she lifted into the air again with a rapid beating of her wings. Volter! I'm coming. Where are you?

"I looked annoyed? Why would I be annoyed?" Alatum asked with a hint of sarcasm.

When Daralis shrank back from the lightning, he tried to nudge her to stand back up, and placed a wing around her for comfort.

"Don't worry, its just thunder. You'll be ok," He said comfortingly.

user posted image

Stars Galaxy was feeling numb as someone picked her up and carried her on his back, taking her to who knows where. This hatchling felt familiar...was it Holmar? She passed out from the loss of blood before she could think any further.

~~~

user posted image

The crashing of thunder got louder and the flash of lightning seemed to be creeping closer with each bound Moon Puff took. Jade was clinging onto his back, trying to not to dig her sharp claws into his back. He finally made it to where he assumed was the center of the storm. He looked around, trying to spot someone. For some reason, his vision seemed to be better in the dark rather than in light. Not before long, he finally saw someone crawling on the ground. He rushed over to the figure who seemed to be as small as he.

"Volter?" he asked cautiously, placing a paw on the figure's back and jumping up when a small electric shock ran through him. Jade was launched off his back but she sailed back onto the ground, flapping her wings hard so as to not crash straight into the ground.

~~~

user posted image

Leaf Scales growled as Troulce managed to catch her off balance, ending up with her under him.

"How many times have you said that and failed?" she snarled, extending her claws and shooting them upward, aiming for his stomach.

<OOC: Volter's body still produces electricity...right?>

Edited by Dream_Dragon

Holmar ran onwards to the cave, powered only by adrenaline and fear. Fear of Leaf Scales, fear of the storm, but the most powerful fear of all, the one that eclipsed all else: the fear that Stars would die. Thinking about it dug a deep pain in his chest, sharper and worse than anything Leaf could physically do to him. Entering the cave, he lay Stars on the floor gently, and called out, I need somebody to help me heal Stars Galaxy! Please, do whatever you can to help! It was clear that his emotions were running high. Examining Stars more closely, he saw that she had a wound on her side, and began applying pressure there to slow the bleeding. He had to save her. Nothing else mattered.

~~~~~

Not noticing her attack, Troulce growled, yes, I've failed, but not because of you. The rational part of me has always taken over before I finished you off. Remember when I defeated you last time? That was a warning. Even if I am stopped again, you will most likely leave this fight with a scar marking your failure. Troulce finished, and only now noticed the claws in his stomach. Since they were still conveniently plugging the wounds they had made, Troulce took the opportunity to lunge for Leaf's neck, attempting to bite it in half. At the same time, he attempted to slash Leaf's side with his claws.

user posted image

With her claws still inside of Troulce's stomach, Leaf Scales felt his body movements, the way he moved, and guessed that he was attempting a fatal blow. Trusting her instincts, she shifted her head to the side and felt his jaws snapping a few centimeters beside her head. Just as she removed her claws (and not gently at all), she felt something slice into her side and she growled, automatically reacting by reaching up with her head and snapping at his chest, attempting to bite at it, while at the same time, she tried to grab his body with her claws.

Edited by Dream_Dragon

((He does produce electricity from his body))

Volter looked up, "Moon Puff? We need to get out of here now." Volter struggled to get up. He leaned on Moon Puff for support, not shocking him now. "If you can guide me in that direction, there are two others not far from here who may help." He pointed with his one paw.

(Tsumi? I'm with Moon Puff, if you just follow me with your mind when I talk, you can find and help me.)

Edited by Dotzrus

Troulce reared back as Leaf snapped at him, and realized he could turn his evasion into an attack. Blocking her claws deftly with his own, he continued rearing his head backwards in an attempt to do a backflip, and either bring Leaf with him, or kick her using his own momentum. Troulce wanted this fight to be over quickly, so that he could treat his wound. He could already feel the pain in his stomach, even though the bloodlust and mid-fight haze dimmed it down significantly. He'd have to get somebody to take a look at it.

user posted image

Tsumi kept beating her wings against the harsh wind, lighting to the ground with a tired sigh when she heard Volter speaking to her telepathically yet again, but fainter this time. Im getting farther away from him! Tsumi? I'm with Moon Puff, if you just follow me with your mind when I talk, you can find and help me. She got to her feet and lifted into the air again, despite the aching pain in her wings. Okay, she sent in reply, heading back the way she had come. I'm coming! She stopped and hovered in the air where Volter's voice was loudest, swinging her head for side to side to find him. Then, she saw a flash of blue and spotted Volter leaning against Moon Puff heavily. "Volter! Moon Puff!" she cried, landing none to gracefully in front of them. "What happened?" she demanded immediately.

<OOC: @Dotzrus "...not shocking her now."? Moon Puff is a he. xd.png >

user posted image

Moon Puff supported Volter along as the Thunder hatchling leaned onto him. Amongst the roaring thunder, his sharp ears caught the sound of shouting, followed by a blue and white hatchling who landed in front of them.

"I'm not sure," he said telepathically, "But we have to get help and two hatchlings in that direction are closest." Moon Puff struggled to hold up Volter.

"Could you help me a bit, please?" he asked, as the rain pelted upon them.

Edited by Dream_Dragon

Volter looked up at Tsumi, "I got struck by lightning. We all need to get to safety before this storm starts bringing trees on our heads. *Grunts* It feels like I got a rock tied to my back..." Volter looked at his back and a matching pair of two blue wings were there. "Oh... no wonder I'm unbalanced..." He shook his head and limped with Moon Puff and Tsumi to the hatchlings, Troulce and Leaf Scales.

user posted image

Shimmer Fin's eyes flickered open and she awoke with a start. She grunted as she sat up. Pain spread out through her legs and body, but she tried her best to ignore it. As soon as she woke up, her head started to hurt for whatever reason. She rubbed it gingerly; the pain subsided a bit but it was still there. 'What happend?' That was the only thought that echoed through Shimmer Fin's head. Then, memory flashed through her head and hit her like a bullet. Instead of being glad that she was alive, Shimmer Fin felt rage. How could she fail!?! How could she not be able to control the rain!?!? She had it! She was so close! What happend to her!?!? 'Patience, little one. Came the voice again. Shimmer Fin snarled. You had ran out of magical energy, that's all. You used it to much. All you needed to do was rest. But as you get older, your magic will grow bigger and it will take longer for it to run out. Now, get up. The storm is getting harder and even you won't able to withstand it at a young age. Get some shelter. Obeying the voice, Shimmer Fin quickly darted into a bush near the stream as the rain began pelting her harder. She heard voices and scuffling. She sniffed the air. She could smell fear... and most of all:

anger.

There was a fight going on. And she was right next to it. She peered out of the bush and saw two hatchlings. One green. One black. She noticed the black hatchling from earlier. She hissed with disgust but on the inside, she was actually enjoying herself. The two hatchlings' fighting was like entertainment for her. Then, the voice came to her again. 'That green hatchling is Leaf Scales, she is also bad. You're defenintly going to have some competition with her. And make sure you stay clear of that black hatchling, if he catches sight of you, who knows what will happen. Shimmer Fin nodded and quickly retreated her head back into the bushes, still peering out of a gap in the leaves where she could watch from a safe distance.

The orange hatchling chuckled to herself. Now that she actually knew what she was up against, she had a better chance of withstanding them.

Edited by WolfehDragon

user posted image

Stars Galaxy groaned a little and her eyes fluttered open. She felt...weak. Her whole body ached. And her side and wing hurt. She shifted her head slightly and caught side of Holmar, trying to suppress her wound.

"Holmar...." Her voice was faint, it could barely be heard. Then she fell unconscious again.

~~~

user posted image

The little Whiptail yawned and tried to stretch. Unfortunately, something was blocking her. Frowning, she looked around. What was this darkness? This...cage? Whatever it was, she didn't like it anymore. It may have been comfortable a few months ago but she was getting uncomfortable. Narrowing her eyes, she shot forward...and crashed right through the thin shell of her egg. She came out so suddenly that she kept rolling over and over until she finally came to a stop.

Giddy, the Whiptail laid down for the moment to clear her head. She looked around. She was in another enclosed space, but it was larger than usual. She spotted a few hatchlings but one looked desperate and was calling for...help? Why? What was "help", anyway? The moment she thought of that question, she understood what it meant. It felt weird. Shrugging, she ran over to the two hatchlings.

"H-help?" she said, with some surprise at her own voice.

Edited by Dream_Dragon

Holmar looked down at Stars, but when he saw that she was unconscious again he turned away sadly. Then, seeing the newly hatched Whiptail, he began speaking when another hatchling, a White, broke out of his egg and tumbled towards Stars. It got up and asked, does she need help? Holmar nodded, and showed the hatchling where she was injured. It was odd how much the hatchling wanted to help. Then, turning to the Whiptail, he said, could you get some moss from outside? I think that's what Stars needs most right now. Thank you. Holmar sighed, and drooped his head. He was too overwhelmed right now.

~~~~~

Riad was sad. There was another hatchling that needed help! He wanted to help so badly, but he couldn't do anything! He was stuck, so very stuck. Eventually, a thought hit him. Why didn't he try to break out? Pushing against the egg with all his might, he only succeeded in rolling it over. Scooting backwards, he lowered his head and tried again, this time breaking the egg and tumbling towards the hatchling who wanted help. Shaking himself off, he realized that he was unsure who needed help, so he asked, does she need help? The male Ridgewing nodded, and showed Riad where the female was hurt. Riad was shocked at the wound, and pressed his paws onto it. He felt a strange energy flowing through his paws, and exhausting him. He began thinking while he worked. Why was the Ridgewing so anxious to get help? Was he like me? If so, why didn't he do anything? Maybe it has something to do with their genders? And why am I so tired all of a sudden? Riad almost collapsed from how much energy he had expended. Unbeknownst to Riad, he had healed most of the internal wounds of the Ridgewing, leaving everything but the surface fixed. Pushing to keep himself upright, he said, I think she's a bit better now, but I'm really hungry. Could you get me some food? Riad fell onto the ground, and began resting. He would need the energy.

((Yay! More chars! I feel kinda bad that we have been bombarding guy with our new characters.))

user posted image

Ujurak opened his eyes. All he saw was darkness. And more darkness. He didn't like it. He tentatively reached out a paw to touch the black walls confiding him. Yep. There was defenintly something blocking him. Not knowing what to do, Ujurak flailed wildly in his confinement. "Help!" He cried. But the voice was feeble and weak; no one would hear him now. In his wild attempt to escape, he accidently pushed himself to one side of the wall and the egg tipped over, making contact with the cave floor. Ujurak gave out a yelp of utter terror and bewilderment as the walls suddenly gave way and Ujurak tumbled out of his egg ungracefully. Grunting with effort, Ujurak pushed himself to his paws. He looked somewhat dizzy and confused. He stumbled over to a nearby rock and rested himself on it for a while.

After a bit of resting, he got up and walked up to some mossy rocks. His jaws clasped over the furry, green things and he tugged on them, pulling mouthfuls of them off of the grey rocks. He scuttled over to a corner in the cave and set them down there. Next, he looked up some rocks jutting out of the cave and he gathered some cobwebs from there. He gently set it down in his corner. He looked around, for once, he noticed that some other hatchlings in the corner, tending to a wounded Ridgewing. He heard that the Ridgewing needed moss. Ujurak cocked his head to one side and shook his head. He scuttled outside the cave and later came back with some wet ferns and leaves in his jaws, soaked from the storm outside. He padded over to the Ridgewing and inspected her closely. He gripped the fern tightly in his jaws and put it over the Ridgwing's side wound. He scrubbed hard with the moss, cleaning away the hot, sticky liquid from the Ridgewng. Sighing from the hard work, he looked up, but still avoided the gazes of the other hatchlings. "I'll bandage her wounds with some cobwebs." He reported, and scuttled off on long, wobbly paws again. He gripped two of the cobwebs in his mouth from his corner of the cave and soon returned to the others.

His paws worked smoothly, wrapping the cobwebs around the Ridgwing's wings and side until it was completely covered in a sticky, transparent web.

Edited by WolfehDragon

user posted image

The moment Troulce was off her, Leaf Scales jumped onto her paws but soon found herself crashing into a tree and falling to the ground. "D...Damn it, wasn't expecting him to pull off that one..." Leaf Scales snarled as she got up slowly. "This isn't over yet!" She was about to charge when a brown hatchling, a little smaller than she was, jumped in front of her. Leaf Scales' eyes gleamed when she heard what the hatchling said. "This will be interesting...soon enough, she'll know not to interrupt me when I'm fighting..."

~~~

user posted image

The Whiptail was confused as to what moss meant but another hatchling, one that smelt newly hatched, brought some soft, green stuff and helped with the unconscious Ridgewing's wound. "So that's what moss is," she thought. She backed away slowly. What could she possibly do to help the hatchlings? She was just a...a baby, compared to them. She didn't know anything. Shaking her head, she shot out of the cave in a brown blur (with blue stripes).

Skidding on the wet grass, she looked up. What? Why was it dark? She could barely see anything. Was this what the world looked like? A dark...sky? Water falling down? Or was it called rain? She wasn't sure if she liked it or not. It felt cold. She remembered what the white hatchling had said.

"I think she's a bit better now, but I'm really hungry. Could you get me some food?" The little Whiptail stood there, twitching her tail. Food? Where could she find food? She sighed. So much for being helpful. She didn't even know where to find food. The moody weather wasn't helping either.

The Whiptail cocked her head. Why was she feeling all these negative emotions? What was there to be upset about, anyway? Squinting, she spotted a...a...a forest! It was fairly near to the cave and she immediately ran over to it. Spotting a stream, she ran by it until she picked up a disturbing sound. Looking over the river, she saw two shadowy figures that seemed to be jumping at each other. Curious, she jumped over the stream and peeked over the bushes, which had some kind of small, squishy berries hanging from them, just in time to see a black hatchling kick a green hatchling into a tree. She did not see an orange hatchling who was also watching them. She scowled. Why had the black hatchling kicked the green one?

"Hey!" she shouted and jumped in between the two.

"That wasn't very nice!"

Edited by Dream_Dragon

((OOC: Talking is a Free Action!))

Troulce's ears picked up another hatchling in the forest, but he decided to ignore it for now. Instead, he looked down at the Whiptail, and said, 'not very nice?' I'll tell you what wasn't very nice. That hatchling just heavily injured another, a female Ridgewing by the name of Stars Galaxy, and most likely intended to kill her. I entered just in time to stop her, but only because Holmar, a male Ridgewing, told me. Trust me when I tell you that this hatchling is evil, and that Holmar would have done anything for Stars. With this in mind, I suggest you leave before Leaf gets back up, and possibly get some moss. I'm wounded, and will need help later. Then, he sent a telepathic message to the 'hidden' hatchling. Just go. I don't have time to deal with you. Run. Now. Leaf is not to be messed with, nor am I. Then, Troulce walked towards, Leaf, and said, don't even try attacking again. I will only be stronger, and my vengeance will be more acute. Take my advice, and go into the tundra. You'll find many helpless victims there. Maybe even an elf or two, if you're lucky.

~~~~~

Holmar nodded in thanks, and collapsed next to Stars. He'd never let her out of his sight again. Then, he looked at the Daydream and said slowly, could you get some food from the pile at the mouth of the cave? I think the White over here needs some. Also, I could do with some food as well. Holmar lay his head on Stars' back, and began weeping softly. How could the universe let this happen?

((OOC: Reply Onix!!!))

Edited by Narath

user posted image

Leaf Scales smirked at Troulce even though the wound at her side was practically burning.

"No..." she said, her voice suddenly morphing into the sinister voice of the blue phoenix in her, "Never!" Her eyes flashed blue, an eerie, luminescent midnight blue, standing out in the dim light.

"Leaf Scales doesn't even have control over her own body," the phoenix sneered, "Did you really think that a hatchling could be that corrupted for no reason? Of course not - there has to be something else. In her case, a curse..." He walked past Troulce as if he wasn't there.

"I think I'll stay in this place a little longer," chuckled the phoenix, "I like it, so many weak little hatchlings...and I get tired of just staying in Leaf's mind, you know. I'm sure you won't miss one little Whiptail." Lifting up a claw, he clenched it into a fist and a bush came out of nowhere, swallowed up the Whiptail, and disappeared.

"I'm actually impressed by the way you fought. I guess I'll have to teach Leaf to be better, eh? Later," he laughed, jumping up into the trees and leapt from one branch to another. His eyes gleamed as he made his way through the forest. It was fun to be out again...to actually have a body again. He had waited for so long...he could actually take permanent control over the Neotropical's body. But it wouldn't last long, he knew. Only when he had regained his full power, he could take over but only from time to time. His eyes narrowed to slits.

He was going to have a little fun with the Whiptail.

~~~

user posted image

The Whiptail didn't know what happened. One moment, she was standing there, the next...

She was sitting inside this bush, which was apparently moving.

Where was she being taken to?

Edited by Dream_Dragon

Troulce sighed, and thought to himself, great. A curse, and a stolen Whiptail. Magic is inherently evil, I can tell that much. Well, I guess healing magic isn't evil. I'd sure appreciate that right now. I'm going to have to ... ugh ... ask Sparsus to see if he can break the curse. If it's a chance at removing evil from this world, I'll take it. Troulce started running towards the cave before he remembered his stomach wound. Immediately, he doubled over, and slowly began walking towards the cave. As he walked, he sent a telepathic message to everybody he could reach. Leaf Scales is under the effects of a curse, apparently. It seems to be causing her to act evil, and under its influence she has abducted a Whiptail. I have been injured in a fight, and cannot pursue her. Also, Cerise is wounded, and is wandering the forest near the tundra. I suggest that somebody go looking for her. That is all. Troulce closed the mental link, and continued hobbling back to the cave.

Redwing picked up on Troulce's message, she took a moment and contemplated what should be done. then she looked over at Sparsus, "You go fix up Troulce, I'm going after Leaf." She stood and headed for the forest, she wished her power would activate right about now so she could find Leaf more easily. As it was she'd be wandering in the woods waiting for an ambush. But you gotta do what you gotta do, she steeled herself and prepare for a long night.

Sparsus wasn't about to let Redwing make a fool of herself, "I'm coming with you, there's no way you can-" She cut him off.

"You're helping Troulce. And look, there he is." She pointed towards the edge of the forest.

Sparsus followed her indication to the figure of a Black, Troulce didn't look too good. He walked over to him as Redwing walked into the forest.

user posted image

The pouring of rain became heavier and the clashing of thunder became louder as he neared the center of the storm. The blue phoenix, still having control over Leaf Scales' body, could feel himself faltering as he jumped from one branch to another. Damn it, he was losing control! He growled. Yes, he could still drive Leaf Scales mad with rage and bloodlust, but he would not be free, he would be trapped back in the damn Neotropical's mind! He snarled as he jumped another branch. Oh, he was going back, but one day, he was going to take permanent control over the hatchling's body. Even if it was impossible, he swore he would do it one day. Yes, he would...now that the hatchling was no longer in its egg, he would start regaining his powers. He didn't care that the curse now linked him to that pathetic Neotropical. He took one last leap...

Leaf Scales blinked, her eyes instantly switching from a midnight blue to pitch black. What the...how the hell did she shift from standing on the ground to leaping through the air? She winced as pain shot through the wound in her side. A mistake it was, to get distracted, because as she focused once again in front of her, the trunk of a tree loomed ominously up, showing its great height compared to Leaf Scales.

"Great."

CRACK.

Leaf Scales slumped to the ground, unconscious, with her wound still bleeding.

~~~

user posted image

The Whiptail sat there, terrified. Then she came to her senses. What was she doing? She should be jumping out of the bush, instead of just sitting there! Raising her tail in anticipation, she shot out of the bush, rolling over before coming to a stop. Looking around, it was hard to make out where she was in the dark of the storm but she could tell that she hadn't went far. What she didn't notice was the bush coming to an abrupt stop behind her.

After a bit of walking running, she made out a familiar shadowy figure in the distance. At the same time, an awfully familiar voice spoke in her mind. It sounded like...

"Hey!" she called out, and in a twinkle of an eye, she was beside him.

"Hey, I'm really sorry about earlier, I didn't know that Leaf Scales was evil but I guess it's because of the curse thing you were talking about in my head. Are you hurt?" inquired the little Whiptail in one breath and immediately noticed the wound the other hatchling had.

"Oh, never mind, that was a stupid question. Hey, who's that?" They were nearing the cave now and someone was coming out of it towards them. She ran over to the figure in a flash and cocked her head.

"Who are you? Do you think you could help him? He's hurt," the Whiptail squinted at the figure in the rain.

<OOC: FINALLY, I finished re-writing the post after the stupid iPhone erased it...>

Edited by Dream_Dragon

((OOC: hate it when that happens. That is why I always try to use my laptop.))