guy person

The Forgotten Island

Mango handed over her left over half of the fruit. "Trade?" She asked, setting it down on the cave floor. She dug through the pile until she found a bright red fruit. She bit it, and found it nicely sweet and crispy.

Volter was unconscious, but he could feel the presence of everyone on the island. Everyone had electricity, in their brains! He tried to think of what to do, but his body was unresponsive. He tried to open his eyes.

Volter opened his eyes and the presences were gone. He couldn't move his body which was wet and covered with mud. He sent a mental message to anyone and everyone. (Hello? Anyone? This is Volter. I'm at the center of a storm and I'm paralyzed. Someone please help me.) He felt useless like this, he was afraid of the worse, and he was in need. Volter laid there, stunned.

Tatha grabbed the fruit with her mouth and bit into it *BLEH* she made a sound and spit the fruit out "Ehh.... That was horrible... I think I only eat meat..." she said as she used her paws to wipe out the remaining fruit

Mango

"Okay! We have one more mouse I think!" She said and dragged over the mouse. "Here you go!" She said, happily placing it in front of the griffin. "Want to try this crispy red fruit too?" She asked Saffron

"Thanks!" she said. Tatha grabbed the mouse and swallowed it with one gulp "Mmm... that was delicious" She said. " Well, I'm gonna go take a nap" she said as she walked over to a corner in the cave curled up.

(Sorry if I missed something, I skimmed through the posts.)

user posted image

Tsumi stayed behind in the cave, watching as Mango bounded away. She would go later. Right now, all she wanted was to stay out of the rain... She could see dark thunderclouds brewing in the distance. Her eyes trailed over to Volter, and sure enough, he was feeling the pull of the storm. She sighed, her gaze following the Thunder hatchling as he left the cave. I could get some air, too. She trotted out of the cave, following Mango's scent trail. Soon, it was lost in all of the scents of the forest, and she took to the air with powerful wingbeats. "Mango?" she called down loudly, swinging her head back and forth. "Where are you?"

((Volter got struck by lightning and sent a mental message to all saying he's paralyzed and needs help.))

((Is it a mango or banana?))

"Trade!" She agreed, trading it with Mango. She nodded to the offer and bit each of them.

They were yummy, but not as yummy as the orange or yellow fruit she ate.

"Hear that? I think someone's calling you." She told Mango.

Alatum looked at Daralis, confused.

"Miffed? What does that mean exactly?" He asked.

As they entered a clearing in the meadow, he felt water begin to hit him. Looking up, he saw storm clouds rolling in quickly.

"Maybe we should stay in shelter of the trees. We can fly later." Alatum said.

((OOC: Flying probably isn't a good idea during a lightning storm. But niether is going under a tree.))

Troulce sighed and said, you need help. You're bleeding still, and you're not thinking straight, obviously. Grunting with exertion, Troulce tried to pick up Cerise and carry her on his back. He'd have to get back to the cave quickly, seeing as a storm was brewing. At least the metaphorical storm was gone ... for now. Troulce recalled an ominous phrase, though he didn't know from where. This is the calm, that comes before the storm. Troulce shuddered, though it was not from the cold.

user posted image

Stars Galaxy nodded and went to the bush. Deciding that the berries behind the bush were bigger, she went around it and began picking some. However, a couple of minutes later, she found herself caught in the rain. On the bright side, the rain would wash the dirt off the berries, anyway. Water cascaded down Stars' purple scales, streaming down her wings. Personally, she liked the rain. It felt cool and refreshing. But she did wish that there wasn't any lightning or thunder involved. It kept making her jump each time there was lightning. Because of the rain, when she peeked over the bush, she could no longer see Holmar, as the dark grey, rumbling storm clouds blocked out any light given out by the sun.

All of a sudden, she heard a snarl and in a blink of an eye, found herself flat on her back. She just managed to not squash her wings.

"Try screaming for your boyfriend and I'll kill you."

Stars stared at the figure in the darkness with terror, remembering the warning, recognising the perpetrator's voice.

"Holmar, Leaf Scales got me."

~~~

user posted image

Moon Puff stared after the staggering Cerise. He was confused and puzzled. Why did she think that he was telling lies? As though to match his mood, ominous, rumbling storm clouds gathered overhead, blocking out the sun's merry shine. Not long after the first fat drops fell onto Moon Puff, a downpour began, drenching the little Moonstone standing alone in the forest.

Sighing, his head drooped. He noticed Jade shivering, standing close to him on the ground. He took her into his paws, trying to warm her. At that moment, a telepathic message reached his mind.

"Hello? Anyone? This is Volter. I'm at the center of a storm and I'm paralyzed. Someone please help me." Moon Puff looked around at once. Center of the storm... He looked up at the skies. The clouds seemed to stretch for miles. His ears twitching, he tried to listen for any particular sound, but all he could hear was the roar of the downpour and the sound of thunder rumbling somewhere deep in the clouds. He jumped as lightning flashed. He sent a telepathic message back.

"This is Moon Puff. Hang on, I'm coming." Setting Jade on his back, he ran off (like a bunny). Straining his ears, he realised that there was actually a different level of sound in the storm. The middle of a storm should be the loudest, so... He stopped for a moment and headed for the center of the storm.

~~~

user posted image

Leaf Scales could not bear to wait any longer. When the storm came, though, she was glad for it. Holmar wouldn't be able to spot her. She would be able to kill in peace. She let out a snarl and pounced on Stars catching her straight on her back. After threatening Stars, the Ridgewing went still and Leaf Scales smiled in the darkness. However, a thought occurred to her.

"You didn't try calling for your boyfriend...telepathically, now did you?" The tone was smooth, cool, and had a hint of malice in it. Stars didn't say anything but she whimpered. Leaf Scales narrowed her eyes.

"You did." Unsheathing her claws, Leaf Scales swiped at Stars' wing. At least, she assumed it to be her wing. It was flat on the ground. A yelp came from the figure below her and Leaf Scales smiled.

"I don't really care because, whether you called for your darling boyfriend or not, I'm gonna kill you." With that, Leaf Scales plunged her claws into Stars' side with all the rage and lust for bloodshed the blue phoenix had given her and relished in the sweet sound of the Ridgewing's pained screams.

<OOC: I cannot stop saying that Moon Puff runs like a bunny. xd.png

EDIT: No worries, Stars won't die. Someone just has to save her in time! biggrin.gif >

Edited by Dream_Dragon

Holmar had just finished hunting when he heard Stars' plea. His mind froze, hoping that he had misheard. The next moment his heart sank, and he collapsed onto the ground. Frantically, he sent a telepathic message to Troulce, the only person he knew who could match Leaf Scales. Leaf Scales is attacking Stars! Please help, they're by the stream. I think she wants to hurt her badly. Please! I'll do anything! Holmar began to sob silently, and closed his eyes. This had to be a nightmare! It couldn't be happening.

~~~~~

Troulce heard Holmar's message, and understood how distraught he was. His tone of voice made obvious what words could not. Dropping Cerise, he said, stay there. I'll be right back. Then, replying to Holmar, he messaged, okay, I'll help. don't need anything from you in exchange. Leaf Scales needs to be taught a lesson, and I can tell that you'd do anything for Stars. I hope I get there in time. Troulce bounded through the forest, his rage growing. Was Leaf Scales out for murder? If so, Troulce would have to repay her in kind. He was not the murderous sort, but this was unacceptable. As he neared the stream, his eyes grew red. Hearing screams, he pushed through the underbrush, and growled at Leaf.

You have crossed the line one too many times, Leaf Scales. Prepare. To. Die. Without waiting for a response, Troulce lunged with his full strength, claws extended.

Rediwng flinched as she felt waves of powerful emotion coming off the forest. She felt mostly anger, but some sadness, "Why can't people just be calm for five minutes?" She asked no one in particular, she decided not to get involved and instead simply sat down outside the cave.

user posted image

Stars Galaxy stared up the cloudy sky. The rain hit her like bullets. She gasped as Leaf Scales suddenly removed her claws from her side. She closed her eyes as she felt the blood flowing steadily out of her wounds, only to have the rain wash them away quickly, inadvertently pushing some into the stream.

Was this how her life would end? Stormy weather and dull clouds around her?

No. She pictured a beautiful grassy meadow, stretching for miles. The sun was shining and Holmar was right by her side. She would keep hanging on. Even if it continued to be a dream, she would live life. And no murderous hatchling could stop her from doing that.

If she was prevented from doing so physically, she would do so mentally.

~~~

user posted image

Leaf Scales took her claws out of Stars as soon as she heard a familiar voice. Giving the Ridgewing a hard kick, she jumped off Stars as Troulce lunged. She could tell he was aiming for her since his red, glowing eyes gave his position away.

"So you showed up. Always the knight in shining armor. But you're nothing but a killer. That's why you're just the same as me." She taunted, melting into the darkness. She, as well as Troulce, had the advantage of the darkness but she had something else - her ability to manipulate nature. Keeping Troulce focused on her, she made a few sharp rocks from the stream hover in the air with a tilt of her head. Whipping her tail forward, she narrowed her eyes to slits and shot the rocks into Troulce's direction. The darkness may be a good cover but it certainly wasn't useful when she was trying to throw something.

Edited by Dream_Dragon

The rain was heavy, the lightning and thunder was stronger than ever that it rang in his ears long enough for the next bolt to talk it's place. Dizzy and unbalanced, Volter's paralysis was slowly wearing off. Everytime he blinked, he would switch from normal vision to vision that was black and every living thing within a radius appeared blue, their brains being the brightest. He tried to stay at normal vision as he crawled on his belly in the cave's direction. He got word from Moon Puff that rescue was on it's way, but to have another caught in the middle would be terrible. He switched to Neuro-Vision and saw the closest dragons were not in the cave. He crawled to that direction.

Mango

"Hmm? I don't hear anything." She told Saffron, confused. She had been busy eating the fruit and marveling at the different tastes, she didn't hear anything at all. She looked around, not seeing anything and went back to eating fruit

user posted image

Shimmer Fin looked up. She could hear the rumbling of thunder and see the dark clouds heading towards her. Rain fell from the sky and splattered on the ground, making a loud pattering noise. Shimmer Fin just sat there. She didn't try to take cover. She didn't move. She didn't do anything. She sat there, looking impassive while her eyes had a small hint of malice and wonder in them. She could practice with the rain. She didn't see it as a threat. She saw it as a challenge. She finally stood up and focused her energy. She felt as if she were going to collapse there and then. But this was her power. Her element. And she was going to control it today. She forced all of her power on it and some of the rain stopped in mid-air. Smiling with satisfacation, Shimmer Fin decided to test out her powers. To see what she could do with it. Gathering her strength, she hurled some of the droplets up back into the air; and they came back down again. Shimmer Fin cocked her head to one side. How was she going to do this? She had expected something more intresting; but the rain just came down as soon as she got it into the air. Sighing, she decided to try another trick. She focused her energy once more and her body glowed a bright blue hue. The rain fell down harder- it looked as if there was going to be a flood. But it wasn't enough for Shimmer Fin; and as soon as she tried to power up all of her magic again to manipulate the rain, she felt heavy and she collapsed to the ground, her energy was spent and she couldn't use it anymore. Her eyes glazed over and her vision seemed to spin and blur until the world around her went black.

Edited by WolfehDragon

((No offense but I feel as if all the evil characters are overpowered. She's a hatchling! She couldn't use that much magic and water controlling without fainting or not being able to do something for a while))

Edited by Silverphoenixx

((Alright then. I'll edit. But she does get some of her Magi Dragon power from her dad.))

Edited by WolfehDragon

((Yup, I know. It logical for her to do both because of her parents, but I'm just saying that she should be extremely tired if she were to do tha without recharging from her earlier experimenting with her powers))

Troulce growled as he missed Leaf, and barely managed to leap over Stars. He side-stepped the rocks as he heard them whistle through the air, then sent a telepathic message to Holmar, get Stars away now! While Leaf Scales is distracted! Then, while closing in on Leaf, he said, I was everything but a killer until you showed up. You brought me to this level, and after I kill you I will be able to escape it. You see, the only reason I can be this powerful is because I need to defeat you. Die! Troulce lunged once more.

~~~~~

Holmar heard Troulce, and the change in his voice scared him. He pushed himself up quickly, then remembering the severity of the situation, dashed towards the stream, ignoring the rising water and the impacts of the rain. Leaping over the stream, he landed next to Stars, and picked her up, slinging her over his back. Holmar attempted to get to the cave as quickly as possible, so that somebody could heal her. If only Aurase hadn't disappeared ...

Edited by Shibadruid

(( xd.png your edit brings yet another question, sorry. Is there a flood, or did the rain go back to normal?))

((Well... hmm. Not much of a flood. It was small, because at first, Shimmer Fin was attempting to make it bigger. It's only the plants (not the trees and bushes) that are in danger right now of drowning. The flood is only a bit bigger than the hatchling's paws; reaching up to their legs. Yep, so I subdued it a bit because it was overpowering. To be honest... I wouldn't really call it a flood.))

Edited by WolfehDragon