guy person

The Forgotten Island

Volter watched the whole thing in his new Neuro-vision. He couldn't hear anything, but he was happy the fight was finished before they got there. He pointed in another direction, to the cave as their destination. "The two hatchlings just left, so we need to head back to the cave." They made their move to the cave and dried off inside. "Thanks a lot guys... I'm sorry to have made you go out in that awful storm..."

user posted image

As they reached the cave, Moon Puff stopped for a moment, his ears twitching. He'd heard something. But what? He returned his attention to Volter and smiled.

"It's okay. I mean, I couldn't have just left you out there in the storm," Moon Puff replied telepathically. Just then, he got Troulce's message. "So that's why Leaf Scales was acting so strangely earlier..." thought Moon Puff, "I wonder where she is now?" He frowned, thinking about Leaf Scales and the curse that had been cast upon her.

But why?

Ere was laying down on the ground, waiting for the storm to blow over so he could be in his hiding place.

There was sudden commotion everywhere, hatchlings wounded, lost, or kidnapped.

He sighed, looking in the direction of a mourning hatchling holding an unconscious one in his arms. He pointed his horn in their direction and healed the rest of the wound, which made him slightly dizzy, although healing was much easier than before.

-----------------

Saffron rolled around and saw a male ridgewing. Maybe he can play with me! She thought. She walked over to him innocently.

"Wanna play while the storm is here?" She asked happily.

-----------------

Daralis was bit confused at the sarcasm, but let it go.

"Wanna go back to the cave? There's more shelter there." She suggested.

Suddenly, as if by magic, a small cave big enough for 5 pegasi appeared in her vision. She walked over quickly into it, managing to stay mostly dry.

"This is great! We can stay here forever!" She whispered excitedly.

As Volter dried up in the cave, he started to feel better, started to feel stronger. Then he started to stretch his wings and get used to controlling the extra limbs from his back. "I am very grateful to you Moon Puff. and you too Tsumi. I'm just glad neither of you two got injured trying to save me." Volter said happily. He flapped his wings but received no lift. "Something I need to work on... maybe need a tutor."

Troulce sighed, wondering how the hatchling could have so much energy, and said, I am Troulce, and that is Sparsus. I'll explain everything that's happened later. Suffice it to say I don't trust him, but I will accept his aid ... reluctantly. Troulce continued walking towards the cave slowly, trying not to look down at the blood he was losing continuously. He'd be unconscious in a matter of minutes. Once he was close enough, he turned to Sparsus and said, so, do you have any idea on how to break the curse? All I know is that it's causing Leaf Scales to be evil, and that I'd take any risks to rid this world of another source of it. Troulce collapsed on the ground, and grunted in pain.

~~~~~

Holmar looked up, his eyes still misty, and saw a young hatchling, a Citrus Wyvern. It asked him if he wanted to play. Shaking his head sorrowfully, he moaned, no, all I want to do right now is stay with Stars. If you want to do something useful, you could bring this White some food. Riad waved his paw weakly to get the Wyvern's attention. After that, Holmar rested his head back on Stars, and cried. He wasn't even thinking anymore, not trying to figure out ways to prevent this from happening again. All he wanted right now was for Stars Galaxy to wake up.

user posted image

"Sure! I'll get some food!" The Daydream hatchling nodded respectfully and turned out of the cave. The storm brewed overhead, making the leaves and trees rustle with the wind as it rushed past. Ujurak swiftly dodged over logs, rocks and low-hanging branches. He soon came across a stream, the water was shifting vigorously back and forth by the storm. A few salmon was violently tossed out of the water and onto a bank, already dead. Ujurak's jaws clasped around the dead fish as he made his way back to the cave. As he entered, he shook himself dry, sending droplets of water everywhere. He dropped the fish at the two's paws. "Eat up." He announced. "I'll gather some leaves and cover the entrance so the rain or the wind dosn't find come in." He padded out of the cave, and a moment later, he returned with three VERY large leaves clasped in his jaws. They were big, and he struggled to bring them inside the cave. He tied them together with some vines and he padded towards the entrance of the cave to hang them up there. "Alright, nice and dry. I'll clean up the cave."

He swept his tail over the floor of the cave, sweeping egg-shells and dust away into a little pile. He looked around and saw a black hatchling collapse at the entrance of the cave. "Oh where are all of these wounded hatchlings coming from?" He murmered to himself. He inspected the wound in the hatchling's stomache. It was... a bit... deep. Sighing with exaustion, he scuttled away to fetch more ferns from the corner of his cave. "I would appreciate it if anyone could help me with this." He called to the hatchlings around him.

Riad nodded respectfully, and began eating. It was only after his first mouthful when he realized just how hungry he was. Gulping down the fish as quickly as possible, he slowly stood upright, and stumble his way out of the cave. Outside, he saw the rain, and was suddenly hit by pangs of thirst. Sitting down, he tried to get as much water as he could in his mouth, and eventually just sipped some out of a ditch in the ground. He saw another wounded hatchling, and was very worried for it, but knew that he couldn't do what he just did again without a time to rest. Instead, he pulled himself away, and went back to the cave, picking up a small animal from the food pile he noticed, and began eating it. As he ate, he began thinking, why was I the only one to see this pile? I mean, it's placed close to the entrance to the cave. You'd think they'd see it before leaving, especially given how full it is. Oh, well. I guess next I'll ask somebody about the other hatchlings.

When he was ready, Volter walked over to the entrance of the cave. He leaned against the wall and watched the storm come down. His calling was too dangerous for him now. He had received it's first gift to him, but now he must wait for a long time before the next gift is given. He used his vision to see if anyone was still out there. He saw creatures hiding, fish swimming in a frenzy, and the remaining hatchlings. He would need to learn to use this power to his advantage, but also he needed to learn how to fly, or even glide.

Saffron shrugged and left the other to cry. She walked over to a blue hatchling entering the cave. Maybe he wanted to play.

"H- Ow!" She yelped, getting shocked by his electricity. She pouted, deciding he wouldn't be a good playmate.

She walked off, but accidentally tripped over a black lump on the ground. When she picked herself up, she saw it was a hatchling.

"I'm sorry, I didn't see you there." She apologized.

She looked into his eyes and nearly shrank back. They were startlingly intimidating. Only her eyes showed her being intimidated, along with a slight frown.

((

"And look! It's grown its wings! It must be close to maturing. Small bolts of electricity occasionally fly off of it, zapping nearby objects."
))

Sparsus ignored Troulce's question about Leaf's curse, he wasn't even sure he believed it, psychotic mumbo-jumbo. It was more likely Leaf had a split personality of some kind, or maybe she was just evil. Troulce collapsed and Sparsus rolled his eyes, "Give me a second, you're losing quite a bit of blood." He held Troulce down gently and examined the wound. He closed his eyes to better concentrate and felt the blood rushing to heal the wound. He wished he could feel each cell individually, maybe he could find out which ones were healers and which ones did other things. He couldn't do that though, so he pulled the edges of Troulce's wounds together and helped speed the already speedy bloodflow. The would quickly filled with blood and Sprasus stopped helping it. He began to gently divert it around the wound. The blood began to settle, but it would be a while before a strong enough scab formed, Troulce needed bandaging. Sparsus couldn't get it so he turned to the little brown thing, "Go find something to bandage Troulce with, okay?" It struck him that the little brown thing wouldn't know what would make a good bandage, or even what a bandage was, he hoped he didn't have to explain.

Redwing was lost, she knew she was lost because Iktria was across from her. Iktria hadn't seen her yet, Redwing was glad of that. Redwing did feel bad though, she decided that when she was done with Leaf she would help the Skywing return to the cave, but until then she needed to find Leaf. Or somehow convince Leaf to find her.

user posted image

Moon Puff looked at Volter as he walked towards the entrance of the cave. Now he was left with Tsumi. Giving her a smile and a wave, he scampered off to another part of the cave. Why did he still feel like something was missing? His head jerked up. Wait a moment... Moon Puff took a good look around. "Cerise!" In a flash, he recalled the last part of Troulce's message.

"...Also, Cerise is wounded, and is wandering the forest near the tundra. I suggest that somebody go looking for her." Without a second thought, he ran out of the cave at top speed. Oh no, what if something happened to her?

~~~

user posted image

Leaf Scales soon regained her consciousness. Groaning, she tried to sit up, ignoring the pain that her wound was giving her. She looked at it. Thankfully, it wasn't infected yet, she just needed to stop the bleeding. Oh well, then no problem. With a series of hand gestures, she managed to get a leaf tied around her with vines. Exhausted with the effort, not to mention the fight and her wound, she slumped against the tree again. Maybe it was time for a good night's rest.

Edited by Dream_Dragon

Troulce looked up at the newest hatchling, who seemed to be afraid of him. Oh, please, he muttered as he rested, I'm not going to hurt you. The only people I ever hurt are those who have done something wrong or threaten me. For whatever reason very few others accept that somebody such as myself is needed to keep the peace. Then, turning to Sparsus, Troulce said, so, you didn't answer me about the curse. Fine, here's everything I know: Leaf was heavily injured when her eyes turned blue. A creature, by the sound of the voice a male, said that it was controlling Leaf. It said that it was a curse, and was causing Leaf to be evil. It ran off, and took a Whiptail with it. That's all I know. Troulce continued to rest, even thought his wound was done bleeding. He had lost so much blood that it was a struggle to stay conscious.

user posted image

The Whiptail looked up at Sparsus. She'd been thinking about what they called each other. Troulce and Sparsus...what if she had a name too? Sparsus' question broke her line of thought.

"Huh? 'Bandage'?" The little Whiptail blinked at him. The Daydream hatchling that she'd seen earlier flashed into her mind. She remembered him wrapping the purple hatchling with cobwebs. Perhaps that's what bandage meant! She immediately rushed off to the cave and returned almost immediately with them.

"Do you mean these?" she asked, her voice a bit muffled for she was carrying them with her mouth, but before he could answer, the cobwebs seemed to be slowly disappearing from her mouth. She scowled, dropping them as they were slowly washed away by the rain.

"I-I'm sorry, I can't do anything right...I think you'd better ask someone else who can actually do something instead of a silly baby like me," she shrugged and sped off into the forest, where she climbed up a tree and curled up. She didn't know anything. But she still felt responsible for Troulce's wound because if she had not disturbed the fight, he might have gotten away uninjured! The Whiptail did not remember that it hadn't been her fault, he had gotten the wound before she came. She looked around the tree she was in. Such nice big, flat leaves. Her eyes lit up. That was it! Perhaps they could be used as a bandage! She pulled some off the branches and ran back to the two, quickly depositing the leaves beside them and was about to speed off again when she heard Troulce say something about a Whiptail.

"Oh, you mean me?" she cocked her head. "I'm a Whiptail? What's a Whiptail?"

"What's a Whiptail?" she repeated her thought aloud.

Edited by Dream_Dragon

user posted image

Shimmer Fin jumped up in surprise as she watched Leaf Scales suddenly... change. Instead of a normal hatchling, she had this.. male voice and the glow in her eyes were unnatural.. almost as if something were controlling her! The only thing that she heard was.. curse and corruption before the green hatchling ran off with an abducted Whiptail, and she watched the black hatchling leave with a sigh. Shimmer Fin was NOT happy at all that her main source of entertainment had ended so quickly. She retreated back into her bush. Her eyes fluttered up and down sleepily. She hated the forest. She hated it. All of the dirt and leaves clogging up her scales and getting in bewtween her paws... oh how she would love to return to her beautiful lagoon. But she was so far away from home and too tired to make the journey. She needed to rest, then she would leave tommorrow. She realized trying to stay up was futile. Then finally, she closed her eyes and sleep crashed over her like a black wave.

Shimmer Fin finally opened her eyes. She was floating.. in an ocean of stars? She looked around. She wasn't in an ocean full of stars. She was in the very Galaxy itself! Shimmer Fin's mouth hung open as she stared in awe at the beautiful sight. great balls of gas covered the area around her... wait. She looked down. There was no grass beneath her feat. Nothing. Completely empty. Just as she was about to question, the voice came to her. "Enough sight-seeing, follow me." Shimmer Fin looked around and noticed something moving in the distance towards her. It looked like.. a dragon! A full grown dragon! But it was transparent and it had this dull, eerie glow around it's edges. There was a strange, webbed crest at the top of it's head that pointed foward. The same thing went for the tail, but instead of pointy, it was almost rounded. A semi-circle. But the most striking feature of all, was it's eyes. They were the brightest red she had ever seen. Something was weird about it's eyes; they seemed to swim with knowledge and wisdom. But most of all..:

Hate and anger. But for what?

Shimmer Fin thought that this dragon looked familiar, but once more, she couldn't place a paw on it. It dragon had a massive wing-span but his body was lithe thin.

"Follow me." It repeated again.

She realized that the dragon had the same voice as the one that had spoke to her in her mind. And it occured to her, maybe the dragon and the voice were one? She shook the thoughts out of her head and followed the dragon into depths of the galaxy.

*~*~*

user posted image

Ujurak scurried back and forth, busy tending to others. He bought some moss and ferns to clean the black hatchling's wound. Then he gathered herbs and stamped them down into a green paste, and spread it on the wound. Huffing with exhaustion, he managed to find some leaves outside and made a quick snack out of them. "Will someone take care of the others for me?" He called out muzzily before collapsing on a rock. His eyelids grew heavy. Sleep was coming up on him fast. 'Who will take care of the others while he was gone? Who would find prey for them? And tend to their wounds?' But Ujurak didn't have anymore time to find out, because sleep had already overcame him.

Edited by WolfehDragon

Mango

Mango had noticed the many injured dragons going into the cave. She felt bad for them. Maybe they would want some fruit? Her eyes lit up, but then she frowned. What if they were like the griffin. She pondered this for a moment, but in the end he thought she could give it a try. She nudged over an orange fruit to a injured dragon, and asked him of he wanted some.

user posted image

Stars Galaxy awakened to the sound of someone crying softly. She couldn't move much as someone was leaning on her and she was wrapped with something. Bu she recognised the sound of the hatchling's voice.

"Holmar..." she said weakly, taking hold of his paw.

"Don't cry...please, don't cry..."

"♫ Just a dream,

Just a nightmare,

They can both cause much hurt,

You can feel the pain,

But it was just a dream. ♫

♫ Look into my eyes,

And you'll realise,

That you've woken up.

You're safe now,

From the nightmare,

It was just a dream. ♫

♫ Oh, I promise you,

It won't come true,

Because I'll always be with you,

Forever and ever,

In your heart,

Because it was just a dream... ♫" Stars Galaxy was exhausted with the effort and lay her head on the floor once again.

"Do you remember...?"

Edited by Dream_Dragon

Troulce turned to the Whiptail, and said, yes, you were the one who was abducted. I presume this means that Leaf took over again? In any case, you can give the leaves to Sparsus so that he can bandage me. I still don't know why I trust him, though. Oh, and a Whiptail is the name for your breed, I guess. It's just a word that popped into my mind. It's easier if you just don't think about it. Then, Troulce turned to another hatchling, and said, no, I do not want the fruit. I' like most others, eat meat. If you want to help you can bring me the fox from the food pile near the entrance to the cave. Thank you. Troulce lowered his head and attempted to rest. So much was going on, and his head was spinning.

~~~~~

Holmar slowly stopped the stream of tears, and sniffled, yes, I remember. That was why I was so sad. I can't live without you, Stars. I just can't. And, after this happening I don't know if I ever want to let you out of my sight again. Holmar slowly picked himself up and moved off of Stars. I never want you to be hurt again, Stars. It kills me on the inside. Please promise me you'll stay with me. I can't let this happen again. Holmar lowered his head, and fought to suppress further tears.

Saffron, not wanting to get on the scary dragon's bad side, quickly nodded and fetched a fox from the pile.

"H-Here you go." She offered.

user posted image

Moon Puff panted as he ran through the forest. This must be one of the worst thunderstorms he would ever encounter. The rain poured even more heavily than before, the thunder crashed even louder, and at one point, he thought he saw a streak of lightning flash right beside of him. He squealed (silently, of course) and jumped to one side. Out of the corner of his eye, he spotted a familiar white figure being dragged away by something. He turned around and saw what looked like Cerise being dragged away by some shadowy humanoid figure.

"What are you doing? Put her down," Moon Puff said calmly as he scampered over. It wouldn't do any good to be angry. Being angry never helped. He had to keep calm. He had no forms of defence, he did not know how to fight but he would do anything and everything to make sure that Cerise got away safely.

Edited by Dream_Dragon

(OOC: I lost the chatroom password, can someone PM it to me?)

sparsus smiled, "You have no reason to trust me." He said as he carefully lifted Troulce off the ground, "You killed me, remember? And then I tried to kill you." He wrapped the leaves around his friend as best he could, "And then I killed me to save you." He almost laughed but he feared it might break his concentration, "And then I came back, I wonder how I'll die next." He tied the leaves as tightly as he could, not perfect but hopefully it would hold until scabs could form.