guy person

The Forgotten Island

user posted image

Tsumi shrugged, inspecting each of her sharp claws thoughtfully. Chubby thing? I wonder what 'chubby' means. She stifled a yawn and continued to fuss over her claws. "It doesn't matter to me where we go, it's your choice." She paused from cleaning her claws to glance at Mango and Volter. "But I would like to meet some more dragons." There might be someone like me... she added silently.

((Poop, now I feel like Mango should have a pull or at least do some thing or turn evil or live alone or have a crush..*rambles on*))

Mango

"YEAH! Lets go find the chubby thing I the water!" She said, jumping up. She looked towards Volter, waiting for him to tell her where the chubby thing was, forgetting her past worry.

((I Say Mango's pull is the tree tops in the jungle))

Volter looked at Mango, "It's probably in the water... a place I can't go. Also I'm not the one to go 'hunting' for another dragon unless it was a rescue reason."

user posted image

Tsumi shifted uncomfortably in her nest, narrowing her bright azure eyes at Volter. What is it with him? Why is he always so grumpy? She thought back to what the Thunder hatchling had said earlier. Did the dragons that Volter despises really ruin his life? She shrugged the though away, lashing her tail determinedly. Well, he'll come with us whether he likes it or not! "I'll go!" she exclaimed loyally as she dragged herself to Mango's side, fixing her intent gaze on Volter as if challenging him. "And you'll be left here by yourself if you don't come with us!"

Edited by SpiritWolfe

Volter looked confused as the younger hatchling challenged him, "...uh... it lives in the WATER. The WATER is a place I CAN'T go or I'll ELECTROCUTE myself and everyone else in the WATER! As much as I might (or might not) want to go with you, I physically can't join your underwater search."

user posted image

Tsumi sniffed with disdain, turning her back on Volter. "At least you can come walk with us," she called over her shoulder as she purposefully strutted slowly towards the cavern's entrance, dragging Mango after her. "Come on," she muttered through gritted teeth. Fine. Just fine.

Mango

"I know, but we need you to show us where this 'chubby' thing is!" She exclaimed. "Just point us in the right direction!" She said. "Tsumi can go swim with me!" She was happy that she had made friends with Tsumi. She wasn't so sure about Volter though.

(OOC: So Shimmer Fin is chubby now? I thought that was Dabberjack..)

user posted image

Shimmer Fin stifled a yawn. She had been practicing with her element now. Earlier, she had finally managed to create a wave and make tiny explosions in the water. She was tired now and she had to get some rest. But she felt as if the water was pulling her in. "Come swim with me." It rumbled in her mind. Shimmer Fin shook her head. Woah! It sounded like the water was actually talking to her. Cautiously, Shimmer Fin dipped a hind paw in the water. Since it was getting a bit darker, she could actually feel that the ocean was starting to get cooler. Ignoring the tempature of the water, she decided to go for a swim in her new home before going to sleep.

She silently slipped into the body of the water. Something shreiked inside her mind. "Swim!" It echoed. Shimmer Fin began to paddle her feet. Strangely, it came to her naturally and she managed to stay afloat without sinking under the crashing waves. She focused on the water, trying to soften the waves. After a minute of trying, the waves grew smaller. Gulls wheeled overhead, letting out their harsh cries as they plummeted towards the water and scooped up fish, getting air borne again.

After a while, Shimmer Fin dove underwater. She could breath perfectly fine. It was as if the water had no effect on her what so ever. She moved gracefully, her tail and paws cutting through the water as she moved silently. Shimmer Fin had never felt so home... so... alive. She smiled to herself.

Troulce sighed. The hatchling had the power to control water. Great, just great. Troulce could already tell that it would turn out evil, if only because of its magical potential. Literally every dragon he met with magical abilities was evil and/or insane. Growling in frustration, Troulce stormed into the forest, looking for something, anything that made sense in this world.

((I am talking about Dabberjack. Also Volter isn't evil or insane, or is electricity not magic?))

(OOC: No... Shiba was talking about Shimmer... I think at least. But I don't really understand how having the potential to control your element is bad though...)

Edited by WolfehDragon

((OOC: He's angry and exaggerating. He pretty much hates all forms of magic now.))

((I say Volter has elemental power... but for a pissed off dragon, it's pretty much magic.))

((Popping in really quick, how can a newhatch killing a pup be evil? It could easily be a hatchling trying to practice or is hungry. And for Troulce, how could he know Shimmer hatched in their cave? He found her just there and automatically assumes she is from the cave? And electricity manipulation is magic, but electricity in general isn't smile.gif

One more thing, how could Troulce tell she was manipulating water if her manipulation was weak? He was also walking away, so technically, he could only tell if he was paying close attention which I don't think you can when you're walking away.))

Edited by Onixthebunny1

((I say controlling electricity isn't magic in this case, I like to think more like the game inFamous, he is like a battery, that's why he can't swim in water.))

((OOC: Troulce saw all the eggs in the cave, so he made the logical guess that a new hatchling, not far from the cave, would have hatched there. Also, he was merely washing off his horn, so he would have been close to the water to see the wave.))

Edited by Shibadruid

user posted image

Stars Galaxy nodded.

"Sure. That works for me," she agreed, unaware that she was being watched.

"Can we walk? I, um, don't really feel like flying," she said, rather feebly.

~~~

user posted image

Moon Puff frowned for a moment, confused as Cerise touched him and staggered off. He caught hold of her tail quickly.

"Cerise, wait! You have to get that wound taken care of!" he protested with his mind.

~~~

user posted image

Ah, finally...Leaf Scales had found the Ridgewing. She leaped silently onto a higher branch, her green body blending in with the greenery above her. Her face turned into a disgusted sneer as she watched Stars and Holmar. Love was in the air, it seemed. Well, Stars had better hope that Holmar could take care of her...

Leaf Scales grinned devilishly when she thought of what she would once she got hold of Stars. That would show that idiotic phoenix conscience of hers...

She returned her attention to the couple and narrowed her eyes to slits. She could and would keep haunting Stars. And not forgetting Troulce...

Holmar nodded, jumped to the ground, and said, whatever you want, Stars. Just ... be careful while I'm hunting, okay? I know that nothing's probably going to go wrong, but I can't stop worrying about you. It's just this ... attraction; whenever I'm not next to you something feels wrong. You understand, right? Holmar started walking towards the stream. He honestly hoped that Leaf Scales had found somebody else to annoy. Maybe Dabberjack and Iktria. Speaking of whom, Holmar realized that he hadn't seen Dabberjack in a while! Turning to Stars, he asked, have you seen Dabberjack lately? You'd think he'd stay near Iktria, given what she told us.

user posted image

"I'm not really sure," Stars Galaxy shrugged. She was starting to feel uneasy but dismissed the feeling. She followed Holmar in silence.

~~~

user posted image

Leaf Scales smirk, flipping herself from one branch to another with her tail. She'd discovered that she could hang from a tree branch with it and made good use of it. Her ability to manipulate nature came in useful whenever there was a branch too far out of reach. She followed the couple silently, not stopping to think that what she was about to do could affect them both mentally and physically.

Even if she had stopped and thought about it, she would have laughed and would want to do it more than ever.

Holmar nodded, and said, I guess after this we should go look for him. It would be bad if he'd gone missing and we hadn't noticed! Okay, I think we're almost at the stream. The bushes are in that direction, Holmar motioned with a paw, and I'm just going to be on the other side of the river, hunting. If you need anything send me a telepathic message, okay Stars? Holmar looked her directly in the eyes one last time, and flew over the stream to begin hunting. Edited by Shibadruid

user posted image

Shimmer Fin dove deeper into the water. She parted her jaws to scoop up little fish in her mouth and swallow them in a few gulps. She savored the sweet juicy taste. It was better than eating mouthfuls and mouthfuls of dirty, tasteless fur. In the middle of her swimming, Shimmer Fin realized that she didn't need to dig a den. The water was her home and she was supposed to sleep in it. Shimmer Fin stopped paddling and drifted through the water slowly, and she began thinking. She imagined being the ruler of water. And no one else. A sly grin crept over her face as she thought about ruling every single inch of water that the world had to give. But her smile faltered as she remembered what the black hatchling had said. Shimmer Fin's lips curled. What did he mean about dealing with a 'third bad hatchling'? So... that meant that there were other evil hatchlings on the island besides her. And the competition was going to get tough. Especially with the black dragon hatchling there, just waiting for any single sign of a mess up.

Shimmer Fin opened her mouth to let out a low, throaty growl. But only bubbles came out and only gurgling was heard. Sighing to herself, Shimmer Fin floated up to the surface. She needed to practice more and more if she was going to get to the top. She climbed out of the water and shook herself, sending little droplets of liquid flying everywhere. She padded quietly into the forest, making the slighest sounds, going as deep as her paw-pads could take her. She soon came across a clearing in the forest. She knew that she could practice here, both on her element and physical strength. And she also knew that she was too deep in the forest for anyone to see her or hear her either. She just hoped that no one was here to stop her now. She focused all of her energy and strength into creating a water ball full of energy. She tried to bend it... to make it into something new. The ball of water was surging with energy now and it had this sickly faint yellow glow to it. Shimmer Fin wondered how she done that but she tried her best to ignore it. She hurled the floating ball of water at a few rocks on the ground and it exploaded, shooting up small bits of dirt and debris that flew by and clotted Shimmer Fin's scales as she did so.

She stared in awe at what she had just done. Then she had realized what had happend. She had the power of the water. But she also had the power of magic on her side. A malicious grin appeared on her face. But this was only just the beginning. There was more to this than she knew now and she was going to use her powers for her benefit and her benefit only.

Edited by WolfehDragon

(((DUN DUN DUUUN!!))

Volter walked around the cave thinking of something to do. He cautiously looked around as he headed outside for some air. He was tired of sulking, the world was his to explore, he just needed to start. He knew that the outside world held secrets to the past and the future, and they should be found. This was the time to train though, train in control of his element, to get stronger...

xd.png

user posted image

Still shocked of her element, Shimmer Fin backed away slowly. "Alright. Even though I am deep in the forest, I can still attract unwanted attention with my powers. That's good for now. I need to practice on my physical strength." Shimmer Fin looked around, trying to spot something that she could practice on. Another fox came into the clearing, but it was larger this time and fully grown. "Alright. Another fox- but at least it is a real challenge and it's adult this time." The fox stared at her and cocked it's head to the side. Shimmer Fin ignored it's confused look and leapt at it. The fox moved to once side and bared it's teeth at Shimmer Fin and ran forward, snapping it's jaws. Shimmer Fin dropped to the ground and rolled to one side as the fox's jaws snapped over thin air. Panting with the effort, she hurled herself again at the fox and finally managed to land on it's back, bearing it down with her own weight.

The fox kicked up with it's legs helplessly, still trying to land a blow on the small orange hatchling. Hissing with hostility and discust, Shimmer Fin's tail snaked around the fox's neck and she squeased tightly, hoping that she could at least suffocate him. The fox rolled over in an attempt to squish her, and she had to let go. Quickly scampering off the fox, she lashed out a paw and her claws raked over it's shoulder. It finally stood up shakily, trying not to put all of it's weight on the shoulder wound. It stared at Shimmer Fin, expression unreadable. Then it lunged for Shimmer Fin's heart, it's jaws agape.

Filled with panick, Shimmer Fin quickly crouched to the ground in order to escape from the fox's jaws. She lashed out with her claws again, and she could feel them cutting through flesh and fur. She had caught the fox's underbelly. Her claws traveled from the fox's underbelly to it's flank. Cutting it's flesh. A red substance dripped out of it's large wound and it collapsed to the ground. Dead.

With a huff of satisfication at her strength, Shimmer Fin left and quickly darted into the bushes, moving deeper into the forest.

Edited by WolfehDragon

Volter sniffed the air, he could smell the coming storm. It was refreshing, something we wanted. He walked in it's direction, knowing that this would bring him some happiness. He just knew it. He left the cave, not knowing when he would return, but the storm called, and he was determined to answer. He was ready to receive it, the part of him that was missing.