guy person

The Forgotten Island

Volter sat inside the cave and watched the Lindwurm hatch. He was tired, not just physically, but also tired of losing friends. He closest friend killed, another elemental dragon lost in a large dark hole, and all the other conflicts going on. He couldn't take losing another friend, so he decided to keep his distance.

Troulce shook his head and slowly got up as he heard sounds of fighting. Looking around quickly, he noticed Cerise fighting ... Sparsus? Troulce called out, well, it's somehow good to see that you're not dead, Cerise. However, I can't say the same about Sparsus. I'll help if you need it. Troulce moved up to a position where he could attack Sparsus if he broke free.

~~~~~

Holmar shrugged, and said, other than referencing myself, I don't think it has any special meaning. Anyways, I think that for you singing is more like a gift: you can do it well, but can't really explain how. Flying is the same way for me, it seems. I'm just naturally good at it. Holmar was quiet for a while, watching the clouds, before he felt a pang of hunger. Say, do you think we could find something to eat, Stars?

Edited by Shibadruid

user posted image

Tsumi sniffed with disdain, raising her wings slightly. She had spotted two dragons, a Magi and a Thunder, but neither of them even acknowledged her existence. Are they blind, or what? The young Blusang Lindwurm hatchling, having no hind legs, dragged herself over to the dark blue Thunder, attempting to draw herself to her full height. It was quite obvious that the other dragon was much older than her. "Hello? Do you know what this place is?" Up close, Tsumi could see flickers of pain and regret in his eyes. She softened slightly, lowering her voice. "Are you okay?"

user posted image

The hatchling kept on walking, she stepped over sharp rocks and sticks. Her paw pads began to bleed, but she didn't care. She needed to find a home soon. She stopped when she realized something. She needed a name.

For a moment, she felt stupid. 'How can I forget a name!?!?' She thought. She mentally kicked herself for a moment. 'Alright... I need a name. A nice one.' She thought for a moment.

"Hmm... how 'bout Shimmer Fin?' Yes... Shimmer Fin. The name sounded right to her. She liked it and it fit her very well. "Shimmer Fin.." She repeated the name again.

After a few minutes of walking, she came across vast water that stretched out on all sides. She could barely see any shore on the other side. She stared in awe at the body of water. She looked around for a few seconds and spotted a rather large tide-pool that was seperated from the rest of the water by a thin stretch of rock running all around it. "Perfect." She grinned and started towards the tide-pool. As she ran, her legs ate up the distance between her and the pool. She stopped as soon as she neared it.

Fish jumped in and out of the tide-pool, doing little dances of joy as they flew through the air. But Shimmer Fin growled. She didn't feel joy. She felt anger and mockery. She was hungry right now and these fish were dancing in front of her face as if taunting her. Oh how she would love to snatch those things out of the air....

Suddenly, a plump fat salmon bounced out of the water and onto the land. It flailed wildy, wriggling and hopping in an attempt to get air... to get to the water.

"Weakling." Shimmer Fin growled. "You'll never survive! Squirming around like a worm.." Shimmer Fin swiped a paw at the Salmon, landing a blow on the side of it's head. The Salmon instantly fell limp and stopped struggling. Shimmer Fin crouched down to eat, tearing mouthful's of it's flesh. Once she was done eating her fill, she paced around the shores of the beach, wondering what her mission was.

Volter looked up at the new hatchling with an emotionless expression, "This is the cave, a place of birth for us dragons. You are the most recent. The rest that have hatched have either moved out, gone hunting and return for the night, or have died. As for myself, I'm just laying here in my own misery. But the question was kind." Volter sighed and put his head bsck down on the ground.

Mango went back to the cave just in time to hear the new hatchling speak. "Hi! I'm Mango! I don't know what this place is, it's just a cave where everyone hatches." She said happily, dropping some squirrels and mice on the floor of the cave. "I decorated it with broken eggshells! If you're hungry you can eat this, if you eat meat." She said

user posted image

Tsumi glanced over the Thunder hatchling's shoulder, squinting against the light that was filtering into the otherwise dim cave. This is the birth cave. I'm the...youngest. She let out a soft huff of defiance; she was determined to not let that discourage her. "Why are you-" She stopped mod-sentence abruptly, deciding that it probably wasn't a good idea to cause the other hatchling any more pain. Instead, she tentatively asked a different question. "Hey, what's your name? Mine's...Tsumi." I was born with that name, she told herself silently. Tsumi. She broke out of her thoughts with a startled flinch as yet another dragon bounded into the cave, dropping an assortment of tantalizingly delicious-smelling prey on the cave floor. "Urm, thanks Mango." She crouched down and took a tiny bite out of a plump mouse. Immediately, the warm juices flooded into her mouth and she closed her eyes, savoring the taste. "Mmm, this is great! What is it?"

((I'm guessing that Mango is a dragon?))

Edited by SpiritWolfe

Volter opened his eyes and looked up at her. "Volter." he muttered. "And if your going out there, be careful. Some dragon around here are ruthless and heartless. Some kill for pleasure, others for false excuses. I recommend eating up and gaining your strength, because it's a matter of time till another dragon has to fight." He didn't want this to be the first thing she heard from hatching, but it was the truth. He sat up and stretched himself out.

user posted image

As Shimmer Fin padded along the shore of the beach, wondering what her mission was, a voice came into her head. 'You are here on a mission..' Shimmer Fin looked up from the sandy beach and snarled. "I know that!" But the voice just sounded unnaturally calm. 'You are on a mission to spread chaos and havoc through this island. And I will teach you how to do that.' Shimmer Fin thought that the voice sounded awfully familiar to her, but she just couldn't put a paw on it. 'The first step is fighting and violence. Take out your anger on the things around you. Look at that fox pup for example.' Shimmer Fin was so deep in their conversation that she didn't notice the bushes part to reveal a fox pup limping towards the water to get a drink.

'If you want to spread chaos by fighting and violence, you must learn to start small. And then... big. Try practicing by attacking that fox pup.'

Shimmer Fin nodded, fully understanding now. She turned to glare at the fox, wich shrank away. It looked like it was about to run now. This fox pup is too young to fight out... this is the perfect target. Something that dosn't fight back. But soon, you will have to face bigger things that actually attack. Remember, practice well. Sooner or later, you will pick a fight with one of the hatchlings. And it will be harder than attacking prey. They have elemental powers, and they also have a individual mind. Wich makes them a tough opponent for starters.'

Shimmer Fin nodded again. She couldn't beleive that he would actually be kind enough to show her all these things.

'Now let's get started so I can teach you more.'

Shimmer Fin crouched, and flexed her claws, baring her teeth.

((Sorry Silver, I edited my post. I don't know how I missed that. Also, I actually like a bit of chaos here and there >:3))

user posted image

Tsumi glanced up from her mouse as the Thunder hatchling - who's name was Volter - began speaking again. Ruthless? Heartless? Killing? Tsumi grimaced and remained silent as the haunting words rang eerily in her ears. No longer having an appetite, Tsumi pushed her half-eaten mouse away, but she caught sight of the orange hatchling she had seen earlier out of the corner of her eye. "Hey, what's she doing?" she murmured to the Mango and Volter, narrowing her eyes so she could she more clearly. She could make out a small red-furred animal cowering in front of the dragon. "Is that more prey?"

Mango

Mango turned around, and saw an orange hatchling scaring a fox pup. "It's a fox pup! It looks like they're going to kill it!" She said.

((OOC: Umm, the ocean is about five to ten minutes walking distance from the cave. I doubt anyone would be able to see Shimmer Fin))

Of course not, why couldn't anyone ever just collapse? They always seemed to keep going somehow. Well, Sparsus wasn't about to break the trend. He grabbed Troulce and yanked him on top of Cerise.

"You can't kill me." He said with a grin.

Troulce continued the action Sparsus started, and rolled off of Cerise, facing Sparsus once more. Why won't you stay dead? Troulce growled angrily. Once I caused you to go insane and die, I will be the first to admit now that it was my fault. Next, you sacrificed yourself to stop me, partially my fault for going insane, but I'm pretty sure that anyone else in my situation, using my logic, would have gone insane as well. Do I just have to flat-out murder you now, and cut you up into tiny chunks so that you stay dead? Fine. So be it. Troulce slashed at Sparsus once more.

Troulce's horn sliced through Cerise's shoulder blade, causing her to cry out in pain.

She staggered up, adrenaline smothering up most of the pain.

She leapt weakly on Sparsus' back, pinning him down again, though due to her weak arm, he would have a way easier time pushing her off.

"Slash away!" She called out to Troulce.

Sparsus flipped the injured Cerise in front of him, using her to block Troulce's attack. He was already weakening, he needed to work on his stamina.

"I didn't sacrifice myself, only part of me did. And you can't kill me, if you do Redwing will die. I have access to the weak-willed part of me in her mind, kill me and I'll take him along."

Troulce growled at Cerise, get to the cave, or at least out of the way, this is my quarrel, not yours. Then, Turning to Sparsus, he began a rant, pacing the whole time. She was dead the moment you cracked her egg. She would have hatched normally if not for you, and her will would have been strong, she would have lived normally. But you, you, the irrational, selfish dragon made her dependent on you for life. Believe me, if she had any taste of earlier freedom she'd hate you for it. Hate, such a funny thing, isn't it? It touches you once, and then it fills your mind, eclipsing everything else. I broke out of it once, but it still hides, somewhere within me. Troulce's eyes flashed to red, then returned almost reluctantly to green. You can stop this right now, just admit defeat and I will let you go. However, this is your last chance. Wrong me or anyone else even once more, and I will kill you ... forever. Troulce's eyes flared to red, and he crouched in preparation to attack. Edited by Shibadruid