Red2111

Copper Dragon Breeding

I will probably start with PB lineages. The colors look so pretty together! xd.png

So many possibilities! xd.png

user posted imageuser posted image

user posted imageuser posted image

I dunno if anyone's suggested it yet, but...

user posted image x user posted image

user posted image x user posted image (<-- this one especially~ wub.gif)

DX

Why must Silvers look good with almost everything!? I already have too many Silver lineages right now, but I simply must start that as soon as possible. <33

I'm also a huge fan of the Green x Hellfire, Green x Waterwalker, Red x Speckle, and Brown x Trihorn.

Hmm, I'll have to write these down. xd.png

I'll probably try an alternate color pb lineage (something like orange-orange-green-green-brown-brown-orange again and so on)

DX

Why must Silvers look good with almost everything!? I already have too many Silver lineages right now, but I simply must start that as soon as possible. <33

This, minus the part of having too many Silver lineages already.

I also like the female Hellfire X male Copper combo.

I might try out these, too (after I finish my planned checker with Trihorns):

So many possibilities...

Wow. I just have to say that would be really epic. Still, you could do it with three of the colors.

FAVOURITISM

There are so many possibilities. You could do opposites or similar or all of them together. o3o

Is Fiona hinting at something here? Has anyone tried some PB (same colour as well as different colour) breeding?

UM. Hard to try any purebred breeding when none of us have adults yet except TJ.

Mine start growing up tonight just after midnight.

I'm waiting for mine to grow up. Initially, I'm going to breed them PB for my Calends project.

When I catch more – and I plan to catch an army of these beauties! — I'm gonna breed them with Tri-horns and Nebulas too. It was the first things I thought of. Wish my Wyvernus lineage was still live…

Favourite? Good Lord and Lady, that's like asking which kind of chocolate I like!! biggrin.gif I guess I have to go with the verdigris. It's the first ones I caught.

I do love the Coppers a lot. I will need armies of CBs to make lineages with. PBs with every combination, of course. And some checkers with Verdigris and plain, and Verdigris and Liver of Sulfer.

I'm undecided on what other breeds to pair with Liver of Sulfers yet, but I want to do Verdigris with Tan Ridgewing, Crimson and... Hm, an orangish breed. Magi is probably too bright so I'll have to think about it.

And I want to do plain coppers (the rainbow) with Olives, Green Nebs, Blue Nebs and maybe some others.

And then for something special, I'm going to take a week off my Holly's breeding list sometime and do Holly x Copper. I'm just not decided whether I like plain or Verdigris better. (I will probably do both eventually, but I will also need to get a Copper mate from a Holly and that will probably be like pulling teeth, so...)

user posted image

user posted image

I just think they both look very nice. Dilemma.

*eyes naturalcyber's holly x copper pairs*

Hmm. Dilemma indeed. They're both pretty.

So many pretty options! I especially like the whiptail pairing. It brings out the blue on the whiptails eyes back. wink.gif

I'm going to hold off for a little while until I know how the breeding works, but I can collect caveborns while I wait.

So many pretty options! I especially like the whiptail pairing. It brings out the blue on the whiptails eyes back. wink.gif

I'm going to hold off for a little while until I know how the breeding works, but I can collect caveborns while I wait.

Same.

@naturalcyber: Personally, I'd try w/ the green Coppers first (the contradiction of colors is really nice), but it's up to you! ~ tongue.gif

Going to do Nocturne with the blue-green one. Nocturnes are just perfect and look good with everything-- that and I think both night and day form will compliment the Copper's colors.

I managed to collect two of each color, influenced every one to make pairs [will have to gender swap if it fails], and then I'll start thinking about pairings.

I do like the Tri-Horn suggestion, but I'm already doing a CB Tri-Horn with Shimmer project, so the reverse lineage [viewing descendants] would look a bit off. Oh, well. I don't think it's a huge problem.

But I will have to check against the Nebulas.

So many pretty options!  I especially like the whiptail pairing.  It brings out the blue on the whiptails eyes back.  wink.gif

I had to go back and look at that. I'd skipped it because I couldn't see the attraction, but you're right. blink.gif

Have any CB Coppers even dropped since the Birthday week ended?

I've seen Salts, Tea, Teimarr, and 'clawed' the last few days [failed to grab any], but no Coppers.

Have any CB Coppers even dropped since the Birthday week ended?

I've seen Salts, Tea, Teimarr, and 'clawed' the last few days [failed to grab any], but no Coppers.

I haven't seen a single one in the cave but..

I've seen a fair share of CB Coppers in the AP.

As for breeding, I want to try the redish copper with red nebulas, and the blue-green with maybe a mix up of blue and green nebulas.. (I lurve nebulas)

I have 8 or something growing up around 2 am.

xd.png

I was like "Why are you guys growing up so late?! You know I can't breed dragon coherently at 2am!"

I'm curious to see how colors breed, too, first, so I may try a few pairs to see what results I get before endeavoring on any major breeding projects. I don't want to start a project if I know I'm going to have to toss out 2/3's of the eggs for being the wrong color.

tongue.gif

I really like the verdigris X male silver someone posted earlier, I just wish I had a CB male silver. I might try my female silver X one of the other colors. In general though, I think I like purebred lineages with them.

My favorite color though has to be verdigris.

Verdigris is definitely my favorite. I just love the slightly reddish green color, so beautiful!

I think these would look awesome paired with the STDs. I think. Haven't tried it yet because NDER is down.

I laughed when I figured out what you meant by STD's. You see, I hadn't seen Speckles referred to by that particular acronym. All that came to mind was something else referred to as an std. I didn't like to think of any coppers contracting one.

Tried breeding 3 coppers and all 3 gave no eggs - two with shadow walkers and one with a silver.

I'm still too locked to try anything. Plus, the pairs that I would want haven't had their mates grow up yet.

I bred my 4th copper when it grew up with another shadow walker - it's a green copper and it gave a the brownish egg. http://dragcave.net/lineage/WPcNH

edit: I'll be hiding it before I sign off for the night so the lineage might not be visible later.

Edited by rubyshoes

Well, I'm glad that they lay different colored eggs. It'll make it easier to get the different colors. To me it doesn't matter if they're caveborn or bred. Lineage doesn't matter to me. To me, it's just something you can look at to see a dragon's relatives.

Got an orange egg from two oranges and a green egg from two greens.