TJ09

2013-05-26 - DC's 7th Birthday - Day 5

I can almost guarantee that certain colors are more common in certain areas. I got my green ones in the Jungle, my brown ones in the Volcano, and just now my red ones in the Forest.

I've gathered a total of approximately 20 of these (released all but four), and they were 90% of a single type in a single biome. Not to say that the other can't be obtained in the other biomes, but they're much rarer.

Edited by Suzaku

TJ upped the drop rate once last night. I was on for the initial drop and it was mixed from the start. Browsed to the forum after the drop ended and saw that they were dropping in all biomes and many people upset it was mixed. Browsed back to the cave about 10 after and missed everything in alpine. I switched to Coast and saw a couple eggs. Missed. Refresh and huh... fresh egg. Refreshed, and kept seeing single and double fresh eggs for about 30 seconds. Then a full on flood in every biome with no mixing xd.png. So browsed back to the news thread to HEY YOU GUYS! It's FLOODING! But that only lasted briefly before some reports of mixing again. I think just the time between the first drop and then the second drop.

btw, if you've been view-bombed recently, there is a poll posted to see just how many people have been affected. If you haven't yet, you may want to wait until Day 7 to vote. View Bomb Poll

Thank you so the awesome person (who shall not be named but you know who you are you amazing person you!), who gifted me an orange and a brown egg! ♥♥

I also happened to grab one orange egg, which means I have a breeding pair!! :3

Now I just need a green one to complete the group. But, i'll have to wait until my stupid misclick water's cooldown is up.

So now I have one of each color, but that means I can only catch one of the Day 6 eggs tonight. Hopefully they won't be rare as well, because I'll need to catch my second Day 6 egg on Day 7.

These eggs do seem pretty rare already. It's hard to tell at this point, but I think they're going to be uncommon at the least.

Catching these is much easier on a phone or iPod Touch than a computer. That's how I got my 6, one pair of each.

I've caught all of mine on Internet Explorer, Chrome and Firefox were too slow.

Man- Still haven't been able to catch on of these guys. xd.png No luck at all.

You're not the only one. They're quite slippery once you see them and click on them. With me, it's like: -Sees an egg and tries to click on it- *Insert lag and seconds later the egg zooms away* Me: Darn, they're gone.

I'm so torn! Should I get another of these eggs and have a breeding pair? Or should I save slots for my usual three eggs for tomorrow's release?

i was lucky enough to have a pair of each biggrin.gif my sister is letting me park my others on her scroll since she isnt taking part in this release due to her finals in school being this week and junk but i am absolutely THRILLED and i still have one egg slot to pick up tomorrows release immediately and then i have to eggs that will hatch later so i can get my second biggrin.gif

Ah shoot, I'm having to gift away one of my Hellhorse eggs. sad.gif The eggs won't hatch until 3 a.m, and I only have one slot. I'd like a pair of tonights eggs.

Ah well, at least I can breed more down the line..

5 1/2 more hours! I need to find a movie to watch to pass this endless time..

my sister is letting me park my others on her scroll

Hmmm.. Is that allowed?

Edited by MedievalMystic

I console myself with the fact that I have at least one breeding pair for the green and one of each of the other two. Plus I got shimmers so I can trade for the ones I'm missing. Once the hell horses hatch tonight, I'm set for the Day 6.

The brown/bronze/dark red ones look interesting. Well, my luck wasn't very good so far with any of the egg colors... The hatchies look cute though. biggrin.gif

Ah shoot, I'm having to gift away one of my Hellhorse eggs. sad.gif The eggs won't hatch until 3 a.m, and I only have one slot. I'd like a pair of tonights eggs.

Ah well, at least I can breed more down the line..

5 1/2 more hours! I need to find a movie to watch to pass this endless time..

Hmmm.. Is that allowed?

actually ive never considered it... its not my account and she caught them and is just ganna give them to me when i can take them... do you think its not?

actually ive never considered it... its not my account and she caught them and is just ganna give them to me when i can take them... do you think its not?

If she caught them and is going to give them to you later, I don't really see a problem. I think it'd be more problematic if you caught them, transferred them to her scroll and then transfer them back later. What it sounds like is that she's basically gifting them to you.

Edited by MysticTiger

No matter how hard I try I can't seem to grab any orange or brown eggs. I just caught a CB Hellfire though. If anyone would like it I'd be more than happy to trade once it's cooled down *shrugs and rubs neck*

I dropped one of my hellhorses to have a third pair of the Copper eggs. I just hope that tomorrows drop doesn't have so many alts.

well.. my trade fell through and now i need to find a swap for a red with my extra brown.. e-e great.

I'm so torn! Should I get another of these eggs and have a breeding pair? Or should I save slots for my usual three eggs for tomorrow's release?

Hmn...I don't normally offer advice unless requested, but seeing your post: considering that the Copper Wyverns (?) already have 'drop' behaviors similar to rares, I'd suggest giving up one of your 3 allotted Day 6 spaces to catch another Copper egg. Of course, we don't yet know if Day 6 will also be a rare, but (seeing as how TJ gave us a 'breather' of a hybrid right before the bombshell of Day 5) I'd project that Day 6 will likely be Common - Uncommon at most. Hope this helps, and happy hunting! smile.gif

Edited by panthera1

Got one of each color. A bit bummed that I can't get one of each gender in all three colors without dropping my hellhorse babies, but I'll settle for one of each color for now tongue.gif I'll just have to catch more later after all the new release hype calms and I have some more room.

If she caught them and is going to give them to you later, I don't really see a problem. I think it'd be more problematic if you caught them, transferred them to her scroll and then transfer them back later. What it sounds like is that she's basically gifting them to you.

okay cool thanks lol

With a shoe horn and bacon grease I managed to get the three alts on my scroll. Snow Sherry you are genius. We all love the crazyiness of new eggs and drops but this beats hands down anything I've ever experienced before on DC. And I thought we got crazy during the Christmas/Halloween drops. Oh, how little I knew-this is like a mental obstacle course put together by a mad scientist (our much beloved TJ). Sheer genius. I wouldn't have missed it for the world. Thank goodness this is a long weekend. I can forsee plenty of horse trading going on as all of us do the switcheroo to try and get what we couldn't find/misclicked/didn't have room for. I plan to do a lot of trades. laugh.gif

Edited by Misha

Hmn...I don't normally offer advice unless requested, but seeing your post: considering that the Copper Wyverns (?) already have 'drop' behaviors similar to rares, I'd suggest giving up one of your 3 allotted Day 6 spaces to catch another Copper egg. Of course, we don't yet know if Day 6 will also be a rare, but (seeing as how TJ gave us a 'breather' of a hybrid right before the bombshell of Day 5) I'd project that Day 6 will likely be Common - Uncommon at most. Hope this helps, and happy hunting! smile.gif

Thank you for your advice! I got myself another coppery/red egg. I will be able to get a D6 third egg on D7. smile.gif