TJ09

2013-04-07 - April Release

LOVE the new release!

Also never have caught 5 at the time I started hunting for a new release! Are they meant to be common?

Okay, I have to say that this made me lol! If you go back 15 pages or so you'll see posts of no one being able to catch them and much gnashing of teeth. But I do get the feeling that these won't be rares.

The AP is pretty empty and there seems to be good stuff popping up if you aren't locked with crimsons and glitterballs

If it's hatchling incubation, I'm actually less excited by the idea of time off of hatchling growth than I am to see what kind of explanation finally made it past the scientific inquiry of the BSA threads.  xd.png

Particularly good nutrition (and increased daylight/light, apparently) does cause faster growth/maturity in animals, including humans, of course, which has long been scientifically proven.

Although a good, well-informed vet will warn you not to give your puppy or foal too nourishing a diet, as too-fast growth can cause all sorts of problems.

http://healthypets.mercola.com/sites/healt...reed-puppy.aspx

Why "Overgrowing" Your Large Breed Puppy is Dangerous

April 09, 2012

There are several factors that contribute to the skeletal development of puppies, including genetics, exercise, trauma and nutrition. One of the most important factors is nutrition.

The good news is that nutrition is something you, as a pet owner, have complete control over. ...

... When a puppy's body gets too big, too fast and gains a lot of weight, it puts stress on the developing skeleton. Rapid bone growth can result in structural defects of the bones, which makes the skeleton even less able to bear the increasing body weight.

Sometimes developing cartilage can't keep up with rapid bone growth, and cartilage defects can occur. Also, big dogs have less bone density than smaller breeds, meaning their bones are more fragile and prone to injury.

Diet Influences How Fast a Puppy Grows – It Does Not Influence His Adult Size

... The size a dog ultimately becomes is primarily dictated by genetics. But the time it takes a dog to reach full adult size can be controlled to a large degree by nutrition. ...

But I'm sure that dragons would continue to mature normally no matter how quickly they matured, each example of (edit: the same) sprite appearing identical to the other.

Edited by Syphoneira

got one pair of reds finally! wee freedom for the night! *falls over*

Welp, I'm tired, hopefully those eggs will have hatched by the time I get up.

*that horrible moment when you only have one egg slot and you accidently lock yourself with a Neo............*

The new eggs look fantastic though and I can't wait to see the White x Daydream offspring! Thanks for the new release! xd.png

I have never seen the other biomes so empty so quick before, lol....wonder if less are dropping due to the new release??

Got one of the eggs right now... I'm always egglocked when there's a new release! sad.gif

Particularly good nutrition (and increased daylight/light, apparently) does cause faster growth/maturity in animals, including humans, of course, which has long been scientifically proven.

Yeah, this would work for something like creating the opposite of an ND. xd.png Unless it came with a death rate chance I don't see it working out given that it makes the animal unhealthy to do this.

It's funny, because we automatically think "heat" when it comes to Volcano dragons, even though that's not all there is to them, so it will be interesting to see if this dragon has the BSA and it's one not involving that aspect.

Have yet to grab a red either, and am too new to have a breedable White and Daydream yet.

God, I hate living in Australia. Our ping is atrocious.

I saw that huge drop...didn't manage to get one...not...even...one.

Hopefully later on when more people are asleep I might be more successful.

And yet I have no problem at all - even in 5 min drops. Though maybe there is a difference between east and west coast and what internet provider you've got as well.

I find wireless/dongles are very bad around our peak time 4-10pm due to more people online in that time.

anyway got all i want for now, just need to wait for my ER's to hatch

Caught 6 of the Crimson eggs --yay! I somehow happened to be completely open, egg slot wise. Amazing as I'm normally chronically locked. Think I want at least 2 more as soon as I get some space. I've left one slot open just in case I run into a CB Silver LOL

No Daydreams on my scroll as I don't care for them, so no breeding of the new hybrids for me. I'll wait to see how they turn out and then see about maybe getting some in trades or from the AP.

Caught 4 of the pretties, but my one pair was a REFUSAL....so I guess I cant win them all =P

But ty for the lovelies and new bsa!! <3333333

So the "beautiful glow"egg is the hybrid? Great.

*Waits patiently for the top of the hour*

TJ's eggs are gonna hatch soon, cant wait to see xd.pngxd.pngxd.png

Destroying F5 button by kept refreshing tongue.giftongue.gif

Finally they started having cracks smile.gif I'm looking foward to the hatchlings.

If the white x daydream hybrid had a publicly viewable thread in Dragon Suggestions, I'm pretty sure I know what it is--and I'm kicking myself for not having any daydreams at the moment, because I recall swooning more than a little bit over the sprites. And if it's not what I'm thinking of, well, I've been known to enjoy a surprise!

So far I have 0 new eggs. Have been hanging out in the AP in hopes of CB daydreams, but keep getting distracted and picking up other interesting things... dry.gif

Edited by miaou

Yes, I'm not totally egglocked, so the breedables have to wait. -.-'' Now I hope I can catch the Little crimson ones. *runs off*

Edit: Yay! Caught three. Now I'm locked. Oh, they are so beautifull. Both eggs. Thanks a lot TJ.

Edited by Moiken

Yay! More pretties!

And I'm egglocked as usual, haha. At least most of my eggies hatch today so I can join the hunting squad soon biggrin.gif

Woo! smile.gif Got two of the hybrids and four of the crimsons. Just got to wait for a seasonal to hatch (any minute now...) so I can grab another crimson in the next drop.

I need a caveborn daydream now, so I can try to get the prettyegg hybrid. xd.png

I finally got one of the crimsons, though! <3

Okay, how many red eggs I've got out of ~100 tabs? One, it's something. I even saw a Silver during this hourly drop.

Is DC lagging dreadfully for anyone else ? Everything is fine until there is a drop, and then I can't get the page to load until the drop is over. Very frustrating.

I'm so excited about this release, the eggs seem different, can't wait to see what the adults will be like.

wow god does not like me ]:

my number of crimsons are: 0.

i hope i can catch one by the end of the day.... )':