Vhale

Remote Biomes

I was assuming it would be strictly by breed, so whether they get them from the ap for by trading or gifting wouldn't matter. That does raise the question of dragons that fall in multiple biomes, but I really don't see that as such a big deal. Assume that this will mostly apply to new players that have n o prior experience with DC. They aren't going to start out knowing about the remote biomes, or trading, or anything. They'll learn fast, of course. Especially if they do as I did and immediately sign up for the forum, and then proceed to read everything in sight.

So to start with they probably aren't going to be concentrating in one biome anyway. And it won't matter where they get the eggs they raise. Even with some dragons dropping in multiple biomes I think chances are they'll still take most of that 45 days to get access to all the biomes, simply by virtue of still learning their way around.

And those numbers about how long things would take assumed that they wouldn't have reds. 3 days to hatch, 3 more days to grow up, but they've picked up more eggs in the meantime.

I really don't care how it's done as long as there's exclusive biomes with new dragons that let dragons be released more often for more experienced players.

Okay, now I'm confused. When I first started reading this thread, the idea was simply MORE BIOMES accessible to "veteran" players, however that is determined. When did it change into "exclusive new-release dragons for experienced players"? Those are ENTIRELY different concepts.

One is fair. The other is not. I don't care how you spin it, you'll never make me believe that *new* dragons released *more often* JUST for "experienced players" is ANY kind of fair. So.... what am i missing here?

Why would you want to raise dragons to go to a biome that had the same dragons as the ones you were previously raised to get to the new biome? Something would have to be different about the dragons. And no one wants a special rare biome. So that leaves commons. Is there anyway you could think of to make those commons attractive other than being new dragons?

Sure. Automatic ER-timed eggs, breed-only breeds/alts being available in the biomes...

I'm not sure the word "exclusive" exactly applies. Not unless you consider them exclusive by virtue of not being open to brand new players? The idea is that there is a criteria for access, but the criteria is easy to meet. In fact, everyone in this thread so far would meet it. If we use the numbers I was suggesting earlier we should be able to expect each new player to take about 2 months to have access to all the remote biomes. They could theoretically reach their first one in just over two weeks. The second could possibly be available as soon as 3 weeks, if dragons that fall in two biomes count for both.

(After three weeks they'd have 16 adults by my calculations, assuming they take 4 eggs every 3 days from the cave. It could be shorter if they take ap eggs that are less than 7 day eggs, even without incubates. If just 4 of those adults count for more than one biome they could realistically have access to two of the remote biomes in just 3 weeks.)

Edit: and I'd say no to cave dropping hybrids or alts. I don't have any dragons released yet that have alts or are obtained by breeding two other breeds, but if I did I'd say absolutely not. That isn't how those breeds were designed to work. You'd be circumventing the concept's design.

There are loads of breeds waiting for release. Some of them would fit perfectly in a more remote biome. And remember, they would be common, tradeable, breedable, and access would be easy to obtain. ANYONE (yes, even brand new "this is my first egg" players would be able to have the eggs, pick them up if they're in the ap, trade them - whatever. The idea is only that they in a place more remote than our starting biomes, so you need to be a little more experienced to get there yourself.

Edited by Fiona BlueFire

Sure. Automatic ER-timed eggs, breed-only breeds/alts being available in the biomes...

That's already been suggested a couple pages back as far as stripes etc. But people have been extremely clear, no rares. Those would most certainly qualify as rares given that some have been given out at prizes. And that's a different thread on the forums entirely that I don't want to touch here. As far as ER timed, the ap is already doing that atm. So again, not much of a reward there.

While I'm not big on any concept that includes all areas of the Cave not being equally accessible to everyone, regardless of any other factors, with that caveat, I otherwise like Fiona BlueFire's vision.

Let's face it, though, we ALWAYS virtually all bust a gut trying to get the new dragons NAOW - and a lot of people with access would turn into cart-mules, ferrying eggs to those who can't get there yet, lol.

And between that and collecting the coming regular New Releases of 2 dragons a month... busy bees are weeeeee...

But if this went through, I could deal with Fiona's version, whereas I, personally, (like many others) couldn't deal with us being split into groups, with at least some of us hunting only some of the dragons in different biomes, special privileges for some at the cost of others, etc.

That'd take the fun out of it for me, and it's not the sort of place I'd like to be associated with or spend my relaxation time in.

I like Fiona's suggestion too. However, as I'd have access immediately to those biomes, I'm in favor of more biome stages beyond the default and its sub-biome to achieve for players with bigger scrolls. This would still be fair to those who don't want large scrolls but want particular dragons, if nondefault-biome-exclusive dragons are implemented.

Right now, I'm stagnating a bit since the only goal I have now is simply collecting set amounts of almost every breed, and I'd like incentive to alter my play style. I have a bit of trouble understanding all the fuss made about people who essentially refuse to adapt their play style, since that restricts any changes for those of us who are more flexible and ends up impacting us while pretty much catering to people who are far more picky about their scrolls. Since this game is about collecting dragons, I can't really fathom stubbornly sticking to having, say, two of each breed only, and never having more ever. For those who play like that, they'd still be able to achieve their scroll goals with level-based biomes (whatever the levels end up being), even if they might have to trade to do it, or get lucky on the AP.

I'm honestly a bit baffled about the resistance to giving more flexible players something to work toward, rather than have everything be accessible by default, since the game already doesn't work that way. There are already trophies, breeding-only breeds, and other difficult to obtain breeds that newbies might have a hard time getting. These are goals to work toward as it is, but many of us veteran players have already achieved those. Giving us things to keep us interested is hardly more "unfair" than some things already are.

I say this as someone who still has no GoNs or neglecteds, let alone even a gold or blusang (yet), which is another point. There are already rares that people like me have a ton of trouble getting, and I have had to alter my play style to get some rares. The game is about adapting and expanding goals, not staying stagnant with nothing beyond just collecting some set amount of dragons. Personally, I find the prize dragons far more unfair than separate biomes for collecting X amount of dragons.

Edited by Uigenna

I suppose the real argument here is that there's no point in having "progression" or "endgame" in a game that isn't supposed to have any particular "goal."

But, as Uigenna, I, and a few other people have said, there's already a precedent in DC for dragons that are easier to get the later on in the game you go. Thing is, after a few months of steady playing, that progression stops. (And, reaching the current "endgame" only takes so long because there are so many things about DC that deliberately slow you down.)

Having been in this exact position when I played UniCreatures (which is part of why I quit UniCreatures), I can understand why people would be averse to making Dragon Cave get progressively harder after you've completed all the milestones that are already in the game.

There are, however, two key differences between Dragon Cave and UniCreatures. The first is that on Dragon Cave, there is no guilt-tripping to go and give clicks to the dragons of everybody who clicked yours. Simply using fansites is enough to "give back" to the community, which I know because the dragons I put in fansites often grow up with 0 clicks.

The other key difference is that in UniCreatures, there is no competition over eggs. In fact, when I last played, there was no way whatsoever to interact with other players when it came to creatures. (I think there was an in-game currency that could be traded, but I don't really remember.)

Giving a reward for obtaining a lot of creatures on UniCreatures would be stupid because the only thing that does for the site is generate a lot of clicks on the website, and hook you in to playing longer. Considering UC doesn't even have ads (or, it didn't last time I played) it's little more than psychological manipulation.

Giving a reward like that on Dragon Cave is pretty much equivalent to the "Cave Plumbers" project and similar things--you're being rewarded for doing a service to the cave, which is consistently removing eggs from the cave and the AP. That behavior is necessary for Dragon Cave to function, and I think it's necessary enough that it warrants a reward high enough as access to an exclusive biome.

I still stand by my previous statement that this sort of thing would have to be implemented after Shroud, or a similar function, to be completely fair. It would also be good to wait until an in-cave Teleport market were opened as well.

I still stand by my previous statement that this sort of thing would have to be implemented after Shroud, or a similar function, to be completely fair. It would also be good to wait until an in-cave Teleport market were opened as well.
Of course, shroud, tabs, scroll folders, improved auto-sort filters and an in-cave teleport market would be nice to have before a veteran biome gets implemented - but on the other hand, a veteran biome would work anyway.

Personally, if a veteran biome (or two or three...) gets implemented, I'd be in favor of it containing only common breeds, but breeds that are not available in any other biome. I probably wouldn't even mind if one or two uncommon breeds were available in them, but that might be asking for too much, and I'm not hung up on it. (Although it would provide incentive to clear the new biomes and gift at least the commons from there.)

Regarding Fi's idea of making the veteran biomes out to be more remote places hidden in the regular biomes, that's a fine idea - but I don't think that making them accessible too easily is a good idea. After all, for a new player, there are about 90 brand new breeds of dragons to collect in the "regular" biomes. Because to them, all dragons are new and exciting. Maybe some more or less than others, but they're all new to them - and not something they have dozens of already.

And, since I've been thinking about new ways to distribute dragons into biomes, I've had a number of ideas for new biomes to be incorporated. =)

Alpine: Somewhere in the mountains, you find a strange curtain of light. Passing through it, you can see some semi-substantial stairs leading to the Sky (or Celestial) biome. There, you'll find breeds that are inherently good or just plain awesome fliers.

Coast: Seriously, this one gives me too many ideas for adjacent biomes. The coast could be adjacent to the Ocean, or to Swampland/Bogs, or maybe a small island full of pygmy breeds. (Ever heard of island dwarfism?)

Desert: As you trudge through the desert, you notice that the naked sand and stone start to bear the occasional patch of grass. Further walking in the same direction, you finally find your way into the steppe (or maybe even the prairie?).

Forest: Walking through the forest, you find the entrance to a huge cave. Entering the cave, you notice that it's the beginning of a vast and complicated system of tunnels and caves. You've reached the underground!

Jungle: Again, I have two different ideas. The first would be that the jungle borders on a big reef, like the Great Barrier Reef in Australia. This would contain a number of exotic, water-based breeds of dragons as well as those breeds feeding on the reef-dwellers from above. The other idea would be a hidden valley in the midst of the jungle that's full of new breeds that can't be found anywhere else. (Of course, reef could also go next to coast...)

Volcano: Travelling through the volcanic landscape, you happen into an area that's full of toxic smoke. Protecting yourself from its effect by any means, you press on and find the wasteland, an area that's toxic to any creature not native to it. Since it's a rather hot place on top of that, you'll find a number of weird and quickly mutating breeds of dragons (with lots of alts!), many of which show an affinity to fire and/or heat.

Ahem. That was my imagination running wild again. *cough*

Coast: Seriously, this one gives me too many ideas for adjacent biomes. The coast could be adjacent to the Ocean, or to Swampland/Bogs, or maybe a small island full of pygmy breeds. (Ever heard of island dwarfism?)

Desert: As you trudge through the desert, you notice that the naked sand and stone start to bear the occasional patch of grass. Further walking in the same direction, you finally find your way into the steppe (or maybe even the prairie?).

Forest: Walking through the forest, you find the entrance to a huge cave. Entering the cave, you notice that it's the beginning of a vast and complicated system of tunnels and caves. You've reached the underground!

Jungle: Again, I have two different ideas. The first would be that the jungle borders on a big reef, like the Great Barrier Reef in Australia. This would contain a number of exotic, water-based breeds of dragons as well as those breeds feeding on the reef-dwellers from above. The other idea would be a hidden valley in the midst of the jungle that's full of new breeds that can't be found anywhere else. (Of course, reef could also go next to coast...)

Volcano: Travelling through the volcanic landscape, you happen into an area that's full of toxic smoke. Protecting yourself from its effect by any means, you press on and find the wasteland, an area that's toxic to any creature not native to it. Since it's a rather hot place on top of that, you'll find a number of weird and quickly mutating breeds of dragons (with lots of alts!), many of which show an affinity to fire and/or heat.

Ahem. That was my imagination running wild again. *cough*

Expanding by using the completed request thread.

Not swamps from the coast... Atlantis! Toss in marble and antiquity theme dragons and it would be awesome. Ideas for breeds: Aero, Alabaster, Cascade Dancer, Crying Wyvern, Marbled, Phantasm, Sea Spear Lindwurm, Sea Spinner, Tanglewyrm, more?

I think it would be better to have the jungle to to underground and forest lead to more like a giant redwood old-growth stand. We have enough water already. smile.gif

Underdark: The jungle in nature has a lot of dark undergrowth areas and it would make sense to have the "darkness" area and bioluminescent glowy or dark colored dragons around. Ideas for breeds: Ambush, Blackphase, Contortia, Deep Cave, Face Eater, Firefly, Haunting Heartbeat, Luminous Stripes, more?

The redwood stand could have larger "ancient" dragons and more drakes because we really don't have may varieties of drake right now. No orchre drakes will spawn in the redwoods because there's too many of those already. Breed ideas: Blossom Angels, Faerie, Frilled Imperial (all), Lyrisel Drake, Sun Conure Drake (all), Viridis Amphiptere, White Barred Drake , more?

Sky Biome ("High heavens?") breed ideas: Ambrosial, Assassino, Crystal Song, Feathercrest Drake, Feles, Harptail, Lacewing, Sunshower, more?

Steppe Biome breed ideas: Daedalean, Equus (all), llama, Ne'Enden Easterns, Saevio, Silk-tailed, Unicorn (all), more?

Wasteland breed ideas: Alien, Bog Lich, Charred, Doomsday (all), Duality, Fauxnicorn, Fume, Saber-Fanged, Scytodes Drake, Soot-Faced Drake, Skinless, Venomfang, more?

Edited by lamoxlamae

Okay, I'm going to give a summary of the ideas we've had so far. I've tried to rank them in order of what seems to be the most popular/least disliked.

Part I: What's In These Biomes?

Option 1: Exclusive Common Breeds CB eggs would only be dropped in the biome. Other players can still obtain the eggs through trading or snatched from the AP.

Pros: Gives seasoned players an extra benefits and goals, will make the number of breeds less overwhelming for new players, will allow a large number of new dragons to be released at once.

Cons: Too big a benefit, and such a large number of new dragons could still be overwhelming?

Option 2: An "old school" cave. Three egg slots, with all species appearing (possibly barring rares, new releases or holidays).

Pros: A bit of nostalgia for the older cave, gives more seasoned players and extra choice of where to hunt. Not too big an advantage over new players.

Con: Will be slower moving than main biomes, due to lower number of players and with so many breeds. Veteran users might not actually want to hunt there.

Option 3: A place for early releases. Before appearing in the main cave, new releases could be found here. (Presumably barring holiday releases).

Pro: Extra benefit for veterans. Eggs could still be obtained

Con: Probably a little too big, both in terms of direct access and in terms of trader fodder during new releases.

Part II: Accessing the Biome

A: Fi's "Advanced" Biome Concept

Concept: Upon raising X number of breeds from a biome (10?), user gains access to a more difficult to reach or dangerous part of the biome (for example, "The Caves" for Alpine, or "The Wasteland" for Volcano). Eggs present adhere to Option 1.

Theoretically, if you needed 10 dragons to access an experienced biome, a newbie could achieve this in about 18 days, assuming they picked up the right dragons.

Pros: Allows for flexibility in what kinds of dragons a person wants to collect, makes sense from an RP standpoint, allows for more world building, allows many new dragons to be released, everyone can eventually obtain it.

Cons: Possibly still too big a benefit to new players, may not offer enough flexibility in play styles.

B: "Veteran" Biome Obtained After X Number of Dragons Collected

Concept: Once you have gotten X number of dragons, you gain access to a new biome. May possibly be a number of different milestones to hit.

Can use Options 1-3.

Pros: Gives benefit to veteran players, especially those who pick up cave blockers.

Cons: Restricts people's play styles.

Additional Notes: While people could always release extra dragons they don't want once they've met the achievement, this is kind of an ineffective use of game time. The addition of a "shroud" BSA or feature to hide dragons may be beneficial.

C: "Veteran" Biome Obtained After X Period of Time (actively?) Playing the game

Concept: After having played for X period of time (One year? Two?) you get access to the veteran biome. Specifying active players makes sure you can't just leave your scroll for a year and then come back. May have multiple milestones you can hit.

Can use Options 1-3.

Pros: Everyone can eventually obtain it, simply requires you to continue playing the game, allows for flexibility of play styles.

Cons: May be too long of a wait, and frustrate new players as there's nothing they can do to speed up process.

D: Combine B and C

Concept: Basically, what it says on the tin. After playing actively for X amount of time, or collecting X number of dragons, you get access to the advanced biome(s).

Pros: Allows players to reach goal quickly if they choose, but is flexible for play styles.

Cons: Still too big a benefit for new players?

If I missed anything, tell me, and I'll try to add it. I just think it'll be a good idea to have the various ideas in one post.

------

Personally, I like Fi's idea the best, although I think that Option 3 and D together could work well too.

@lamoxlamae: Really minor point, but seeing how Marbled Dragons live high in the air, I think they might have a minor problem in breathing if they were in Atlantis. Still, I really like your various location concepts.

Expanding by using the completed request thread.

Not swamps from the coast... Atlantis! Toss in marble and antiquity theme dragons and it would be awesome. Ideas for breeds: Aero, Alabaster, Cascade Dancer, Crying Wyvern, Marbled, Phantasm, Sea Spear Lindwurm, Sea Spinner, Tanglewyrm, more?

I think it would be better to have the jungle to to underground and forest lead to more like a giant redwood old-growth stand. We have enough water already. smile.gif

Underdark: The jungle in nature has a lot of dark undergrowth areas and it would make sense to have the "darkness" area and bioluminescent glowy or dark colored dragons around. Ideas for breeds: Ambush, Blackphase, Contortia, Deep Cave, Face Eater, Firefly, Haunting Heartbeat, Luminous Stripes, more?

The redwood stand could have larger "ancient" dragons and more drakes because we really don't have may varieties of drake right now. No orchre drakes will spawn in the redwoods because there's too many of those already. Breed ideas: Blossom Angels, Faerie, Frilled Imperial (all), Lyrisel Drake, Sun Conure Drake (all), Viridis Amphiptere, White Barred Drake , more?

Sky Biome ("High heavens?") breed ideas: Ambrosial, Assassino, Crystal Song, Feathercrest Drake, Feles, Harptail, Lacewing, Sunshower, more?

Steppe Biome breed ideas: Daedalean, Equus (all), llama, Ne'Enden Easterns, Saevio, Silk-tailed, Unicorn (all), more?

Wasteland breed ideas: Alien, Bog Lich, Charred, Doomsday (all), Duality, Fauxnicorn, Fume, Saber-Fanged, Scytodes Drake, Soot-Faced Drake, Skinless, Venomfang, more?

Oooh, the idea of really fancy hidden biomes is neat! Much cooler then just regular deeper sections, in my opinion. I really like your first three ideas especially--glowyyy biomeeez. <3

GLOWY BIOMES! Although some of those sprites you have listed are on my personal "pleasedon'treleaseplease..." list, I like the concepts!

I'm sure those are just ideas. It does show that there are plenty of finished concepts that fit the remote biomes idea.

I really, really, really like the ideas of remote biomes, accessed by collecting X of dragons from a given biome or breed or whatever pleases a majoruty. However, i'd like it to be a challenge to access them, so 10 dragons - that's no big deal and no limiter at all, then you could just give them to anyone. It would lose that special feeling, that would be just a biome-doubling which i would not support.

Thus, here is an extended idea on how to access those "hidden" biomes, that make it possible for most of the people to access it, independently of their playstyle.

First there is some low limit, like bronze trophy

(honestly, I'm unsure how dragons would work that drop in all biomes. you could easily catch 10 commons that drop everywhere, and have access to all biomes - so bronze trophy might be a better way to impose some limit as to not get them additional biomes from the start)

Then, you get the RP - message on the biome's page that you have "found a way to another location where dragons might be".

When you click this link, you can go to some kind of quest-page, where you have to solve one of various challenges. This should cover most of the playstyles, and can be extended later if a playstyle is missing - Basically, you chose a quest and resolve it. Only Stuff acquired after the quest is started counts.

Ideas for quests could be:

- Collect X dragons of 1 breed. (Chosen by system or user)

- Collect 1 dragon of X types. (depending on biome)

- Just collect Y random dragons. (from all biomes)

Of those quests, I'd only allow 1 to be active at a time, so you have to choose before AND can only do one biome at a time. There needs to be a reset button, as well. Someone might not be able to fulfill a quest he deemed easy at first... Collect 10 Silvers? no problem right now. in 6 months - maybe impossible.

Access to biomes would be permanent in my idea. So once you solved one of the quests, you know where the biome is and can access it further, even with 1000 days of inactivity or releasing all your dragons.

My 2cents, plus questions, about Completely Different's summary:

I'm having trouble with those whole concept, so bear with me. Option 2, I agree that it probably wouldn't be very interesting/exciting, wouldn't be something users would want to work towards.

Option 1.... I'm warming to the idea. Still have concerns. It *is* a big, specific advantage against newbies, and that's where I have trouble with this whole concept. I'm simply not of the mind that "veterans" *deserve* any special-only-for-me dragons just because they've met some random requirement. But anyways. I think the new-release-overload could be a problem, too. TJ has already said he plans 1-2 new releases a month now, so more new releases just for "special" people? Might get overwhelming. I DO like that this option specifies only COMMON breeds.

Option 3: No. Way too big of a "perk", advantage, whatever you want to call it. Thinking about all the people who *wouldn't* have access to these boimes, I'd be pretty freakin' pissed off if I knew that so-and-so was able to lock themselves on a NEW BREED that us "normal" players hadn't even gotten to SEE yet!

I like Fi's concept for the biomes.

NO on restricting it to "x number of dragons collected" since this is NOT a "collect all you can" game and it should not be turned into one.

The period of time is debatable. Personally I think going at it in terms of YEARS is waaaaay too long. If this idea is to give a bonus, another challenge/game-piece/etc to people who stick around, there are going to be WAY fewer people who actually get the privilege if you count it in terms of years. I'd say 6-8 months is plenty. Also, no "active", okay? How would you measure "active"? Logging on once a week? Once a month? Doing a dragon-action once a week? What about the people who've gone 5 months continually "active" and then there's a crisis where they can't get online, suddenly they are back at the beginning? Doesn't sound fair to me.

I'd like to remind people, again, that "unfair to newbies" should not apply here. Perks are incentives to achieve things, whether for veteran players or others. Newbies will naturally be starting without much and will work toward whatever goals they decide on, which may change over time. That's kind of the point.

Also, whether or not everyone will want to work to get access to special things or areas isn't really the point either. If you want a GoN, you have to get a set of trios, therefore if you want access to different areas, you have to get X amount of dragons (or whatever the requirements end up being). Same goes for trophy perks: if you want the perks, you'll work toward getting them. If you don't, well, that's your choice, but future changes should not depend on the people who choose not to meet certain requirements. There are almost always other ways to obtain what they want, if for whatever reason they don't want to collect X amount of dragons.

While I'm leery of having too many new breeds, since I'm still very behind on many of the newer ones, I can deal because it gives me something to work toward. As long as there's not ten new breeds per month or something silly like that, it won't be too difficult. I would just like to see incentives for us veterans to work for to keep us engaged beyond just new breeds every month. It's already kind of difficult to keep up with collecting new releases as it is.

This AS WELL as the two new breeds per month we are getting.... Ouch.

Yeah, I have to agree here. I'm not so sure biome-exclusive breeds are a good idea, unless the new releases of both the biomes and biome-exclusive breeds are staggered over several months, like maybe one new biome and breed every, say, three months. I mean, I only just finished my Brimstone pairs about a month or so ago, and those are almost cave-blockers now. blink.gif Even if the biome-exclusive breeds are commons, I don't think that'd help much... unless we get increases on our egg/hatchie slots (as in, new trophies), which would help a little bit.

Granted, I'm the type to want a somewhat large set amount of CB pairs of each breed (for EG lineages), so that's one main reason I fall behind on getting the new releases, but I know I'm hardly the only one who likes to have "armies" of each CB breed.

So, upon reflection, perhaps we could think up perks for the biomes other than new breeds? As much as I'd like to have an easier time collecting certain breeds, I know that putting (already released) uncommons or rares in new biomes would go over like a lead balloon. xd.png I'm just getting somewhat concerned that two regular releases per month are going to be enough of a strain on their own for collectors like me.

Edit: Not saying I can't deal if there's more new breeds released, just that a little moderation on how many new breeds are released in a month might be good. I've left other games due to the amount of new releases each month because it eventually became too difficult to keep up. I don't want to see DC go that route. Also, perhaps there could be an either/or for the requirements to the new biomes, such as time played OR X number of dragons (from a particular biome), so those with different play styles aren't as hampered.

Edited by Uigenna

I'm sure those are just ideas. It does show that there are plenty of finished concepts that fit the remote biomes idea.

*cough* The remote biomes I suggested were tailored to the dragons on the completed list - at least as far as C.

What about the people who've gone 5 months continually "active" and then there's a crisis where they can't get online, suddenly they are back at the beginning? Doesn't sound fair to me.

Well, as far as I understand things, the 5 months would still count after a period of inactivity.

How did you ever manage to get started on this game if a couple of new breeds are problematic for you? rolleyes.gif Work on it one egg at a time, and eventually, you'll get there.

Personally, I just caught the last spring for my minimum goal of 2 CB of each gender. After three years of playing. (Yes, spring. Common breed.) But that doesn't stop me from wanting more different breeds, either.

Granted that you used the dragons on the completed list for your suggestions for the remote biomes. However, the actual choices for release to those biomes can only be suggestions because in the end users cannot decide which dragons to release. That is solely up to TJ. If he decided that X dragon on your suggestion list simply isn't up to standards art-wise or has some issue with the concept, has an absent artist he can't get permissions signed for, or any other obstacle, that breed won't be used.

*cough* The remote biomes I suggested were tailored to the dragons on the completed list - at least as far as C.

Well, as far as I understand things, the 5 months would still count after a period of inactivity.

How did you ever manage to get started on this game if a couple of new breeds are problematic for you? rolleyes.gif Work on it one egg at a time, and eventually, you'll get there.

Personally, I just caught the last spring for my minimum goal of 2 CB of each gender. After three years of playing. (Yes, spring. Common breed.) But that doesn't stop me from wanting more different breeds, either.

I catch when they happen (or not long afterwards) - but if there are two a month AND a slew of them in special biomes - that will make for very hard work. I don't spend my entire life here... xd.png

/eyes Completely Different's synopsis and plots to steal

I do think that if the number of breeds required to trigger the biomes is low, then I'd support the counter at 0 idea so that vets can't get in them on day 1. That kinda ruins the whole achievement aspect. Is there anyway to know what the average number of dragons per scroll is? I'm not sure if the fansites would know that type of info.

I think 5-6 months or a bit less is reasonable without pushing into rare territory. From what we've seen during the boom thread Boom statistics a few people are able to monopolize the entirety of the spawn. That's also why I don't want regular dragons from the other biomes in it. If there were, that would let people monopolize the vet biomes in the same way. I think what we're seeing right now with nebulas, stripes, pinks, reds isn't too bad.

I think if if was much lower, it would be worse for newbies because they'd be pressured to do it NOW. Kinda like what's happened with dailies in WoW. a reasonable length of time that isn't too much makes it clear, don't worry about it now. Just enjoy what you are doing and worry about it down the road.

I don't support inactivity triggering them. THe problem there is the same multiscroller issue. Someone shouldn't be able to create 10 scrolls. Forget about them for 5 months and come back to them having access. Of the scrolls that got burnt up after taking some of my ffa'd eggs, one had the 2012 valentine's badge. So they do sit around for awhile.

Granted that you used the dragons on the completed list for your suggestions for the remote biomes. However, the actual choices for release to those biomes can only be suggestions because in the end users cannot decide which dragons to release. That is solely up to TJ. If he decided that X dragon on your suggestion list simply isn't up to standards art-wise or has some issue with the concept, has an absent artist he can't get permissions signed for, or any other obstacle, that breed won't be used.

Of course, I cannot decide which dragons get released. I know that. But I can look at what's ready for TJ to release - if he so choses. But even so, he usually has to chose something that is there - including somewhere we can't see, I have to admit.