lycrawaterz14

Of Slaves and Royals

Tybalt shook his head. "This is better than sleep. I'd rather be making you more comfortable." He pet her hair. "Sorry. That sounded really creepy. I meant... You have had a rough day, and I would rather make you more comfortable here than be lazing around." He looked awkward. "Sorry... And even if something bad would happen, I still would have been happier than if I hadn't gotten you two. I had the most fun today than I have in a while..." He smirked a little. "El, you don't have to feel responsible for us. I'm not trying to relieve you of any caring for the people you have grown close to, just the worry."

To be honest, now that she’d calmed down, Ella found herself incredibly tired and wasn’t really able to follow everything that Tybalt was saying. However, she thought she caught the meaning of the last part – something about it being okay to worry – and stifling a yawn, she quietly said, “Thank you, Sir.”

"No... Thank you El." He kissed the top of her head. "You have done more for me. I had pictured tonight being the other way around."

((I'm sorry for not posting sooner.))

Alec

He followed Lousie. God dangit! Why do I have to be such a wimp. I wish I where more like my brother or father.

At Tybalt’s response, Ella had to think for a moment as she tried to figure out whether or not she was supposed to apologize for making his night not go the way he’d pictured. Too tired to try to find any deeper meaning to his words, she decided to take them at face value and she quietly said, “Just doing my duty, Sir.” However, her mind then went back to the dream that woke her up, and in a tone that sounded very much like a frightened child, she asked, “He…he is all right, isn’t he?”

~~~~~~~

As soon as the door closed behind Alec, Isabeth’s brave front broke and she buried herself in her father’s arms as she cried, “Oh Daddy it was horrible…” She then proceeded to tell him everything that had happened and what all was said.

Meanwhile, Louise led Alec down to the slave quarters. As they went through the kitchen, she had asked Chuck to retrieve her first aid kit but had ignored the shocked look the man had given them as the continued on their way. Once down in the slave quarters, Louise tapped the head of one of the tables as she said, “Have a seat here, so I can have a good look at you.” Watching the boy as he moved, her tone was curious and concerned as she asked, “So what happened?”

He just kept petting her hair. "Yes. I'm sure he's fine. It's alright." Tybalt just cuddled her close, seeing that Ella was falling asleep.

Ella was relieved to hear that Tybalt thought Zeke was all right, and as he comforted her, started to become rather sleepy. She did doze off for a moment before waking with a slight jerk and a small gasp. Suddenly realizing what she was doing, she felt even guiltier than she did before for having woken him as well as just a little ashamed for being comforted by her master. Fortunately, that hated voice in the back of her mind seemed to be asleep, and she remained calm in his arms as she said, “Again, please forgive me for waking you Sir… And, thank you, Sir, but you need sleep too, so whenever you’re ready to go back to bed…”

Tybalt just nodded, and lifted her up. He climbed up on the bed himself before laying her down and returning back to his position. The blankets were a nightmare, so he had to lean over her to get them off the floor and back onto them. "Sorry." He mumbled, and draped them as best he could over top of them. "...goodnight then?"

Though she had been at about the point of falling asleep, Ella reflexively gave a small start when Tybalt leaned over her, but when it became apparent that he was reaching for the blankets, she relaxed again. However, when he said goodnight to her, she couldn’t see how he could be comfortable with the blankets the way they were. Quietly whispering, “One moment please, Sir,” she got out of bed and straightened the blankets while making sure that he had almost all of the blankets so he would be comfortable. Getting back in bed, she said, “Goodnight, Sir.”

He smiled at her, exhausted as well. He rustled his hair out of his face and smirked a little. "Goodnight El. Try to have sweet dreams this time." Tybalt teased, and pat her shoulder, curling up against the wall again.

“Yes Sir,” Ella answered sleepily, and then she fell silent. Laying on her side, with her back to Tybalt, she tried to focus on happier memories as she tried to fall back to sleep.

((I remember posting a reply...))

Alec

Before he could say anything he needed to get a chip out of his arm. He silently pointed to it. Did she really think I would let that stay in my arm? He asked himself. All the events that happened where quiet frightening and all he wanted to do was sleep then wake up early and follow orders. Better that being in the slave shop.

((Umm…sure, but I just wanted to get this out there…))

When Alec pointed to his arm, Louise gave an understanding nod, but Brett had recently entered the room, and he snapped, “You will answer the question!”

Louise gave the man a brief, sharp look, but then smiled and in a pleasant voice, she said, “Brett, please inform Mistress Isabeth that Alec’s injuries do appear to have been decently tended, but I’m going to double check everything just to be sure.”

Though a muscle in Brett’s cheek twitched as he glared at Alec, all he said was, “Of course, Ma’am.”

As Brett headed up the stairs, Louise rolled her eyes as she took the first aid kit from Chuck and said, “This poor boy needs to get some meat on his bones. Chuck, do be a dear and bring down a sandwich, oh and tell Ames that Alec here is to get larger portions for supper for a while.” As Chuck headed up the stairs, Louise looked at Alec and added, “If you can handle it, dear. Don’t make yourself sick if it’s too much.” Once the door closed behind Chuck, they were the only two people in the slave’s quarters, and Louise gave Alec a warm smile as she silently mouthed, “Thank you for trying.”

With that, she said nothing more as she hummed a song while fussing over the young man to make sure that he was patched up to her standards. Chuck had come and gone, and she indicated for Alec to go ahead and eat the sandwich while she worked. After a while, Brett came back and pulled her aside, and the two talked quietly for a moment. Going back to Alec, she took the arm he had pointed to and she gently squeezed where the chip was, then held a finger to her lips, and then once again silently mouthed, “It’s okay.”

At some point during the night Tybalt had ended up curling around Ella, simply holding her shoulders, one arm over her waist. All he knew is he was finally warm and comfortable in something other than his own bed. He didn't really snore, but did have his head in her hair. It smelled good, and he didn't want to get up.

When Ella woke up to find Tybalt’s arm over her waist, a reflexive jolt of fear passed through her, but since she knew she was safe and had no reason to fear him, she was able to just as quickly push the fear away. As her heartbeat calmed back to normal, she silently scolded herself for even that brief moment of fear. Though she wasn’t afraid, she was faced with a different problem; it was time for her to start working, but she couldn’t get out of bed without disturbing Tybalt. She’d gotten into trouble before for waking her masters too early, so she was more afraid of waking Tybalt than she was of getting a late start. Resigning herself to wait, she found that, unlike that first morning, she wasn’t able to fall back asleep. However, she wasn’t sure if it was because Tybalt was so close or if it was because she was worried about getting into trouble for not doing her chores…possibly both.

Tybalt was smiling in his sleep, but when Dlla jolted he was roused out of his sleep into a daze. He wasn't all the way awake though, but about halfway there. "Hmmmm...?" He asked, rubbing his face in her hair.

As Tybalt nestled into her hair, Ella briefly tensed again but, once again, managed to quickly relax her muscles again. Unfortunately, her nerves weren’t so easy to calm. She was still afraid of disturbing him, so she remained silent incase he wanted to go back to sleep. Meanwhile, she was also hoping that he’d roll over so she could get up and collect herself and her wits.