lycrawaterz14

Of Slaves and Royals

He felt her jerk against him, and woke up this time. He gasped a little, and let go. "Ell... I am so sorry..." Tybalt looked horrified at his actions and immediately berated himself. "I would never internationally... I was just cold. I'm so sorry."

When Tybalt let go of her, Ella managed to keep her actions calm as she stood up. Though she had been a little freaked out, she wasn’t exactly afraid; just a little uncomfortable…Turning to look toward Tybalt, her expression was sympathetic as she nodded and quietly said, “I understand, Sir. It was cold last night. Would you like me to fetch another blanket before getting started?”

Tybalt's eyes were still huge in shock as well as embarrassment. "It's fine Ella... Only thing I need is a nice hole to crawl into. I'll wake up Rachel so she can start getting ready." He got out of bed, removing the warm heat pocket he and Ella had created. "Today is Valentine's day!" He smiled at Ella, and let Rachel's hair. "Rachel...? It's time to get up... It's Valentine's day..."

Hearing Tybalt talk about wanting to crawl into a hole, Ella wanted to tell him that it really wasn’t an issue, but judging by his actions, she could tell that he knew she’d been uncomfortable. Though she was touched that he seemed worried about her reaction, she felt bad because she shouldn’t have reacted that way. Fortunately, before she could say anything, he changed the subject and though she returned his smile, she didn’t mirror his apparent enthusiasm. After all, since taking on nanny duties, Valentine ’s Day was just another day. Still, as she watched Tybalt trying to wake Rachel, she couldn’t help but wonder why he seemed excited for the day when he didn’t have anyone to share it with. Of course, she was not going to ask that question, so she simply remained silent.

Rachel had slept through the entire spectacle, apparently too deeply asleep to hear them freaking out about waking up next to each other. However, the hand petting her hair and soft words brought her awake, and she blinked sleepily up at Tybalt. "Valentines day?" She asked softly, sitting up and rubbing her eyes. "Do you have a dinner date we should prepare for?" Maybe he had a woman coming.

His smile fell. "Uh... Not anymore. But I can make heart shaped pancakes. I'm good at that." He smiled again, but it wavered.

Afraid she had upset him, Rachel hurriedly sat up all the way. "T-there's no need for that sir, I can cook," she promised hurriedly. She shouldn't have mentioned a woman, not after Kinlea, but she'd been half asleep! "What do you need of us sir?" She finally managed, bowing her head.

"If you want to cook something to go with the pancakes you can. I would like to make those though~" Tybalt pat her head. "You two can change after breakfast."

Rachel looked up at him, relieved he wasn't upset. She didn't like to see him sad. "I could cut up some fruit, sir," she offered. It sounded like he wanted to cook which was fine.

"That sounds great." He smiled, and stood up with his knees popping the whole way. He rubbed one and smirked. "Didn't stretch this morning..."

Ella kept her expression impassive but inwardly grimaced at question Rachel about a dinner date. She didn’t fault the younger girl for it was clear that she wasn’t quite fully awake when she said that, but it was unfortunate to see Tybalt’s mood fall so quickly. When the talk turned to breakfast, Ella was glad at what seemed to be a bit of a lift in his spirits, and hoping the pancakes would turn out much better than the ramen noodles had, she asked, “Would you like me to get the coffee started?”

"Oh! Yes please. That would be wonderful... you two are the best..." Tybalt smiled and headed off to the kitchen.

Rachel got up, thinking about changing before she remembered that he'd told them not to yet. "I'm glad he's in a good mood," she said happily. It upset her to see Tybalt sad.

Tybalt began to rustle around in the kitchen, laying out all of the ingredients he needed for pancakes. He knew what he saws doing here. Pancakes was one of the first things he learned.

At Rachel’s comment, Ella nodded in agreement as she said, “Yeah, me too.” She then found herself giving a small grin and a slight chuckle, and she almost voiced her thoughts on the pancakes and noodles but knew that it would be disrespectful. Keeping that thought to herself, she instead waved toward the door as she said, “Well, shall we? ...You know, I’ve never had pancakes before, have you?”

Tybalt by then was already measuring out ingredients. He was quick at that, he had pancakes almost every morning. It was one of his favorites. Though he mostly used bisquick... It made it faster.

Rachel shook her head, smiling at the prospect of trying something new. "I've made them, but never had them," she replied, walking out the door. Tybalt was so kind to them.

He double checked everything, making sure he wouldn't embarass himself this time, then heated the stove. That could have been bad...

With a smile of her own, Ella followed Rachel out of the room. Upon walking into the kitchen, glanced around as she made for the coffee pot, and though she made no show of it, she was relieved that things seemed to be going better than they had for Tybalt’s previous cooking attempt. Once she had the coffee started, she then went to the cupboards and pulled out the dishes. She set one plate down next to the stove, and the rest of the dishes she placed on the island. With that done, she couldn’t think of anything else for her to do where she wouldn’t just get in the way. Thus, she dutifully stood by the wall where she’d be out of the way but still available if either Tybalt or Rachel needed a hand with anything.

Rachel had to admit that finding the kitchen in one piece was surprising. Still, it was not her place to comment, and dutifully she went to the fridge to start pulling out fruit. "Is there any kind in particular that you like?" She asked Tybalt, glancing at Ella as if to direct the question her way as well.

"If it's in there I like it. What kind do you two like?" He asked, focusing on the cooking and not really seeing what the girls were doing. Tybalt was pretty zoned in on his pancakes.

"Oh, anything sir," Rachel replied as she began retrieving fruits. Slaves didn't have the luxury of being picky. But he had a pineapple, apples, pears, strawberries, grapes- perfect for a fruit salad.

Tybalt began to pour out the mix he had made into a pan he had heated. He made sure it was heart shaped, pouring two small circles and connecting them with batter. First three turned out pretty good!

When asked about any fruits she liked, Ella said, “Apples are good.” The slaves of her former masters had been given fruit that was about to go bad, so her general impression of fruit was, kind of like doughnuts, not entirely favorable. However, there was one time, when she was younger, where she had snuck a fresh apple. Of course, now that she was grown, she knew how wrong she’d been for doing that and would never do it again, but still…she had enjoyed that apple. With a small shake of her head, she brought her thoughts back to the present and asked, “Is there anything I’m needed to do?” She tried to word it so that Rachel would know the question was for her as well.