lycrawaterz14

Of Slaves and Royals

"I... I got this. Give me a second. Carry on." He put his head in his hands for a few moments, and calmed down before another attack hit. He was super proud of himself.

Still looking toward Tybalt in concern, Ella found herself standing when Rachel did. However, she then thought she recognized the beginnings of another panic attack in his actions. Thus, when he told them to ‘carry on’, she gently put her hand on Rachel’s shoulder, and giving the younger girl a small shake of her head, she then motioned toward their plates. Though she was still concerned, he’d given them an order so they had no choice but to go back to what they were doing. Still…”We’ll be here, Sir,” she said before going back to the chair. “If there’s anything you need.”

Rachel bit her lip anxiously, slowly sitting back down and giving a vigorous nod to agree with Ella. She'd never seen this happen and it worried her. What was wrong with him? She would definitely ask the other girl later, when Tybalt left the room.

His hands were trembling, but he had gotten control in time. "I-I'm so sorry… I just… could have lost you both today, as well as losing Kinlea. And… life is pretty good with you two right now…" He nodded slowly. "I didn't mean to scare you two like that. I'm sorry. I've never had more than one in a day before."

((Sorry for going AWOL there, hopefully things will start going back to normal now. Also Lycra, sorry I totally missed Kinlea’s response to Isabeth…))

As Kinlea explained what the expected her to do, Isabeth looked at the other girl with distaste, and the more she heard the more she didn’t want to get involved. She then, watched as the man activated the chip in Alec’s arm, and despite her fear, she became quite angered. She knew that the chip would record everything which would allow this crazy lady to spy on her whenever she wanted. When Kinlea then threatened her family, Isabeth looked at her with shocked indignation for a moment, and then though the rational part of her mind urged her to play along to get them out of there, the part that was angry won out. “You know what? No,” she said trying to sound more confident than she felt. “I am a Vairmont, and I will not be intimidated like this. You have no right to do this to me, and I demand that you turn that chip off and release us, or it’ll be a tossup as to who does more harm to your family; the police or Daddy’s lawyers.”

~~~~~~~

Since the panic attack seemed to be at least held back, if not avoided altogether, Ella stood again and tentatively asked, “Would you like sommme,” she had been about to say ‘something to drink’, but worried he’d ask for alcohol so she switched mid-word to, “water, Sir?” She was trying to remember what else her former masters would use to help relax after a stressful day. “Or perhaps some tea or warm milk?”

The goons laughed. "How cute... Baby, who do you think is leading this investigation? When legal methods don't work, do you know police turn? And lawyers like money just as much as people. Get close to Tybalt, or I'll get uncomfortably close with both of you." Kinlea smirked. "You have 24hours to speak to him again."

"Tea please. There's peppermint in the cabinet. Feel free to make yourself a cup." He smiled shakily. "Rachel? Would you like one?"

Isabeth’s cheeks flushed a bit when she was laughed at again, but then at Kinlea’s words, her heart sank. If she was telling the truth about the police and lawyers, who could she turn to? No, she thought, Daddy’s lawyers would never… but without the police they’d have nothing to go on. When Kinlea then gave her an ultimatum she thought, You’re already uncomfortably close. “Look whatever, okay?” She said, “Just tell your thug to get his paws off of me, and let us go.” She was already planning on shutting the chip off as soon as they were clear, and then was so going to tell her father all about this. If the police won’t do anything, he’ll just have to get his own thugs… “You do know that you’re going to regret this, right?”

~~~~~~~

Ella gave an imperceptible sigh of relief at Tybalt’s request. “Yes Sir,” she said as she got the tea, and putting the kettle of water on the stove, she got out three teacups and placed those on the counter next to the stove.

"Hm. Cute." She smiled, and waved her hand and the men let go of the two.

Tybalt's hands still shook, but he was fine. He was happy to be fine. "Do you like mint flavored things?" He asked the two of them.

Rachel started, as though she hadn't been expecting to be spoken to. "Um.. Yes, please. I think it would help," she replied after a moment, a hand on her chest. She needed to calm down a little bit- no excitement, the doctor had said. "I haven't had many mint things.. I did have a peppermint once. It was nice." She'd found the old candy in a wrapper during cleaning one day, and dared to eat it. She hadn't been caught and it had been so delicious- the only candy she'd ever had, actually.

He smiled at Rachel. "Once? That's a shame. Remind me and I'll grab you some next time you behave really well or something... Like a reward."

Alec

He was startled because of what just happened. All he could do was sit there and stare. Who does this girl think she is anyways? He asked himself, a blank expression was on his face though. I wonder how Isabeth feels about this... He looked for her as the men let them go. Alec walked towards her and asked her if she was ok.

When Alec asked if she was okay, Isabeth shook her head as she glared at Kinlea and said, “No…Just wait until Daddy hears about this.” Holding up her still bound hands she added, “Now Kinlea, untie me and since your thugs brought us here, they’ll have to bring us back to my car. Oh and not in that filthy van either. I’m sure you have a more suitable vehicle available.”

~~~~~~~

Waiting for the water to boil, Ella got a sugar dish from the pantry and some cream from the fridge. Setting them next to Tybalt’s plate on the kitchen island, she gave a small smile as she said, “Yes Sir, and thank you. I don’t recall ever having anything mint.” Or tea for that matter, she added silently.

Rachel looked surprised again, and also slightly excited. "You mean.. We would actually have candy?" She asked softly. She remembered seeing royal children with candy. They seemed to enjoy it very much.

Kinlea smiled. "Your father will most likely be pleased I've chosen to be involved with the Vairmonts. But he won't be happy if you fail me. His will may be though."

Tybalt smiled to Ella. "Mint is my favorite." He got up and dug around in the cabinet. "Oh wait... Er, here. I hate these, the're old lady candies. Creme... Savers?" He tossed the bag on the table. "Have at it."

Edited by lycrawaterz14

Rachel's eyes grew wide at the sight of the precious sweets tossed before her, so casually, as if they were nothing. "A-are you certain sir? There is no need to spoil us so," she murmured in disbelief.

Tybalt shrugged. "You almost died today. I think you can eat one or two damn creme savers." He huffed and sat back down. "Ella you're welcome to them as well. Just don't eat too many. It's a bit late."

Rachel still looked hesitant as she reached out and took one, gripping it in shaking hands. Being offered a piece of candy by a master- it just wasn't done. Her tremors grew before she could take it no longer and dropped the sweet on the table, flying out of her chair to wrap her arms around Tybalt in a hug, face buried in his chest. She'd never fear him again.

Tybalt was really startled at first, sort of staring at her for a minute. He blinked and then slowly put his arms around her too. "I... I'm glad you like it?" His voice wavered, still questioning. "I didn't know you would enjoy it that much..."

"I-it's not about the c-candy, sir," she stammered, close to tears as she hugged him. "I just.. Thank you." Rachel couldn't find words to say anything else, to make him understand. His hands were on scars of the previous master, and she didn't have to worry that he would add to the collection.

Tybalt hugged her close. Maybe... This one wouldn't leave him. "Rachel..." He couldn't voice what he was feeling and he put his head in her hair.

Rachel stayed silent after that, allowing herself to be comforted by his grip. Tybalt seemed to have empty nest syndrome, which both she and Ella filled, but even if she knew what that was she wouldn't care. This was a place where she could be happy.

Isabeth briefly glanced to Alec and then looking back to Kinlea, she calmly said, “Oh, I’m not worried. Not in the least.” With a scoff, her tone turned scornful as she said, “You really think Daddy would want to have dealings with people like you?” She raised a brow as she shook her head. “Shows what you know.” She had no doubts what-so-ever that she was right about this matter. “I believe his exact words were ‘bane on free enterprise’ or something like that.”

~~~~~~~

When Tybalt said they could have some candy, Ella’s gave a small gasp of surprise, but as she watched Rachel pick up a piece of the candy, the nanny training in her said that they had to finish supper first. However, she was telling that part of her to shut up when Rachel actually hugged their master, and her jaw dropped as her eyes widened in shock. For a moment she was afraid for the younger girl, but at Tybalt’s reaction she relaxed with a slight smile. Not wanting to spoil the moment, she remained quiet as she went back to the stove to check the water.

Realizing that water was about to whistle, she removed it from the heat before it did. Having put a teabag in each cup, she poured the water and used a spoon to push the bags down to help the tea steep. With practiced ease, she brought the cups to the island and carefully set them down. Though they wouldn’t notice it, she couldn’t help but give Tybalt and Rachel a warm smile. While it was true that the rules said Rachel should not have hugged her master, Ella could tell that it was something they both needed, so as long as Rachel didn’t get in trouble, no harm done.