lycrawaterz14

Of Slaves and Royals

((Recap?? Sorry, just been really busy lately. And then the Sherlock episode came out ao I had a heart attack from fangirling tk hard...)

"Yeah... have at it." Tybalt wasn't really even paying attention to their conversation. "Thank you for cleaning up, El... and Rachel, that was the best meal I've had in a long time." He got up and stretched his shoulder. It was still sore from taking that dive into the floor to play dead.

Rachel looked back and forth between them, but ultimately stood down, allowing Ella to have the dishes as she wanted. It didn't stop the younger girl from wiping down the counters and stove, though.

Tybalt wandered off, and after a few moments running water could be heard from the pipes.

Kinlea waved the two off, and the guards opened the doors. "You have 23 hours and 38 minutes Isabel. It would be a shame if you didn't contact him by then."

Edited by lycrawaterz14

((chicbecause, though it’s been a few pages, not a lot has happened ~ Maddi and Sam are sleeping; Leon had gone to his room while Zeke was cleaning; Rachel and Ella are cleaning up from supper; Tybalt sounds to be taking a shower; Kinlea has just released Isabeth and Alec from when she had them kidnapped (for which Isabeth or her father may seek to hire an assassin in the relatively near future; not sure though… wink.gif ))

Ella nodded at Tybalt’s words, and as she took over the dishes she noticed that Rachel wiping the counters, but figured it was a simple enough task that there’d be no harm done. Once Tybalt had left the room, Ella turned to Rachel and said, “I am soo sorry about that. I swear I didn’t mean to say that in front of Master Tybalt. It’s just…you gave me quite a scare earlier, and I don’t want either of us to have to go through that again…”

~~~~~~~

Though Isabeth took exception to being dismissed like a slave, she wasn’t going to say anything. However, at Kinlea’s words, she glared at the other girl as she said, “It’s Isabeth not Isabel. Geez, if you’re gonna threaten someone, you should at least get their name right. Otherwise, you just totally lose the effect.” She knew she should have probably stopped there, but next thing she knew she was saying, “And another thing, what in the name of all that is good and decent makes you think I’m going to leave that stupid chip recording? As if...”

Alec

He looked at Isabeth with wide eyes. Why the heck did you do that! He thought. Alec looked at Kinlea. She's going to kill me. He thought with a poker face.

Tybalt returned after about twenty minutes ready for bed. "Everything tidied up in here?" He asked, peering about. He was just checking, not warning, but was unsure if he made that clear...

"Because why would you pull the trigger to something you are not 100% sure is unloaded?" She simply smirked.

Ella had just a couple more dishes to dry when Tybalt came back. At his question, she turned toward him but since she recognized his tone as simply wondering, she put the glass she was holding in the cupboard as she said, “Just about, Sir.”

~~~~~~~

At Kinlea’s response, Isabeth stopped for a moment as she tried to figure out precisely what she meant. Not quite able to decipher the threat, her face showed her confusion as she said, “Wait…what?”

((In an amusing aside, that was kind of my reaction too. No offense is intended, but…yeah. wink.gif ))

"...whoa. You two are good. That was quick!" He smiled at them both. He wasn't sure how to make his any less awkward than it was going to be. It wasn't often masters even stayed in the same floor as slaves. Innocently at least.

Kinlea just rolled her eyes. "Get out."

(She's just insane. I don't even know what me going on with her.)

Ella wasn’t used to being complimented for doing what was simply her duty, so at Tybalt’s words, her ears started to turn pink again, and as she put the last glass away she quietly said, “Thank you, Sir.” Glancing around the kitchen to make sure everything was done, she gave Rachel an appreciative smile and then turned toward Tybalt again and asked, “Is there anything else tonight?”

~~~~~~~

Isabeth simply scoffed as she gave Kinlea a ‘you’re crazy’ look. “Okay…I guess we’ll just see what we’ll see,” she said in a condescending tone. Turning toward the door, she said, “Come along, Alexander.”

He just shook his head. "It already looks better in here." Tybalt have a wavering smile to her. "I'm just really tired. I'm sure you two are as well." In truth he really just wanted to curl up in a ball and wither away, but tired was a good word to cover that with.

As soon as the two were gone, one of the men turned to her. "She won't do it. The investigation will run cold. Your father will be very displeased... You know you will face the consequences?" He asked. Kinlea actually looked afraid. "Yes."

Edited by lycrawaterz14

Rachel smiled with a faint blush, not having expected the compliment either. Even though she'd only been awake for a few hours, she was tired again. She didn't say it though, just nodded as Tybalt spoke.

"Rachel, you need to go on to bed... you look exhausted." Tybalt ruffled her hair, and then gasped. "Oh... oh no. I forgot to get you toothbrushes. I can't believe... I'm such a bad owner. I am so sorry..." He felt horrible. "I'll buy you some tomorrow... and toothpaste... Oh I feel so bad..."

When Tybalt told Rachel to go to bed, Ella gave a small smile as she nodded in agreement. However, when he then seemed genuinely bothered about having forgotten toothbrushes, her expression turned confused. True, a toothbrush would be appreciated, but she’d gone this long without one; one more day wouldn’t hurt anything. Of course, judging by his reaction, he seemed to think it was a bigger deal than she did, and she couldn’t think of anything to say on the matter that wouldn’t sound disrespectful. Still, she felt that she had to say something, so she decided to risk saying, “Don’t feel bad, Sir.”

He looked at Ella like a little kid who had forgotten to do his chores. "I'm so sorry..." He whimpered. "I'll... Just to on to bed." He tried to duck out of the room, but couldn't decide on whether or not to sleep in the slave's room... It was more his place to sleep in his own, bu he really wanted to sleep in the same room as those two... And if he had another attack Ella would be right there...

Edited by lycrawaterz14

Rachel nodded in agreement, stifling a yawn and looking content when he ruffled her hair. However, she became surprised at his sudden change in demeanor. It wasn't that big of a deal.. Why was he panicking? She hurried after him. "Master Tybalt- one night is no issue, sir! Please come to bed with us," she pleaded, hoping her innocent and tired voice would persuade him.

He stared at Rachel and nodded. "I... I will." He mumbled, and followed after her. "I am still so sorry... I should be taking care of you..."

Alec

He walked to the door and opened it. He waited for Isabeth to come out. A chill rushed over him as the wind blew in. The breeze wasn't as pleasant as you'd think in this room's heat.

Though they weren’t quite the same words she would have used, Ella nodded in agreement with Rachel. Joining the others as they left the kitchen, there was sincerity in her voice as she said, “You are taking care of us, Sir. Really, it’s an easy…” Don’t say mistake! “thing to overlook.” Finding herself having to stifle a yawn like Rachel had, she said, “With your permission, Sir, Rachel and I will get ready for bed.” She didn’t know if Rachel had any pajamas to change into, but she had the nightgown, and she was hoping that Tybalt would allow them the privacy to change.

~~~~~~~

Though she didn’t acknowledge Alec as he held the door open for her, in the back of her mind Isabeth was glad to see that even when injured he was learning his duties quickly. Walking outside, she took a deep sigh of relief to be out of that house. However, when she was led to the vehicle that would take them back, an expression of disgust briefly crossed her face only to be replaced by a look of long suffering as she got in.

On the way back to her car, Isabeth was silent but deep in thought. She couldn’t let this incident go unanswered for, but if Kinlea had been telling the truth, she couldn’t go to the cops. Of course, there was a chance that the crazy lady was lying, but she wasn’t sure if she could take that risk. With as much as Daddy donates… she found herself thinking grimly. She was thinking that it’d be best to talk to her father before talking to anyone else when she realized that if her car was still where she’d left it, there’d probably be a lot of cops there. “You know,” she said to the driver, “the mall parking lot is most likely crawling with cops. Probably be safer for you to drop us off at home.” At the look he gave her, she added, “You can drop us off a block away.”

She hadn’t really expected that to work, but the next thing she knew she and Alec were standing on the sidewalk about a block from her home; watching the vehicle speed away. For a moment she stood in silence as she tried to figure out what she was going to say to the police that she expected to find at her house. Turning to Alec, her tone was stern as she said, “You are to say nothing of this to anyone unless I give you permission… Not even the police or Daddy. Is that clear?” She knew that the stupid chip was still recording, and she didn’t want him to say, or do, anything that would cause problems.

Rachel nodded in agreement with Ella's words, looking at Tybalt in earnest. "You are taking care if us. Please, lets all three just go to bed," she pleaded, tired. She didn't even care what she was wearing she just wanted to lay down.

"I-I'll let you two get ready. I think there is more pajamas in the drawer..." He darted off and rummaged through something. "I got an adult extra small... I think that will fit Rachel? I dunno..." He called from the other room, before sighing, and bringing back the whole drawer's load in his arms. Of course laundry still dropped, him not bringing a basket, and he put the whole pile on one of the girl's bed. "My mother's and... The other slave girl's things are in here." He nodded. He had no trouble talking about his mother, but the slave who raised him still had a sore spot for him. "I'll leave you be."

Alec

He nodded. Well she's back to normal. He thought. I wonder what's going to happen now. Alec let his mind wander for a brief moment. The fresh air was crisp compared to the air inside the house. The idiot goons dropped them off a block away from where ever. He has only recently seen the world outside of the slave shop. I wonder how all the slaves are doing. They seemed nice, except for that one slave. Yeah 'daddy's' slave.

"Thank you sir," Rachel said with a tiny smile. His depression was making her uncomfortable, she didn't want him to be sad. After a moment of digging she procured a nightgown that would fit her.

Ella dutifully picked up the dropped clothes and added them to the pile on the bed. She was a little lost in thought as she tried to figure out the sudden change in his mood, but as Tybalt closed the door, she gave a small, appreciative smile as she quietly said, “Thanks you, Sir.” Going to get her nightgown out of the dresser, she wondered if Rachel would be more comfortable to change in private. Having grown up in what was essentially a dorm setting, Ella had never had the option of being shy around other female slaves, but she didn’t know what Rachel was used to. “Umm,” she started with some uncertainty, “I can change in the bathroom if you’d some privacy…”