lycrawaterz14

Of Slaves and Royals

(I gotchu)

If the royals had anything, it was dramatics. Every royal household's doorbell rang, and a pink envelope was slipped under the door. Tybalt looked to it, groaning. "Oooh no." He shook his head. "I don't WANT TO." He huffed, and snatched it up from the door. "It's the Valentine's Masquerade... It's for single royals and slaves between the ages of sixteen to twenty five... And I was going to go with Kinlea. Great. I can't just not show up... I'll be a shame. It would be embarrassing... And I would cheat you two out of going... We'll just sneak you in Rachel. You'll need dresses...." He started to stress again, but took it out on flipping pancakes.

Alec

He was awake for quite awhile when he heard the doorbell rang and a pink envelope was slipped under the door. He walked up to it and picked it up. It was addressed to Issabelle((It's been so long forgive me if I spelt her name wrong.)) He set it on the coffee table and wondered if she was up... Hopefully.

Rachel glanced up at her question, then looked at the array of fruit before her. "Could you help me rinse all of this?" She asked politely, jumping when the doorbell rang. None of what Tybalt said made any sense to her, and for a few long moments she just stared at him. "A.. What?" She couldn't even pronounce the word he had said but it sounded like some sort of party. "O-oh, sir, n- I mean, I do not wish to be rude but.. Parties are not my.. I do not like them," she stuttered, looking spooked.

When Rachel asked her to help rinse the fruit, Ella smiled as she nodded and went to the sink. However, then the doorbell rang and, like Rachel, she jumped then froze in her tracks as Tybalt went to pick up whatever was slid under the door. She knew she should have gone for the door, but after what happened the previous day, she was afraid to. She was relieved when Tybalt came back with nothing more than an envelope, and was also curious as to why the envelope seemed to upset him. However, she then gave an understanding nod as he explained about the Masquerade. Her former masters had already been married by the time they inherited the Montague estate, so they never bothered with the Masquerade nor allowed their slaves to attend.

Listening to the two, it seemed to her that Tybalt didn’t really want to go, and it was very clear that Rachel probably shouldn’t go. Thus, though she had to admit that she was curious about just what went on at this party, she thought it would be best if they didn’t go. That thinking was only reinforced by the prospect of having to sneak Rachel in. She was concerned that he’d get into trouble for doing so, and one run-in with the police was quite enough in her opinion. Taking all of that into consideration, she timidly said, “Forgive me, Sir, but the doctor’s orders were for Rachel to avoid excitement for a few days, so wouldn’t it be best for her to sit this one out? And wouldn’t it also be best for me to stay here to keep her from trying to over do anything? And of course, you could hardly be expected to leave new slaves alone so soon… After all, without you here, what’s to keep us from accidently doing something stupid?” In her mind, it sounded reasonable enough to get them all out of having to go while still saving face for Tybalt.

~~~~~~~

After the ordeal she suffered through, Isabeth didn’t really want to get out of bed… She didn’t want to but unfortunately she had to. As she got dressed, she went over the plan she and her parents had come up with to get back at the psycho-lady for what she’d done. She also thought of all the plans she had that were now not going to happen, and in a bitter tone muttered, “That witch has totally ruined my birthday…” Though she heard the doorbell ring as she headed downstairs, her mind was on thoughts of revenge, so she didn’t give the doorbell much thought. Entering the living room, she barely glanced at Alec as she said, “I’ll be taking breakfast in the living room.”

She expected that statement to be enough for him to know that he was to fetch whatever meal the cook had prepared for her, so she simply sat down on the couch without another word. Looking at the coffee table, she recognized the pink envelope and gave a small smile. In all the turmoil she had forgotten about the Masquerade, but now with thoughts about how great she was going to look in her dress, she was starting to feel that perhaps the day wouldn’t be a total bust. After all, it was still early enough that she could get this unpleasant business taken care of and enjoy the party later. Thinking of how jealous the other girls were going to be, her smile grew wider and somewhat sly.

He noticed Isabeth looked at the envelope and he knew he had to fetch her breakfast so he walked to the chef. What's the deal with the envelope? He asked himself. When he arrived Alec asked "Breakfast for Isabeth please." I wonder what she's going to do to that girl. He wondered.

When Alec walked into the kitchen, Chuck had looked at him with a smile but neither he nor anyone else said anything. However, at his request, the cook gave him a slightly surprised look as he handed over a tray with a dome covered plate. “Mistress Isabeth’s breakfast,” he said while glancing at Alec’s arm with a pointed look, but then his expression softened to an almost smile as he nodded toward the door.

He took the platter and brought it back to Isabeth. He put it down in front of her. The platter was full of things a slave would call every Christmas breakfast combined. And this is what they would call normal. He thought. He should probably wait and make sure she likes it. Why is the envelope pink? He asked himself.

((I know it's not much to reply to.))

By the time Alec came back with her breakfast, Isabeth had an elbow on the arm of the couch with her chin resting in that hand. In the other hand, she held the pink invitation and was absently tapping it on her leg. When the tray was set down on the table, she looked at Alec and what he was wearing. “Hmm, you’re gonna need something for the Masquerade…,” she said somewhat absently as she tossed the invitation back on the table and picked up a piece of bacon. “Go tell that to Louise so she can find something appropriate, and then have my car brought around. I have to go see someone and you’re to make a good impression, so wear a jacket.” She waved a hand to send him on his way, but before he got to the door, she added, “Oh, and make sure you bring that information Abby gave you yesterday.” With that, she started to eat her breakfast while waiting for him to return.

((kingcobra – In her happy little world, Isabeth may be oblivious to the fact that her car might still be at the mall or impounded somewhere, but I’m not. It could easily go either way, and I really don’t care which, so…leaving it to you to decide whether or not you want Alec to have to explain why it’s not her car waiting for her out front wink.gif. ))

Edited by starphyre77

"But miss, the car is still at the mall..." He said worriedly. "Unless someone picked it up." He said that and then walked away doing the rest of the things he needed to do. He went to Lousie. "Excuse me but miss Isabeth needs to find me something for the masquerade." He said not entirely sure of what was going on.

When Alec mentioned her car still being at the mall, she scowled at his back as she also realized that everything she’d bought as well as her phone had all been dropped on the ground next to her car. Who knew what had happened to it from there…”There better be a car waiting for me then,” she muttered to herself sourly as she fretted about what she was going to do without her phone. Shortly after Alec had left the room, her parents came in with a present.

Louise gave Alec a somewhat sympathetic smile as she said, “Ah yes, the Masquerade… You boys sure have it easy; all you need is a mask and you’re good to go.” She gave a wink to let him know she wasn’t being serious and then added, “I’ll have something ready for you before the party. For now though, how are you feeling this morning?” There was genuine concern in the question.

Alec

He gave a slight chuckle at when she talked about the Masquerade outfit. When she asked if he was ok he replied calmly. "Yes I'm fine just a bit shocked still. My only concern is the car and how we're going to go anywhere.

Tybalt sighed. "I wish it was that easy. Kinlea will talk horrid about me if I don't show... and already I'm the talk of the town." he flipped out three pancakes. and glared at the hearts. "...you already got me in enough trouble." he grumbled. 'I guess... you girls will need dresses. And I'll need a suit... I ordered a mask but never picked it up..." he began to worry again. "I'll call Sam. Maybe he knows a girl or two who doesn't have a royal to go with..."

“Glad to hear you’re doing well,” Louise said, “but if those injuries cause you any trouble, you come to me right away. And as for the car, I know that young Mistress Isabeth’s car was impounded to be searched for ‘evidence’.” Though her tone didn’t reveal it, her expression – and the air quotes – showed that she wasn’t convinced as to why the police kept the car. “Not to worry, she can use one of Master Vairmont’s cars. Maybe the red- no, that’s not going to work. Perhaps the blue-not that one either. The gre-no…” she trailed off in thought for a moment, and then said, “You know what, she can take Mistress Vairmont’s car. Go ahead and have the guys in the garage bring it ‘round front.”

~~~~~~~

As Tybalt spoke, Ella gave a small resigned sigh. Well, she thought with no enthusiasm, looks like we’re going to a party. However, when he then grumbled about how much trouble she’d caused him, her shoulders dropped and she lowered her head in shame as he continued. When he fell silent, she had to swallow the lump that had formed in throat so she could say, “Forgive me, Sir, I didn’t mean to cause you so much trouble.”

((lycrawaterz, question for you… Okay, the ‘plan’ that Isabeth and her parents came up with was to essentially tell Tybalt everything that Kinlea told her and suggest an alliance to make Kinlea regret messing with them. Such a detailed plan I know rolleyes.gif … Anyway, my question is: would it be okay for Isabeth tell Tybalt everything, or would you rather she did not?))

(Either way is fine wink.gif )

Tybalt looked up at Ella. "Trouble? What? Oh no, I meant the pancakes. Well the heart shaped. Because I wouldn't be in this mess if it weren't for them. The heart. Because of love. You know what I'm saying. Not saying I love you but... Oh I do love you, but not like that. Like, father son thing. I mean daughter. Even though you're just as old as Kinlea. Not saying you're old enough for me to date you, but not... " Tybalt's face had turned bright red. "N-nevermind. That was just a train wreck... I'm just going to call people now." He tried to dart out if the room, but stumbled into a chair, making him even more flustered than he already was. "Oh gosh..."

As Tybalt continued to dig himself deeper into his verbal mess, Ella’s ears started to turn pink as she couldn’t help but feel embarrassed for him. When he ran into the chair, she rushed forward saying, “Please forgive my stupidity, Sir. I should have known what you meant.” Without realizing it, she fell into old habits and after straightening the chair and pulling it out for him, she bustled around the kitchen as she continued. “Please Sir,” she placed a cup of coffee in front of him, “sit and have some breakfast.” She brought the platter of pancakes over. “It’s not healthy to start your day on an empty stomach.” She got the butter and syrup and after setting them next to the platter, she turned the coffee mug a little so that the handle was properly facing Tybalt, and then quickly backed away to the wall to stand with her head down and her hands folded over each other.

Edited by starphyre77

Rachel lowered her head and merely listened to them going back and forth, not really wanting to object. She didn't want to go to a dance at all, but as Tybalt had said, they already caused so much trouble. A good slave was lucky to have any choices at all, let alone be free to choose whether or not they went to a dance. So she continued cutting fruit with a blank expression.

"Now I made you feel bad!" He whined, and just pushed the plate away, putting his head on his arms.

When Tybalt pushed the plate away from himself, Ella’s expression became concerned as she said, “Please Sir, forgive me for...um...disagreeing with you, but you didn’t make me feel bad. I made myself feel bad when my stupidity made you feel uncomfortable. That is why I beg your forgiveness, and that you don’t let it ruin your appetite…Please Sir…eat.” She was actually a little afraid that he wouldn’t eat, for experience had taught her that if her master skipped breakfast, it’d be a bad day for everyone.

Tybalt just looked at her, and got up. He just slowly walked over and hugged her, his eyes watering again. "...thank you." He mumbled. "It's nice knowing someone..." He didn't have the word.

When Tybalt hugged her, Ella was unsure precisely how react so she did the only thing she could think to; she comforted him as she said, “You’re welcome, Sir.”

Tybalt kept holding her. "After breakfast we'll go pick out dresses for you, alright?" He mumbled, and squeezed her before he let go.

Ella still wasn’t quite sure of what to say or do and she was almost afraid of saying the wrong thing and making things worse, so she figured it best to wait for Tybalt’s lead. However, when Tybalt mentioned ‘after breakfast’, she took that to mean that he was still going to eat, and she was relieved to hear that. As for the dress, she knew it didn’t matter whether or not she wanted to get a dress. After all, he said that’s what they were doing so she simply said, “Of course, Sir.”

(The only thing I don't get it the 'slave turned nobility'. I don't think that would be possible and even if it was it would be frowned upon- right? Or is that just me?)

(( Basically, it probably would be terrible for their reputation should someone ever discover her past. They know she's not their child. They DON'T know who she actually is.

So if someone were to find out about the fact she's an adopted runaway slave, they may not be too pleased. ))

(( EDIT: She is now a lady, not slave turned royal. You guys were right. ))

Edited by Thaelasan