lycrawaterz14

Of Slaves and Royals

Gray

They got back to his house quickly. "Wanna tour?" He asked not wanting a reply. "Even if you don't it would be better so... Well let's get started." He walked to a humongous French door. "Here's the back yard where you'll be gardening and where you can spend as much free time as you'd like." He said opening then closing the doors. He walked up a flight of stairs and opened a door to a room. It had a queen bed with silk drapes and a huge walk in closet along with dressers and a low storage area with cushions on top. There was a huge window there and you could see the garden and horse stables. But that area was for his fathers slaves. "You see that stables I'll take you out there to pick out a horse." He smiled. He showed her the rest of the property and they ended at his room right across the hall from hers. "If you have any questions feel free to ask in any form you can."

"Shut up." Maddi said sternly, not letting him go. "You don't get to talk about yourself because you think that you aren't good for anything and that's not true. Things don't work if you don't treat them right, people don't work if you don't treat them right. And when things don't work people think they're worthless, but that's not true, they just weren't taken care of. And now I'm here to take care of you so you'll see how amazing you are."

Also taking Tybalt’s words as permission to eat, Ella started eating; nodding in agreement to Rachel’s statement. At Tybalt’s comment about the cook, Ella gave a small smile as she said, “She is, Sir. She always made sure everyone got even shares of the food…Well, unless someone was being punished with no food, but there wasn’t anything she could do there…” Though she gave a ‘that’s the way it is’ shrug as she said that, she couldn’t help but think about the pained look Katie always seemed to have whenever she had to deny someone supper.

Rachel blushed and ducked her head, shuffling her feet sheepishly. She was still awfully shy. "Thank you, that's very kind of you sir," she said softly. Even though she wasn't used to eating this caliber of food, she ate with impecable manners.

"It's true." Tybalt smiled. He glanced at Ella and smiled again. "It's been a long day… this is a good way to end it on a high note."

Ella nodded somewhat absently at Tybalt’s comment about the punishment, but then she noticed Rachel’s reaction to the compliment, and she gave the younger girl a warm smile. At Tybalt’s next statement, she looked toward him as she thought about the day. Nodding again agreement, she said, “It is indeed, Sir.”

He stared at his plate absentmindly. He had scarfed the most of it down pretty quick... "Did you two have any siblings?" He asked, turning his head a bit.

Rachel shook her head to the question. "No, I did not. Or if I did, we were separated at a young age," she replied, finishing off her vegetables. Siblings weren't a big deal to her and besides, she had Ella now.

"Oh... I think I had a half brother at some point... He was sold though. He was a slave." He shrugged.

Rachel nearly choked on her water at his information. "You mean.. One of your parents.." Had sex with a slave. Consensual, or not. The thought made her sick, and she paled, putting down her fork.

"Shut up." Maddi said sternly, not letting him go. "You don't get to talk about yourself because you think that you aren't good for anything and that's not true. Things don't work if you don't treat them right, people don't work if you don't treat them right. And when things don't work people think they're worthless, but that's not true, they just weren't taken care of. And now I'm here to take care of you so you'll see how amazing you are."

((Don't mean to be a bother or anything, but...))

(Sorry, I keep missing yours)

Sam rested his chin on her shoulder, closing his eyes against the tears that threatened to start flowing again. "Maybe I wasn't worth taking care of," he croaked, unable to feel anything but hatred for himself.

He looked at Rachel strangely. "What? He was part of the estate, when my father died part of the estate sold before my mother could halt the proceedings. There is fines for the supposed crimes like he committed." He felt bad

Maddi frowned. "Thats not true. Just wait, I'll show you." she said softly, holding him tighter. "I don't know why you would think you aren't worth it. I think you're worth it, and you are."

Rachel still looked at him strangely. "Yes but.. If he is your brother, that means one of his parents is not one of your parents, but a slave." She was no stranger to slaves being sexually harassed. It was never too bad for her, but when it did happen..

Sam was silent, just silently holding her while he fought to control his emotions. At least one person cared about him. He'd start a list if he thought there would ever be more than one name. Nodding mutely, he slowly let go. "I guess.. I guess I'll see you in the morning." If she didn't leave him.

He shook his head. "I said half brother..." He looked at his food again, no longer hungry. The day his brother was sold his mother was so upset... She had just lost her husband, and now the slave sold. He supposed he would be upse-... He almost had that happen today... He lost Kinlea, and could have lost his girls... He looked sort of sick now.

"Okay," Maddi said, releasing him. She smiled warmly at him, "Whaddaya want for breakfast?" She hoped he didn't want anything super fancy. She didn't know how to cook anything she couldn't pronunce.

Breakfast? That was usually orange juice and vodka but he had a feeling that request wouldn't go over well. "I.. Don't know. Don't usually have breakfast," he mumbled, rubbing rhe back of his neck.

"Really? Never would of guessed... You see, like a breakfast guy to me... Oh well, I'll just surprise you then!" She said, walking to the stairs. "I'll see you in the morning! G'night!"

"Goodnight," Sam called belatedly, watching her disappear up te stairs. Slowly he shuffled towards his own room, unable to look at the bathroom as he passed. Maddi had stopped him from killing himself -what would Tybalt think?- but was he really worth it? Dragging himself into bed, he lay staring at the wall.

Maddi flung herself onto the bed, burying her face in pillows. This had to be the softest thing she'd ever felt. She turned over so she would lay on her back, drifting to sleep as she thought about the days events.

When Tybalt asked if they had siblings, Ella sort of assumed that he was mainly asking Rachel – he’d met her brother after all – so she remained silent as Rachel answered. However, when he mentioned his half-brother, she was also surprised but managed to conceal her reaction. Though she was, like Rachel, troubled by the implications of his statement, as she listened to the others she found herself wondering why he was telling them, and if he’d ever tried to buy his brother back, and how awkward that would’ve been for both him and this brother. Noticing the look on his face she asked, “Sir…?” She was about to ask if he was okay, but since that wasn’t an acceptable question, she switched to, “Are you ill?”

His head still felt woozy. "I could have lost you two today..." He looked actually hurt. He didn't exactly feel good. "I... Am going to lie down for a while. I'll see you in a bit..."

Now Rachel looked concerned as well, standing before she realized she wasn't sure where she was going. "I- do you need help? A damp rag?" She asked fretfully. Had she caused this, by making a big deal over his brother? Her cheeks flushed bright red.