lycrawaterz14

Of Slaves and Royals

Tybalt smiled at her and led her to a table spot, selecting two with not many seats around it open. Kinlea really only needed one to cause trouble though... He made that go out of his mind. He didn't need to think about that. At all. He handed Isabeth her plate and smirked a little. "Sorry... If I knew what you liked perhaps I could give you what you wanted. Afraid I don't know you quite well enough." He left the chairs pulled out so no on would take them, even though the empty plate should have been a dead giveaway. The two little blips were lighting up on his phone next to each other. He breathed a sigh of relief and put it back in his pocket. "They found each other. Good... I was starting to worry." Luckily he had registered their chips and numbers in his name.

Isabeth accepted the offered plate with a nod and a small smile. However, when Tybalt commented about his girls, her smile turned a little wry as she said, “See, I told you there was no need to worry.” She then gestured for him to precede her as she added, “After you.”

(Rachel is not 7... Rachel is 12)

Rachel was really starting to freak out when suddenly she heard a familiar voice behind her. Whirling around, utter relief seeped into her expression at the sight of Ella. With a small cry she flung herself at the older girl, wrapping her arms around her tight. "I'm so sorry!" She gasped, shaking a little bit. "I didn't.. Mean to.. Get lost." She willed herself not to cry, not here in front of these people which would embarrass her master. She sniffled and reluctantly pulled away, stRing at the ground. "I'm okay.."

((Ahh, but the 7 year old they were talking about wasn’t Rachel but rather some unknown slave that Alec said he’d seen. However, Ella did say that Rachel was 11 because this was the last post I could find that mentioned her age… smile.gif ))

When Rachel wrapped her arms around her, Ella returned her hug hoping it might help them both. Though she thought that Rachel needed more calming down, when she pulled away Ella released her but looked at her with concern. “Hey,” she said gently as she put a hand on Rachel’s shoulder, “it wasn’t your fault. In a crowd like this, it’s unfortunately easy to lose track of people and I’m really sorry I wasn’t paying closer attention.” She gave Rachel’s shoulder a reassuring squeeze. “You sure you’re okay?”

(.. Or 11 xd.png sorry)

The hug was very reassuring, as was Ella's solid presence beside her. Rachel nodded and dabbed at her eyes, having managed not to cry. "Yeah, I'm okay.. It isn't your fault," she replied softly. Her gaze fell down to the mask clutched in her hand; she was scared to put it on again, in fear of losing her group once more. "Do I have to wear this?" She asked with a small frown. "I can't see out of it.."

Ella was relieved to see Rachel calming down, but then she found herself frowning as well when asked about the mask. “I…” she started, but then stopped in thought. If it was just the two of them that would have to deal with the consequences, she’d have said it was fine to not wear the mask. Unfortunately, their behavior would also reflect on their master, and they couldn’t risk bringing any negative attention to him. “I’m really, really sorry but I’m afraid it’d probably be best if you did wear it. We don’t want Master Tybalt to get into trouble or angry.” She looked toward the gates that led into the ball, and then held out her hand to Rachel as she looked between her and Alec. “Tell you what, once we’re inside we’ll choose a place to meet if any of us gets separated. Sound good?”

((Just to let you all know, I’m going to be out of town and net-less from the 6th to the 13th. Really sorry about that... Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions on what to do so you’re not stuck waiting for me? unsure.gif ))

Edited by starphyre77

Rachel looked mildly crestfallen, but lifted her mask up anyway and secured the ribbon behind her head to keep it on. She hoped the night would end quickly, this wasn't any fun. She did take the hand in front of her however, feeling much more safe when she was with Ella than on her own. "Okay," she agreed softly, eyeing the other boy uncomfortably.

Seeing the look on Rachel’s face, Ella felt bad but really, she didn’t see any other way. They simply couldn’t risk any unwanted attention. When Rachel took her hand, she gave a gentle squeeze as she said, “Don’t worry, we’ll get through this together.” She then nodded to Alec as she said, “By the way, this is Alexander, his mistress is Miss Isabeth; Master Tybalt’s date.”

Rachel turned her head to look at the boy. She was kind of surprised to hear that Tybalt was with Isabeth, since she had caused a commotion at the donut shop the other day that had gotten his friend in trouble, but she didn't say that. Alex could tell her and she didn't want to be in trouble too. "Hi," she said shyly.

((I'm really sorry folks, but I'm going to be gone for a while. If you'd like to continue on, feel free to have Tybalt send Ella off on an errand or something. Or heck, maybe she had to use the restroom...for a really long time. xd.png ))

Edited by starphyre77

((Sorry for not being active I hope you for give me but from the 28tg to July 9th limited posts will be made.))

Alec

He was relieved when Ella found Rachel of course he didn't know her but they would stop looking for her and could continue. Finally. he thought. The two had a quick conversation and Rachel said hello to Alec. "Hi." He replied. They started to walk through the busy crowd. Too many people crowded one area, way to many.

((No worries, kingcobra... These things happen. wink.gif ))

Ella noticed the look that Rachel gave Alec, but she wasn’t sure quite what the look meant so she didn’t say anything about it as the other two greeted each other. As the three of them made their way to the entrance, she made sure that Rachel wouldn’t get separated again by keeping hold Rachel’s hand. Not having any clue what to expect or what was expected of her, she looked around with curiosity once they were inside. Though there was a lot to take in, the main thing that struck her was the sharp contrast in the colors of the sides. She was starting to feel a little lost, but she didn’t want to worry Rachel so she kept her voice calm as she looked to Rachel and Alec and quietly said, “So…here we are, any ideas on what we’re supposed to do now?”

Edited by starphyre77

Rachel was very grateful for the hand in hers. Some girls her age might have been embarrassed, but she was scared of getting lost again, so she stuck to Ella like glue. Inside it was noisier and more crowded than outside, which was a bit daunting for her. She certainly didn't want to get lost in this crowd. "D-don't we just stand against the wall?" She asked hesitantly. That was a slave's position at most gatherings.

At Rachel’s question, Ella looked at her with a small, sympathetic smile and then her gaze swept the room. Noticing that the walls were oddly devoid of slaves, she said, “Normally, yes we would. Here…,” she gave a slight shake of her head, “I don’t think so.” Wondering if they should find Tybalt to get orders from him, she looked over to the Royal’s side and suddenly realized that with the masks and at that distance, she wasn’t sure if she’d be able to recognize him. Though her heart started to beat a little faster, she pushed that concern aside as looked instead at the people around them.

“Okay, first things first,” she said as she pointed to the wall about halfway between the corner and where the black and grey tiles met. “That wall over there looks pretty empty, so if we get separated, let’s meet there, okay?” She gave Rachel’s hand a reassuring squeeze and then lowered her voice a little as she continued, “Now, we don’t want to bother our masters, so I say we just follow the crowd.” She gave a slight tilt of her head toward the clusters of circular tables where several slaves sat eating. Though the food would have been simple fare to a Royal, Ella thought it looked rather fancy and she figured since others were eating it, they should be fine having some as well. Starting to lead the way to the line for the buffet, she said, “Come on guys, let’s go grab a plate and a table.”

Rachel felt more out of her element here than she ever had. She couldn't hide to one side and there were no orders to follow. She had to actually think for herself, and the sad part was that having her own free will scared her. What if she messed up? Luckily, Ella was there to guide her. She gazed at the wall, memorizing where it was before nodding in acknowledgement. If they got lost, that's where she would go. "We get to eat?" She echoed wonderingly as they went to get plates, she herself clutching her own to her chest.

Tybalt just awkwardly shuffled, holding two plates and not knowing what to talk about. "So... How are you liking Alex? Is he well behaved this far?" He asked, not really sure how to start a conversation. He looked as subtly as he could for Ella and Rachel, but couldn't find either of them.

Alec

He glanced at the wall. It was a pretty good meeting spot but hopefully they wouldn't get seperated. The food was rather well made and looked delicious. "I'm not so sure about grabbing a plate you two can grab one if you'd like though." He said. Even though he wanted it Alec decided not to take it. There would be no use in having it. He might want to get used to it and then go back to his or map food.

“Well,” Ella said as she took a plate, “Master Tybalt would’ve said something if he didn’t want us to eat, right?” She had been looking forward to trying the food, but then Alec’s words had her hesitating briefly as she tried to figure out why he might decline? The way he talked, she didn’t think he’d been ordered not to eat, so she bit her lip as she picked up another plate and held it out to him as she tentatively said, “You know Alexander, as long as it doesn’t go against your orders, we could call it a lesson in etiquette and blending in…Besides,” she gave him an uncertain smile, “Master Tybalt did order us to have a good time.” Of course, Tybalt wasn’t Alec’s master, but she was hoping he wouldn’t call her on that technicality. “Oh and Rachel,” she added as she suddenly remembered some of the things she’d seen at buffets before, “try not to overfill your plate, okay? Only take what you’re going to eat.”

---

“Oh, he’s doing okay I suppose; still has a lot to learn though,” Isabeth said as she idly ran her finger along the edge of her plate as she said, “He did try to get me out when…” She paused when she realized that she had no idea where Kinlea was, or if anyone nearby was with the crazy lady. “Well, let’s just say when I was in a bit of a tight spot.” She looked around to see if she could spot Kinlea or her slave. However, at that thought she became aware that Kinlea’s slave would have gone to the slave side. With a slight furrow of her brow, she looked toward the slaves’ side both hoping that Alec and Tybalt’s girls would have enough sense to avoid Kinlea’s slave, and wondering if she should summon Alec to give the warning. Leaning a little toward Tybalt, she lowered her voice as she said, “Would you happen to be able to spot our slaves, or our friend’s? I didn’t pay attention to what was being worn.”

"No, actually I was just looking for them. I know Kinlea is about three people behind us tryin to listen to our every word." He smirked. "I don't really care. She is in silver, and surely her slave matches her. Ella and Rachel should be fine, they could only benefit from the lack of supervision. I'm thinkin if I just let them jump right into more freedom they will trust me more." They were quickly reaching the front of the line. "I honestly hate festival food. It's entirely too rich tasting. If they just laid off a bit on the spices, exotics, and seasoning it would be a lot better." He huffed.

((Sorry about any random misfitting words I use my phone and auto correct hates me so…))

Alec

"True. I'm just not so sure. I mean I don't know Mistress Isabeth to well so I don't want to upset her. Well either way if I upset for her father will kill me." He hesitantly grabbed a plate. "What are you getting?" He asked.

When Tybalt mentioned where Kinlea was, Isabeth made note of the matter but resisted the urge to turn to look at the crazy lady. When he mentioned his slaves trusting him, she honestly couldn’t fathom why he’d care whether or not they did. The way she saw it, slaves’ trust, and indeed any feelings they might have, simply didn’t matter because slaves were simply born to serve their masters. However, while she raised a brow in confusion at his comment, she shrugged it off as nothing to do with her. Focusing on what did matter to her, she quietly muttered, “Her slave better not cause any trouble.” She then let her tone go back to normal levels as she said, “See, and I’m going to have to disagree with you there. I love the festival food. Now granted, it’s not quite as good as what you’d get actually going to those places, but it’s a close thing.

---

Ella listened to Alec with a small, sympathetic smile until he mentioned Isabeth’s father, and his apparently severe punishment methods. Hearing Alec seeming to be so casual about his own potential death, Ella’s expression changed to one of concern. She was about to mention something to him, but he changed to subject to the food before she could. After giving him a brief considering look, she came to the conclusion that they could discuss that later so she turned her attention back to the buffet as she said, “Actually, I’m planning on getting a little bit of everything but like I said, I’m not going to take too much. Anything particular either of you think we should definitely try?”

"Oh? Because you see," He flipped on his accent like a switch. "...as a native Italian I'm going to have to disagree with you." He winked at her. He had his American accent down enough no one could tell where he had lived for six years. "I grew up in Italy from the time I was two until I was eight. After we moved to America," he switched back to his American accent, "I was told by my mother I should speak like a proper American so now I do. But let me tell you, Italian festival food is NOT the same as the home grown stuff." He got her a plate of the pasta that looked the most Italian to him. "Perhaps. I can take you with me when I show Ella and Rachel the main property in Italy. The slaves there have been running it for years, ever since my family left. Dad didn't have the heart to sell the family's heirlooms." Tybalt seemed sad again.

Ever impressionable, Rachel shifted her weight back and forth with indecision. Should they eat? She was hungry but Ella wasn't sure, and in turn she wasn't sure. However, it seemed like both slaves were leaning towards getting some food, so warily she moved closer to the buffet. She was very modest, scooping just a tiny bit of a few things. They were meager portions but she was too afraid to get any more.

Isabeth once again raised a brow when Tybalt changed his accent, but then found herself smiling as he continued. Unfortunately, her smile faltered when Tybalt’s comment brought his mood down and unsure how to respond, she simply put her smile back in place as she took the plate from him. “Merci,” she said in French and then continued in English, “We have a winter place on the French Riviera, and I tell you the shopping in Milan is simply the best - well worth the hour flight – and whenever we go, we always pop in to this quaint little café that has the best tiramisu. I won’t even get tiramisu anywhere else.

---

Seeing Rachel appear to be uncertain in what she was taking, Ella encouraged, “Go ahead, it’s okay.” She demonstrated what she meant by taking portions similar in size to what Rachel had taken but more of them. “I just think that we shouldn’t take too much so that nothing goes to waste if we can’t eat it all.” She paused for a moment as she looked at one of the dishes. “Hmm…I think this is Apple-Chicken Salad.” She scooped a slightly larger portion as she added, “I’ve always wanted to try it. You guys want some?”

"Then we should go! If your parents would allow you anyway. I could see yours and you could see mine." He just grinned. "Assuming you want to." He reached the end of the line and just turned back to her. "You ready to head back?"