lycrawaterz14

Of Slaves and Royals

“An Italy-France trip sounds fun,” Isabeth said and then looking at her plate she added, “Yeah, I’ve got enough here. After you.” Though she’d kept her tone normal, she was actually feeling a little uncertain. Quite frankly, she couldn’t tell if he was being serious or if he was saying what he was saying for the sake of the ruse to make Kinlea believe. As she followed him back to the table, she found herself wondering what she’d do if he was serious. Would she be bothered if he was? Not really. Was she being serious? Certainly not if he wasn’t. But what if he was? … She didn’t have an answer to that question. By the time they got back to the table, she’d decided to just wait to see how everything would play out. However, she did wonder how she could find out his intentions without making Kinlea aware that they were messing with her.

"Yeah... I was planning on taking Rachel and El later on. I thought they might enjoy the fresh air. Once they settled of course. It's been a rough couple of days for them." Tybalt pulled out her chair for her and gestured for her to sit. "And your parents would be okay with that? They may want to meet me first..."

((I'm back!))

Alec

"Apple-chicken salad? Sounds good to me." Alec replied. "He grabbed a small bit of something else and decided that what he had was enough. He was too nervous to eat, this crowded space bothered him and he was ready for it to be over with. "The crowd's a bit crowded to me, do you think it's crowded?" He asked having his mind on the topic but what he said must have seen really random to the others.

((Starphyre do you mind if Alec gets separated from Isabeth? I don't know it might add a bit more other character involvement.))

Username: DR4GONLOV3

Name: Ayuuna Thixodius

Class: Slave

Appearance:user posted image

History: Was born in the outskirts of a small town to a poor family and was taken to be a slave at the age of 7. As for her personality, she is incredibly antisocial, won't express any large emotion other than fear unless forced, speaks softly and is very straightforward about her words, easily frightened, absolutely hates being touched by anyone other than someone she trusts most, loves sweet food, calming music, silence, and black cats.

Other: She wears a victorian-esque short black dress most of the time.

(got room for one more?)

Isabeth nodded a thank you as she took seat. “Rough days seem to be running rampant lately,” she said wryly and then smiled as she added, “A little fresh air will do everyone good, but Mommy and Daddy will definitely want to meet you first. Of course, Daddy will probably give you the standard ‘you break her heart, I break your face’ talk…or however he words it.”

---

When Alec asked about the crowd, Ella looked around and then nodded in agreement as she said, “Yeah, it is crowded. If you both have what you’re going to get, we can head to a table. It looks like the ones on the far side are less crowded. Wanna aim for one of those?”

((Kingcobra, by all mean, have at. Of course, she will go to the agreed upon wall when she realizes he’s gone, but since she’ll be leading them to the ‘far side’ of the room, she probably wouldn’t notice right away. smile.gif ))

((If you get accepted dr4gonlov3 I can use my long forgotten character. If you don't randomly leave and never come back...))

Alec

Alec started to walk towards the tables when he got separated from the group. Great. He did a slight jump to look for them but didn't see them.

((Sorry for short post))

Edited by kingcobra2018

Not wanting Rachel to get lost again, Ella held her own plate in one hand and Rachel’s hand in her other hand. Though she had tried to take the least crowded path to the tables, there were a couple points where she had to deftly maneuver between people. Finally reaching an empty table, she set her plate down with a sigh as she said, “Well, here we are-wait…Where’s Alexander?” She looked around and when she didn’t see him anywhere, her shoulders dropped as she said, “Awww man. I’m sorry Rachel, I should’ve been paying better attention. We’re going to have to go back through that.” She looked at her plate a little sadly for she’d so been looking forward to trying the food. Taking a quick bite of the Chicken Salad, she picked her plate up again and offered Rachel her other hand as she asked, “Ready?”

Tybalt just sheepishly smiled at her. "I thought it would be the more 'If my daughter doesn't come home in a few days I know what to tell the police.'" He half-joked. It was kind of true. Many people didn't just let their girls run off with strange men to foreign countries.

There was a sort of commotion with the reporters that were wondering about. They were forming a circle around a couple, and ohs and ahs were happening. "What's going on there...?" He asked, craning his head to get a better look. It appeared that they were tying to get a shot of the moment and people were popping champagne. The person next in line tapped his shoulder.

"It's the LaBeau's eldest boy. He finally proposed to that May-Lou girl. They're gonna be the next LaBeau heirs." The older woman told him. He just nodded.

"Charles LaBeau! He's a good friend of mine. That is the LaBeaus that own the sea market... Right?" He asked, dropping his time a bit to make sure the family was right.

"Sure enough." The woman nodded. She seemed nice enough. Tybalt just smiled, but not the way he did at Isabeth. The fake kind. The woman went on and his smile was replaced with a face of thinking. Or plotting whichever you would prefer.

(Gah sorry I've been gone for so long! I'm terrible. And Dragonlover is approved.)

“Yeah, that too,” Isabeth said with a mischievous wink, “but only after he’s broken your face.” When Tybalt asked about what had the reporters scurrying, she could only shrug her shoulders but then a nearby woman explained. Isabeth seemed to recall that the Labeau’s had attended some of her parents’ parties and she’d never really been impressed with Charles. Sure, he was decent enough but he just wasn’t her type. Of course, since Tybalt said he was friends with the groom-to-be she thought it best to be polite so as the woman started to leave, she smiled and said, “Well that’s good news. I’m sure they’ll be very happy.” However, she then caught the look on Tybalt’s face which caused her to raise a brow and in a mock suspicious tone asked, “What are you thinking?”

"Just wondering, if Charles LaBeau was People's number one richest eligible bachelor... What happens to number two?" He took a sip of his drink and scrambled for another topic. The taste made him cringe. "Blechhh. What kind of virgin knockoff is this?" He set it down and made a face. "That's pretty gross. It's like calling 'sparkling grape juice' champagne."

The reporters widened up the gap and from the angle Tybalt was at he could see May-Lou and Charles. May Lou was already dressed in white, which would look bad for her engagement cover. If that's what they were going for. Surely that's why Charles would wait until the Valentine's ball to propose...? But May was in white so maybe she truly didn't know. Which would be mildly cute, sort of.

Tybalt changed his mind to manly thoughts not about dresses and engagements.

At Tybalt’s question about rich bachelors, Isabeth had to take a drink to hide her smirk but unfortunately, his assessment of the wine was spot on. “Ugh, you’re right,” she said as she set her glass aside. “It’s positively plebian. As for the number two richest eligible bachelor, I’d guess that he would have all sorts of women fawning over him. Not me of course; Vairmonts do not fawn…Well, unless it happens to be Chris Hemsworth, but that’s an entirely different matter.” She gave another wink to let him know she was teasing as she took a drink of water to try to get rid of the taste of the horrible wine.

---

Just as Ella held her hand out to Rachel, a man reached for her hand saying, “I’m ready, sweetheart…”

Upon seeing a strange hand reaching for hers, Ella pulled her hand back but then she felt a little pang of worry. With everyone wearing masks and such fine clothing, she couldn’t tell with certainty whether or not this man was a royal. Not wanting to risk any trouble, she kept her tone polite as she said, “I’m flattered, but I’m with someone.” Without giving him a chance to respond she added, “Enjoy your evening,” as she took hold of Rachel’s hand and pulled the younger girl with her into the crowd.

"Oh entirely. I understand completely." He teased. "Too bad he's married. He would be here as well." Several of the reporters were taking pictures as the couple stood next to each other, Tybalt enjoying the break from publicity.

"We should eat before they start taking pictures. I remember a couple years back Elle did a spread on how royal girls needed to learn etiquette ad took a bunch of shots of people eating." He huffed, and started to eat his.

Alec

That's great. I'm separated. Alec thought. He moved through the crowd but couldn't find the meeting wall. Crap. he continued to look around hoping to find them or anything else.

(Sorry for short posts lately.)

((Just to let you guys know, I'm going to be out of town and net-less from 8/2 'til 8/9. Sorry for any inconvenience unsure.gif ))

“I know,” Isabeth replied with a wistful smile, “but a girl can dream, right?” However, her smile then turned into a bit of a frown and she gave the photographers a slight glare as she said, “I do remember that article. They deliberately snapped those shots to be unflattering…” She then gave a dismissive scoff as she added, “I think if they try anything like that again they’ll be looking at quite a few defamation of character lawsuits.” She then proceeded to take a bite of her food but she made sure the bite was small and that she ate it with every ounce of manners that she’d been raised with.

---

Ella was quite happy that the man hadn’t tried following them into the crowd. However, after a little while of weaving among partiers, she suddenly realized that they were going in the wrong direction to get to the agreed upon wall. Changing their course, she once again maneuvered through the crowd, and before long she and Rachel were standing at the wall where Ella tried to enjoy the food on her plate as she scanned the crowd looking for Alec.

Edited by starphyre77

"Yes, but you of all people know how desperate they can be on a slow news day." He began to eat himself. Kinlea looked a bit lost, unsure of where to seat herself. She wandered about, attempting to make allies, but none went through. She just sat at her spot, alone. Tybalt almost felt bad.

"So... turns out I kind of barely know you?" He chuckled. "What's your favorite color? Food? Subject of studies?" He asked, not wanting to pay attention to anything else. Isabeth was a safe subject, the royals and ex-girlfriend were not.

(Didn't see there had been a response, so sorry!!!)

Nodding at Tybalt’s comment about the reporters, Isabeth looked around and noticed Kinlea sitting alone. Though she kept it out of her expression, she felt a touch of vindication as she thought, Serves her right. She looked back to Tybalt as he asked about her. “Well…” she said as she thought for a moment, “my favorite color is pink, my favorite food is lobster, and studying is just so boring.” She gave a slightly self-depreciating smile as she added, “Does choir count? How about you?”