sparkle10184

Prize Dragon Disscussion Thread

Yay! My baby finally hatched. Fogged now because the poor darling is sick, but at least I'm not longer egg locked.

In other news: Soul for sale in exchange for 2nd gen silver shimmer.

mine isnt even cracking yet and its at 4D 18H ill likely end up havin 2 er it at this rate

mine isnt even cracking yet and its at 4D 18H ill likely end up havin 2 er it at this rate

I ER'd my Bronze and it got sick. Be careful with them ERs. I think I may have put mine on one too many, though. sad.gif

As far as gendering, I find Yarolds very useful for that. I usually put my eggies on Allure of Neglected Dragons, then maybe SIlvi's lair if views are a tad low. Then if it's not gendered by 5d12, I'll put 20-40 credits on Yarolds. It almost always genders within 20 minutes of doing that. And it's pretty easy to keep up with the occasional 40 click run at Yarolds.

Congrats to the people that can get shimmers!! IDK how you do it but you do Keep it up! biggrin.gif

Congrats to the people that can get shimmers!! IDK how you do it but you do Keep it up! biggrin.gif

Sometimes you just have to ask! I got lucky and got my first Shimmer via one CB gold. The person was super polite and said she HAD got better offers, but since mine was the first offer of what she really wanted, she took mine. I was so excited. It never hurts to just ask. All they can do is say no thanks. If they're rude or harassing, report them. If they don't want PMs, its usually in their sig.

Sometimes you just have to ask! I got lucky and got my first Shimmer via one CB gold. The person was super polite and said she HAD got better offers, but since mine was the first offer of what she really wanted, she took mine. I was so excited. It never hurts to just ask. All they can do is say no thanks. If they're rude or harassing, report them. If they don't want PMs, its usually in their sig.

I like hearing stories like this v.v gives me a little hope. laugh.gif

Random but I think my favorite pairing so far is silver shimmer x shadow walkers. So pretty *_*

Still, I could not bring myself to PM unless someone had 'list open' in their sig.

And I've only ever seen that once, shimmer or tinsel laugh.gif

I'll try to get one of each sprite in stairstep both to have the sprite and as they are best for gifties...

But at heart I'm an even gen fanatic so I'll just have to keep watching.

Not sure anyone has had any discouraging experiences trying to trade Shimmer IOUs, but I thought this might be an interesting perspective.

I wasn't really looking for a Shimmer, and I did get a few PMs asking if I wanted to take an IOU for a Shimmer. I was trading a CB silver, and turned those people down.

I ended up accepting an offer of a Shimmer because the offer was actually physically(digitally?) on offer via my trade link. It was a higher gen than any before had offered to IOU me, but the temptation of actually seeing the egg made me accept.

My favourite pairing is sunsong x shimmer or blusang x shimmer tongue.gif

Phew! Wipes sweat off brows ... my shimmer gendered accordingly. smile.gif

The waiting game is one that I really dislike playing. Now that she showed her bits, she'd better like her mate. He's already doing push ups and what not waiting for the moment to come. tongue.gif

Not sure anyone has had any discouraging experiences trying to trade Shimmer IOUs, but I thought this might be an interesting perspective.

I wasn't really looking for a Shimmer, and I did get a few PMs asking if I wanted to take an IOU for a Shimmer. I was trading a CB silver, and turned those people down.

I ended up accepting an offer of a Shimmer because the offer was actually physically(digitally?) on offer via my trade link. It was a higher gen than any before had offered to IOU me, but the temptation of actually seeing the egg made me accept.

It would seem that a lot more people aren't willing to accept IOU's anymore. When my list was still open, I tried offering a few people IOU's for a Shimmer baby and got turned down by all but one person. I thought people would jump at the chance at getting on a list for a Shimmer but I guess not. *shrug*

I'm still waiting to see if my Shimmer swap is going to be accepted! xd.png

So eager to know!

I don't like to take IOUs due to bad experiences. I will GIVE IOUs, but I never get mad if people say no, because I don't like them myself. I really like to see the physical egg/hatchie personally.

I would love a Shimmer x Pillow. That or paired with a Guardian. That's one combo I haven't seen much of yet.

Edited by Husker

My favourite pairing is sunsong x shimmer or blusang x shimmer tongue.gif

But what color Shimmer?

Cause I have to agree, Bronze Shimmer x Blusang is a pretty dynamite combination.

Phew! Wipes sweat off brows ... my shimmer gendered accordingly. smile.gif

The waiting game is one that I really dislike playing. Now that she showed her bits, she'd better like her mate. He's already doing push ups and what not waiting for the moment to come. tongue.gif

xd.png s-stop. If I laugh anymore I won't be able to stop coughing for hours.

**pets shimmer on own scroll** Oh little one. When will you get better so I can unfog your pretty face?

My little cutie should be growing up any time now! Hopefully she's like her father and produces the first try, also ^.^

Aw, she grew up, and no egg /: Oh well, there's always next week, I guess.

Edited by Erica8798

is it just me or are views kinda being slow to add up lately on everything including shimmers? o.o

My little cutie should be growing up any time now! Hopefully she's like her father and produces the first try, also ^.^

Pretty! ohmy.gif

I really, really like that lineage! But I'm a sucker for BBWs!

@tikigurl91: If I had been actively searching for a Shimmer of some sort, I might have taken the first IOU offer that came along. The fact that a Shimmer wasn't a priority influenced my decision to turn down IOUs, it wasn't the only reason but it was a major one.

Edited by Draco Knight

Waaah! That is a gorgeous Silver Shimmer Erica! xd.png

I want a baby! Hehe. I can't wait til my Bronze cutie grows up.

*also is waiting on a possible shimmer swap trade*

Should I put a Shimmer open list in my sig or just randomly trade? I don't want PM barrages, I just want pretty babies. unsure.gif

I would just randomly trade when you have an egg to trade. It keeps you free from obligations and you'll probably get better offers.

I would just randomly trade when you have an egg to trade. It keeps you free from obligations and you'll probably get better offers.

That is quite true. I do intend to gift my first shimmer baby to my daughter, then I guess randomly trade any others! xd.png

Its nice to be able to gift pixels as a birthday present!