sparkle10184

Prize Dragon Disscussion Thread

Whenever I get my Shimmer babies, I'm planning to gift some and trade some. The only trades that will probably be "expensive" will be ones I need for scroll goal completion, but after those are done then I'll trade for common hatchlings. I'll mostly be gifting though. It'll be awhile before I get mine though so right now I can only make plans. lol

This shimmer craze is just insane. On the 3rd gen I've posted in the trade thread, I've gotten about 30 offers. People have offered all the things I stated, a second gen Thuwed, a shimmer swap. At least five, if not ten have offered 4 CB metals. Another PM'd me offering 6 CB golds.

Really not sure what to do.

ETA: Emptied some stuff from my PM box to make more room (it filled up during a college visit). Hopefully I'll eventually respond to all the PMs.

Edited by LugiaLover

This shimmer craze is just insane. On the 3rd gen I've posted in the trade thread, I've gotten about 30 offers. People have offered all the things I stated, a second gen Thuwed, a shimmer swap. At least five, if not ten have offered 4 CB metals. Another PM'd me offering 6 CB golds.

Darts. Spin the bottle. Random number generator? o_o

Sorry that I added to that mess tongue.gif I've been stalking silver x horse

At least you will definitely get what you want biggrin.gif

I sent a Silver Shimmer swap. I can't PM you since your box is full, but good luck on your decision, whatever it may be! My Shimmer is the one with Ribbon Dancers. Its also the ONLY one with Ribbon Dancers from that line. Good luck with your trade, Lugi! I'm sorry about all the darn spam. I posted a 3rd gen tinsel when they were rarer and got slammed just as bad, but finally did get the offer I wanted.

I would have offered if I had anything you wanted xd.png. *offers her some darts to throw*

Oh v.v Wow. I should just quit trying X'D

I'm on someone's list for a 3rd gen Shimmerscale.

I'm also on somone else's list, who is going to hold a prize draw at some point. (got my fingers crossed laugh.gif )

So excited. Can't wait to actaully get one of these beautys. biggrin.gif

It was hard to get on those lists though. I didn't know who the winners were at first, and when they revealed themselves, most of them said they didn't want any PMs. sad.gif

Edited by Frodo

Well my offer was shot down. I knew I didn't really have a chance not with other Shimmers being offered . xd.png

Yeah, in case anyone is wondering, I declined all the offers that weren't 4 CB metals/shimmerscale/2nd gen Thuwed. I'll still need to think about it, though. I appreciate all the offering that was done. I don't like this market either, it really sucks that such trades have high standards.

Some people have high standards. I am giving a 4th gen Bronze Shimmerscale for only 4 CB Magmas, simply because I just don't want a bajillion CB metals. I'd want a Shimmer swap, but...this person was so polite to me and didn't beg at all and offered me what I wanted (the Magmas) so I agreed.

I was one of the 4 CB Metal offers but removed my offer, so that will whittle it down further.

I've got a feeling there is going to be a little bit of buyer's remorse in a few months.

Maybe I should try and trade an egg for a CB silver...I need one and the thought is super tempting. sad.gif But...I want to AP drop too. sleep.gif

Some people have high standards. I am giving a 4th gen Bronze Shimmerscale for only 4 CB Magmas, simply because I just don't want a bajillion CB metals. I'd want a Shimmer swap, but...this person was so polite to me and didn't beg at all and offered me what I wanted (the Magmas) so I agreed.

The weird thing about it, is that I've been a member for several years, and I have no CB metals. When I'm offered this many, it's a bit confusing, I literally do not know what to do. I also don't know how to value them. And I don't even find them that pretty. So I'm not sure whether I even want to accept such an offer.

Edited by LugiaLover

The weird thing about it, is that I've been a member for several years, and I have no CB metals. When I'm offered this many, it's a bit confusing, I literally do not know what to do. I also don't know how to value them. And I don't even find them that pretty. So I'm not sure whether I even want to accept such an offer.

Well, there is MY offer of the Shimmer swap. laugh.gif

I honestly don't find metals that attractive either. CB Silvers are pretty, but the golds are SO ugly. That is why I put NO CB Metal offers in my trade posts. I'd rather just have a load of Ice Trios or Magmas. I also adore tinsels, especially 3rd gens. I currently have three 3rd gen tinsels on my scroll right now. I'm very good at getting them, it seems! One is a Tan Ridge/Dawn Silver Medal and I just LOVE him!

You've definitely been here for a while; I remember seeing your username years back when I was lurking in the forums.

What lineages are you interested in making? That might help out at choosing your offer, planning for what dragons you might need in the future.

About the gendering...do you think it will help gender quicker if I try to get as many clicks as possible?

I stuck my egg on yarolds and I have about 50 clicks so far but I wonder if I'm wasting my time, or if it might help if I keep it there for as long as possible? I can't stand waiting until the last minute to see if hatchies gender right, blehhh...

About the gendering...do you think it will help gender quicker if I try to get as many clicks as possible?

I stuck my egg on yarolds and I have about 50 clicks so far but I wonder if I'm wasting my time, or if it might help if I keep it there for as long as possible? I can't stand waiting until the last minute to see if hatchies gender right, blehhh...

I'm reasonably certain that getting a lot of clicks makes a hatchling sick quicker. At least, that looked like it was the case with my 3rd gen Shimmer. I think a steady pace of gaining views/UVs would be the best bet.

I've got a feeling there is going to be a little bit of buyer's remorse in a few months.

Maybe I should try and trade an egg for a CB silver...I need one and the thought is super tempting. sad.gif  But...I want to AP drop too. sleep.gif

I wondered that too but the Cb metal cave born boom has not ended yet so it makes me think maybe ratios got tweaked and they are here to stay. rolleyes.gif That's my hopes anyway. I like the thought of metals being more accessible once this shimmer craze dies a little. I also like actually being able to breed my metals and get babies. ^^! (Including my lone shimmer who gave me a baby first try)

Urgh....excuse me while I go hack out my lung. Don't get pneumonia guys...it sucks x.x

Edited by Reidragon

I have been playing for about 3 years and have only one CB Silver. I either don't see them often or simply don't have time with 4 kids 6 and under to spend a lot of time hunting for them. Good luck with your decision.

Edit: Get better Reid

Edited by Husker

I wondered that too but the Cb metal cave born boom has not ended yet so it makes me think maybe ratios got tweaked and they are here to stay. rolleyes.gif That's my hopes anyway. I like the thought of metals being more accessible once this shimmer craze dies a little. I also like actually being able to breed my metals and get babies. ^^! (Including my lone shimmer who gave me a baby first try)

Urgh....excuse me while I go hack out my lung. Don't get pneumonia guys...it sucks x.x

I guess it depends how much of a metal fallout there is going to be after this feast, since i doubt they are here to stay(as nice as such a thought would be).

*pats head* That must be awful, I get bronchitis at the drop of a hat. I can only imagine how much pneumonia sucks. :/

I have been playing for about 3 years and have only one CB Silver.  I either don't see them often or simply don't have time with 4 kids 6 and under to spend a lot of time hunting for them.  Good luck with your decision.

Edit: Get better Reid

Husker, I'm pretty good at catching CB metals. If I get one in the future, would you be interested?

To this topic: Does anyone have a good idea of when Shimmers gender? I am waiting and waiting for my little Bronze to gender and have been for a long time. She is supposed to be female (and was influenced that way) but she's nearing maturity and has yet to even gender! I know it takes tinsels awhile. I assume Shimmers are much the same?

I know this is about Shimmers, but tinsels are Prize dragons too. Is this a good line silver tinsel? Silver tinsel. I traded for him because I thought he was so pretty, I'm just curious how common that line is. laugh.gif

Edited by sarantha

Finally realizing my offers have been worth just about zilch this entire time is sort of depressing v.v

I guess I shouldn't be surprised what people are willing to trade for these right now.

I give up for now, I'll have to be more patient xd.png I'll probably thank myself later when these are more common. maybe

I typically keep my offers reasonable, one CB metal each, because that's what I paid for my IOUs, but I made an exception in this case due to the lineage xd.png

So there wouldn't be any regrets for me!