sparkle10184

Prize Dragon Disscussion Thread

No lists for me. I have one 2nd Gen, and I can guarantee that is all I will ever have. Just like my lone 2nd Gen Tinsel. tongue.gif

But, I'm not complaining. I'm glad I have at least one. smile.gif

Edited by tikigurl91

Seriously, I need to know what kind of animals you've been throwing into volcanoes, cause the luck gods are on your side. XD

:P It's not luck if people are generous and 42 works hard for them.

Edit: Switch that. Working hard then generosity.

Edited by Noxion

Seriously, I need to know what kind of animals you've been throwing into volcanoes, cause the luck gods are on your side. xd.png

Animals sacrifice themselves for him, volcanoes erupt for him biggrin.gif Chuck Norris calls his Sir 42. tongue.gif

There are so many pretty 2nd gens now and I can't wait to see them getting around more! Good job all and grats on all your lovely shimmers. biggrin.gif

42 got another one?

*opens mouth, then shuts it*

*throws up arms in dispair* Gah!

tongue.gif It's not luck if people are generous and 42 works hard for them.

Edit: Switch that. Working hard then generosity.

Hmmmm, true.

tongue.gif It's not luck if people are generous and 42 works hard for them.

I understand that 42's last one was a gift, but in my opinion, real generosity is when people trade Shimmers for people who don't have loads of CB Metal eggs and other stuff like that to offer.

*hides under table, not wanting anyone to get upset*

and yes, it's good that we're getting a lot of 2nd gens going about

42 got another one?

*makes a pouty face* and I've offered on about ten of them at this point. How 42, how.

Part of it is luck too though, like being able to catch nice things in the cave. I'm on every hour, see countless metals, yet still have no luck with them. happy.gif

Ah, me. The shimmers are one incredibly hoardable breed. I want a hundred. No, make that two hundred. xd.png

I understand that 42's last one was a gift, but in my opinion, real generosity is when people trade Shimmers for people who don't have loads of CB Metal eggs and other stuff like that to offer.

*hides under table, not wanting anyone to get upset*

and yes, it's good that we're getting a lot of 2nd gens going about

And so we have. Truth is, many more people than you think have taken ridiculously "low" offers for 2nd gen Shimmers. The difference was that people who got on the lists PMed the winners. They took the first initiative.

I keep saying this, but there is no way for us to know all the dozens and maybe even hundreds of individuals who want Shimmers. You have to make an effort on your end, too.

Edited by Noxion

I keep saying this, but there is no way for us to know all the dozens and maybe even hundreds of individuals who want Shimmers. You have to make an effort on your end, too.

Exactly, I put effort into politely contacting some winners (those that wanted people to), and telling them what I could offer. If you put effort in, you'll get a Shimmer eventually. It's just easier for Forty, because he can just chuck CB shinies at SHimmer owners until they give in (just kidding tongue.gif).

People can actually be very generous with the shimmers. You have to make an effort when you're looking but in my case I actually got approached by the person who gave me my shimmer, and that for an IOU of 2 lineages they didn't have yet.

I am on a list for a "free" 2nd gen shimmer.

I sent gifts anyway, because I wanted to, but was specifically told that they weren't looking for anything in return.

42 you must share your secrets xd.png

I would of pmed the winners only I had no idea who they were until the 3rd gen eggs started popping up lol im late to the shimmer game. Though i was late to the tinsel game as well lol

I figure the winners have so many people who want eggs now that id probably get lost in the backwash, and most have their profiles set to say to not pm as their lists are closed.

I do have a *Gifting Shimmer* but the baby is still too young to do anything. So, eventually, yes, people will receive shimmer gifts so all hope is really not lost. And errr ... now that I got this out, please NO PMs about it okies.

See, I PMed a couple of winners and got nothing. Some didn't reply, others just said they'd get back to me and never did. So, it's not just taking initiative and PMing people. Having lots of offer definitely helps (and luck of course). And I made it very clear when I PMed those winners that I didn't have much to offer so I can only assume that is why I didn't get any replies.

I got lucky with my 2nd Gen because I managed to get in contact with a winner who was not easily contacted and didn't ask for much in return.

No, this isn't a rant. I'm happy for those who are able to get so many 2nd Gen Shimmers. They are obviously much more skilled than I am. And I am happy with my one 2nd Gen. But I'm just saying, the more you have to offer, the more likely you are to get stuff in return. tongue.gif

42 you must share your secrets xd.png

I would of pmed the winners only I had no idea who they were until the 3rd gen eggs started popping up lol im late to the shimmer game. Though i was late to the tinsel game as well lol

I figure the winners have so many people who want eggs now that id probably get lost in the backwash, and most have their profiles set to say to not pm as their lists are closed.

^ This, though in my case did know how the winners are for the most part. Plus, not everyone wants to break their playstyle to try to get the fodder needed to trade with (or can catch metals as if they are commons *looks in 42s direction*). Or has pretty much no idea what is worth what when it comes to trading to begin with...

*shuts up now*

I am on a list for a "free" 2nd gen shimmer.

Wow, such a list exists? What a kind and generous person.

I'm on one list and was glad to find this person who was willing to trade something else than multiple cb metals. So I'm very grateful atm.

And I'm waiting for a reply from another player who contacted me first. Keep your fingers crossed for me wink.gif

Oh, trust me. I have.

I'll clarify that it wasn't so much "you, Maggie" as much as "you, people in general." I see a lot of posts where people admit that they're afraid to PM Shimmer owners.

@ tikigurl91: I'm not denying that the more you have, the better your chances become. But it is irksome to see "woe is me, I want Shimmers" sentiment when people openly admit that they didn't even give it a shot.

No, this isn't a rant. I'm happy for those who are able to get so many 2nd Gen Shimmers. They are obviously much more skilled than I am. And I am happy with my one 2nd Gen. But I'm just saying, the more you have to offer, the more likely you are to get stuff in return. tongue.gif

I guess it's like real life.

The rich get the privilege. wink.gif

Whoop, got a beautiful 3rd gen female silver x horse line! Love her! (Now to just find a CB Male horse...)

Saw you were wanting to Shimmer Swap. Emailed you about a 3rd gen Shimmer swap. Anyway, back to this topic.

I can mate my Bronze Shimmer from GWs soon...can't wait to see if she produces! I'd love to see what I could get for her baby, but I owe a couple folks first. I think that is the problem with the lack of Shimmers in trading threads lately, too many people IOUing for their friends. I just...feel obligated to help the people who helped me, you know?

Her first IOU is going to someone who traded me only 4 CB Magmas, because that is all I was wanting at the time. I feel bad for the people offering tons of CB metals for the same Shimmer the Magma person is getting, but it is fair, since the Magma person gave me exactly what I wanted at the time, right? laugh.gif

I might have pm'd the winners if I'd had the gall to ask ;; it seemed like it would have been pointless though, since at their release I felt rather discouraged about asking and sending messages as it was evident from discussion going on in the original prize thread that the winners were quickly being flooded with pms, and I didn't want to just add to the pile with a weak offer since I had/still have very little chance of matching the offers of cb metallics and such like. Of course, by being that reserved I had no chance getting on the lists at all as they were all filled so quickly. I'll just have to try to be content with waiting and playing with common dragons until they become more readily available (i.e. I'm going to be waiting a long, long while yet orz).

Oh jeez, I sure hope my shimmer's influence will hold. O_o

Edited by esnym

My first shimmer gendered rigth :::: wub.gif

Congrats! biggrin.gif im always biting my nails when waiting to find if they'll gender right!